Awahou: Paxil 22 years

Awahou

any advice on paxil withdrawal and how long it took also discontinuation systems when stopped and how long.

Edited by ChessieCat
deitalicised
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Awahou: Paxil 22 years
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Awahou and welcome to SA,

Q:  Are you currently taking Paxil?

Q:  Have you attempted to stop / taper Paxil either recently or in the past?  Please post telling us about your experience/s.

Please create your drug signature following these instructions.  We need more details about your drug & supplement history; drug name, dates and doses.  Whenever you make a change please update your signature so that we can see this information at a glance.  Thank you.

how-to-summarize-your-drug-history-in-your-signature

Once we have more information we will be better able to assist you.

This is your own Introduction topic.  Each member has only one.  This is the best place to ask questions about your own situation and where you can journal your progress, both good and bad (this can be good to look back on).  It keeps your history in one place and means that you do not have to repeat your story.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi started on prozac 1997 had severe depression over the year changed me to Paxil and stayed on it for the last 20years!

2017 decided to taper off paxil felt like I didn't need or want to be on it anymore working alongside my doc at the time..started a slow taper but kept having horrendous symptoms.  Got down to 10mg but couldn't come off so March 2020 my doc put me on citalaopram 10mg and I crashed big time had to take diazepam. 

Decided to put me up to 20mg in July 2020 and haven't been right since.

Moved away and went to new doc Oct 2020 and he told me to increase to 40mg.

U believe because of the years I was on paxil I am still having discontinued symptoms 😢

August 2021 doc Decided to change me to zoloft started me on 50mg and upped me to 100mg....have had every side effect possible now week 7 and had some good days but more bad.  Dealing with sensory symptoms all the time. 

going back to doc tomorrow. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for providing more details about your drug history.

As requested please summarise it like the following, only drug name, date, dose.  There is no need to add the reason for the change or any symptoms, you have already provided that above.  Just drug information is required.  Please make sure that you state the very last dose you took of a drug.

Prozac:  date, dose; date, dose; date, dose;

Paxil: date, dose; date, dose; date, dose;

Citalopram: date, dose; date, dose; date, dose;

Diazepam:  date, dose; date, dose; date, dose;

Zoloft:  date, dose; date, dose; date, dose;

Please use this as a template.  Click on this link which will take you to your drug signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Type the information in the box and then click on Save which is underneath the box.

Thank you.

I will ask the other mods for their assistance.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

Welcome, @Awahou

16 hours ago, Awahou said:

August 2021 doc Decided to change me to zoloft started me on 50mg and upped me to 100mg....have had every side effect possible now week 7 and had some good days but more bad.  Dealing with sensory symptoms all the time. 

What symptoms do you have now? How's your sleep?

Do you feel better on Zoloft than on citalopram? How long did you take diazepam?

What times o'clock do you take your drugs (all drugs), with their dosages? How do you feel before and after each dose?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.