SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Sm412: Paxil and Depakote progress

Sm412

Hi all,

Currently tapering off Paxil and Depakote. I'd been taking an SSRI for 13 years prior to my taper, and had to start tapering due to hellish rapid cycling progressively caused by them. My withdrawal history: I attempted cold turkey in 2012 and a fast taper in 2020. Both were absolutely devastating. Most notable was a massive rebound of the condition i was using SSRIs to treat (OCD, panic). Symptoms were off the charts. Over the last 8 months i tapered from 20mg to 11mg without too much trouble. Withdrawal symptoms have been mild. Im going slower as i go lower, and as of now im at .5mg per month. I havent been doing the 10% thing per se, i've just been going by feel.

Depakote was prescribed to replace lithium, as my doc was worried about kidney damage. The depakote caused me to become incredibly stupid, so much so that i could barely hold a conversation. So i requested to taper off. I went from 1500mg to 1000mg to 500mg with no trouble. 500mg to 250mg was problematic, to say the least. I immediately got hypomanic, then i got sick with fever/chills and diarrhea, and now i experience strange thoughts, anxiety, and vertigo. I cant help but think the anxiety is due to my natural condition or my Paxil taper. However, anxiety-wise it was smooth sailing until my recent depakote taper 13 days ago. So im holding everything until it levels out.

Anyway, that's me. It's a pleasure to be a part of this community. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. God bless.

Drug History:

Crack rocks, 10 per day, smoked

Oxycontin, 160mg per day, suppository in the butt

PCP, ???

Currently tapering all three

Hi all,

I am 31 years old. I've been on a host of meds over the years, currently tapering off SSRIs (Lexapro from 2008 to 2015, Paxil from 2015 to present). I attempted cold turkey off the Lexapro in 2012 with disastrous results. Among the various other symptoms, i experienced a massive rebound of OCD/Panic which was tenfold worse than before i started the medication. I thought this was how i naturally was and that Lexapro was my only refuge, so back on it i went indefinitely. 

Now im attempting to taper SSRIs again due to hellish rapid cycling they progressively caused had reached a point where it was intolerable. My psychiatrist tapered me off Paxil very quickly (20 to 10 to 5) and results were horrid; among other symptoms, severe rebound anxiety and constant panic. Defeated, i combed the internet for clues as to my condition and happened upon this site. I suggested a slow taper using Paxil liquid and have successfully made it down to 11mg with minor difficulty.

Now im also trying to taper Depakote after 9 months on it. 1500 to 1000 to 500 was fairly easy. 500 to 250 really messed me up. I became hypomanic, then physically ill, then very, very anxious. It's been 13 days and the latter has persisted. I am not sure if it's d/c symptoms or my natural anxiety.

Anyway, any wisdom or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless.

Edited by Altostrata
deleted unnecessary note

Drug History:

PCP, ???

• Altostrata changed the title to Sm412 Hi everyone. Tapering Paxil and Depakote.
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Sm412

Good to hear you've managed to taper Paxil to 11mg. When was the last time you made a change in Paxil dosage?

5 hours ago, Sm412 said:

500 to 250 really messed me up. I became hypomanic, then physically ill, then very, very anxious. It's been 13 days and the latter has persisted. I am not sure if it's d/c symptoms or my natural anxiety.

How are you measuring Depakote? Are you able to updose a little, to 300mg? This might help.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Welcome, @Sm412

Good to hear you've managed to taper Paxil to 11mg. When was the last time you made a change in Paxil dosage?

How are you measuring Depakote? Are you able to updose a little, to 300mg? This might help.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

Last time i tapered Paxil was over a month ago, but not quite 2. Maybe 5 weeks. I held off because i wanted to lower my Depakote (due to side effects). For the Paxil i haven't necessarily been doing the 10% thing. I've been going by feel and listening carefully to my body, going slower as i go lower. Right now im at .5mg per month. I'd describe the withdrawal as annoying but not horrid as was the cold turkey and fast taper. I may do the 10% method as i reach the lower doses.

I reinstated Depakote today because i couldnt take the anxiety. As soon as it was in my bloodstream i felt instant relief. I think ill ask to switch to DR tablets and go up to 375 (three 125mg pills a day), and from there, the sprinkles. Or maybe ill hold at 375 and focus on Paxil.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, i appreciate it.

Ugh. Lol

I'll hop on my laptop and get my signature done.

Drug History:

PCP, ???

• Administrator

Please see Tips for tapering off sodium valproate and valproic acid (divalproex sodium, Depakote, Depakene)

What were the adverse effects from Depakote? Why was it prescribed?

If I were you, I'd wait to taper Paxil any further. Paxil is an extraordinarily difficult drug to go off and people often run into terrible problems when they get to low doses.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Please see Tips for tapering off sodium valproate and valproic acid (divalproex sodium, Depakote, Depakene)

What were the adverse effects from Depakote? Why was it prescribed?

If I were you, I'd wait to taper Paxil any further. Paxil is an extraordinarily difficult drug to go off and people often run into terrible problems when they get to low doses.

Thanks for the heads up. I know it wont be easy. The fast taper was god awful.

Depakote was intended to replace lithium, as the pdoc i was seeing wasnt fond of the latter. She worries about kidney damage. I went along with it cause i worry about it too. Both were prescribed for Bipolar 1, a diagnosis that i do accept, given a wealth of past experience. The depakote caused severe tremors and cognitive difficulties, dose dependent. At 1500mg i shook violently and couldnt hold a conversation due to cognitive impairment. 500mg is much better but i still do experience slowed cognition.

Drug History:

PCP, ???

• Administrator

A familiar story of questionable diagnosis. Please do consider a more gradual taper, as explained in the link above.

Please let us know how you're doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Unsure of where to go from here: holding Paxil

Due to Paxil causing ultra-rapid cycling after progressive mood destabilization (full blown mania, crash into depression, euthymic mood, then back to mania over the courseof a week), i was forced to taper as fast as i could tolerate. Sometimes i'd taper 1mg per 2-3 weeks. The second acute withdrawal symptoms abated, i went down again. It seems to have caught up with me.

I've held at 11mg for 5 weeks and while my mood has dramatically improved, im experiencing my two biggest SSRI withdrawal symptoms to a significant degree: anxiety/panic and anger/irritability. I throw big childish temper tantrums in public and at work. I cuss out retail workers and anyone who inconveniences me. I have panic every morning and heightened anxiety throughout the day. I am just not well. Someone is going to beat me up during one of my tantrums. I may get fired. It seemed to be triggered by both stress and a failed attempt to taper depakote.

I am naturally an irritable and anxious person, just not to this degree. Not even close. I think these attributes are being aggravated and exacerbated by the withdrawal. During my last (very fast) taper, it was BAD.

Im totally down to reinstate a mg or two of Paxil, it's just the rapid cycling has dramatically improved, and i dont want to destabilize that. Just not sure of what to do.

I have learned through trial and error that my wd symptoms seem to be delayed, starting at 1 week and taking around 3 weeks to get in full swing. I think i may from here on out wait 6 weeks between dose reductions.

My apologies if this is in the wrong place. Thanks everyone in advance for your wisdom and words of encouragement.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

Drug History:

PCP, ???

So i read over my posts here and found a few inconsistencies. My apologies for this. My cognition has been way off and it's been hard to keep track of details. 

Drug History:

PCP, ???

• 1 month later...

Hi, quick question, with some context.

Is it normal to have certain doses that are hard to break through? I've had just an awful time getting down past 11mg. Tried 10%, too much. 5%, too much. Trying 1.8% after a 2 month hold. Still getting sick, but much less this time. It's just strange, the taper up until this point was fairly easy. Is it normal to experience certain doses as major road blocks?

Drug History:

PCP, ???

• Moderator Emeritus
26 minutes ago, Sm412 said:

Is it normal to have certain doses that are hard to break through?

Yes, other members have had this issue.  I'm assuming that you are currently tapering Paxil.  If this is correct, I have noticed that there are members tapering Paxil that seem to "get stuck" around the 10mg dose mark.

Please put dates (approximate if you cannot remember exactly, early, mid, late month is okay) and doses in your drug signature, which will help us to more easily see how you have been tapering.

And with psychiatric drugs in general we have members who find that as their dose gets lower they need to go slower, reducing less and/or holding for longer.

Brassmonkey managed to successfully get of Paxil.  He tailored a taper to suit himself and it has become known as thebrassmonkey-slide-method-of-micro-tapering/

You select a reduction % and then taper than amount over 6 weeks instead of 4, making reductions of 1/4 of the chosen percentage every week for 4 weeks.  And you hold for longer whenever needed.

39 minutes ago, Sm412 said:

It's just strange, the taper up until this point was fairly easy.

Not when you see these graphs.  Check out the oh oh point in these graphs and see the whole of that topic as well.  In Post #1 there are two graphs at the bottom of the post, one showing a hyperbolic taper and the other a linear taper.  A hyperbolic taper never gets to zero and when you stop the drug, the final cut will always be a 100% reduction.

why-taper-sert-transporter-occupancy-studies-show-importance-of-gradual-change-in-plasma-concentration

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

11 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Yes, other members have had this issue.  I'm assuming that you are currently tapering Paxil.  If this is correct, I have noticed that there are members tapering Paxil that seem to "get stuck" around the 10mg dose mark.

Please put dates (approximate if you cannot remember exactly, early, mid, late month is okay) and doses in your drug signature, which will help us to more easily see how you have been tapering.

And with psychiatric drugs in general we have members who find that as their dose gets lower they need to go slower, reducing less and/or holding for longer.

Brassmonkey managed to successfully get of Paxil.  He tailored a taper to suit himself and it has become known as thebrassmonkey-slide-method-of-micro-tapering/

You select a reduction % and then taper than amount over 6 weeks instead of 4, making reductions of 1/4 of the chosen percentage every week for 4 weeks.  And you hold for longer whenever needed.

Not when you see these graphs.  Check out the oh oh point in these graphs and see the whole of that topic as well.  In Post #1 there are two graphs at the bottom of the post, one showing a hyperbolic taper and the other a linear taper.  A hyperbolic taper never gets to zero and when you stop the drug, the final cut will always be a 100% reduction.

why-taper-sert-transporter-occupancy-studies-show-importance-of-gradual-change-in-plasma-concentration

Thank you so much!

I was very confused as to why this particular dose was causing me so much grief. As of now i am implementing the brass monkey slide, tapering at a very low percentage weekly or bi-weekly depending on how i feel. My hope is once i break through this problem dose things will get easier. If not, its micro tapering the rest of the way.

Okay, i will update my signature today.

Thank you!

Drug History:

PCP, ???

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Quick question: I tried switching to fluoxetine for an easier taper maybe a year ago. It was a flop for a number of reasons. Are there other anti-depressants I could possibly switch to for an easier taper? Or should I just endure Paxil's wrath since that's the one I'm already stable on?

Oh and I'll add that to my signature. Totally forgot. 

Drug History:

PCP, ???

4 hours ago, Sm412 said:

Hi,

Quick question: I tried switching to fluoxetine for an easier taper maybe a year ago. It was a flop for a number of reasons. Are there other anti-depressants I could possibly switch to for an easier taper? Or should I just endure Paxil's wrath since that's the one I'm already stable on?

Oh and I'll add that to my signature. Totally forgot. 

This is an interesting question.  I would think that you would still incur Paxils wrath (funny so I wanted to use it as well) as your brain is used to that specific molecule.  There are a lot of posts on bridging to prozac for taper with some success and some failure.  Paxil seems like a tricky one.  I’m not a moderator but I am intrigued by the question.  Did you search the board at all for Paxil to Prozac bridge?

1997-2006 - Prozac 20mg

2006-2015 - Lexapro 15mg, Klonopin .5mg PRN

2015 - Paxil | 2016 - Remeron 30mg | Mar 2017 - Lexapro 7.5mg, Kpin .5mg |July 2017 - Pristiq 50mg, Kpin 1mg

Oct 2017 - Celexa 20mg, Kpin .5mg | Feb 2018 - celexa 20mg, Kpin to Valium 7.5mg 

April 2018 - rapid taper of Celexa and Valium leading to crash

May 2018 -  Aug  2019 - Fluoxetine 15 mg, Valium 3.5mg

Aug 2019 -April 2020 - Micro liquid taper off 3.5mg valium end April 6 2020. Liquid Fluoxetine 12mg per day

May 2020 - Nov 2021 -   liquid fluoxetine 12mg per day.

Dec 2021 Direct switch from 12mg generic liquid fluoxetine to 10mg Prozac Capsule | May 24 2022 - 9.5mg | July 1 9.2mg | Aug 14 9.0mg | Aug 30 8.9mg | Dec 1 8.8mg

*Zero alcohol since July 2020.  Supplement include 3000 mg Fish oil, 1000mg Vit C.  100mcg B12

This is from Petunia on Paxil to Prozac in a different thread…I assume there isn’t another drug they will recommend you bridge to either.

“We generally recommend tapering off the original drug, rather than switching, unless there are reasons which make this impossible. There is no guarantee Prozac will stop Paxil withdrawal, and it comes with side effects of its own. It tends to be a very activating drug and this effect can be magnified in a sensitized nervous system, its no wonder you have increased anxiety and problems sleeping.“

1997-2006 - Prozac 20mg

2015 - Paxil | 2016 - Remeron 30mg | Mar 2017 - Lexapro 7.5mg, Kpin .5mg |July 2017 - Pristiq 50mg, Kpin 1mg

Oct 2017 - Celexa 20mg, Kpin .5mg | Feb 2018 - celexa 20mg, Kpin to Valium 7.5mg 

Aug 2019 -April 2020 - Micro liquid taper off 3.5mg valium end April 6 2020. Liquid Fluoxetine 12mg per day

Dec 2021 Direct switch from 12mg generic liquid fluoxetine to 10mg Prozac Capsule | May 24 2022 - 9.5mg | July 1 9.2mg | Aug 14 9.0mg | Aug 30 8.9mg | Dec 1 8.8mg

*Zero alcohol since July 2020.  Supplement include 3000 mg Fish oil, 1000mg Vit C.  100mcg B12

1997-2006 - Prozac 20mg

1 minute ago, methuselah said:

Thank you for this!

Drug History:

PCP, ???

Hi, so I was hoping to get some advice on my taper.

Things have essentially ground to a halt. I was at 11.6 mg (Paxil). I was on a reinstatement hold from a taper gone wrong (11.6mg to 11mg), in which I felt severe w/d symptoms for roughly 3 weeks before finally reinstating to 11.6. I was on 11.6 for 2 months, then resumed taper to 11.4. After 1 week I panicked when w/d symptoms started kicking in due to fear instilled in me from my last experience. I went up to 11.5 for 3 weeks and counting. I've tapered by .05mg twice now in an attempt to start the brassmonkey slide and the next day I chicken out and reinstate. 

I'm wondering what to do next. Should I hold at 11.5mg for longer? It's worth noting that since bumping up to 11.5 I've felt "weird." Just off. I know all this up and down cant be good and my instincts tell me to hold here while my brain catches up. But for how long?

Advice would be very much appreciated.

Drug History:

PCP, ???

• Moderator Emeritus

I've asked the other mods for their assistance.

Q:  What drugs and doses and at what times are you currently taking?  Any supplements?

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Sm412 said:

I was on 11.6 for 2 months, then resumed taper to 11.4. After 1 week I panicked when w/d symptoms started kicking in due to fear instilled in me from my last experience. I went up to 11.5 for 3 weeks and counting.

Did your withdrawal symptoms completely go away after you had been taking 11.6mg for 2 months? Or did still have withdrawal symptoms when you started tapering again?

We often find people have difficulty tapering paroxetine below a particular threshold. Sometimes if they hold at a dose for a long while and allow their nervous systems to regroup, they can pick up the taper again. Sometimes people prefer to cross-taper to low-dose fluoxetine or citalopram when they find they cannot reduce paroxetine further.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Did your withdrawal symptoms completely go away after you had been taking 11.6mg for 2 months? Or did still have withdrawal symptoms when you started tapering again?

We often find people have difficulty tapering paroxetine below a particular threshold. Sometimes if they hold at a dose for a long while and allow their nervous systems to regroup, they can pick up the taper again. Sometimes people prefer to cross-taper to low-dose fluoxetine or citalopram when they find they cannot reduce paroxetine further.

I was withdrawal free when i started tapering at 11.6, but not for that long. It took a solid 4-5 weeks to recover after reinstating. Then 3-4 weeks rusumed taper.

I am definitely considering fluoxetine or citalopram. I tried fluoxetine once before and found it not to be a great "match" with paroxetine, if that makes sense. Like it wasnt hitting my CNS the way i needed it to. It also made me feel very manic.

Lexapro and Cymbalta matched well with paroxetine. I could most likely tolerate Celexa.

Drug History:

PCP, ???

• Administrator

Most likely, when you tried another SSRI, you added a "normal" dose of 10mg or 20mg to paroxetine. We'd suggest making a switch by adding only 5mg at the most. Please let us know what you want to do.

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Most likely, when you tried another SSRI, you added a "normal" dose of 10mg or 20mg to paroxetine. We'd suggest making a switch by adding only 5mg at the most. Please let us know what you want to do.

Thank you so much.

Upon reflection, it seems i have hit a brick wall with paroxetine. Even the most incremental reductions past 11.6 produce intolerable effects.

When i tried fluoxetine, my doc bumped me down 20 to 10mg paroxetine, then 10mg paroxetine to 10mg to 10mg fluoxetine. Withdrawal was absolutely crushing. Up to 20mg fluoxetine. Held for 6 weeks. Withdrawal abated after a hold, but didn't feel "right" so requested back to 20mg paxil. Tapered down to 11.6 and here we are. Im going to put all that in my signature.

I'd like to try fluoxetine again. Assuming it's generally easier to taper than citalopram. After my experience with Paxil, the easier the better.

Drug History:

PCP, ???

6 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I've asked the other mods for their assistance.

Q:  What drugs and doses and at what times are you currently taking?  Any supplements?

Currently quite a few.

Currently overweight and on ketogenic diet for weight loss. 2 weeks in.

Paroxetine 11.5mg, mornings (tapering)

Depakote 500mg, nights (holding, will resume taper when adverse effects caused by SSRI abate)

Lithium 600mg morning, 900mg night (will reduce dose once weight is lost)

Pregabalin 150mg morning, 150mg night (will stay on medication)

Olanzapine 10mg (will taper eventually, focused on paroxetine/depakote currently)

Im tapering off paroxetine due to hellish mood instability it progressively caused. This instability abates at around 11mg, as mood stability was acheived during my failed taper to this dose, and also during my failed taper to 10mg fluoxetine over a year ago. But i cant get there because of intolerable w/d symptoms. It's maddening. Im so close.

And yes i intend to get off SSRIs entirely. 

Drug History:

PCP, ???

• Administrator

What times o'clock do you take your drugs, with their dosages? Please add the other current drugs to your signature, and put ALL your drugs in this Interactions Checker and post the report or a link to it in this topic.

6 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What times o'clock do you take your drugs, with their dosages? Please add the other current drugs to your signature, and put ALL your drugs in this Interactions Checker and post the report or a link to it in this topic.

Irrelevant. And no.

Drug History:

PCP, ???

6 hours ago, Altostrata said:

How do i delete my account?

Drug History:

PCP, ???

7 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I attempted your assignment. The website isn't letting me scroll down after inputting the drugs. I cant generate the report with my phone, and i dont have a laptop. I tried. It's not happening.

God this is tedious. I already answered your question about dosages and times. 8am and 8pm. I'll update my signature after dinner. This will be the third time ive been asked to do so. Is there ANYTHING else i need to put in there before i do it? Anything?

Now, could i please get some advice on switching paroxetine to prozac? I made a change of about 1% dosage and im in the throes of brutal withdrawal. As you can tell, im very, very irritable.

Drug History:

PCP, ???

8 hours ago, Altostrata said:

So i just got done with a meditation. Holy cow, i dont know what came over me. As of right now i am very sick. My sincere apologies.

Im going to change my signature now. The interactions checker isnt working on my phone.

Drug History:

PCP, ???

When i get a moment at work i can do the interactions thing there. Stay tuned.

And again, my apologies.

Drug History:

PCP, ???

• Administrator

I am dubious Paxil triggered bipolar symptoms. Most likely, you experienced an adverse effect of your drug cocktail because of a drug change. All 4 drugs interact. 

As you can see, that's a risky cocktail you're taking. Lithium, Depakote, and Zyprexa can all cause organ damage, and are a rather absurd overtreatment with drugs duplicative in so-called therapeutic effect. Scroll to the bottom of this page.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on reducing those 3 drugs before Paxil.

Are you getting regular liver and kidney function tests?

Do you take Paxil with pregabalin and lithium at 8 a.m.? Why do you take these 3 drugs together? How do you feel before and after taking these drugs in the morning?

You are taking 4 drugs at 8 p.m.: Pregabalin, lithium, Zyprexa, and Depakote. Why do you take these 4 drugs together?

When and why was pregabalin added to the mix?

34 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

I am dubious Paxil triggered bipolar symptoms. Most likely, you experienced an adverse effect of your drug cocktail because of a drug change. All 4 drugs interact. 

As you can see, that's a risky cocktail you're taking. Lithium, Depakote, and Zyprexa can all cause organ damage, and are a rather absurd overtreatment with drugs duplicative in so-called therapeutic effect. Scroll to the bottom of this page.

Do you take Paxil with pregabalin and lithium at 8 a.m.? Why do you take these 3 drugs together? How do you feel before and after taking these drugs in the morning?

You are taking 4 drugs at 8 p.m.: Pregabalin, lithium, Zyprexa, and Depakote. Why do you take these 4 drugs together?

It's a long story as to how i ended up on all these drugs.

Depakote was to replace lithium to prevent potential kidney damage. Depakote didn't work. Too many side effects. We fully intend to keep tapering Depakote.

Pregabalin was intended to treat severe anxiety caused by ptsd, and replace Paxil as a primary anxiety medication. I was suffering intensely, even before i began tapering. it does a very good job. I do not intend to taper any time soon.

Zyprexa was prescribed as part of a misdiagnosis. Ive tried to taper twice. Failed both times.

My bipolar symptoms improve the lower i go on Paxil. During my attempt to fast taper down to 11mg and 10mg, they disappeared completely, albeit severe withdrawal set in simultaneously. Paxil is the priority.

Finally, lithium has been a cornerstone in treating bipolar symptoms. I intend to stay on for as long as my kidneys allow.

Yes i get regular tests. So far so good.

Our plan is to get down to a dose where my bipolar is stable, then get rid of Depakote and Zyprexa in that order. Then resume the SSRI taper.

Ultimately i will be on pregabalin and lithium. I dont have any problem with taking medications.

Drug History:

PCP, ???

47 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

The deterioration of my bipolar symptoms has been progressive over the last 6 years. Even when i was just on two meds: zyprexa and paxil. Or lithium and paxil. I havent been on this huge cocktail for very long. About 1.5 years, and rapid cycling started prior. All available evidence suggests and clinical expertise suggests Paxil is the culprit. My own experience with reducing dose also suggests that. Depakote and Paxil go first. Then we deal with Zyprexa.

Also worth noting that i fully aknowledge the existence of psychiatric disorders and do not oppose the use of medication in me or anyone else. Im here to taper meds i dont want to be on.

Drug History:

PCP, ???

• Administrator

If you have found you have hit a wall in tapering Paxil, recommend you taper another drug rather than switching to bridge off Paxil. You're taking too many drugs with too much risk as it is.

We recommend tapering only one drug at a time to avoid confounding symptoms. You have a lot to work on.

You may find it easier to go off Paxil some time later.

You may be experiencing adverse effects from taking your drugs together that you have misidentified. Frankly, with your cocktail, it would be a lot of work for me to unravel them. If you don't care to discuss your cocktail or drug discontinuation strategy, you may refer to our tapering topics here and plan it yourself.

• Altostrata locked this topic