Thegoat132: Dealing with Paxil

Thegoat132

So I was taking 10mg of Paxil for about a month & I stopped and tapered for a week , it’s been 3 months since my last dose and withdrawal symptoms haven’t ceased & I just need some advice want to know how long it’s going to take & no it’s not a relapse 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Thegoat132: Dealing with Paxil

Hi @Thegoat132,

What types of symptoms are you experiencing? Have you tried reinstating a small amount of Paxil (0.5-1mg per day?). Post-withdrawal can last a long time. What are the intensity of your symptoms? Whether you decide to reinstate a small amount might depend on this. 

Are you taking any other medications? 

Some drugs and supplements can interfere with metabolism and can also have psychotropic effects (antibiotics, steroids, some supplements, coffee, nicotine etc.). Withdrawal can also alter the response you have to medications you are already taking. It would be very helpful if you could create a drug history in your signature like this one. This link will take you directly to the signature. Signatures generally look like this: 

Example:

2001–2002 paroxetine 
2003  citalopram 
2004  paroxetine
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to 2016 Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg

This will allow any moderator or member to quickly see your history and where you are in your taper, and thus be able to help more easily without too much reading (most people here are volunteers and have other jobs).

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Remeron - 2004-2005 (bad withdrawal)

Clonazepam - 2005-2018 (jumped around March)

Olanzapine - 2014- late 2017

Domperidone - 2008-2018

Many drugs in between including Lexapro, other benzos and z-drugs.

Still suffering post-withdrawal from Clonazepam (Klonopin), Olanzapine and Domperidone.