Silense Need advice tapering

Silense

Hello,

I’m not really sure where and how to start or what to write here. 

I started to suffer from depression after becoming addicted to opiates.  Since then I’ve been on antidepressants, etc for close to 10 years and the side effects always outweighs the benefits or they work for a short time and then stop. 

Im currently on gabapentin 300mg, Prozac 10mg, Wellbutrin 300mg and Geodon 80mg.  

At this point in my life I am a apathy zombie!  I’m not living life but just going through the motions robotically.  I have no libido, I am cold and can’t feel joy, happiness, pleasure, etc.  I feel like I am on the outside of life looking in. That I am just watching but not participating in life. I want to be able to feel again!

I joined this site hoping I might find some advice on how to get off of some, if not all of these meds.  

any suggestions on how I should go about tapering would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you for reading. 

2013: Prozac 40mg - Worked well for 6 months, then stopped the medication and became depressed
2014: Prozac 40mg
2015: Celexa 20mg - Gave me server anxiety, stopped after 1 month, went back to Prozac 40mg
2016: Prozac 60mg, Depakote 1000mg, Seroquel 7.5mgs, Zyprexa 5mg, Remron ??mgs, Clonidine .5mg
2017: Lamtical 400mg, Gabapentin 2400mg, Prozac 80mg
2019: Lamtical 400mg, Gabapentin 2400mg, Prozac 80mg, Wellbutrin 450mg
2020: Lamtical 400mg, Gabapentin 2400mg, Prozac 80mg, Wellbutrin 450mg, tried Rexutli 3mg , 2 months later tried Geodon 40mg, Trintellix 20mg, a month later Vraylar 3mgs, Strattera 80mgs, then tried Latuda for a week, then tried Lithium 450mg for one month
2021: Gabapentin 300mg, Prozac 10mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, Geodon 80mg (started May at 40mg, went up to 120mg, Been tapering down went from 100mg to 90mg Sept 15th, around 6pm I get cold chills, shakey, feel generally weird, scared for no reason which will last a few hours then subside)

• Altostrata changed the title to Silense Need advice tapering
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Silense

That is indeed a weird drug cocktail. What times o'clock do you take each of your drugs, with their dosages? When did you start each drug? When did you last make a drug change?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi,

Thank you so much for contacting me. 

*Prozac been on for 10 years, lowered from 20mg to 10mg in the morning about 4 weeks ago. 

*Geodon been on for 3 months, been lowering from 120mg now taking 40mg in the morning and 40mg at night.

*Welbutrin been on for 3 years taking 300mg each morning 

•Gabapentin been on for 6 years have been progressively lowering from 2400mg. Currently taking 300mg in the morning. 

Please let me know if I need to provide more information. This is all very overwhelming for me. I have a lot of trouble remembering when I changed and adjusted meds. It’s all a big blur. 

can’t thank you enough for responding to me. I greatly appreciate it 

2013: Prozac 40mg - Worked well for 6 months, then stopped the medication and became depressed
2015: Celexa 20mg - Gave me server anxiety, stopped after 1 month, went back to Prozac 40mg
2016: Prozac 60mg, Depakote 1000mg, Seroquel 7.5mgs, Zyprexa 5mg, Remron ??mgs, Clonidine .5mg
2020: Lamtical 400mg, Gabapentin 2400mg, Prozac 80mg, Wellbutrin 450mg, tried Rexutli 3mg , 2 months later tried Geodon 40mg, Trintellix 20mg, a month later Vraylar 3mgs, Strattera 80mgs, then tried Latuda for a week, then tried Lithium 450mg for one month
2021: Gabapentin 300mg, Prozac 10mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, Geodon 80mg (started May at 40mg, went up to 120mg, Been tapering down went from 100mg to 90mg Sept 15th, around 6pm I get cold chills, shakey, feel generally weird, scared for no reason which will last a few hours then subside)

• Administrator

When was the last time you changed a drug, which drug or drugs was it, and how did you feel after that?

We need to see your symptom baseline. Please stop changing your drug dosages for now. 

Please keep daily notes of times o’clock you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. We need to know how you feel before and after taking each drug, and your symptoms in between. Post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right. This can show if your symptoms are adverse effects from one of your drugs.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

The last medication changed was Geodon. I went down from 90mg to 80mg which I started last week. I would take 40mg in the morning and 40mg at night. By 6pm, I would feel very weird, scared, shakey, sweaty and a little nauseous. This will last for a few hours.

6am - Geodon 40mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, Gabapentin 300mg, Prozac 40mg - Feel fine in the morning

6pm - Feel very weird, scared, shakey, sweaty and a little nauseous

8pm - Geodon 40mg 

10-11pm - Withdrawal symptoms subsided

I hope the above is what you are looking for. I'm struggling with providing the correct information for you. Please let me know if you need more info.

Thank you so much for responding and offering help. It means the world to me.