Hyperbolical: Where to now?

Hyperbolical

Thanks for being here.

Just writing out my signature, after a couple of days of lurking, as made me realise what a spiral and whirlwind I have found myself in.

I went pretty much CT with the Mirt and Fluox on my Drs advice after starting Agomelatine 25 days ago. I expected some WD symptoms, but yesterday was the worst, and I reinstated at a lower dose yesterday after reading advice here. My body felt like my bones were disolving, I went to Yin yoga yesterday evening and felt like i was in Hot yoga, while everyone else was wearing sweaters (ironic). 

I am a school principal, and over the past 20 years of taking this I have managed to move into school leadership and complete a Grad Cert and a Masters. I can function, I'm just not enjoying much, I'm really fed-up with people, and often wish I could go to bed and not wake up again. 

I realise that the ADs have number me and demotivated me, and I have lost a lot of my zest for life.

Taking fish oil and magnesium.

Can I please get some advice on how to taper from here???????

Last night I took Ago 25mg, Mirt 7.5mg and this morning Fluox 20mg. Feel much better today than I did yesterday.

2007 - Fluoxetine 20mg (to assist with quitting smoking)

2014 - Fluoxetine 40mg (depression)

2015 - Fluoxetine 60mg (major depressive disorder)

2016-2017 Mirtazapine 15mg, Fluoxetine 60mg (Major Depressive disorder)

2018 -2021 - Mirtazapine 7.5mg, Fluoxetine 60mg, (Major Depressive disorder), Diazepam (occasional for anxiety), Modanifinil (occasional for daytime sleepiness - while driving long distances for work), Phentermine (off and on for weight loss)

2021  - Mirtazapine 7.5mg, Fluoxetine 60mg, (Major Depressive disorder), Diazepam (occasional for anxiety), Modanifinil (occasional for daytime sleepiness - while driving long distances for work), Phentermine (off and on for weight loss), Neurontin (perimenopausal rage)                    

Aug 2021 - Agomelatine (25mg), Mirtazapine - nil, Fluoxetine nil,

Sept 30 2021 - reinstated Fluoxetine 20mg and Mirtapzine 7.5mg  because of WD symptoms.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Hyperbolical: Where to now?

How do I get this approved and posted please?

Sorry, please ignore - I just saw the post re why mods approve new posts.

2007 - Fluoxetine 20mg (to assist with quitting smoking)

2014 - Fluoxetine 40mg (depression)

2015 - Fluoxetine 60mg (major depressive disorder)

2016-2017 Mirtazapine 15mg, Fluoxetine 60mg (Major Depressive disorder)

2018 -2021 - Mirtazapine 7.5mg, Fluoxetine 60mg, (Major Depressive disorder), Diazepam (occasional for anxiety), Modanifinil (occasional for daytime sleepiness - while driving long distances for work), Phentermine (off and on for weight loss)

2021  - Mirtazapine 7.5mg, Fluoxetine 60mg, (Major Depressive disorder), Diazepam (occasional for anxiety), Modanifinil (occasional for daytime sleepiness - while driving long distances for work), Phentermine (off and on for weight loss), Neurontin (perimenopausal rage)                    

Aug 2021 - Agomelatine (25mg), Mirtazapine - nil, Fluoxetine nil,

Sept 30 2021 - reinstated Fluoxetine 20mg and Mirtapzine 7.5mg  because of WD symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a peer owned and run forum of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with psychiatric drugs.  You have come to the right place.  

Thank you for supplying your drug signature.  This is your introduction topic, where you will ask questions and keep track of your progress.  

Here is some information about how these drugs actually work.  This explains why we get symptoms from going off of these medications, and why it's so important to taper so slowly and carefully, and be very cautious about changing our doses: 

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

This helps you understand what withdrawal syndrome is: 

Video on Recovery from Psych Drugs

What is Happening in Your Brain

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

On 10/1/2021 at 1:14 AM, Hyperbolical said:

Can I please get some advice on how to taper from here???????

Last night I took Ago 25mg, Mirt 7.5mg and this morning Fluox 20mg. Feel much better today than I did yesterday.

I'm very glad that reinstating the Mirt and fluoxetine have helped you so much.  Please stay on these doses of these drugs for a long time, at least several months, and give your system a chance to adjust and settle, and find homeostasis.  It's essential to take precisely the same doses of each med, at the same time each day.     

Don't be surprised if you have some ups and downs - this is normal for psych med withdrawal.   Then once you have stabilized, you can commence a slow, gradual taper.  Please read this link, to decide which drug to taper first:  

Which Drug to Taper First

When the time for tapering comes, tapering is best done extremely slowly, and we generally taper by 10% of the current dose no more than once every 4 weeks, so that the taper becomes exponentially smaller.

Why Taper by 10% of my Dosage  

Also, as we are recovering, we suggest keeping things slow, simple, and stable. 

Keep it Simple, Slow, and Stable

Considerations About Stability - Stop Jumping Around

Here are some techniques to cope with symptoms: 

Non Drug Ways to Cope with Withdrawal Symptoms

We don't suggest many supplements, but 2 that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

I've given you quite a bit of information here.   Please take your time to read it, and take care of yourself.  We are glad you are here.  Please let us know how you are doing.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly