Tingling/paresthesias/panic attacks

LotusRising

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I have searched the forum and not found the answer.

I am recently into my 6th week of being off of antidepressants. I tried a reinstatement of buspar 5 days ago, but had a huge flare up of symptoms and stopped after two days. Specifically, the "pins and needles/tingling" was only occurring in my scalp, was only mild and occurring at night time and my anxiety had lessened to some degree before trying to reinstate. Now, I am experiencing pins and needles more frequently and in more areas. I am also getting panic attacks out of nowhere. My doctor seems particularly concerned about the tingling and is sending me for a neuro consult. Has anyone else had a similar experience? 

My mind is of course going to worst-case scenarios (Multiple sclerosis), but I also did not have the tingling before I started antidepressants, which leads me to believe that this is just withdrawal symptoms.

thank you for any feedback,

MedRN

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy