Kobylee: Reduced reboxetine 18% down to 0.225mg

Kobylee

I’m on mirtizapine 1.7mg and reboxetine around pretty sure 0.225mg very small doses on both meds. I haven’t reduced much in many years due to having to much severe health issues cfs, Lyme, bad severe gut issues etc. 

But have done a few cuts of late on reboxetine. I think I did roughly a couple 8% drops last many months and went ok. 

My last cut was made in 31/7/21 around 18% 

from 0.55mg to 0.45mg. 

I have severe stomach mystery issues can reboxetine make stomach issues much worst? And I’m feeling suicidal and feel like dying I assume it’s my 18%? And not my other health issues.

it’s the only thing I’ve change of late the reduction.
Please help it’s absolutely hell what I’m going through. Any suggestions? Thinking just ride it out now. 

thanks so much 

1. Started on mirtizapine 15mg I’m 2014 reduced really slowly all the way to 1.65mg and stayed on the dose pretty much last 4 years.

2. Reboxetine since 2015 reduced very slowly been on dose around 0.22mg for around 6 months. Not really really my medication cause battling Lyme etc. 

3. Recently cold turkey mirtizapine 1.65mg and reboxetine 0.22mg for the last 18 days.

starting around 1/1/22. 

4. Recently changed from Ativan cause stop working 2.5mg to 20mg Valium and only last 3 days taken 45 mg Valium due to the hell with withdrawal mirtizapine i suspect main cause. 

Hi Kobylee, 

it seems like you have been around the site and know about proper tapering. May I please ask you to create a signature with your drug history? It will help us advise you on what to do when you ask questions. 

How to List Drug History in Signature - Introductions and updates - Surviving Antidepressants

I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering with your latest drop especially given how many other things you have going on. It sounds horrendous. 

At this point it seems like there is nothing to do but wait and ride it out as you say. Since it's been almost 3 weeks already, going back up a bit might not be very productive. At the lowest doses, these drugs are even more powerful. 

This will get better in the windows and wave pattern as before but it might take some time. How are you managing your symptoms? What is helping you ride this out? 

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

Hi Onmyway 

Hopeless at computers I’ll  try to finish the drug history in signature. I really appreciate your reply.
I’m at such a low dose of reboxetine how can it be so severe the symptoms depression etc I though wouldn’t be? I though I did well at around 8% reduction so I bumped it up. 
have you seen this happen with a 18% cut? 
I hope it’s all reduction why I’m suffering so badly.
When you have tons of health issues you don’t know what’s what at times. 
But it’s the only real change I did and that was reduction of reboxetine. 

I have a severe severe complicated gut mystery that causes me bad bad sickness when I eat fatty foods, take supplements etc i suspect it’s my severely leaking gut the cause cause when I took tons of L-glutamine this mystery sickness improved 80%. Now I can’t take hardly minting body had rejected everything. 
When I did this reduction it made this sickness go so bad again. Reduction in reboxetine must play a huge part with the gut when going lower? 

I hope this settles soon never a big cut again it’s hell when you feel like dying and crying all day.  Trying to do slow walks to ride it out can only just walk super slow cause Lyme etc. Any other suggestions for severe depression? 

Thanks 

1. Started on mirtizapine 15mg I’m 2014 reduced really slowly all the way to 1.65mg and stayed on the dose pretty much last 4 years.

2. Reboxetine since 2015 reduced very slowly been on dose around 0.22mg for around 6 months. Not really really my medication cause battling Lyme etc. 

3. Recently cold turkey mirtizapine 1.65mg and reboxetine 0.22mg for the last 18 days.

starting around 1/1/22. 

4. Recently changed from Ativan cause stop working 2.5mg to 20mg Valium and only last 3 days taken 45 mg Valium due to the hell with withdrawal mirtizapine i suspect main cause. 

11 hours ago, Kobylee said:

Hi Onmyway 

Hopeless at computers I’ll  try to finish the drug history in signature. I really appreciate your reply.
I’m at such a low dose of reboxetine how can it be so severe the symptoms depression etc I though wouldn’t be? I though I did well at around 8% reduction so I bumped it up. 
have you seen this happen with a 18% cut? 
I hope it’s all reduction why I’m suffering so badly.
When you have tons of health issues you don’t know what’s what at times. 
But it’s the only real change I did and that was reduction of reboxetine. 

I have a severe severe complicated gut mystery that causes me bad bad sickness when I eat fatty foods, take supplements etc i suspect it’s my severely leaking gut the cause cause when I took tons of L-glutamine this mystery sickness improved 80%. Now I can’t take hardly minting body had rejected everything. 
When I did this reduction it made this sickness go so bad again. Reduction in reboxetine must play a huge part with the gut when going lower? 

I hope this settles soon never a big cut again it’s hell when you feel like dying and crying all day.  Trying to do slow walks to ride it out can only just walk super slow cause Lyme etc. Any other suggestions for severe depression? 

Thanks 

Hi Kobylee, 

yes, these drugs are cruel. Their biggest effect is at the lowest doses. For example for my drug, citalopram, around 80% of the drug effect is at the full dosage 20mg, but 50% is achieved at 2.5 mg and around 30% is achieved at around 1mg. So going from 2.5 to 1 mg reduces the effect pretty much as going from 20mg to 2.5 mg. [This is a bit of a simplification but it's more or less true.]

I am currently only able to lower my dosage by about 3-4% a month so some people are just that sensitive. The silver lining, if you can call it that, is that now you know that you can't do 18% drops so you have to go slower. 

I am so sorry that you are dealing with all of the other issues as well. It sounds horrendous. There are a few threads that give tips on how to deal with emotional symptoms. 

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

What coping strategies are you trying? What is giving you at least some relief? 

Sending you hugs and hoping you will get some respite soon, 

OMW 

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Hi onmyway 

It means a lot for your support and reply I really appreciate this. Gives me a reason to know why I feel hell after the 18% cut. 
i try to go in the sun, tried some slow walking no effect when the symptoms are to severe. 

I can’t believe I’m only on such small dose of reboxetine and the amount seems so small when I reduced it but in reality its huge 18%. 

What techniques have you found help you best for depression? Are you able to work still? 

starting around 1/1/22. 

• Altostrata changed the title to Kobylee Reduced reboxetine 18% down to 0.225mg
  • 4 months later...

Hell stopping mirtizapine and reboxetine.

Guys please don’t judge. I’m in desperate help. I have so much things going on Lyme, cfs list goes on. 

But right now I’m dealing with severe medication issues beyond hell. I was taking mirtizapine 1.65mg for many years and stuck on this does for a long time like 5 years cause to unwell to reduce.

And also in a low antidepressant called reboxetine 0.22mg. 

So while I was in hospital i changed from Ativan to Valium as Ativan started making me suicidal. 

I started to settled meaning just getting by. Now day 18 hell broke lose since stopping mirtizapine and reboxetine. 

I thought I could stop at these low doses of 2 antidepressant and use Valium to cover the withdrawals, not the case the depression is beyond hell. I don’t know wether to start the 2 low antidepressant again settle on that.  

Very hard situation no easy answer going to ER Drs won’t even believe low doses antidepressant cause cause hell while stopping at low doses. 

Please pm me guys if wanna talk I’m desperate. 

Thanks 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

starting around 1/1/22. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi KobyLee,

I've moved your new topic to your Introduction topic so your history is in one place.

As requested above please create your drug signature.  Doing this helps us to help you.  Thank you.

How to List Drug History in Signature - Introductions and updates - Surviving Antidepressants

I have asked the other staff for their assistance.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

8 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Hi KobyLee,

I've moved your new topic to your Introduction topic so your history is in one place.

As requested above please create your drug signature.  Doing this helps us to help you.  Thank you.

I couldn’t see your massage chessiecat to my comments hopeless at computers? What what are thoughts? 

Kind regards 

starting around 1/1/22. 

• Moderator Emeritus
23 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi @Kobylee

What date did you quit mirtizapine 1.65mg and reboxetine 0.22mg? As ChessieCat asked, we need to see a drug signature to provide assistance.

How to List Drug History in Signature

Have you read our info about reinstatement?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I have learned, not medical advice.

Drug history

2002-2019 Citalopram/Escitalopram, Lamictal
2019 April Escitalopram, quit at 10mg (withdrawal), Oct Escitalopram 10mg reinstated, quit after a few days (adverse reaction)

2019 Oct Lamictal cut from 200mg to 100mg
2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

2020 Aug-Nov Lamictal tapered to 50 mg

2020 Nov 24 Lithium taper started, 30 Jan off Lithium

2021 15. March-31. May Lamictal tapered to 32.5 mg (holding)

2022 10. Jan started taking 25mg+5mg+2mg+0.5 liquid, 22. Jan went back to taking 25mg+5mg+half 5mg

15 minutes ago, Kiasofia said:

Hi @Kobylee

What date did you quit mirtizapine 1.65mg and reboxetine 0.22mg? As ChessieCat asked, we need to see a drug signature to provide assistance.

How to List Drug History in Signature

Have you read our info about reinstatement?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Hi Kiasofia 

I quite on the 30/1/21.

I will try to do the signature not the best at computers.
I was thinking don’t start reboxetine and believe mirt is the one causing me the most hell. And had to use Valium or I wouldn’t be here talking right now.

How can only 1.65mg that I’ve stayed on that same dose for 5 years be so brutal even quitting so low and effect me badly?  

starting around 1/1/22. 

22 minutes ago, Kobylee said:

I quite on the 30/1/21.

This can't be the right date...January 30th a year ago? Do you mean Jan 3rd 2022?

23 minutes ago, Kobylee said:

How can only 1.65mg that I’ve stayed on that same dose for 5 years be so brutal even quitting so low and effect me badly?

Read what Onmyway wrote to you and also this link:

Why taper? SERT transporter occupancy studies show importance of gradual change in plasma concentration

Press here to create you signature.

These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I have learned, not medical advice.

Drug history

2002-2019 Citalopram/Escitalopram, Lamictal
2019 April Escitalopram, quit at 10mg (withdrawal), Oct Escitalopram 10mg reinstated, quit after a few days (adverse reaction)

2019 Oct Lamictal cut from 200mg to 100mg
2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

2020 Aug-Nov Lamictal tapered to 50 mg

2020 Nov 24 Lithium taper started, 30 Jan off Lithium

2021 15. March-31. May Lamictal tapered to 32.5 mg (holding)

2022 10. Jan started taking 25mg+5mg+2mg+0.5 liquid, 22. Jan went back to taking 25mg+5mg+half 5mg

Yes you are correct kiasofia sorry I put wrong date. I was thinking and had a read about reinstate. Thinking maybe do half of 1.65mg, around 0.8mg for a week if still feel same increase to 1ml? 

Edited by Kiasofia
Reduced font

starting around 1/1/22. 

Hi kiasofia 

I’m bad at computers but that’s my signature above not sure I put it in the right area. If you could maybe help me?

kind regards 

starting around 1/1/22. 

Hi @Kobylee
I reread your thread from the beginning and am a bit confused about your signature - I don't see ativan and diazepam appear on it but you say you switched between them. Can you please clarify? How long were you on Valium/Ativan? At what doses?  I understand that you have trouble with the signature but this is not a frivolous request, we need to understand your situation as fully as possible so we can give you  the best advice. Can you also please list ALL drugs you are taking and any supplements and vitamins and any other substances like alcohol, pot, other drugs? Have a look at Kiasofia's signature - that one is very clear and neat. 

This will help us help you. Once you do that, we can evaluate better what your body may need. 

Hope things better soon. 
OMW

• ChessieCat changed the title to Kobylee: Reduced reboxetine 18% down to 0.225mg

Hi onmyway

1. Been taking 2.5 mg for about 3 years, and recently went badly suicidal Ativan turned on me a Valium helped me a lot. So been on Valium only about 2-3 weeks 20mg but has to increase to 45mg as I suspect the mirtizapine is making badly suicidal beyond hell. Feel like dying. 
mom going to start mirtizapine again to original dose 1.65mg? 

1. Taking my normal transdermal oil b12, zinc, mag oil these all run on the arm. L- glutamine 

I’m not going to restart reboxetine 0.22mg tonight just mirtizapine 1.6g that I highly from my history causes massive depression even reducing small amounts. 

starting around 1/1/22. 

Also taking something called liposomal cat claw. Mix of ingredients for my Lyme.

Won’t let me add the picture.

bad at computers.

So around 20 days off mirtizapine 1.65mg amd reboxetine 0.22mg.

So kind for you help. 

starting around 1/1/22. 

• Administrator
On 1/18/2022 at 5:20 PM, Kobylee said:

So while I was in hospital i changed from Ativan to Valium as Ativan started making me suicidal. 

What were the symptoms you were getting from Ativan?

It seems very likely that some of your symptoms, if not all of them, are adverse effects from the benzo: Interdose withdrawal symptoms. rebound anxiety when the drug wears off, or paradoxical reactions from taking TOO MUCH benzo (probably your current situation).

Please keep daily notes of times o’clock you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. We need to know how you feel before and after taking each drug, and your symptoms in between. Post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time o’clock on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right. This can show if your symptoms are adverse effects from one of your drugs.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Altostrara

The symptoms I was getting from Ativan was just agony depression and wanting to die cause to painful. 

I’m very sorry late reply just in ER emergency. 
keep it simple as possible basically since they change me from Ativan to Valium 5 days later started settling somewhat in fact saved my life going to Valium. 
Then after 2 weeks plus mark hell broke out massive depression none stop crying agony. I stopped mirt 1.65mg and reboxetine 0.22mg around 1/1/22.

When I reduce reboxetine over the years normally only get anxiety, no anxiety right now. I assume cause Valium covering that part. 

Valium started hardly working when these hell withdrawals hit me I had to increase from only 20mg Valium higher and wasn’t giving much relief.
Since starting mirtizapine again I was able to drop back down from around 60mg Valium to about 40-45mg Valium. 
I have reinstated mirt now back on 1.65mg original dose and hoping to settle. 

I still get some relief and still saves me taking Valium I will stress that I would feel way worst without the Valium. On the 22/1/22 i felt bearable and getting by from 3 dose of Valium i thought was all coming good from started mirt again. 

This was a typical day of taking Valium right now and I only got some nice relief by 4th dose yesterday. 

Since starting mirtizapine I have already drop to lower dose of Valium as per below. Not sure exact day i started mirt again but roughly been 4 nights back on 1.65mg. 

My gut feeling was saying this was mainly mirtizapine withdrawals?? I’m praying mirt was the main issue? being on the same dose 1.65mg for around 4 years. 

If this doesn’t settle I have no idea what I do from here it’s complete hell? and what to tell the the Drs as I advocate for myself? 

Im assuming if it’s the mirt it might take a good week to settle down? 

24/1/22 typical day of Valium and drugs. 

711 10mg  Valium 

1222 15mg  valium 

4pm 10mg Valium 

850 10mg Valium 

12am mirtizapine 1.65mg 

starting around 1/1/22. 

• Administrator
On 1/20/2022 at 9:50 AM, Altostrata said:

It seems very likely that some of your symptoms, if not all of them, are adverse effects from the benzo: Interdose withdrawal symptoms. rebound anxiety when the drug wears off, or paradoxical reactions from taking TOO MUCH benzo (probably your current situation).

Please keep daily notes of times o’clock you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. We need to know how you feel before and after taking each drug, and your symptoms in between. Post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time o’clock on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right. This can show if your symptoms are adverse effects from one of your drugs.

Please read the above carefully. If you would like advice, please supply the daily notes as requested.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.