SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

carissah1689: Cymbalta and Lamictal - Ready to make a change. Nervous though.

carissah1689

Hi everyone. 

I’m new and as such I’m nervous. I’m looking to reduce my current med dosages:

cymbalta (duloxetine 60mg) 120mg

lamictal (lamotrigine 100mg) 250mg

I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety around 15 and was on and off Zoloft for years until I had my son at 29 (2018). I then developed postpartum depression and my meds were switched to the listing above. 

3 years later and I’m feeling so much better. New job and the realization(diagnosed in childhood but I forgot I had it) that I have ADHD and certain things make sense regarding that. 

So I want to taper off my high med dosages. I hate knowing I’m on such high amounts and I’m in a better place mentally that I want to taper off. 

So, where do I start? What med do I start with first? Thank you 💜

Edited by ChessieCat
added spacing
  • ChessieCat changed the title to carissah1689: Cymbalta and Lamictal - Ready to make a change. Nervous though.
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi carissah1689 and welcome aboard,

Try not to be nervous, and there, there......you are just getting started.

We do need you to create a signature, and include all the drugs that you are currently on now.

How to Summarize Your Drug History in Your Signature

just click on the underlined passage, and then try to do like the example given there.  In that link it will also link you up to the place where you create your signature.  When done, just click SAVE.  Best done from a PC.  Note-this is different from the information you gave on registration, and will appear below all your subsequent posts.

We can do our best to help you with your goals further, when that is done.

And best.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays(mmt)

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing