Parisien: premature ejaculation escitalopram 10mg and Brintellix 5mg - sexual dysfunction

Parisien

Hello, I am French sorry in advance for my English I am with Google translation.  I'm happy to have found a forum that finally recognizes how much harm antidepressants can cause in our lives.  Here is my story: I took 10mg seroplex for depression 2 years ago.  I then switched to Brintellix 5mg for 6 months.  While taking the seroplex fat fatigue for 3 weeks then I was better, except that my ejaculation was very delayed or sometimes impossible.  I stopped antidepressants for 1 month recently.  Result of abrupt weaning premature ejaculation, ejaculation without orgasm or very little.  Insomnia, sensitivity to noise and light.  My libido is it Do you think premature ejaculation will resolve over time and I will get better?  I hope to recover the same for the orgasm during ejaculation that it is more pronounced as before.  Before you take this **** everything is fine.  I resolved my depression but this disorder when I stopped going back into it.  I have another question. Do you think stopping the treatment suddenly changes anything compared to a gradual withdrawal?  Apart from the symptoms that can last, does it change anything for the brain and sexuality to better recover?  Thank you to everyone who can testify and help me.  And courage to everyone, it is good to support this and to move forward.  I exercise a lot and feed it well.  I feel very tired I have some vertigo too and the insomnia is horrible I sleep during the day and stay up all night luckily I am not working at the moment.  I'm 29 years old

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

Last intake of brintellix 5mg: Saturday, September 11, 2021

• Altostrata changed the title to Parisien Premature ejaculation seroplex 10mg and brintellix 5mg. Sexual dysfunction
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Parisien

Sexual dysfunction is a very common adverse effect of antidepressants. Did your doctor tell you about this?

Going off drugs abruptly can cause bad symptoms. Your last drug was Brintellix? Did you feel well on it? When did you last take it? How did you feel after you quit?

On 9/16/2021 at 3:47 PM, Parisien said:

Do you think stopping the treatment suddenly changes anything compared to a gradual withdrawal?

Yes, we believe withdrawal symptoms are worse and last longer if you go off abruptly. That is why we put so much effort into teaching people how to taper off.

Insomnia is a very common withdrawal symptom. Sometimes sexual dysfunction continues after going off antidepressants. We have seen people very slowly recover from this, over months.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello @Altostrata, thank you for your answer.  I changed my signature through my computer hope it worked.  No when I told my doctor that I had a severe delay in ejaculation under 10mg seroplex he told me it was reversible when the treatment was stopped.  It is true these parts but what he had not told me is that I would have a premature ejaculation whereas before any treatment and even in depression I did not have this problem.  They deny the problem so I stop seeing it.  Yes my last medication was brintellix, I felt good with it.  Less anxiety from social phobia stress even though I felt like disconnecting and on cloud nine.  Basically I took this treatment after a breakup a few years ago which made me lose confidence in myself I had an obsessive type of anxiety or I was afraid of the eyes of people, I take the lead to  nothing.  Now that I'm better I have this falling on me during withdrawal when I thought I was done with depression.  I had tried to stop it for a month and a half pretty much ready but I was really despairing of my premature ejaculation so I took it again but now I am motivated to try to heal without it.  Even if some days it is very hard especially not to be able to sleep or wake up and then not be able to go back to bed.  It's been 7 days now that I have stopped it completely and it's horrible.  I wish I could feel better that I could tell myself that I can emotionally, mentally and sexually be the way I was before.  I am 29 years old and I am desperate to write here makes me feel good.  Do you think I should take brintellix again to stop it gradually?  Or can I get away with it by having to stop it suddenly?  If it's harder and the symptoms last longer I'm ready to take it upon myself because I never want to touch up a pill again.  Yes I saw and read on the forum that some people got over it with time and patience.  Others don't .. which scares me enough but gives me hope to fight at the same time.  Thank you for your answer if people want to discuss with me on withdrawal, premature ejaculation etc. I would be happy or testimonials of the advice of people who have known this in the past or in the present.  If I can help anyone as well.  Courage to all

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

• Administrator

These are typical withdrawal symptoms.

Severe insomnia, passing headaches, sensitivity to noise and lights.

You are only a week off Brintellix. Most likely, if you reinstated 0.5mg to start, this would reduce the withdrawal symptoms. You might be able to sleep. You'd stabilize on this and taper off by tiny amounts later. Read Tips for tapering off vortioxetine (Trintellix, previously called Brintellix) This tells you how to make a small dose.

Most likely, the sexual dysfunction will gradually decrease over time. We do not have a way to fix this.

Many people find these to be helpful:

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

You might try a low dose of one at a time to see what it does for you.

Please let us know how you're doing.

Please put the dosages of the drugs in your signature, and the month and year you started and ended each drug.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

It's super nice thank you.  You're right, but I really don't want to touch a cure anymore.  I also think that the morale day its role I must face more sport to get tired to have a busy day and I will surely sleep better in the evening.  There I feel anxious but as if I was myself conscious and in my body it is already that.  No more memory loss, too, it's nice.  For my sexual problem there are people to whom it returned quickly?  The fish oil I have already tried and the magnesium also it's true that it can not hurt.  No worries for the signature I will do it again thank you. And you? How are you ?  Did you have a problem similar to mine?

• Administrator

If you're having withdrawal symptoms, be careful about overdoing exertion. Do not drink alcohol. Treat your nervous system very gently, or it could get worse.

Recovery of sexual functioning is individual. Some recover quickly, some take much longer. Try not to worry about it, that worry can take over your mind.

Yes I don't drink alcohol anyway.  Today I felt better there are days with and days without.  I hope that I will quickly recover yes not to focus on it and to think about it plays for a lot I think it is true I will try

Good morning @Altostrata, how are you doing ?  Today I was pleasantly surprised I managed to sleep until 10 am this morning.  Whereas I usually wake up super early and never get to sleep again.  It's been 9 days today that I stopped all antidepressants and I believe it may be that its cheek on my brain.  In fact, the treatment caused this to me, but there is also a part of the mind that plays a big role.  Let me explain, my problem is that I have a premature ejaculation and that during the orgasm I have an ejaculation with much less enjoyment.  Mentally I am in depression but if these sexual problems resolve over time what I hope for, I know that I would no longer be in depression.  So for me the emotional aspect etc where I saw that in many its not coming back to me since the stopping of the treatment I do not know that it is well back.  Do you think I can change the section for my topic?  Maybe to have more testimonials from people.  I think many have not seen my topic.  I have read some people say that their premature ejaculation came back after a few months that encourages me.  But for ejaculation with much less pleasure I haven't seen much talk about it.  Thank you in advance today I am also focusing on my diet I no longer drink coffee or coke at night to try to sleep even better.  Good day to you

There is also the fact that I stopped my antidepressant treatment abruptly and directly, which takes my head a bit.  I hope that stopping it suddenly won't affect my future healing.  Because I don't really know how the brain works.  Gradually stopping this accustoms the brain to recover better without being too shocked and abrupt.  But to stop suddenly at the end I would have the same recovery you think?  Sorry for all my questions.  Doctors think that I have nothing I feel misunderstood

Salut Parisien,

Je suis désolée que tu sois en train de vivre un moment difficile. Tes symptômes devraient disparaître au fil du temps. Est-ce que tu as une envie fréquente de faire pipi, à tout hasard ?

Hello, yes I hope that in time everything will work out.  Again this afternoon I have an intolerance to noise and like a bar in my head.  I also hope that by not having to stop gradually I will recover like someone who has done the weaning in a good way and not suddenly like me I have stopped.  No at this level it's okay I don't want to pee often, why is this your case?  What symptom do you have that you are reducing your treatment at the moment?

Hello, great depression today .. I am really afraid that my normal sexual function will never return I can not stand this premature ejaculation anymore I will not stand to have it all my life.  Nobody can testify?  people who have had this problem or who currently have

• 2 weeks later...

Escitalopram sudden stop and doubt

Hello everyone, I am French, I am 30 years old.  It will be 3 weeks tomorrow that I stopped taking my antidepressant (I stopped abruptly on September 11).  I had taken for more than a year and a half of the 10 mg seroplex in French and of the brintellix which I had stopped then taken again 6 months I took it again and now I have been drug-free for 3 weeks.  I am about to crack and resume this treatment, even if I have passed the headache stage which was intense the first days, even if the sensation to noise and light is no longer unbearable to me as at the beginning  from weaning I feel very anxious and in a depressed state.  I'm sleeping a little better but it's still not like I would like to sleep well.  What makes me depressed is my sexuality.  When I took the treatments my sexuality was at its maximum erection strong libido raising, I could make love for 1 hour or more without ejaculating or having difficulty.  Since the complete stop I ejaculate in 30 seconds, I noticed that my penis had shrunk a little, and I have an orgasm without too much pleasure and a really low libido compared to before the treatment where I was normal and  when I compare to during processing.  I can't take it anymore I know you have to be patient but please I need testimonials from people who have regained their sexual sensation or part of it over time.  Because just thinking of being like that for life spoils my pleasure in living quite simply.  However, I know that the right path in life is to never touch up these antidepressant drugs again and to continue like this but because of that my morale is at its lowest and I have trouble going back up the slope.  Thank you to those who will take the time to read me to help me or simply to exchange with me and good luck to all those who are the victim of this poison

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

• ChessieCat changed the title to Parisien: Premature ejaculation seroplex 10mg and brintellix 5mg. Sexual dysfunction
  • Administrator

Hello, @Parisien, how are you doing?

Hello @Altostrates, thank you for your message and how are you?  For my part, I have ups and downs I tried to resume sport but I was very tired yesterday.  My insomnia resumes and I really feel in a brain fog I have trouble concentrating.  The only positive thing is the sexuality which comes back a little but really very slightly.  The dizziness is gone and the headaches are already that.  But I'm really scared that I'll never go back to my old self made me feel bad like this is gonna last how long do you think?  Or for you it took a long time?  I would be 1 month of weaning on Monday October 11

Do you have gastrointestinal issues ?

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

5 hours ago, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

Avez-vous des problèmes gastro-intestinaux?

No at all why?  And you ?  I really hope to recover but there are days when mental fatigue is very present it's hard

4 hours ago, Parisien said:

No at all why?  And you ?  I really hope to recover but there are days when mental fatigue is very present it's hard

Sexual dysfuntion are linked to gastrointestinal issues. IF you got none then you are very very lucky person on earth,

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

• Administrator

@Parisien it can take months to recover from withdrawal syndrome. You are only at the beginning. It's a good sign you have seen a little improvement. Recovery will be very gradual, you will need to be patient.

Your body is telling you not to overdo physical exertion.

@Altostrates Yes that's what I also think for sport.  Rather than going for a run in the morning I go to do the stationary bike and weight training from home in the evening rather before sleeping because otherwise I'm having a bad day.  At least for the moment.  My improvement is really really slight but the worst is mentally the fatigue is extreme during the day you think it will go away a little in a few months?  Do you think the abrupt and non-progressive withdrawal has something to do with it?  I mean by that do you think I'm going to get my brain going anyway?  Although I did a sudden withdrawal when it is not recommended

@PsychologiqueSafe15 Ah I did not know at all that it was related to gastric intestinal problems I was not aware of its what has to do with sexual dysfunction?

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Parisien said:

@Altostrates Yes that's what I also think for sport.  Rather than going for a run in the morning I go to do the stationary bike and weight training from home in the evening rather before sleeping because otherwise I'm having a bad day.  At least for the moment.  My improvement is really really slight but the worst is mentally the fatigue is extreme during the day you think it will go away a little in a few months?  Do you think the abrupt and non-progressive withdrawal has something to do with it?  I mean by that do you think I'm going to get my brain going anyway?  Although I did a sudden withdrawal when it is not recommended

You may wish to exercise earlier in the day to avoid stimulation before sleep.

Recovery, including mental fatigue, will be very gradual.

We have seen no connection whatsoever between gastrointestinal problems and PSSD.

• 2 weeks later...

@Parisien Hey have you checked your pelvic floor muscle  ? It is said SSRI interferes with their relaxation and contraction and hence PE is the result of it . I am also soon visiting a doctor about it .

• 4 weeks later...

@Parisien how is your premature ejaculation ?? 

• 2 months later...

Hi @PsychologicalSafe15  how are you?
 My premature ejaculation has not changed, because I felt so bad stopping the antidepressant that I took several times.  There I had a shock because I realized that my penis had shrunk, it shrunk.  Not much, but I still realize it.  A beautiful **** this poison of antidepressants.  I still feel bad and I have insomnia, when I manage to force myself to sleep it's also going to have to put in some effort but it's not easy sleep does not come naturally like before.  Regarding premature ejaculation if it disappears over time I will surely get better but for now it is still present.  I stopped just after Christmas so almost 1 month off and still the same.  We keep you informed

Hello, anything new for everyone?  How are you doing ?  how has your premature ejaculation and your sexual and mental problems evolved??  Me, always the same, I ejaculate very quickly and my sex has shrunk a bit, does that do you too?  it must be said that I stopped that since the end of December I resumed several times because insomnia and excessive fatigue become too hard to bear.

@Ben190 @PsychologicalSafe15 @GéoJeep

• ChessieCat changed the title to Parisien: Premature ejaculation escitalopram 10mg and brintellix 5mg. Sexual dysfunction

Running and sport to help with weaning

Hello,

Having myself quite significant withdrawal symptoms (fatigue, insomnia, blank stare, premature ejaculation, headaches etc).  I wonder if sport and in particular running has some help in overcoming the undesirable effects of stopping treatment?
  And above all I know that antidepressants hurt the brain but it increases serotonin levels like running.
  Before I was going to run I felt good and soothed morally, did the fact of having taken this antidepressant poison cause me to no longer refocus the benefits of running?
  I'm afraid I'll never be the same again...
  At any point of view.  Thank you to the sportsmen who can help me on the subject

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

• Moderator Emeritus

You are still in the early stages of recovery from stopping Brintellix.

After a cold turkey you need to take good care of yourself and not to stress your nervous system.  If introducing anything new it is better to introduce it gradually, building up the amount and intensity.  Take notice of how you feel afterwards in the following days and if you start to feel worse then that is a sign that you have been doing too much.

Please see the following:

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

exercise-do-more-do-less-do-nothing-what-worked-for-you

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hey Parisien,

the only thing that changed is I have a bit More power, but still extreme fatigue, muscles pains, Brain fog, sometimes Vision problems, diziness, don’t feel I need to sleep and PSSD. Orgasms Are most of the time great, but libido and erectyle disfunction are still a problem. It got better yes, I also have night erections. But still waiting for finally function good again. What about you?

Best, Ben

2018 - october: 10 days Fluoxetin 20mg

2018 - october: CT after bad reactions

2019 - june: 3,5 weeks Fluoxetin 20mg

2019 - june: 5 days Fluoxetin 10mg

2019 - july: CT after massive problems

Hello @Ben190 thank you for your answer, I hope it will get better with time.  Me the same it's really difficult to have a blank stare to be tired of not coming back the need to sleep so I force myself.  I'm going to do sports again to try to have a good fatigue precisely.  Josd hope that in some premature ejaculation is back to normal otherwise it's really problematic.  I also have nocturnal erections.  Has your penis visually shrunk?  I hope that over time we will manage to get better, we have to believe in it and be positive.  How long have you been off?

Hello @ChessieCat and thank you for your answer.  I went for a run today when I got home I felt tired but after my shower I felt good.  What bothers me the most is my repeated insomnia and having the feeling of being empty in my eyes in particular.  I can stare at something for long.  Did you over time come back?  Mental level, are you back to how you were before?

Do you think, for example, my brain was damaged by the treatment?  And that now, even if I go for a run, I no longer secrete serotonin?  As before but as I am in recent weaning I ask myself a lot of questions.  I have often taken and stopped the antidepressant but now I am motivated and I hope that playing sports will do me good as before and that above all I am not doing it for nothing if my brain has serotonin turned upside down or what.  Is it possible that my brain no longer provides serotonin? @ChessieCat

I other threads there are moderators helping you out but when it comes to PSSD they hide, pretending we are not here.

i guess they also know that very few actually heals from PSSD and thats what making them uncomfortable talking about it. We are all alone in this, not even this site wants to help us.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

Hey Parisien,

no not really shrunk but it is an up and down. It was shrunk time ago. But everything has improved since stopping but yeah main problem is erectyle dysfunction. Like it’s hard to get an erection, but when it’s finally there it’s pretty nice feelings, orgasm is perfect. So I think things improve but it takes time.

Best,

Ben 

5 minutes ago, Ben190 said:

Hey Parisien,

no not really shrunk but it is an up and down. It was shrunk time ago. But everything has improved since stopping but yeah main problem is erectyle dysfunction. Like it’s hard to get an erection, but when it’s finally there it’s pretty nice feelings, orgasm is perfect. So I think things improve but it takes time.

Best,

Ben 

Hi Ben!

How long was it shrunk? I have had a shrunk penis now for 8 months, it’s just sick. It’s almost impossible for me to get erection but same as you, when its there its like 90%. Guess I am some time behind you in the process of healing.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

Hey Avicii,

nice to meet u, I think for me it was a Long time. 1,5 years maybe, real improvement Happened from 2 years off on. Do u have other symptoms?