Janzio: PSSD from a single dose and recovery?

Janzio

Has anyone here gotten PSSD and/or other lingering side effects from a single dose or a few doses of an antidepressant and recovered or shown some improvements? 

I took to much tramadol 3 and a half months ago and have had symptoms ever since. Sexual dysfunction, anxiety, depression and maintenance insomnia especially. Years ago I had taken a few doses of Zoloft and trazodone a few times for sleep 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Janzio: PSSD from a single dose and recovery?
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Janzio

We have a small number of members who had significant adverse reactions within a few doses of an antidepressant. After they stop it, they have symptoms very much like protracted withdrawal syndrome. Their Introductions topics are tagged with "immediate adr".

Did you ever have an adverse reaction to a psychotropic drug before? Since you stopped tramadol, how have your symptoms changed?

What do you mean by "too much tramadol"?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

See 

Adverse reactions to an antidepressant within a few doses -- how long for recovery?

Protracted withdrawal or Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) -- How long does it last?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I took about 700 mg of tramadol over the course of the day on may 30, about 300 maybe the next day and 100 the next day. I did not know tramadol was an SNRI also and not just an opioid. Now I have symptoms of PSSD and I am scared out of my mind. I had a bad reaction to an alcohol withdrawal that caused my brain chemistry to be off for a good 6 months before.

• Administrator

I'm sorry you are dealing with this, @Janzio 

This site provides support for people who want to go off psychiatric drugs or who have withdrawal syndrome because they took a psychiatric drug regularly, almost always as directed by a prescriber. We don't have any experience with drug abuse, recreational drugs, intentional overdose, or rehabilitation.

Overdose of just about any psychiatric drug is going to have long-term consequences.

What we've seen here is that people tend to very slowly recover over months from adverse drug effects. A history of going on and off psychotropics and withdrawal syndrome seems to make people vulnerable to future adverse drug effects and withdrawal syndrome. I don't think I can tell you any more than that.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.