Withdrawal Induced Auditory Processing Disorder

username001

Hi ever since I went into withdrawal I have noticed that my auditory processing is all sorts of messed up. I have trouble making out what people say and I don’t think I have any hearing loss as I’m able to hear high tone frequencies, I just am not able to make out what people are saying in noisy backgrounds, and I can’t make out consonants, and have a hard time understanding people on the phone. This is incredibly frustrating and saddening and I was curious as to if this resolved for anyone and if it’s a common symptom. Will I be doomed forever with a new auditory processing disorder or should I just believe that i will heal from it after withdrawal is over.

2019-2020 Zoloft 200mg and Wellbutrin 150mg fast tapered off. 
2020  20mg Lexapro for 8 months, tapered to 15mg then 10mg then 5mg then 2.5 and then every other day. Fast tapered off of Lexapro.

-poor cognition-uneasy feeling -burning brain -people startle me -can’t read facial expressions-Brain fog-can’t detect emotion -can’t hear voice intonations -so many more

I had somewhat similar issues too. Difficulty in situations where many were speaking at once.  Harder still when many were speaking and music was playing, like in restaurants... It did get better, have hope.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Withdrawal Induced Auditory Processing Disorder
  • 5 months later...

@username001I think i struggle with the same issue! Did it get better for you?

June-July -21 Zyprexa 2.5-7.5 mg 

July -21 Mianserin 20 mg four days

July-Aug -21 Valium 30 mg a day, tapred, return of symptoms 

Aug-Oct -21 Oxazepam Tapred from 10 mg x 3 to zero

Dec-Jan -21/22 On and off mirtazapine 15 mg. Kindling reaction?

March 8.-19. - Zopiclone 7.5 mg to combat insomnia 

March 20 - 5 mg valium because of akathisia and panic 

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy