Fishinbowl: Emotionless, meaninglessness and headache

Fishinbowl

Hey, so for 5 years, I have felt next to no positive emotion (due to antipsychotics and possibly other drugs) When I feel emotion, it is very insignificant (I suppose around 1-10% of what I used to feel).

I also have headaches of an odd kind which constantly bother me. I feel like the muscles in my head have been damaged. Sometimes, it feels like my head is burning. Always, additionally, I can feel the muscles in my head,

even if I’m not moving them (something which did not occur before these medications). I notice

this headache thing occurred after accidentally taking an antipsychotic after I had gotten off of them. 

I am struggling greatly, seeing that my life is pointless. No point is ever sufficient without emotion, aside from love which I am finding great difficulty in finding. 

To be honest, I am rather suicidal for these reasons. My life is just suffering, no pleasure. 

I hope I can find some people I love, and I hope I can find some good advice for my symptoms. 

None of the stuff I have tried has been helpful. 

I felt my life was worth it when I had someone I love, but I no longer have that. 

I thought that I was gonna end my life today, but I’m just doing all that I can to avoid that, it seems. I’m just trying to find something which doesn’t make that necessary. 

I really hope I can find someone and some things. 

Geodon 2016

Abilify 2016 

Abilify 2019

Lexapro 2016-2018

Vivance 2015- 2018

• ChessieCat changed the title to Fishinbowl: Emotionless, meaninglessness and headache
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Fishinbowl

Emotional anesthesia is a common adverse effect of psychiatric drugs, or it can emerge as a withdrawal symptom when you go off. What drugs are you taking now?

Do you get this headache at any particular times of day?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I have completed the signature. 

My headaches happen all throughout the day.

I believe that the medication damaged the muscles in my head. 

Geodon 2016

Abilify 2016 

Abilify 2019

Lexapro 2016-2018

Vivance 2015- 2018

• Administrator

Do you feel your head, neck, and jaw muscles are tight? Do your jaw or teeth hurt?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like my head is burning, almost, so to speak. 

I can feel the muscles when I move my ear. 

Sometimes, when I’m lucky, they are hardly noticeable — this is the state I want to try to be in as much as possible. 

Geodon 2016

Abilify 2016 

Abilify 2019

Lexapro 2016-2018

Vivance 2015- 2018

Are the headaches still happening?  I’ve had them consistently the past week and can relate to the symptoms.  It feels like pressure on side of head and muscles hurt. I feel for you.  Please be well.  

2010 - 2018 Zoloft 75 mg 2019 Zoloft 50mg 2019 Zoloft 25 mg

2020 Zoloft 12.5mg

2020 Switched July 6, 2020 to Lexapro 10 mg  Nov 10, 2020 5 mg 

2021 Feb 2, 2021 2.5 mg until July 24, 2021 (Date quit)

2021 Lexapro .5 mg Reinstatement Aug 18, 2021 

2021 Lexapro .42 mg Nov 16, 2021

2021 Lexapro .35 mg Dec 1, 2021

2021 Lexapro .5 mg updose Dec 11, 2021

2022 Lexapro 1.0 mg updose March 15, 2022

2022 Quit Lexapro March 19, 2022