Parisien: premature ejaculation escitalopram 10mg and Brintellix 5mg - sexual dysfunction

Parisien

4 minutes ago, Parisien said:

I'm really sorry about that.  Stay hopeful one day I'm sure it will come back.  Could it be @Ben190 then?  Who said that his sex had shrunk and then regained its size before

Yes it was Ben but it took him almost 2 years so we have to keep hoping for recovery!

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

It took him two years to get his sex back to its original size?  Or for the rest of these sexual problems?  Like what is possible then.  You have to try to set goals over time, I think, and be positive, that's how it doesn't work.

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

Last intake of brintellix 5mg: Saturday, September 11, 2021

15 hours ago, Parisien said:

Hi, when you say 5 months off, did you stop gradually or suddenly like me?  Do you see improvements in other aspects such as sleep?  This feeling of rest after having slept.  Or even level of mood the joy of living etc.

I stopped very fast. From 10mg to 5mg for 1 or 2 weeks and then I stopped completely.

It didn't affect my sleep at all. I am always tired when waking up, but that's normal I guess.

My mood is ****. Not feeling joy, sadness, anxiety... nothing.

September 2019 - December 2020: Paroxetine (20mg). Withdrawal within 2 weeks. From 20mg to 10mg for 2 weeks. Premature ejaculation after withdrawal for 1-2 months. No other problems.

Mid of June 2021 - End of August 2021: Paroxetine (10mg). Withdrawal within 2 weeks. From 10mg to ~5mg for 2 weeks. Reason for withdrawal: Sexual dysfunction. After withdrawal, even more sexual dysfunction (no libido, premature ejaculation), anhedonia -> PSSD?

7 hours ago, Parisien said:

It took him two years to get his sex back to its original size?  Or for the rest of these sexual problems?  Like what is possible then.  You have to try to set goals over time, I think, and be positive, that's how it doesn't work.

No it took me 1,5 years to get rid of shrinkage. I am still dealing with low libido and erectyle dysfunction, which means I get erections but not hard enough and not 100%, sometimes close to 90 and then next day maybe 60%. Up and down up and down. It can also be bad in the morning and good in the afternoon... can’t tell you why. 

Guys you have to keep going, it gets better. I can’t tell you if we get back to 100% but every symptome improves more and then gets worse and then better.

Best,

Ben

2018 - october: 10 days Fluoxetin 20mg

2018 - october: CT after bad reactions

2019 - june: 3,5 weeks Fluoxetin 20mg

2019 - june: 5 days Fluoxetin 10mg

2019 - july: CT after massive problems

56 minutes ago, Ben190 said:

Non, il m'a fallu 1,5 ans pour me débarrasser du rétrécissement. Je suis toujours aux prises avec une faible libido et un dysfonctionnement de l'érection, ce qui signifie que j'ai des érections mais pas assez dures et pas à 100 %, parfois près de 90, puis le lendemain peut-être à 60 %. De haut en bas de haut en bas. Ça peut aussi être mauvais le matin et bon l'après-midi... je ne peux pas vous dire pourquoi. 

Les gars, il faut continuer, ça va mieux. Je ne peux pas vous dire si nous revenons à 100 %, mais chaque symptôme s'améliore davantage, puis s'aggrave, puis s'améliore.

Meilleur,

Ben

Sorry for all my questions but when you say it took me 1.5 years to get rid of the shrinkage you mean that in the sense that your penis stopped shrinking and kept the same constant size after the shrinkage?  Or do you mean by that that it shrunk for a long time and after that it went back to how it was before the shrinkage?  At its original starting size?  Yes I hope that we will all improve over time at all levels I believe in it.  And for premature ejaculation will report its short or rather long as before taking drugs?  Me, erections are just fine, but it's the rest that worries me

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

6 hours ago, Parisien said:

Sorry for all my questions but when you say it took me 1.5 years to get rid of the shrinkage you mean that in the sense that your penis stopped shrinking and kept the same constant size after the shrinkage?  Or do you mean by that that it shrunk for a long time and after that it went back to how it was before the shrinkage?  At its original starting size?  Yes I hope that we will all improve over time at all levels I believe in it.  And for premature ejaculation will report its short or rather long as before taking drugs?  Me, erections are just fine, but it's the rest that worries me

You will recover, just believe in it^^ never give up. And yes the size is normal like the original :) as I already said you would never think that I have sexual problems from the way he looks.

Hello how are you today @Ben190 ?  I still sleep very badly and suddenly during the day I don't feel well due to stopping the antidepressant but the fact that I don't rest well doesn't help either.  On the other hand, I noticed that taking magnesium helps me feel a little better. Do you take it?  I wanted to ask you about premature ejaculation did you have it and is it fixed?

I have had a normal sleep the whole year but that doesn’t help me….

@Ben190how was your status 12 months in? Did your legs and penis hurt along with the shrinkage? Did you think you would never heal? I don’t know if I would still be alive if I didn’t have my kids. They are the only thing keeping me forward….

How can these pills destroy a human being like this? I have never been suicidal before, NEVER! Living without a sexuality is bad enough but also having pain in your genitals is just to much….

Well I survived this day to and I can survive tomorrow to!

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

@Avicii I can tell you one thing if you have normal sleep it's already a very big chance.  Frankly if in one or two years we are all better I invite you to have a drink but it's last days it's hard for me it's hell.  I don't sleep and when I wake up I feel like the morning after when I don't drink.  For sexuality what keeps me going is that his penis has shrunk and then returned to a normal size and these orgasms too.  After me what bothers me the most is premature ejaculation.  And the brain fog being a little disconnected looking away feeling somewhere else.  The weather is day for us in any case I hope.  I send you all the strength we don't deserve this.  We will get there

1 hour ago, Avicii said:

I have had a normal sleep the whole year but that doesn’t help me….

@Ben190how was your status 12 months in? Did your legs and penis hurt along with the shrinkage? Did you think you would never heal? I don’t know if I would still be alive if I didn’t have my kids. They are the only thing keeping me forward….

How can these pills destroy a human being like this? I have never been suicidal before, NEVER! Living without a sexuality is bad enough but also having pain in your genitals is just to much….

Well I survived this day to and I can survive tomorrow to!

Everything hurt 1 year off... I could not go to the gym, I could not work, I could not do anything productive. I had no good orgasm, no erections at night... nothing. My brain was damaged like after a very Bad car crash. And yes penis and legs hurt at that times a lot. Every day... I was thinking I wouldn’t manage that to keep going. But I did. And you should too! You have to think from day to day. I still have Pssd as I have no libido most of the time and erectyle dysfunction which means erections don’t get to 100%. And if at some days erections are good, feeling down there is less.

but... I have night erections again, I have nice orgasms back and I hope that the rest will come back too. 

I know how you feel right now... keep going!

1 hour ago, Parisien said:

@Avicii I can tell you one thing if you have normal sleep it's already a very big chance.  Frankly if in one or two years we are all better I invite you to have a drink but it's last days it's hard for me it's hell.  I don't sleep and when I wake up I feel like the morning after when I don't drink.  For sexuality what keeps me going is that his penis has shrunk and then returned to a normal size and these orgasms too.  After me what bothers me the most is premature ejaculation.  And the brain fog being a little disconnected looking away feeling somewhere else.  The weather is day for us in any case I hope.  I send you all the strength we don't deserve this.  We will get there

Yep my penis was small and crazy thin. It really looked super strange and hurt badly. As you Said we will get there! Life is tough, when I had quite bad days I always thought well there are also some people in this world who have even more bad things happening to them. And they kept going, so I should be strong enough to keep going too.

17 hours ago, Ben190 said:

Everything hurt 1 year off... I could not go to the gym, I could not work, I could not do anything productive. I had no good orgasm, no erections at night... nothing. My brain was damaged like after a very Bad car crash. And yes penis and legs hurt at that times a lot. Every day... I was thinking I wouldn’t manage that to keep going. But I did. And you should too! You have to think from day to day. I still have Pssd as I have no libido most of the time and erectyle dysfunction which means erections don’t get to 100%. And if at some days erections are good, feeling down there is less.

but... I have night erections again, I have nice orgasms back and I hope that the rest will come back too. 

I know how you feel right now... keep going!

Thanks for answering all our questions @Ben190 It’s so great to hear that you are healed from pretty much the same symptoms that I am struggling with. If you could heal, I can too! I can live with some ED, I just have to get rid of the pain and the shrinkage.

I survived this day too!

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

19 hours ago, Parisien said:

I won’t say no to a beer in Paris 🇫🇷 🤩 

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

Hi guys, today I felt good physically I was all day in Paris walking around.  It's morally on the other hand I feel a little numb and as if I were anesthetized.  @Ben190 how long did you take your treatment?  Your message brings hope after me it is possible that I will take longer because I have the antidepressant for almost two years.  But if the sex can return to its normal size and the orgasm also I come across.  Do you have premature ejaculation?  I also wanted to know if mentally you felt connected to reality, is your gaze present or do you feel elsewhere? @AviciiFor a beer in Paris with pleasure in any case continued to give news of you each passing day without this drug brings us closer to healing.  I have days of doubt where I tell myself it's hard, it'll never come back but I want to believe in it, otherwise what's the point?

14 hours ago, Avicii said:

Thanks for answering all our questions @Ben190 It’s so great to hear that you are healed from pretty much the same symptoms that I am struggling with. If you could heal, I can too! I can live with some ED, I just have to get rid of the pain and the shrinkage.

I survived this day too!

Things get better step by step :) you just have to keep going. I think that a little bit of sports and to learn new things could be good for the brain, but not too much. Your welcome :)

5 hours ago, Parisien said:

Hi guys, today I felt good physically I was all day in Paris walking around.  It's morally on the other hand I feel a little numb and as if I were anesthetized.  @Ben190 how long did you take your treatment?  Your message brings hope after me it is possible that I will take longer because I have the antidepressant for almost two years.  But if the sex can return to its normal size and the orgasm also I come across.  Do you have premature ejaculation?  I also wanted to know if mentally you felt connected to reality, is your gaze present or do you feel elsewhere? @AviciiFor a beer in Paris with pleasure in any case continued to give news of you each passing day without this drug brings us closer to healing.  I have days of doubt where I tell myself it's hard, it'll never come back but I want to believe in it, otherwise what's the point?

I had exactly the same symptoms as you mentioned here. Premature ejaculation not really I think only in the beginning of pssd. 

you will heal step by step; no one knows if 100% but definetely you will get better. I know the point when you wonder hmm why should I heal too. But you will! I hope that I one day also completely heal from pssd.

a nice walk is always good :) 

On 17/02/2022 at 07:55, Ben190 said:

J'ai eu exactement les mêmes symptômes que vous avez mentionnés ici. L'éjaculation précoce pas vraiment je pense qu'au début du psd. 

vous guérirez pas à pas; personne ne sait si 100% mais vous irez certainement mieux. Je connais le moment où vous vous demandez hmm pourquoi devrais-je guérir aussi. Mais tu vas! J'espère qu'un jour je guérirai aussi complètement du psd.

une belle promenade fait toujours du bien

Yes it's true to take the air does a lot of good :)@Ben190 ah yes you have not had premature ejaculation at all?  Because me while taking seroplex I ejaculate with difficulty or has delay.  And since the stop it's very early I wonder it's going to recover when it's what scares me the most it's already been a month and a half and no evolution at this level there.  I have another weird symptom I don't know if you've had it?  In the morning when I wake up I'm at home it's fine but when I go out, whether it's windy or not, my eyes are crying and I look really tired as if I hadn't slept enough  and even when I get enough sleep.  Do you mentally feel like before?  For the premature jaculation if someone is restored it would reassure me to have some testimonies.  @Avicii how are you doing at this level?

Yes it's true to take the air does a lot of good :)@Ben190 ah yes you have not had premature ejaculation at all?  Because me while taking seroplex I ejaculate with difficulty or has delay.  And since the stop it's very early I wonder it's going to recover when it's what scares me the most it's already been a month and a half and no evolution at this level there.  I have another weird symptom I don't know if you've had it?  In the morning when I wake up I'm at home it's fine but when I go out, whether it's windy or not, my eyes are crying and I look really tired as if I hadn't slept enough  and even when I get enough sleep.  Do you mentally feel like before?  For the premature jaculation if someone is restored it would reassure me to have some testimonies.  @Avicii how are you doing at this level?

Yes I have everything, including premature ejaculation….

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

Damn.. i heard from people who recovered from premature ejaculation afterwards is that true i haven't been checked but i think lol it's true its scaring me i wonder when  it will come back.  How long have you had it and how long ago did you stop your treatment?

5 minutes ago, Parisien said:

Damn.. i heard from people who recovered from premature ejaculation afterwards is that true i haven't been checked but i think lol it's true its scaring me i wonder when  it will come back.  How long have you had it and how long ago did you stop your treatment?

I have had it now for 11 months but it has changed over time just as all of my symptoms. I think it will resolve when/if my CNS heals. Sex is out of the question for me right now…

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

How did your symptoms evolve?

5 hours ago, Parisien said:

How did your symptoms evolve?

It pretty much evolved one day when I was at the mall. I got this electric feeling in my body and from that day my penis was numb and my brain got fried. It’s obvious that my CNS totally collapsed…

I have to add that my CNS whas fragile before a started taking the pills and I also felt that my CNS was affected by the pills but not anywhere near how i feel now. I hope my CNS just needs time to heal without any medicine.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

Hello everyone, how are you?  @Ben190 I'm worried today because I have pain in my sex it throws me and I really notice my penis shrinking and retracting.  Does it do it to you?  I will be able to move forward if my premature ejaculation and my penis return to a normal size afterwards but I have no certainty.. how are you?  And mentally?  for the mental side, I'm still going better end to a certain extent already by moving, doing things, seeing people, if I play sports, I feel better.  @Avicii SNC what is it?  I also hope it's only a matter of time for it to heal.  I have an appointment at the beginning of March for exams to see if everything is fine I will keep you informed if any advice is given to me to get better

Hello everyone, how are you?  @Ben190 I'm worried today because I have pain in my sex it throws me and I really notice my penis shrinking and retracting.  Does it do it to you?  I will be able to move forward if my premature ejaculation and my penis return to a normal size afterwards but I have no certainty.. how are you?  And mentally?  for the mental side, I'm still going better end to a certain extent already by moving, doing things, seeing people, if I play sports, I feel better.  @Avicii SNC what is it?  I also hope it's only a matter of time for it to heal.  I have an appointment at the beginning of March for exams to see if everything is fine I will keep you informed if any advice is given to me to get better

CNS is central nervous system. I have had pain in my genitals for 10 months but this is now starting to clear up, it’s a wonderful feeling. My penis is still shrunk but it has come alive a bit more the last couple of weeks. I am improving every week now and maybe I can heal 100% one day. 

you are still very early in this so you need to have patience! 

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

5 hours ago, Avicii said:

Le SNC est le système nerveux central. J'ai eu des douleurs dans mes organes génitaux pendant 10 mois mais cela commence maintenant à disparaître, c'est une sensation merveilleuse. Mon pénis est toujours rétréci mais il a pris vie un peu plus ces dernières semaines. Je m'améliore chaque semaine maintenant et peut-être que je pourrai guérir à 100% un jour. 

vous êtes encore très tôt dans ce domaine, vous devez donc faire preuve de patience! 

So much the better I'm happy if you no longer have pain it's already a good thing :) I think that to heal we will all take a different time depending on how we react to the treatment taken and the duration of taking which has been more  or shorter for some.  Do you think your penis will return to its original size as you say?

6 hours ago, Parisien said:

So much the better I'm happy if you no longer have pain it's already a good thing :) I think that to heal we will all take a different time depending on how we react to the treatment taken and the duration of taking which has been more  or shorter for some.  Do you think your penis will return to its original size as you say?

I really don’t know…all I know is that my penis has grown a little bit along with the healing of my CNS. I think that everything can be normal again if I just regain full balance in my CNS. 

My cognitive issues have really cleared up good the last 2 months. Just two months ago I felt really bad but things are changing. Remember that two months in I was a complete mess, you will improve! If we end up 100% is hard to say though, we can only hope.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

Yes I do not doubt the improvement even if its little.  Once we stop taking antidepressants, our brain must learn to live without and manage the moments of stress and anxiety that are part of life but which under treatment were almost no longer present, at least for me.  .  I was even-tempered, no emotions, I couldn't even cry or come back from things.  It's different, it's already a good thing even if I suffer from chronic fatigue.  Do you feel tired during the day when going out or at work?  Me when I'm at home it's fine but once outside if I do activity I find myself getting tired quite quickly.  Regarding the size of the sex I hope it will come back but for premature ejaculation I find it weird.  I read a person here in France who took an antidepressant for 3 years and said that his ejaculation was premature with intercourse for 2 months until it stabilized.  Having no connection I tell myself that his cheek may be.  Under antidepressants, sexual intercourse can last 1 hour without its coming or with great difficulty.  Brain chemistry is back to normal and it's coming very quickly.  We got used to not controlling that ejaculation now we still have that habit.  I think it will be necessary to accelerate healing to work on cardio, to play sports and during the report to work on the breath.  After that it's only a guess but I don't see why it would be for life.  I stopped me for 2 months right after resuming in the past but I stopped everything.  It takes time I think and above all believe in it I have a rather negative nature in the face of the problem it does not help me and for 2 months I have often been in my bed or at home

5 hours ago, Avicii said:

Je ne sais vraiment pas… tout ce que je sais, c'est que mon pénis a un peu grossi avec la guérison de mon SNC. Je pense que tout peut redevenir normal si je retrouve juste l'équilibre complet de mon SNC. 

Mes problèmes cognitifs se sont vraiment bien éclaircis ces 2 derniers mois. Il y a à peine deux mois, je me sentais vraiment mal, mais les choses changent. Rappelez-vous que deux mois en j'étais un gâchis complet, vous allez vous améliorer! Si nous finissons à 100%, c'est difficile à dire, nous ne pouvons qu'espérer.

@Avicii do you have morning erections?  If yes since when.  Finally if you want to talk about it of course otherwise I would understand.  Because I don't have extreme intensity, but I have a little in the morning.  Because you said blood vessels are permanently affected if you never get detection.  I'll give you a debrief when I leave the doctor's in early March and then see specialists.  Even though I no longer trust medicine.  That a urologist gives you hope and that Ben190 says that sex has regained its size before is a good sign.  Afterwards I agree with you I can live with 2cm less since in erection I don't see any glaring difference with before.  Premature ejaculation is more of a problem for me.  And especially this premature ejaculation plays on my mental which is already bad and in period of cure without any drug.  Did you talk to @Ben190 about the premature ejaculation he had? And how long has he been on medication?  Take care of yourselves guys we will get there and I will buy you this drink I promise even if it takes years courage

Yes I can feel very tired for no reason at all, almost exhausted….but this is also improving.

I don’t have any morning erections but I do have night erections since two months but they are not as strong as they used to be.

In the day I can force myself to get an erection and it’s almost as hard and strong as it used to be. This has improved alot the last months, today my penis was hard as a rock. I don’t think there is something wrong with the blood vessels, it’s all about the brain.

I also have severe premature ejaculations and this has not improved at all…I can surely not have sex at the moment. I could probably be hard enough but I would get an orgasm after a couple of seconds. Before all this I could have sex for hours. I hope this will heal together with everything else.

My shrinkage is mostly visible when not erected, at least 3-4cm shorter. When erected I have pretty much the same size, maybe 1cm shorter but who cares. It’s not about lenght, it’s about having a healthy penis and a sexual system that is running like a clock. We will get there!

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

I can also add that because of this trauma to my genitals I have developed Mondors disease and Spermatocele. None of these are serious conditions but still something I have to live with because of the sh*tty doctors!

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

@Avicii do you have morning erections?  If yes since when.  Finally if you want to talk about it of course otherwise I would understand.  Because I don't have extreme intensity, but I have a little in the morning.  Because you said blood vessels are permanently affected if you never get detection.  I'll give you a debrief when I leave the doctor's in early March and then see specialists.  Even though I no longer trust medicine.  That a urologist gives you hope and that Ben190 says that sex has regained its size before is a good sign.  Afterwards I agree with you I can live with 2cm less since in erection I don't see any glaring difference with before.  Premature ejaculation is more of a problem for me.  And especially this premature ejaculation plays on my mental which is already bad and in period of cure without any drug.  Did you talk to @Ben190 about the premature ejaculation he had? And how long has he been on medication?  Take care of yourselves guys we will get there and I will buy you this drink I promise even if it takes years courage

I had that too for a short time. I have been on meds in total for only 6 weeks, 1 time 2 week, 1 time 4. it destroyed my system, but it heals slowly.

hope you are doing good today! 

@Avicii we can set an objective appointment if you want, we do what's best for us as best we can for several years and if it doesn't work out, we'll let you know.  But we must not give up, we must set goals.  Personally now when I have a less good shot I will run and pass it.  Thank you @Ben190 thank you very much you are really a good person I wish you to heal completely and if one day my sex returns to its normal size and my premature ejaculation healed I would be grateful to you for supporting me as you do

Guys never give up! Things will change for the better... Keep going and even if for months nothing happens, it will change. Sometimes you don’t notice the change, but at one point you will! 

:) @Parisien no problem, I know how you feel and I was sooooo happy when others were there for me when I was struggling at its best.

2 minutes ago, Ben190 said:

Guys never give up! Things will change for the better... Keep going and even if for months nothing happens, it will change. Sometimes you don’t notice the change, but at one point you will! 

:) @Parisien no problem, I know how you feel and I was sooooo happy when others were there for me when I was struggling at its best.

I am just so happy that the pain is gone, this is my first big step towards recovery. Everything else will follow but I do understand that it will take time. I am a swedish viking and a won’t give up!

Glad I have you guys!

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

Hi how are you today @Ben190and @Avicii ?
 I read that against premature ejaculation ginger was effective, so if it helps in our case I don't know .. but it costs nothing to try.  Its increases the blood circulation in the body coupled with the sport its little help I will try over 3 weeks and I will let you know.  Garlic and asparagus also seem to help 

10 hours ago, Parisien said:

Hi how are you today @Ben190and @Avicii ?
 I read that against premature ejaculation ginger was effective, so if it helps in our case I don't know .. but it costs nothing to try.  Its increases the blood circulation in the body coupled with the sport its little help I will try over 3 weeks and I will let you know.  Garlic and asparagus also seem to help 

Hi @Parisien

I am ok, yesterday I was doing some alpine skiing with my kids and I actually enjoyed it.  I got a bit tired but I could go on the whole day! I have also had night erections several nights in a row and that’s good. Unfortunately when I wake up all life is gone in my genitals…

I would say that my brain feels 80% healed but my body only 50% healed. I really think it is all about time and taking care of yourself. When it comes to supplements like ginger etc I don’t think that’s gonna heal my CNS….probably the opposite. I don’t believe there’s a magic cure…it’s all about time and givning your soul, brain and body the comfort it needs. 

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg