SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Beardeddad22: Introduction, mirtazipine withdrawal

Beardeddad22

14 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

how do you feel before and after each lamotrigine dose?

Your daily notes would be very helpful.

I haven't really noticed too much of a difference I don't think. I've been keeping up with my daily notes the past few days since we last spoke about it. Possibly a little more calm but it's only been a few days since I made the change. 

I have been taking it first thing when I wake up in the morning and usually I'm pretty groggy and anxious first thing in the morning, that's definitely  a consistent feeling. At night i take it the same time as my Mirt so I have that as a factor as well it's tough to distinguish between the feelings I get from the two drugs 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

2018-2020 100mg Desvenlafaxine

2018-2020 Lamotrigine 50mg

2020 - Tapered off Desvenlafaxine and Lamotrigine at the same time over 4 weeks per GP. 

2020 - Abilify, Risperdal, Escitalopram, Prozac

2020 - Seroquel - Dr. CT after 5 months due to akathisia ended in hospital, 6 month recovery

Currently on:

Mirtazipine - 1.87mg currently. Started @ 22.5mg, reinstated at 1.87mg 10/6/21 after 6 month taper to 3.75 was off for 16 days before reinstatement 

Clonazepam - 0.5mg sparingly

Lamotrigine - 25mg/2x daily

Daily symptom diary

The fatigue I have been experiencing is excruciating. I'm useless and have zero motivation. I remember when I first started on the mirt I felt the same way. It's brutal and makes keeping my current and searching for future jobs incredibly difficult. Think this will pass? It wasn't this bad on the 3.75, but at 1.87 it's awful. I know not sleeping last night is compounding it but, man. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

2020 - Tapered off Desvenlafaxine and Lamotrigine at the same time over 4 weeks per GP. 

2020 - Seroquel - Dr. CT after 5 months due to akathisia ended in hospital, 6 month recovery

Currently on:

Mirtazipine - 1.87mg currently. Started @ 22.5mg, reinstated at 1.87mg 10/6/21 after 6 month taper to 3.75 was off for 16 days before reinstatement 

Daily symptom diary

• Moderator Emeritus

MIrtazapine is more sedating at lower the doses.  There is mentioned of it in Post #1 in this topic:

tips-for-tapering-off-mirtazapine-remeron

Unfortunately the link where the quote was taken from is broken.  The staff are trying to find it.

However, this provides the same information from:

https://www.psychdb.com/meds/antidepressants/nassa/mirtazapine

Why Do Lower Doses of Mirtazapine Cause More Sedation?

Mirtazapine acts mainly on 3 receptors: histaminergic, noradrenergic, and serotonergic receptors. However, at low doses (e.g. - 7.5 mg), mirtazapine has a higher affinity to (and thus preferentially blocks) the histamine-1 receptor, compared to the other 2 receptors.[2][3] At higher doses, this antihistamine activity is offset by increased noradrenergic transmission, which reduces its sedating effects.[4][5] Although sedation is expected at low doses, it is usually most noticeable in the first few weeks of therapy and diminishes with continued treatment.[6]

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Please update your drug signature.  Thank you.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

@ChessieCatso it's possible that the sedation will level out at some point? I've been at this dose for over a month now. 

4 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Please update your drug signature.  Thank you

What should I update on it? I'm still on the same doses of everything. Should update that I am splitting my 50mg lamotrigine? 

Also, congrats on finally being off pristiq! Hope you're feeling ok. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

Could you take the lamotrigine at a different time than mirtazapine? Perhaps you could take mirtazapine later, by moving it an hour at a time?

What times o'clock do you take lamotrigine, and when does the grogginess go away in the morning?

Please post your daily notes here in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

2 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Could you take the lamotrigine at a different time than mirtazapine? Perhaps you could take mirtazapine later, by moving it an hour at a time?

Yes I can do that. 

2 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

What times o'clock do you take lamotrigine, and when does the grogginess go away in the morning?

I take it between 7-8am and 7-8pm.

The grogginess lately has seemingly never gone away. It seems to last all day and night lately. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

730am woke up, first time in a while without significant anxiety when waking, especially considering I got very little sleep
8 AM took 25mg lamotrigine
9 AM feeling ok pretty tired no anxiety about the same as before the lamotrigine dose today
1 PM anxiety, brain fog, fatigue

pm

Above mentioned symptoms seem to be getting worse.
5 PM Extreme fatigue, brain fog, anxiety, racing thoughts. Took magnesium glycinate the fatigue in just wow. My body is so heavy and brain is so tired.
7 PM confused, foggy head, fatigue, took 1.87mg mirt

pm

I think I took my 25mg lamotrigine but I can't remember. I'm so foggy and confused and my memory is so bad right now I can't remember

I also have my symptom diary linked in my signature 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Beardeddad22 said:

It seems to last all day and night lately. 

What exactly do you mean by lately? This is why we need daily notes!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

6 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

What exactly do you mean by lately? This is why we need daily notes!

I have been doing daily notes they are linked in my signature. It's a Google sheets. It's been at least 3 weeks I've been feeling the fatigue. I lacked on my notes for a bit but have since picked up making them more detailed and consistent 

Daily symptom diary

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

Help me out, please post daily notes 24 HOURS AT A TIME in one of these reply boxes.

14 minutes ago, Beardeddad22 said:

730am woke up, first time in a while without significant anxiety when waking, especially considering I got very little sleep
8 AM took 25mg lamotrigine
9 AM feeling ok pretty tired no anxiety about the same as before the lamotrigine dose today
1 PM anxiety, brain fog, fatigue

pm

Above mentioned symptoms seem to be getting worse.
5 PM Extreme fatigue, brain fog, anxiety, racing thoughts. Took magnesium glycinate the fatigue in just wow. My body is so heavy and brain is so tired.
7 PM confused, foggy head, fatigue, took 1.87mg mirt

pm

I think I took my 25mg lamotrigine but I can't remember. I'm so foggy and confused and my memory is so bad right now I can't remember

First, this says no anxiety on waking. That's a good change.

Are the symptoms around 1 p.m. new symptoms? If so, when did they start?

Is it possible you forget the evening lamotrigine dose? It's very important you don't do that, it could cause withdrawal symptoms.

What was the following sleep pattern like, after 7:30 p.m.?

15 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Help me out, please post daily notes 24 HOURS AT A TIME in one of these reply boxes

OK, sorry. would you like me to just do that moving forward or do you want me to go back and Post them now? I thought doing the Google sheet would be sufficient. The notes I just posted were for today. I'm doing my best to wrap my head (the little amount that is currently functioning) around the best way to go about this all. I'm usually very bright but it seems that light has dimmed quite a bit over the past month. 

First, this says no anxiety on waking. That's a good change

Yes this is great news as I haven't experienced that since my reinstatement. 

Are the symptoms around 1 p.m. new symptoms? If so, when did they start?

They always seem to be the same symptoms, anxiety, fogginess, confusion, increased fatigue, low mood. I post in my log when they start so today they started around 1pm today. 

Is it possible you forget the evening lamotrigine dose? It's very important you don't do that, it could cause withdrawal symptoms

I haven't forgotten my dose since I've switched to 25mg in the am and 25mg in the pm. I've been pretty religious about it. Tonight though I am so off and confused I am not sure if I forgot or not.

What was the following sleep pattern like, after 7:30 p.m

What I posted  was from today so I'm not sure yet. 

I will post yesterday's notes below. 

7 AM Woke up anxious , 25mg lamotrigine
8 AM Still some anxiety. Laying down. Feeling overall OK though

am

Out of bed. Feeling OK. Some anxiety.

am

out of house feeling a little numb and fatigued, mild anxiety
3 PM Back home. Disassembling trampoline. Feeling OK. Good to do something productive.
5 PM feeling good not as numb as earlier
6 PM some anxiety in throat and jaw
7 PM Feeling a little anxious. Some pressure in the head. Took 25mg lamotrigine

pm

Feeling about the same after the lamotrigine dose. Took 1.87mg mirt

Laying down to sleep

130am Intense sweating while laying down to try to sleep, still haven't drifted off. Tossing and turning. 

am

fell asleep

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

You were feeling better around 5 p.m.

How often do you get the sweating in the evening? Does it always occur after you take mirtazapine? If yes, how long after you take mirtazapine?

7 hours ago, Altostrata said:

How often do you get the sweating in the evening? Does it always occur after you take mirtazapine? If yes, how long after you take mirtazapine?

That typically doesn't happen, first time I have experienced it. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Beardeddad22,

When posting your daily symptom diary, do please continue to post as you did here.

Copy them over right into a reply box, as you did with the day before yesterdays.

Might be a good idea to note the date above the copied daily symptom note when transferring too.

You're doing a great job with them.

And thank you, as this will save time when we review them.

And best,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
clarity

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Here is my completed notes from yesterday 11/15/21

8:00 AM took 25mg lamotrigine
9:00 AM feeling ok pretty tired no anxiety, feeling about the same as before the lamotrigine dose today
1:00 PM anxiety, brain fog, fatigue
230pm Above mentioned symptoms seem to be getting worse.
5:00 PM Extreme fatigue, brain fog, anxiety, racing thoughts. Took magnesium glycinate, the fatigue in just wow. My body is so heavy and brain is so tired.
7:00 PM confused, foggy head, fatigue, took 1.87mg mirt
730pm I think I took my 25mg lamotrigine but I can't remember. I'm so foggy and confused and my memory is so bad right now I can't remember
8:00 PM 2mg melatonin
830pm Breathing issue starting again. Feels like I stop breathing and need to consciously take a breath in. Kind scary. Wonder if it's related to the melatonin, also happened when i was on a higher dose of Mirt as well
9:00 PM fell asleep

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

I'm having such a hard time lately just feeling "ok". Is an updose worth a try? Since I reinstated I just haven't been right and external stress isn't helping with it at all.

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

We need to see more daily notes, to get a sense of your symptom pattern. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

We need to see more daily notes, to get a sense of your symptom pattern. Thanks.

I have posted my notes since i started on 10/21 below. I included the days that the notes were incomplete as well. please let me know if you need any further clarification.

10/20/21

4:00 AM woke up, minimal anxiety, grumbling stomach ache, heartburn, took 2 tums. started meditation
5:00 AM fell back asleep
7:00 AM woke up, minimal anxiety, still have grumbling stomach ache, diarreha, low mood
8:00 AM started working, feeling overall pretty stable, mood starting to improve
10:30 AM Took 50mg Lamotrigine
1:00 PM Mood has improved to normal, stomach has stabilized
9:00 PM 1.87mg mirtazipine
11:00 PM Fell asleep

10/21/22

6:30 AM woke up, minor anxiety, heatburn, took 2 tums
6:45 AM fell back asleep
7:30 AM woke up minor anxiety, groggy unmotivated, heartburn
8:00 AM started working, starting to feel a bit better, tounge feels a bit swollen, stomach ache
10:00 AM had a cup of lemon ginger tea for stomache issue
12:00 PM Started getting a headache, foggy head, stomach issues continuing
1:00 PM 50mg lamotrigine 800mg ibuprofen
2:00 PM Headache subsided
5:00 PM Anxiety feeling in mouth and jaw
10:00 PM  
9:00 PM 1.87mg mirtazapine

10/22/21

7:00 AM woke up, feeling tired, out of it, pressure in head. completely unmotivated
11:00 AM 50mg Lamotrigine
5:00 PM Symptoms never subsided, tired, unfocused, Unmotivated, pressure in head, useless at work today
10:00 PM 1.87mg mirtazapine
11:00 PM fell asleep

10/23/21

7:00 AM woke up, anxiety, heartburn, tingling hands, racing thoughts, pain in left part of chest, jaw clenching, took .5 clonazepam
8:00 AM Fell back asleep while attempting meditation, with eye mask to prevent light in
11:00 AM Woke up, still weird feeling in head, chest pain, jaw clenching, low mood
11:30 AM 50mg Lamotrigine
1:00 PM got out of house feeling better
8:00 PM took 1.87mg mirt
10:00 PM got irrationally angry

10/24/21

6:00 AM Woke mildly anxious, small stomach ache, pain in chest, grumbling stomach
7:00 AM fell back asleep
10:00 AM woke up, stiff wrists racing thoughts, anxiety, heavy eyes, weird feeling in head, irritable . Took 50mg Lamotrigine
12:00 PM feeling a bit better, still a little Agitated, got some things done around the house for the first time in a few weeks
6:00 PM continuing to feel well with limited symptoms
7:00 PM Took 1.87mg mirt
10:30 PM Fell asleep
1:30 AM Woke up, eye pain, restlessness, never fell back asleep

10/25/21

7:45:00 AM took 50mg lamotrigine, got out of bed, been awake since 1:30am
8:00:00 AM eyes hurt, very tired, stuffy, groggy, unmotivated, labored breathing/air hunger
11:30:00 AM stll pretty tired and unmotivated, some heartburn, empty feeling in my head
2:00:00 PM took a 20 minute nap on lunch headache
4:00:00 PM headache continues, very tired most likely from not sleeping only got a few hours
5:00:00 PM took 800mg ibuprofen
6:00:00 PM headache gone dead tired though
7:00:00 PM took 1.87mg mirt,
8:00:00 PM 400mg magnesium glycinate
10:30 PM Fell asleep

10/26/21

6:30 AM Woke up, feeling better than yesterday, slight stomach ache had some ginger chews
7:45 AM out of bed, ready for work, little lightheaded
8:00 AM started working, took 50mg lamotrigine
12:00 PM feeling pretty good overall
4:00 PM had a good day overall today during work, tiny headache
630pm Starting to feel a little off. Weird feeling in my head some anxiety
7:00 PM took 1.87mg mirt and 400 magnesium
8:00 PM feeling pretyy agitated

10/27/21

7:00 AM got no sleep yesterday
10:00 AM took 50mg lmaotrigine
5:00 PM laid around all day, tried and irritated
7:30 AM took 1.87mg mirt
8:30 AM feeling pretty agitated, seems to happen after taking mirt at night on this dose
9:30 PM took 2mg lunesta for sleep
10:30 PM fell asleep
12:00 PM anxiety starting to tame

10/28/21

6:00 AM woke up
8:00 AM took daughter to school, feeling tired, agitated
8:45 AM started work
9:00 AM took 50mg lamotritine
11:00 AM still not feeling great, heart palpitations, headache, low mood, anxiety
1:00 PM got some bad news at work
5:00 PM wasn't able to shake the depression/anxiety feeling after work news
7:00 PM heart pumping very hard
8:00 PM feeling down, disconnected, heart palpitations took 1.87 mirt

11/1/21

7:00 AM woke up - anxiety, mostly due to work stresses/changes
8:30 AM 50mg lamotrigine
12:00 PM Continuing anxiety
10:00 AM  
2:00 PM  
8:00 PM took 1.87 mirt took .5mg clonazepam
9:00 PM anxiety and depression consistent today.

11/6/21

7:00 AM Haven't been logging lately. Have been very Unmotivated and depressed. Very low mood. Seems to be affecting all aspects of my life, work, personal, family etc. Unsure what to do right now.
9:00 AM
Did not get much sleep at all last night maybe an Hour or two. Has been a continual trend as of late. Tried 2mg melatonin last night but just made me restless a Checking in with SA to see if updose might be wise. Can't seem to really stabilize. Depression seems to be worsening
12:00 PM  
10:00 AM  
2:00 PM  
8:00 PM Took 1.87mg Mirt

11/8/21

3:00 AM Woke up, have been pretty sick since Thursday. Flu like symptoms. Headache. Took 800mg ibiprofen. Taking day off of work
4:00 AM High Anxiety, racing thoughts, Meditated and fell back asleep
8:00 AM up for the day still feeling pretty sick. anxiety is high this morning
8:30 AM Took 50mg lamotrigine, vitamin c, vitamin D3, zinc,
2:00 PM Fatigue is strong lately
8:00 PM Took 1.87mg mirt

11/10/21

7:00 AM woke up, took 2mg melatonin last night around 9 and fell asleep shortly thereafter
8:00 AM Took 50mg lamotrigine, anxiety, racing thoughts, body heavyness and tired, foggy brain very unmotivated, depression, depersonalization/derealization
1:00 PM still feeling very tired and unmotivated, having trouble concentrating
4:30 PM continued feeling of depression
5:30 PM Starting to feel a tad bit better I think
7:30 PM My wife read my SA thread and it made me feel better going to split my lamotrigine dose 25mg morning 25mg night and see how that goes. Not going to updose at this time
8:00 PM Took 1.87mg Mirt and magnesium glycinate
8:48 PM Little anxiety feeling in my throat and jaw
11:30 PM Fell asleep

11/11/21

12:30 AM Woke up. Restless. Heartburn
1:30 AM Fell asleep
4:40 AM Woke up never fell back asleep. Anxiety
7:15 AM took 25mg lamotrigine, out of bed, tired some anxiety
8:20 AM anxiety continuing, pressure in head
10:55 AM still have some anxiety, feeling some depression very tired
12:20 PM Feeling Agitated and a lot of depression, fatigue
3:00 PM felt ok for a little while about an hour 800mg ibuprofen
4:00 PM headache started coming on
7:00 PM headache continuing extremely tired.
7:15 PM Took 1.87mg Mirt, 25mg lamotrigine. Laying down
8:30 PM fell asleep

11/12/21

1230am Woke up.fel back asleep shortly after
2:00 AM Woke up, fell back asleep around 3
5:20 AM Woke up
6:50 AM Racing thoughts, some trouble breathing/air hunger, foggy head, clenched/tightness in jaw
7:00 AM 25mg lamotrigine
7:50 AM feeling a litte bit better, more energy a little bit clearer head, minimal anxiety, no more clenched jaw
10:00 AM still feeling ok, some anxiety but a lot due to job search and work stress
10:55 AM anxiety starting to ramp up some heart palpitations
12:00 PM good amount of anxiety, took magnesium glycinate
5:00 PM feeling pretty good latter half of the day
8:00 PM still good
9:00 PM 1.87mg mirt, 25mg lamotrigine
1130pm Fell asleep

11/13/21

2:00 AM woke up
230am Fell asleep
7:00 AM woke up 25mg lamotrigine
8:00 AM some anxiety, meditated
1030am out of bed
12:00 PM not feeling terrible, feel congested and like cold symptoms
120pm Tired, congested, took dayquil
9:00 PM 25mg lamotrigine, 1.87mg mirt
930pm agitated.. seems to be a common theme after taking mirt since ive been on this dose.... a switch flips

11/14/21

7:00 AM Woke up anxious , 25mg lamotrigine
8:00 AM Still some anxiety. Laying down. Feeling overall OK though
1030am Out of bed. Feeling OK. Some anxiety.
1130am out of house feeling a little numb and fatigued
3:00 PM Back home. Taking down trampoline. Feeling OK. Good to do something productive.
5:00 PM feeling good not as numb as earlier
6:00 PM some anxiety in throat and jaw
7:30 PM Feeling a little anxious. Some pressure in the head. Took 25mg lamotrigine
830pm Feeling about the same after the lamotrigine dose. Took 1.87mg mirt
130am Intense sweating while laying down to try to sleep. Still haven't drifted off. Tossing and tuning
430am fell asleep

11/15/21

9:00 AM feeling ok pretty tired no anxiety, feeling about the same as before the lamotrigine dose today
5:00 PM Extreme fatigue, brain fog, anxiety, racing thoughts. Took magnesium glycinate, the fatigue in just wow. My body is so heavy and brain is so tired.
730pm I think I took my 25mg lamotrigine but I can't remember. I'm so foggy and confused and my memory is so bad right now I can't remember
830pm Breathing issue starting again. Feels like I stop breathing and need to conciously take a breath in. Kind scary. Wonder if it's related to the melatonin, also happened when i was on a higher dose of Mirt as well

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

11/16/21

5:00 AM woke up
5:45 AM Feeling anxious, foggy/pressure in head, really tired, scared feeling. Just want to wake up, and feel OK and have a good day. Feeling like I'll.never get that back, been bad since reinstatement
6:00 AM 25mg lamotrigine
7:30 AM out of bed, feeling confused and foggy in my head
10:00 AM fatigue, foggy head, unmotivated, anxiety
1:00 PM Anxiety continuing, fatigued, still feel a little dumbed down
4:00 PM head pressure starting, anxiety is still there
6:30 PM Some anxiety. extremely fatigued, 0 Motivation, took magnesium glycinate
7:00 PM 25mg lamotrigine
8:00 PM still feeling about the same, also pretty agitated. took 1.87mg mirt
10:00 PM fell asleep
130am Woke up, off and on light, broken sleep the rest of the night
5:00 AM awake and not able to sleep. headache, anxiety

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh, nice job Beardeddad22!  Bravo!  Your notes.

Times are still so tough for you now, and I'm so sorry.

You'll get back to waking up and feeling like yourself again and then this time, will all seem like a distant memory.

This is the first time I've seen headaches, in yesterdays note.

Fog and confusion better or worse since November 11th when you started the split Lamotrigine dose?

Any non-drug coping that helps?  What have you been able to try so far?  I know you are in the thick of symptoms, and it's hard to do much more than breathe sometimes.......but do tell, of any helpful coping you've found.

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

17 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

This is the first time I've seen headaches, in yesterdays note.

Hi thank you for your response. I have noted headaches on previous notes posted above as well and another one for today's notes I will post tomorrow. 

18 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Fog and confusion better or worse since November 11th when you started the split Lamotrigine dose?

I think I've been feeling about the same in that respect. I haven't noticed much of a change either way. Coupled with the fatigue it's been hard to function normally for a few weeks now even before the split. 

20 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Any non-drug coping that helps?  What have you been able to try so far?  I know you are in the thick of symptoms, and it's hard to do much more than breathe sometimes.......but do tell, of any helpful coping you've found.

I have always been consistent with meditation but as of late I've been finding it more difficult to complete a session. I still try however. I do throughout the day just focus on my breathing. Getting out of the house even if it's for just a ride in the car alone sometimes is helpful. I Have also been listening to binaural beats and of course always music (big fan of the 70's classics) throughout the day. Best medicine for me Is when I can be present and enjoy my wife and daughter but even that is proving to be a challenge lately. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

I'm really hoping this gets to a more manageable level soon whether it be holding at this dose and riding it out or making a change. All I know is it's going to be hard to keep a job at this rate. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

11/17/22

7:30 AM 25mg lamotrigine
8:00 AM Headache, anxiety, fatigue, took 800mg ibuprofen
9:00 AM headache feeling like it's subsiding. feeling just blah though, tired no motivation
11:45 AM dull headache, feel very solemn and dull.
1:00 PM headache came back
4:30 PM still have a headache . got a new job so feeling a little more uplifted but still pretty tired
7:30 PM ate dinner - considerable anxiety 25mg lamotrigine 
8:30 PM headache continuing took 1.87mg mirt
11:00 PM fell asleep - very light sleep
12:00 AM woke up - broke out in a sweat - intense anxiety
2:00 AM fell asleep
5:00 AM woke up.
5:30 AM fell asleep

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Moderator Emeritus
22 hours ago, Beardeddad22 said:

I'm really hoping this gets to a more manageable level soon whether it be holding at this dose and riding it out or making a change. All I know is it's going to be hard to keep a job at this rate.

Hey there.  I have read your other replies too, and thank you.  And I know......but don't let your mind wander there.  Stay in the day!  Stay in the day!

Bearded, would you consolidate the last three days of your daily symptom diary/notes into one post please, and thank you.

I think that will be really helpful for when Alto comes around again.

Stay strong my friend......we're getting close, you are getting closer to improved stability.  And oh my, you're doing strong and courageous now!  I wish you could get paid for that.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

3 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Hey there.  I have read your other replies too, and thank you.  And I know......but don't let your mind wander there.  Stay in the day!  Stay in the day!

I'm trying for me and my family. I really am! 

4 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Stay strong my friend......we're getting close, you are getting closer to improved stability.  And oh my, you're doing strong and courageous now!  I wish you could get paid for that.

I'm praying for stability every day. I just got an offer for a new job and could really really go for this anxiety to settle. I don't want to start taking clonazepam just to get out of bed and thru the day! A new job is already anxiety provoking as it is! 

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. It means a lot. I will follow up with this post with consolidating my past 3 days. Thank you so much again  

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

11/15/21

830pm Breathing issue starting again. Feels like I stop breathing and need to conciously take a breath in. Kind scary. Wonder if it's related to the melatonin, also happened when i was on a higher dose of Mirt as well
9:00 PM

fell asleep

11/16/21

5:00 AM woke up
5:45 AM Feeling anxious, foggy/pressure in head, really tired, scared feeling. Just want to wake up, and feel OK and have a good day. Feeling like I'll.never get that back, been bad since reinstatement
6:00 AM 25mg lamotrigine
7:30 AM out of bed, feeling confused and foggy in my head
10:00 AM fatigue, foggy head, unmotivated, anxiety
1:00 PM Anxiety continuing, fatigued, still feel a little dumbed down
4:00 PM head pressure starting, anxiety is still there
6:30 PM Some anxiety. extremely fatigued, 0 Motivation, took magnesium glycinate
7:00 PM 25mg lamotrigine
8:00 PM still feeling about the same, also pretty agitated. took 1.87mg mirt
10:00 PM fell asleep
130am Woke up, off and on light, broken sleep the rest of the night
5:00 AM awake and not able to sleep. headache, anxiety

11/17/21

7:30 AM 25mg lamotrigine
8:00 AM Headache, anxiety, fatigue, took 800mg ibuprofen
9:00 AM headache feeling like it's subsiding. feeling just blah though, tired no motivation
11:45 AM dull headache, feel very solemn and dull.
1:00 PM headache came back
4:30 PM still have a headache . got a new job so feeling a little more uplifted but still pretty tired
7:30 PM ate dinner - considerable anxiety 25mg lamotrigine.
8:30 PM headache continuing took 1.87mg mirt
11:00 PM fell asleep - very light sleep
12:00 AM woke up - broke out in a sweat - intense anxiety, near panic
2:00 AM fell asleep
5:00 AM woke up.
5:30 AM fell asleep

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

How often do you get headaches? How often do you get headaches after taking lamotrigine?

Please post more daily notes.

On 10/6/2021 at 8:12 AM, Beardeddad22 said:

Thank you @Onmyway,

Thank you for the reply. I tapered over 6 months from 22.5 and then jumped off at 1.87mg, I was doing ok until that final drop off. One of the worst symptoms aside from the chemical induced anxiety and depression is the histamine intolerance i've formed. I can't eat anything without exacerbating my wd symptoms or getting hives it's truly insane.

I get red itchy chest,  burning ears,  itchy eyes,  do you get any of these? It's awful.  Certain food gives me pain in my hands

- 10 mg lexparo 1.5 years

- ativan for panic 0.5 , never more than once daily and not everyday for 4 years.

-cold turkeyed in June 5 of 2021.

Buspar a few days and had severe muscle pain. July 26, 27, then 30 of 2021.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey there Beardeddad22,

The couple of days at a time, posted is so helpful.

And where have you been?  What's the last few days been like?

I am hoping you just got busy, and/or took a site break briefly.

We are not quite certain, on what might be the most beneficial change yet.

Your notes are great, and it is a valuable tool to use for getting a great picture of drug effects, and the before you take them, and after symptoms.

You should be just about acclimated to the split doses now, and then the separating the mirtazapine from the lamotrigine dosing, by the one hour.

So don't hold back.

On 11/18/2021 at 10:02 AM, Beardeddad22 said:

I'm praying for stability every day. I just got an offer for a new job and could really really go for this anxiety to settle. I don't want to start taking clonazepam just to get out of bed and thru the day! A new job is already anxiety provoking as it is! 

And yes, me too, putting it out there for you.  And good, good.  You've done really sparing thus far with the clonazepam. 

Waving my wand so to speak.....and so hope you are doing well enough.  Thank you for your patience with self and us.  You must be a great Dad, although you may not see that right now.  Carry on.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Hi all,

Sorry I've been MIA. I had to have an emergency surgery and have been recovering. Nothing major I'll be good. 

I havent been keeping up with my notes since then but I will start again.

I have noticed that my anxiety and depression have been kicked into high gear for the past month or so, and I seem to fall a bit deeper each day. It's a very hopeless feeling and I don't know what to do anymore. It wasn't nearly this bad before I came off at 3.75mg. I start a new job next week and am terrified about everything. I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

On 11/21/2021 at 11:49 PM, Foxclover6 said:

I get red itchy chest,  burning ears,  itchy eyes,  do you get any of these? It's awful.  Certain food gives me pain in my hands

I got it a lot when I came off mirtazipine completely originally. it was unbearable

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, Beardeddad22 said:

I have noticed that my anxiety and depression have been kicked into high gear for the past month or so, and I seem to fall a bit deeper each day. It's a very hopeless feeling and I don't know what to do anymore. It wasn't nearly this bad before I came off at 3.75mg. I start a new job next week and am terrified about everything. I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel

You have had and are having additional stressors at this time.  It's not unusual for things to worsen when this happens.

If you had anesthetic for your surgery and/or post surgery medication they can also make things worse.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/29/2021 at 8:53 AM, Beardeddad22 said:

Sorry I've been MIA. I had to have an emergency surgery and have been recovering. Nothing major I'll be good. 

I havent been keeping up with my notes since then but I will start again.

Okay and thank you.......yes, a little recovery time is in order from the surgery.

Were there any drugs used?

Very hard then, to sort out if the angst is coming from the surgery, and prior to that job change situation, and now pre-job jitters......or the change in your mirtazapine.

Yes, yes......Notes, notes.........you are a pro at them now.  Post them too, right here in a reply box.

Best Dad, and you got this, or I am rooting for your transition to the new job!  They'll be light soon enough.  Or maybe there has been some glimmers.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

• 9 months later...

Hi all.  Been a while.

Had a series of unfortunate family and life events that have kept me from tapering. I've been on 1.75mg for over 5 months now. Was feeling ok overall since holding but lately have been feeling very tired and not grounded. I haven't made any dosage changes and have just been sitting at 1.75 for a long time. Is it normal to kind of start feeling not a great after sitting at a tapered dose for months? Makes me nervous to make another change. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Moderator Emeritus

Q:  Have the life stressors been resolved; how long ago?

Q:  Have you been sick and/or taken a course of antibiotics?

Q:  Do you drink alcohol?

Q:  Have you been taking your doses at the same time every day?

Q:  Are you getting accurate doses?

Q:  How often are you using the clonazepam?

Q:  How is your sleep?

Q:  What symptoms have got worse?

Q:  What time of day do you take your drugs; please post listing the drug, dose and time taken?