SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

LotusRising

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

There was a moderator (hopefully I will remember with one and can find the post) they talked about symptoms like revamping a building.

Yes, I recall reading this also. I wish my nervous system would just give me an estimated time for completion lol

The back and forth is frustrating and makes me feel like it will never end. The pain in my teeth is definitely one of my worst symptoms. There's just no way to get relief. When I woke up this morning, I was already wishing for the day to end. I'm home with my two kids today and  really just want to lay in bed and cry 🥲 Having said that, I have had a shower and fed myself so I guess I'm winning at something today. 

One step in front of the other ...

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23 0.25mg - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate, vitamin D

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

@MedRN

I wished that everyday also, and one day it finally signed off on completion.

You are doing great. You've eaten, taken a shower and watching your kiddos. Bravo for you!

One foot in front of the other is exact, and you are doing it!

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

@MedRN

I know it's late in the day,  but wanted to check in on you.

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Doing a lot better :)  That little wave of teeth stuff lasted a total of 6 days, so a lot shorter than the first time around. Thankfully, it passed when I made my last drop. Felt really good yesterday and I'm keeping myself busy with little projects around the house. Right now, I'm heading out to stain our front step before it gets too hot. 

How is the heat there? We're supposedly about to get a bit of a heat wave - for us that means we may hit 30 celsius. I generally don't mind the heat, but I know my body isn't tolerating it as well during this process. 

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

Wow! Sounds like you are doing pretty well, staining the stairs? You can come do my deck when you are finished lol...

I'm glad that the teeth thing didn't last too long. That's a good sign that you are healing.

It is in the 80's Fahrenheit here but supposed to heat up to the high 90's again next week. Needless to say I stay inside with ac.

Hope you start feeling better every day!

@MedRN

Thought I would drop by and see how the weekend went? Hope it was wonderful.

@Frogie

It was good! We’re just finishing up a long weekend here and off to camp for another 4 days - hopefully missing the loads of other people by going midweek 😊 We have a niece visiting so we’re showing her the stuff we love to do. 

I hope you had a nice weekend too ☀️

@MedRN

That's wonderful! Have fun camping and with your niece.

Sounds like you are doing really well. I'm glad to hear that.

@Frogie

Yes, I feel like I’m doing much better. I do seem to be getting a lot of interdose withdrawal - I can really get a sense for it now that I’ve slowed everything down. Pretty hesitant to make any changes at this point, but have you known others to make changes this far in?

• Administrator

@MedRN how are you feeling interdose withdrawal?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata

I can feel when the medication starts to “wear off”. Symptoms kick in an hour or so before my next dose time, sometimes at the time of my dose and then takes an hour, sometimes two before passing. 

It could also be that I’m quickly metabolizing the smaller doses as well. What do you think?

On 1/26/2022 at 1:59 PM, MedRN said:

Hi @Frogie

Just a couple questions/concerns:

Not feeling so great today. For the last week or so I have barely had an appetite, as I think I've mentioned. I'm sure all the abdominal tightening has had an affect on that. I am trying to eat small meals frequently, but now I'm getting diarrhea. The diarrhea and lack of appetite has me a little concerned, as I don't weight much to begin with.  I see from the site that lots of people have digestive issues - just wondering to your knowledge, is this something that comes and goes? I didn't have any previous gut issues and was taking probiotics and digestive enzymes. This week I have added in kefir to see if I can replenish some good bacteria and also some ginger tea to help with any inflammation. Do you have any other ideas? I was going to add in some L-glutamine for my gut, but I see some people have had bad reactions from it. I'm also going to try taking digestive enzymes again. Hopefully, no reactions to them. 

Also, my heart rate is going up to 135 just walking up the stairs, but I'm assuming this will pass. Do you think any of these new symptoms could be attributed to the quicker pace of the taper?

Sorry, lots of questions today 😣

hey how are your digestive issues now?? Did they go away naturally with time? I am going through the same. All of a sudden no appetite, heartburn, stomach pain, constipation & dry retching.

did the digestive enzymes help you

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

On 1/26/2022 at 3:37 PM, Frogie said:

@MedRN

I was probably the exception to the rule, as I usually am.

Hopefully you can get it under control. Moving around a lot will cause it too if you already have gut issues.

It is hard not having an appetite. I went through that. Now I'm on weight watchers because I went the other way! LOL...

I’m all of a sudden having no appetite, dry retching, stomach pain, constipation sometimes, a “full” feeling. I feel horrible. Did you have these symptoms??

@peaceandlove

Sorry to hear you’re feeling so bad!

My digestion is 100% back to normal and it came back all on its own  👍🏻

I didn’t have any dry retching, but I did have stomach pains at times, though for me it was gas pains and I took gas-x, which helped. The no appetite thing hung around for a number of weeks and I had constipation during that time as well - my whole digestive system essentially shut right down. Not only was I not hungry, but if I did eat, I had the “full” feeling and couldn’t go to the bathroom. When I ate, I just made sure to eat nutrient dense foods as much as possible.

Rest assured, it will pass.

And yes, once my digestion started back up, I felt the digestive enzymes helped. 

17 minutes ago, MedRN said:

@peaceandlove

Sorry to hear you’re feeling so bad!

My digestion is 100% back to normal and it came back all on its own  👍🏻

I didn’t have any dry retching, but I did have stomach pains at times, though for me it was gas pains and I took gas-x, which helped. The no appetite thing hung around for a number of weeks and I had constipation during that time as well - my whole digestive system essentially shut right down. Not only was I not hungry, but if I did eat, I had the “full” feeling and couldn’t go to the bathroom. When I ate, I just made sure to eat nutrient dense foods as much as possible.

Rest assured, it will pass.

And yes, once my digestion started back up, I felt the digestive enzymes helped. 

Thank you for reply. how many months did it take to get back to normal??

which degistive enzymes do you take? & do you take probiotics as well?

sorry for all the questions I’m new to this

@peaceandlove

No problem at all. Happy to help however I can.

It lasted around 6 weeks for me, slowly coming back on its own. 

I took enzymedica digest basic, which I was able to order off of Amazon. I did try probiotics, but had thought maybe I had a reaction, so instead, I supplemented with kefir and coconut milk yogurt. 

I drank a lot of protein smoothies and would eat a few bites of whatever  my family was eating also. If you’re having reflux, I’d avoid dairy as much as possible. It can make reflux worse. 

• Administrator
11 hours ago, MedRN said:

It could also be that I’m quickly metabolizing the smaller doses as well. What do you think?

Very possible. What is your current dosing schedule?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

10 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What is your current dosing schedule?

@Altostrata

I’m dosing 0400/1000/1600/2200 

@MedRN

I believe you are metabolizing the small doses faster. However, you were a fast metabolizer when we set up this schedule when you were first starting out. 

I just don't want to tell you to stop when you are on almost 0.05 mg still. I stopped at that amount of Lexapro and regret it.

You could try tapering 0.01 ml a day and see if that helps. @Greatful is doing this and having little problems.

Just be sure to keep notes for the next few days so we can see how you are doing.

23 hours ago, MedRN said:

@peaceandlove

No problem at all. Happy to help however I can.

It lasted around 6 weeks for me, slowly coming back on its own. 

I took enzymedica digest basic, which I was able to order off of Amazon. I did try probiotics, but had thought maybe I had a reaction, so instead, I supplemented with kefir and coconut milk yogurt. 

I drank a lot of protein smoothies and would eat a few bites of whatever  my family was eating also. If you’re having reflux, I’d avoid dairy as much as possible. It can make reflux worse. 

thank you

@Frogie

I'm currently reducing on every 4th day, so I think I might just try to hang tight for a while longer. I still get an increase in symptoms with every reduction, so speeding things up worries me a little. Honestly, I'm just scared of making things worse when symptoms are mostly manageable.

@MedRN

Sorry it's taking me so long to get back to you. I was out sick.

I don't blame you with not wanting to "rock the boat". If you are comfortable doing it every 4 days then stay on track. 

You really are doing so much better than you were! Hope the kiddos are doing well😊

Oh no! I feel like you were just sick @Frogie

Hope you're feeling better.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. I sort of know what to expect, so if I speed it up, I'm afraid of making things worse. I'm still not fully functional, but I'm certainly doing well. I am loving the sun and the heat - summer always makes me feel good, so even on the worst days, at least I can still see the sun out there :) 

Kids are great! Loving the sleep-ins and late nights. They will be gone for a week and it will be the first time ever that we'll be without them 🥲 It will be so strange, but we're going to see if we can figure out a last minute get away to Waterton. 

@MedRN

Bad case of the stomach flu, then throw in wd symptoms and you have a mess lol... But I am on the mend thanks. I haven't been sick for 4-5 years and it seems like everything has hit me this year. Now, hopefully I'm done.

I don't blame you one bit about just doing what you have been doing. You know exactly what to expect (well most of the time) and how to deal with it. I like the sun, but it's too hot to enjoy. But I love the snow. I love to watch it come down. So peaceful. I hope you can get outside and enjoy soaking up some Vitamin D.

Sounds like you and your hubby are in for a treat. Get away and enjoy yourselves while the kiddos are gone and you feel up to it. I don't know where Waterton is, I'll have to google it. Sounds like an enjoyable trip none the less😊

Good to hear you're on the mend!

Waterton is in Alberta, just north of Montana, though I think it might extend into the US, but can't remember. It's a national park with lots of hiking, outdoorsy, sightseeing type of stuff. It will likely be hard to find a reservation, but definitely gonna try. If there's one thing I've learned from all of this, it's you've got to get out and enjoy life while you can.

I had family that lived in Red Lodge, Montana. So you live close to the US?

You will enjoy yourself in whatever you do!

@Frogie

We’re sort of close.  

I think Red Lodge is near Yellowstone, which for us, is an 11 1/2 drive (we’ve done it), whereas Waterton is about 3hrs. I guess it depends on your definition of close lol. I love roadtrips, so

I don’t mind the driving …

2 hours ago, MedRN said:

@Frogie

We’re sort of close.  

I think Red Lodge is near Yellowstone, which for us, is an 11 1/2 drive (we’ve done it), whereas Waterton is about 3hrs. I guess it depends on your definition of close lol. I love roadtrips, so

I don’t mind the driving …

Have a fun and safe trip wherever you go!

@MedRN

Just thought I would check in with you before I leave for the day. Off to take my mother in law on some errands!

Hope you are enjoying your vacation and were able to go where you wanted to.

@Frogie

Yes, we were able to get away for a couple days, just back yesterday. It was nice to get away - definitely helps to take my mind off of everything else. The weather was really nice and we saw so much, even a couple bears - though thankfully, from the truck :) 

Feeling a little sad and emotional today, but I suppose part of that is post-vacation blues - back to the reality of life. My ears are ringing a ton today and I can hear a little heartbeat in both my ears, so frustrating. I guess I will put some music on to drown it out a bit ...

How are you? Is it still really hot?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Frogiehow are you doing? Feels like I haven't heard from you in a while.

Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in and say hello, as I see you are also Canadian. It sounds like you had a nice vacation. 

Effexor XR: 1998-2000, 2003-2008. Pooped out. 

Celexa: 2004-2007, Topamax: 2004-2007, Lamictal: 2004-2006. 

Cipralex 20mg: 2008-2021. Foolishly ct’d July 2021. Had delayed withdrawal. 

Bupropion 150XL 2004-2006, 2013-present, taken at 6am

Seroquel 25mg: 2008-present, taken 9pm

Alprazolam 0.5mg: 2014-2022. Crossed over to 10mg diazepam for tapering as per Ashton. 
Diazepam: 3.5mg at 6am and 5pm (as of Dec 31, 2022). 

Hi @Untethered

Thanks for popping in! Always nice to see another fellow Canadian. I DID have a very nice vacation! It's always nice to get away - even just back in May, I never would have thought I'd be where I am, so I'm incredibly grateful.

I see you are crossing over to diazepam - how is that going?

It’s been rough, to be honest. But it’s too late to turn back now. I don’t think my system can handle another change. Thanks for asking 😊 

Effexor XR: 1998-2000, 2003-2008. Pooped out. 

Celexa: 2004-2007, Topamax: 2004-2007, Lamictal: 2004-2006. 

Cipralex 20mg: 2008-2021. Foolishly ct’d July 2021. Had delayed withdrawal. 

Bupropion 150XL 2004-2006, 2013-present, taken at 6am

Seroquel 25mg: 2008-present, taken 9pm

Alprazolam 0.5mg: 2014-2022. Crossed over to 10mg diazepam for tapering as per Ashton. 
Diazepam: 3.5mg at 6am and 5pm (as of Dec 31, 2022). 

@Untethered  I had considered crossing over to diazepam, but decided I didn't want to encounter further problems, so have stayed with alprazolam.  It's more work, dosing three times a day, but I've resigned myself to it.  I'm just hoping I can hold on for another three years.  These WD side effects can be debilitating.

I wish you well on your journey.

Terry

2007 - 2008          Paxil and Klonopin

2008 - 2012           Mirtazapine following CT from Klonopin and Paxil.  

2012                       Unsuccessful taper of mirtazapine; reinstated.     

7/2013 - 1/2014   Successfully tapered mirtazapine from 7.5 mg to 0.00.

Sertraline (Zoloft) Taper  Aug 4, 2017 - July 18, 2021 - Current dose 0.00

Alprazolam (Xanax)  July 19, 2017 - Nov 15, 2021 0.25 mg.

Began 10% taper  Nov 16, 2021 - 0.25  Jan 11, 2022 - 0.203;  Jan 13, 2023 - 0.0499;  Jan 21, 2024 - 0.0137;  Mar 17, 2024 - 0.0099;  Taper is 96% complete.

@MedRN

So sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. 

I hope you are doing ok? How was vacation? The kiddos? Are they back in school?

Let me know if I can help/answer any questions for you😊