rachel3145's sister: urgent - bad rehab from Zyprexa

rachel3145

rache3135's brother joined up on her behalf and the SA membership is now rachel herself. 

See:

1 hour ago, rachel3145 said:

my brother gave me the username and password for the account and now i own it

Hi All

I'm speaking on behalf of my sister. she is taking Zyprexa for about 5 years on and off and in the last year she taking in with no stops at all.

she decided on her own to do a rehab from Zyprexa 5mg in a very bad way.. and now she is in a world of pain!

she went straight  down to half of a pill for only 4 days! then after only 4 days she went down to nothing!

she feels: 

1. very strong headache

2. very bad pain in her bones

3. crazy anxiety

4. she feels hot then feels cold

5. cannot function in any way

i started to give her omega3 with vitamin E and also magnesium is that ok at this stage?

yesterday she decided to go up to half pill but still no effect on the symptoms...

do you think that she needs to go up for 1 pill (her original dose) again or stay at half a pill few more days? when she suppose to feel better?

i know from reading in this forum that she did a very dumb rehab.. please help!

thanks you very much.

Edited by ChessieCat
added note about the account now being rachel's

2013 Seroxat 20mg
2017 Zyprexa
 5mg
Viepax 74mg
2021 Zyprexa Nov 5mg fast Nov  fast taper down to half pill

2021 Zyprexa Nov 5mg reinstate 

• ChessieCat changed the title to rachel3145: URGENT - bad rehab from Zyprexa

Hi Rachel, 

welcome to SA. I am so sorry to hear about your sister. 

For someone who has come off of a drug recently, reinstatement is the  best way to deal with withdrawal effects. If she has only been lowering her dose for 8 days (4 days + 4 days) then I'd advise to go back on the full dose. If she decides to come off of the drug after stabilizing on the full dose, she can do it slowly at no more than 10% of her previous dose every four weeks. 

Here is some more information 

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

Why taper by 10% of my dosage? - Tapering - Surviving Antidepressants

Why taper? SERT transporter occupancy studies show importance of gradual change in plasma concentration - Tapering - Surviving Antidepressants

Hope this helps. With reinstatement, hopefully her symptoms will resolve in a week or two. Then you can decide how to proceed. 

Hope she feels better soon. Please have her update us on how she is doing. 

I appreciate that you are trying to help and it's very sweet of you but in general we would like to communicate with her rather than a relative/friend for more advice. It helps us understand the real issues better. 

OMW

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

thank you very much for the reply.

we went up now to the full dose of 1 pill, we will keep you up to date with how she feels.

i hope that the next post will be written by my sister herself.

her goal is to rehab from all 3 psychiatric drugs that she is currently taking, she is now understand how difficult and a very slow process it should be and she want to do it right next time, we will consult with this forum on every step from now on.

thank you!

2013 Seroxat 20mg
2017 Zyprexa
 5mg
Viepax 74mg

On 11/13/2021 at 5:46 PM, rachel3145 said:

i know from reading in this forum that she did a very dumb rehab

It's only dumb if she was given information about the effects of such a taper and still did it. If she was not given information about the effects it's reasonable of her to not assume  there would be potentially long term life altering effects on the extreme negative side because if there was the "health care" professionals or at least someone would have informed her about it. A kid is not dumb for putting the hand on the stove if noone has warned that that's a place in the kitchen that can burn. While it is feasible to figure out that the chemicals are toxic, that the psychiatrists aren't working for her and even that a taper is necessary like she did it really requires a lot to come to realize you need months or years to taper off, that the smallest sold dose of a rather uncuttable pill is magnitudes too large to jump from and that that information is actively being withheld from her. I don't think this forum in any way intends to give the impression that a first failed taper has any bearing on dumbness, other than potential biological effects from the pill or it's withdrawal. For a "rookie" the system is inconceivably shrewd and the withdrawals inconceivably long and severe potentially. But let's hope for the best for your sister, it can vary.

You didn't state how long she's been on 0 mg before reinstating. That effects recommended reinstatement level. Zyprexa concentration builds up over about 4 days, it can take longer to feel the effects and getting stability. But if an updose intuitively feels like it isn't helping at all an hour after dosing on day 2 and if the drop was only a short time I would before going to bed on that second day actually quickly updose another notch.

A week of oxazepam 10mg with 1 day of zopiclone 7.5mg and concurrent Zyprexa totalling: 10mg 25 days , 7.5mg 18 days, 5mg 14 days, 2.5mg 11 days,  10x0mg + 4x1mg. Very bad condition reinstated: zyprexa 7.5mg zopiclone 8.5mg, 25mg Propiomazine. Next day 5mg Z. Then 6 months taper to nothing but Zyprexa and 0.0mg again. 6 days 0mg. Reinstated 0.12mg x2 days. 23 june: 0.25mg. 29 june: 0.12mg. 8th and 9th july 2020 also tried 0.375mg Melatonin. 9 july 0.16mg. Made an error of judgement in august and was forced on various drugs in hospital mainly landing on: Abilify injections + pills for a daily total of 5-15 mg (for 2½ month) + zyprexa 3 days of 10mg mostly 2.5mg but started cheating. 14 oct 2020 only zyprexa and due to cheating earlier able to go 0.31mg! 30 oct 0.21mg, 13 nov 0.14mg, 28 nov 0.10mg, 14 dec 0.07mg, 04 jan 2021 0.035mg, 25 jan 0.017mg, 4 feb 2021 0.000 mg

• ChessieCat changed the title to rachel3145: urgent - bad rehab from Zyprexa
  • Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, rachel3145 said:

i hope that the next post will be written by my sister herself.

Hello rachel and welcome to SA,

It is nice that you have researched and gained the information for your sister.

Please get your sister to create her own membership so the we can work directly with her.  Once she has done this, she needs to post in this topic which you created and we will change the topic name to her name.  This way it was be less confusing.

I realise that it was due to the urgency that you acted on behalf of your sister.  However it is very difficult for staff to work through a third party so it would be best for your sister to join as soon as she is able to.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• ChessieCat changed the title to rachel3145's sister: urgent - bad rehab from Zyprexa
  • Administrator

Hello, @rachel3145. What is the dosage of one pill? How does your sister feel now? 

Yes, it would be best if she would make an account so we can ask her these questions directly.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi this is Rachel.

my brother gave me the username and password for the account and now i own it.

i want to thank everyone for the support, i have a long way to go.

the dosage of one pill is 5mg, and im feeling a little bit better except for a hard  dizziness that i hope will go away in the next few days.

after i will get myself straight i want to start a rehab from whole 3 pills that im taking: Zyprexa, Seroxat, Viepax.

which one should i try first? the Viepax is the newest that im taking only for a year so i should start with that?

Zyprexa 4 years

Seroxat about 7 years

2013 Seroxat 20mg
2017 Zyprexa
 5mg
Viepax 74mg

• Administrator

Hello, @rachel3145, good to hear from you. Thank you, Rachel's caring brother.

Rachel, what times o'clock do you take each of your drugs, with their dosages? To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

That is an impressive drug cocktail. What was your original problem?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Viepax 74mg and Seroxat 20mg im taking in the morning and  Zyprexa 5mg i take at night.
my original issue is PTSD.

i will update my signature soon.

2013 Seroxat 20mg
2017 Zyprexa
 5mg
Viepax 74mg

• 9 months later...

How are u there, Rachel?

I'm from Israel and looking for some peers, maybe to do a support group...

Let me know if u interstand.

Best

Adama

July 11'- Cipralex 10 mg
August 15'- stop for three months- October 15'- back to Cipralex 15 mg
May 2017 - decrease to 10 mg
August 18'- taper Cipralex - 5 mg, for a few months, then a quarter of a pill for two weeks then stop Cipralex in the end of Aug 18'- end of September 18'- appearance of withdrawal symptoms, back on AD after four months of emotional rollercoaster
January 19'- starting sertraline (Seranda) 100 mg March 19'- back to Cipralex 10 mg (Serenada didn't work for me)
April 19'- increase to 15 mg Cipralex June 19' - increase to 20 Cipralex 10/2019- change to Prisma (Prozac) 40 mg + startinf Wellbutrin 150 Nov. 20'- decrease to Prisma 20 Feb. 20 - off Wellbutrin, staying Prisma 20 mg -Sept. 21'- switch to Brintlix 10' due to sex issues side affects January 22'- unstable emotionally, increase to Brintlix 20 mg
June 22'- still unstable, Brintlix 20'+ adding a quarter Miro (Mirtazpin) at night (7.5 mg);  July 22'- Brintlix apprently didn't work for me, switching to Viepax XR 150 (Venefelxin) + Miro 7.5 ; August 22'- due to side affects switching to Duloxetine sandoz 30 mg + Miro 7.5

15.08.22- tapering Miro (mirtazapine) 3.5, continue Duloxetine 30 mg

23.08.22- off Miro, on Duloxetine 30 mg 31.08.22- having withdrawl symptoms- back on 3.5 Miro for slow reducing

22.12.22- off miro, on Duloxetine 30 mg

yes i would love to be in touch with you, please contact me via PM.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed phone number

2013 Seroxat 20mg
2017 Zyprexa
 5mg
Viepax 74mg

• Moderator Emeritus

@rachel3145  I've removed your phone number from the post and changed it to please contact me via PM.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management