SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Jbean: Oblivion

Jbean

Good Afternoon everyone, 

I have through the ringer this past year and a half. I was put on klonopin 1mg per day to help with nightmares from PTSD. I started getting what I now know as interdose withdrawals, but my doctor thought it was an adverse reaction so I stopped it abruptly per doctors orders. Then I was in withdrawals which I not the doctor knew. I was given Prozac 10mg. Within 4 days I couldn’t breathe my resting heart rate was 189. I was rushed to the ER for serotonin syndrome and given Ativan 2mg. Which I took for 3 months as well. Went into interdose withdrawals again. (Again doctor nor I knew). I was given gabapentin and baclofen to rapid taper off of Ativan due to suspected adverse reaction to Ativan. Immediately after the Ativan taper I was (now I know as rapid tapered) off gabapentin and baclofen. 

I had to be put on Metoprolol due to mild heart failure from these rapid tapers. I am still severely struggling at a year off. I also found out I have a genetic disorder as well and the Gabapentin was probably helping that. It’s been a year since I’ve taken it and rapid tapered and I’m scared to restart it, as I don’t know if these withdrawals are from the Ativan taper, the klonopin taper, the gabapentin taper, or baclofen taper.  Maybe all of them combined. I’m hoping some here may be able to give me a bit of insight. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Jbean: Oblivion
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Jbean

I am sorry you have gone through this. What drugs are you taking now, at what dosages and times o'clock? What are the symptoms of your heart problem?

What is the condition that is aided by gabapentin?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Currently I take metoprolol tartrate 12.5mg at 6 AM. Claritin 10mg at 7am. 12.5mg metoprolol tartrate at 6pm and Zyrtec 10mg at 7pm. 

I have hyper mobile Ehlers Danlos, Dysautomnia and Mcas. These were existing conditions before the withdrawals but the withdrawals have definitely exacerbated them to a very extreme extent. 

the symptoms of my heart condition that lead to the metoprolol was mild heart failure, which would be an EF(ejection fracture) of less than 50%. Mine was 40%, not caused by the Dysautomnia, I had a mild case previously(before the withdrawals).

• Administrator

Is there some reason you have not considered taking a very low dose of gabapentin again, as a test? How much were you taking?

Please put ALL your drugs in this Interactions Checker and post the report or a link to it in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I was rapid tapered from 900mg(300mg 3x daily). I was instructed to drop 300mg every 4 days until off. I haven’t tried to reinstate even a bit yet, because I’ve heard nothing but horror stories on it. Gabapentin is a very effective pain management medication for Ehlers Danlos, which I was unaware of at the time I was taking it. 

I was hoping to discuss the reinstatement here with people who have successfully done it. I don’t want to end up being another horror story. I know everyone reacts differently but I’m trying to gather as much information as I can about personal reinstatement’s and discuss with my doctor how we can effectively attempt it with me to be successful. 

• Administrator

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

You might want to try a test dose of gabapentin, such as 10mg, to see how you react to it. You might be hypersensitive and react badly to higher doses. This topic explains how to take a small amount Tips for tapering off gabapentin (Neurontin)