SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

OptimisticRP: hello - my story help me

OptimisticRP

11 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please explain what this means

What is your daily symptom pattern? How do you feel when you wake up?

So on Prozac for the 1.5 year I felt better but still had panic attacks. 
got off of it in 2 months and felt fine. Just had stomach issues and then some anxiety and weird feelings 2 months later but nothing severe. Zoloft next 7 days - nausea and felt gross - got off in a couple days. Lexapro next 5mg fine for the first week 1 panic attack - second week on 10MG severe anxiety everyday. Panic attacks to the point of vomiting. But then those went away and I just didn’t feel it was helping my GAD so I got off of it in the span of 1.5 week after being on for 4 weeks. 

celexa 8 days severe severe severe  headaches and a little zombie- so I stopped C/Tish I started on 20MG and then got off by taking 10 every other day for two days. I then was told by my doctor to go back on Prozac 20MG cause I tolerated it best but I took that for 4 days and then stopped because I read all about this stuff and got scared   A week later anhedonia and sexual problems and now a month later this stuff. 

The last week it’s constant anxiety - up and down. 
Wake up: shaking like uncontrollable twitching when you yawn but I’m not yawning and super anxious - worrying about how I’m gonna eat - I go force myself some food and feel worse like I’m gonna vomit. Over the day it slowly gets better till like 4 it seems - however, blunted emotions - sexual dysfunction- super anxiety and nausea and twitching -  and this leads to negative thoughts of “will I ever be okay” “will I be able to attend school this coming month” and it’s just awful. And when the anxiety and stuff isn’t there I feel blank.  

@Altostrata

ProzacNovember 2019: 10MG start

January 2021: up to 60MG 

march 2021: Valium everyday 2MG twice a day for a month or after that take as needed 

April 2021-May: taper to 0MG

June 2021: Zoloft 7 days and ween off. 
August 2021: escitalopram 5MG-10MG

August 2021: Propanol 10MG-20MG as needed 

September 2021: weened off escitalopram over a week.

October 30th: Citalopram 20MG 

November 10th: stopped - 10MG 2 days. 
November 14th: Prozac 20MG

November 18th: stop C/T 

@Altostratai hope I explained that well ^^

march 2021: Valium everyday 2MG twice a day for a month or after that take as needed 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, OptimisticRP said:

I then was told by my doctor to go back on Prozac 20MG cause I tolerated it best but I took that for 4 days and then stopped

You took Prozac after clear adverse reactions from Lexapro and Celexa. How did you feel while you were taking Prozac this time and after you stopped?

1 hour ago, OptimisticRP said:

So on Prozac for the 1.5 year I felt better but still had panic attacks. 

60mg Prozac is a high dose. How did you feel while you were taking this amount? In what way did it make you feel better? Were these panic attacks like ones you had before you went on antidepressants?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

6 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You took Prozac after clear adverse reactions from Lexapro and Celexa. How did you feel while you were taking Prozac this time and after you stopped?

60mg Prozac is a high dose. How did you feel while you were taking this amount? In what way did it make you feel better? Were these panic attacks like ones you had before you went on antidepressants?

So, I wanted relief from my anxiety and stuff so after the lexapro the 3 week break I took herbs and felt fine but i got worse- so I tried citalopram and as I said what happened - so my NP- said “go back to Prozac, you’re spiraling and take the Valium as needed to help” but I only took the 20MG Prozac for 4 days and just stopped. I didn’t feel any different at the time still blunted and sexual problems so I said **** it’s gonna make me worse so I stopped taking it……..so the Prozac helped a lot with the GAD. I was calmer and could go out easier, could eat again, I had issues with eating in the past from being  so anxious and stressed however my panic disorder got continually worse.  So 🤷🏻‍♂️ at 60 2 months in I got the worst panic attack going out with my ex GF so I got Valium and decided to ween off of Prozac. 

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, OptimisticRP said:

so the Prozac helped a lot with the GAD. I was calmer and could go out easier, could eat again

Are you talking about the the 20mg Prozac you took for 4 days after 20mg citalopram for 11 days? When did you take 20mg Prozac?

It sounds like increasing to 60mg Prozac was excessive for you, causing symptoms similar to a panic attack. This is what we would expect when dosage of an antidepressant is too high.

You also had adverse effects from Zoloft, Lexapro, and Celexa. This probably is because the adverse effects of too much Prozac sensitized your nervous system to the other SSRIs. It's very possible you'll be sensitized to antidepressants for a very long time. You may also have withdrawal syndrome -- one common symptom is surges of anxiety -- but my guess is it's from going off Prozac in May, not from anything you've taken since.

2 hours ago, OptimisticRP said:

The last week it’s constant anxiety - up and down. 
Wake up: shaking like uncontrollable twitching when you yawn but I’m not yawning and super anxious - worrying about how I’m gonna eat - I go force myself some food and feel worse like I’m gonna vomit. Over the day it slowly gets better till like 4 it seems - however, blunted emotions - sexual dysfunction- super anxiety and nausea and twitching -  and this leads to negative thoughts of “will I ever be okay” “will I be able to attend school this coming month” and it’s just awful. And when the anxiety and stuff isn’t there I feel blank.  

Withdrawal and nervous system sensitization can cause you to have a bad reaction to the your normal morning rise in cortisol. See Waking with panic or anxiety -- managing the morning cortisol spike

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see

https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you. Please let us know how you’re doing.

this leads to negative thoughts of “will I ever be okay” “will I be able to attend school this coming month” and it’s just awful.

This is under your control. You'll need to manage this tendency to anxiety, it will make your symptoms worse. See 

Apathy, anhedonia, emotional numbness, emotional anesthesia 

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

"Is it always going to be like this?"

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

3 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Are you talking about the the 20mg Prozac you took for 4 days after 20mg citalopram for 11 days? When did you take 20mg Prozac?

It sounds like increasing to 60mg Prozac was excessive for you, causing symptoms similar to a panic attack. This is what we would expect when dosage of an antidepressant is too high.

You also had adverse effects from Zoloft, Lexapro, and Celexa. This probably is because the adverse effects of too much Prozac sensitized your nervous system to the other SSRIs. It's very possible you'll be sensitized to antidepressants for a very long time. You may also have withdrawal syndrome -- one common symptom is surges of anxiety -- but my guess is it's from going off Prozac in May, not from anything you've taken since.

Withdrawal and nervous system sensitization can cause you to have a bad reaction to the your normal morning rise in cortisol. See Waking with panic or anxiety -- managing the morning cortisol spike

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see

https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you. Please let us know how you’re doing.

This is under your control. You'll need to manage this tendency to anxiety, it will make your symptoms worse. See 

Apathy, anhedonia, emotional numbness, emotional anesthesia 

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

"Is it always going to be like this?"

So the 20MG reinstatement after the celexa did nothing and was only for 4 days.  

I had a few panic attacks before going on meds which what made me get on meds……..the 60MG I felt fine just had bad panic sometimes - 40MG I felt the best- but still had panic when I would go out in public sometimes so we thought best to keep raising.  You said months they should get better right ? I keep getting so nauseous. And it’s so difficult - I feel like I’m losing my life. And then I keep thinking if I recover I’m only 21. Will I recover by 23 24? But still not be able to have sex and stuff? My life was good….. great even 😔 I took so much for granted now that I look back on it. 

@Altostratai don’t want my life to be ruined 😔 or delayed…. It’s hard too my family doesn’t understand. 

@Altostrata @Kiasofia How do I talk to my parents or make them understand ? They keep saying I’m just mentally not well and that I’m not fighting hard enough. And also I’m thinking ab lamactal - unless you think I’ll heal without anything. 

my fam doesn’t understand

23 hours ago, OptimisticRP said:

. I talked to 2 doctors they said “6 weeks you’ll be fine” “you’re spiraling, I think OCD and maybe bipolar 2” when I only had anxiety problems.  “These medicines can’t cause those problems” “I have prescribed medicine for 30 years and I have never seen this issue”

This is the common experience and why this forum exists. Diagnosing someone who is taking a psychoactive substance and/or in withdrawal from a psychoactive substance with mental illness is like diagnosing a drunk person based on their symptoms. It makes no sense. But most doctors do not understand these drugs and their affects.

How to talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal? What to expect?

23 hours ago, OptimisticRP said:

you think the sexual symptoms will go as well?

Yes, but that takes time, time and more time. Reinstatement doesn't seem to help relieve this symptom.

Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction (PSSD)

How do I talk to my parents or make them understand ? They keep saying I’m just mentally not well and that I’m not fighting hard enough.

You can perhaps ask them to read: http://cepuk.org/ and  Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker (interview)

These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I have learned, not medical advice.

Drug history

2002-2019 Citalopram/Escitalopram, Lamictal
2019 April Escitalopram, quit at 10mg (withdrawal), Oct Escitalopram 10mg reinstated, quit after a few days (adverse reaction)

2019 Oct Lamictal cut from 200mg to 100mg
2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

2020 Aug-Nov Lamictal tapered to 50 mg

2020 Nov 24 Lithium taper started, 30 Jan off Lithium

2021 15. March-31. May Lamictal tapered to 32.5 mg (holding)

2022 10. Jan started taking 25mg+5mg+2mg+0.5 liquid, 22. Jan went back to taking 25mg+5mg+half 5mg

7 minutes ago, Kiasofia said:

This is the common experience and why this forum exists. Diagnosing someone who is taking a psychoactive substance and/or in withdrawal from a psychoactive substance with mental illness is like diagnosing a drunk person based on their symptoms. It makes no sense. But most doctors do not understand these drugs and their affects.

How to talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal? What to expect?

Yes, but that takes time, time and more time. Reinstatement doesn't seem to help relieve this symptom.

Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction (PSSD)

You can perhaps ask them to read: http://cepuk.org/ and  Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker (interview)

I don’t care as much about PSSD. I just wanna be able to function and eat go to school and have emotions again. 

with my specific situation what’s your opinion on lamactal? 

Any-tips on eating and nausea ?

unsure if my parents would even watch it……hard to convince them. 

This is brutal 

@Kiasofia @Altostrata

@Kiasofia @Altostrataseeing psychiatrist in a week. Thinking about lamactal to maybe help - so I can eat more and stay in school 

@Altostrata.  @Kiasofia also I forgot to ask do I put suppliments I tried too ? 

@Altostrata@Kiasofia I have been saying it all wrong * Lamotrigine* is what I meant. Based off of my specific situation. 

the constant nausea and anxiety - is the worst symptoms - I just ordered Magnesium and melatonin. 

• Administrator

We cannot predict when you will recover, and we have no instant fixes.

Did you ever take your drugs inconsistently, such as skip days?

If you felt better on Prozac, a little bit probably would go a long way towards reducing your withdrawal symptoms. We recommend trying a very low dose, such as 1mg, to see what it does. It's highly likely you didn't find higher doses any help because taking too much causes anxiety-like symptoms, which you may very well have mistaken for panic attacks.

You would need to take it at the same time each day. Fluoxetine comes in a prescription liquid, or you can make your own liquid, see Tips for tapering off fluoxetine (Prozac) 

I would not expect taking another antidepressant to improve your PSSD.

See What is withdrawal syndrome? 

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms 

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Here are our topics about lamotrigine, but your psychiatrist probably wouldn't understand why we emphasize very low doses.

One theory of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome

Lamictal (lamotrigine) to calm post-discontinuation withdrawal symptoms

31 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

We cannot predict when you will recover, and we have no instant fixes.

Did you ever take your drugs inconsistently, such as skip days?

If you felt better on Prozac, a little bit probably would go a long way towards reducing your withdrawal symptoms. We recommend trying a very low dose, such as 1mg, to see what it does. It's highly likely you didn't find higher doses any help because taking too much causes anxiety-like symptoms, which you may very well have mistaken for panic attacks.

You would need to take it at the same time each day. Fluoxetine comes in a prescription liquid, or you can make your own liquid, see Tips for tapering off fluoxetine (Prozac) 

I would not expect taking another antidepressant to improve your PSSD.

See What is withdrawal syndrome? 

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms 

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Here are our topics about lamotrigine, but your psychiatrist probably wouldn't understand why we emphasize very low doses.

One theory of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome

Lamictal (lamotrigine) to calm post-discontinuation withdrawal symptoms

I did feel better on Prozac but that was so long ago….. It seems lexapro or citalopram gave me this adverse reaction. So I’m unsure what to do - I would do the liquid fluoxetine 1MG to see if it would help cause I never had an adverse reaction from it, that I know of. 

as far as the lamictal. Which one in your opinion you feel to benefit me more in my specific situation? 1MG reinstate, or lamictal.  

And I read the ADR page and it seems you said they recover quicker - which I hope that benefits me- but I know you guys have no idea essentially. I know you said many months, and that sounds better than years. 

However, on citalopram for 8 days only had a headache - an 1 week after C/T the blunted emotions and most of sexual functioning came. So unsure.

as far as the doses. Over the 1.5 years I missed Prozac doses sometimes but never noticed it would just take it the next day. 12:15Pm was my time 
lexapro - I missed doses a couple times - cause  my time was 11pm and I would fall asleep and forget 

citalopram and Zoloft I didn’t miss any doses and only took them for 7-8 days each so. 

As far as the anxiety and feelings I have now they are completely different from the side effects or symptoms I had on medicine - the only similar one is the nausea when first starting AD I have that all day now for the most part - which is causing weight loss. 

life is quite awful rn. Need some relief, maybe the magnesium will help. 

I don’t want this to be permanent I’m only 21. I had so many big things ahead of me……. 😔

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, OptimisticRP said:

Over the 1.5 years I missed Prozac doses sometimes but never noticed it would just take it the next day. 12:15Pm was my time 
lexapro - I missed doses a couple times - cause  my time was 11pm and I would fall asleep and forget 

citalopram

This very well may be the cause of your nervous system sensitization and current difficulties. The brain is not made of rubber.

You could also hang in, learn self-soothing techniques, and let your nervous system recover. Have you read any of the topics we've given you? You seem very much inclined to find a drug remedy again. You'll have to make your own decisions about that.

1 minute ago, Altostrata said:

This very well may be the cause of your nervous system sensitization and current difficulties. The brain is not made of rubber.

You could also hang in, learn self-soothing techniques, and let your nervous system recover. Have you read any of the topics we've given you? You seem very much inclined to find a drug remedy again. You'll have to make your own decisions about that.

It was only a couple times I’d miss doses and I wouldn’t even realize. I’ve read so much stuff on this website it’s great and I thank you so much for creating it - I was fine a month ago just blunted emotions and sexual issues and then a month later I’m 100 times worse - 1 month off of 8 days citalopram and 2 months off of lexapro…….. so I think it was caused by them. 

And I’m just looking for something rn to help me function. Idc what it is just to help me eat and get my life slightly stable. I’m not opposed to drugs, but the nausea and the appetite and the anxiety and stuff….. also weird hot flashes and just strange sensations. 

I am just hoping my recovery is on the faster side. I saw in the thread lamictal helps stabilize  the Nervous system - so maybe that’ll help….. unsure - isn’t that what reinstatement does as well? 

also over the course of being in antidepressants I had my life back from my anxiety - I would get tattoos (prob not good for my nervous system).  But yeah, it’s just strange a month and a half ago I was completely fine. 

My guess is lexapro or citalopram did the ADR- would Prozac still be recommended even if it wasn’t the offending drug? 

• Administrator

Yes, we have 16,500 members in the same boat. We're giving you the best advice we can.

10 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Yes, we have 16,500 members in the same boat. We're giving you the best advice we can.

So I guess I’ll try the 1MG of Prozac then. How much time should I give it ? 

also I got covid vaccine - while starting citalopram- could that have messed me up too - also got tattooed as well. Prob those two are minuscule things and the med itself is the real issue 

@Altostrata

• Mentor

Hello OptimisticRP !  Sorry you are in a rough place rt now . I have been in you same situation before as most here have also. I doesn’t last forever, it’s not permanent but it will take time as in several months most likely. 

In my situation I had withdrawals and dr sent me down the drug merry go round also. He also told me I was bipolar and put me on lamictal. Looking back now If I would have found SA and reinstated the drug I had taken for Many years I could have bypassed about 5 years of hell . Because that’s how long dr had me on drug merry go round. 

so if you are looking for another drug to fix the problem you are having quickly you will not find one. And if you do try a different one you risk having more side effects. It will most likely add more fuel to the anxiety. 

im no dr nor am I a moderator. But if I was in that situation again I would NOT take drs advice and try lamictal or whatever. I would tell him the Prozac worked pretty good for years and I would like to try a little updose with the liquid prescription. But that is just me. 
You are in good hands with Altostrata and Kiasofia. I would follow their advice.   

As for this moment in time you have to find ways to calm yourself. You can do one little thing and it feel like it didn’t help but several little things a day can knock that negative obsessive worry anxiety down a few notches. When you are in the thick of withdrawals there is no one person or words that can reassure your worry and doubts. It is tough I pushed people away because of those obsessive worry thoughts. 

It is your decision on what to do. Listen to your body and go by facts only. 

also magnesium and omega 3 does help!

I think Altostrata commented while I was typing. Learn all you can on the topics they gave you. Take care!

2000-2013 Paxil - 1 year fast taper

2013-2018 merry go round
zoloft, cymbalta, lamictal, Prozac.

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Oct 2020 reinstated to 9 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

• Mentor
14 minutes ago, OptimisticRP said:

@Altostrata

As you know by now these drugs don’t work like Tylenol in an hour headache is gone. SSRIS dosage change can be delayed by how long? Everyone is different and life situations are different. 
but I know it is a delayed reaction. Try it for a month at minimum and see if there is any change for the better. Document symptoms today and compare in a month. 

2000-2013 Paxil - 1 year fast taper

2013-2018 merry go round
zoloft, cymbalta, lamictal, Prozac.

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Oct 2020 reinstated to 9 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

7 hours ago, OptimisticRP said:

Heath is giving good advice. Especially with Prozac it can take at least a week to notice anything. If it makes you feel worse, stop taking it. If you don't notice anything, still keep taking 1mg for at least two weeks. Keep daily notes of your symptoms and let us know how you are doing.

Remember that the purpose of reinstatement isn't to eliminate WD symptoms (though it does for some) but rather to make them tolerable.

These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I have learned, not medical advice.

Drug history

2002-2019 Citalopram/Escitalopram, Lamictal
2019 April Escitalopram, quit at 10mg (withdrawal), Oct Escitalopram 10mg reinstated, quit after a few days (adverse reaction)

2019 Oct Lamictal cut from 200mg to 100mg
2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

2020 Aug-Nov Lamictal tapered to 50 mg

2020 Nov 24 Lithium taper started, 30 Jan off Lithium

2021 15. March-31. May Lamictal tapered to 32.5 mg (holding)

2022 10. Jan started taking 25mg+5mg+2mg+0.5 liquid, 22. Jan went back to taking 25mg+5mg+half 5mg

@Kiasofiaokay thank you ❤️

@Kiasofia. @Altostrata

I just realized - me taking the citalopram after the escitalopram, could that have caused kindling - and also restarting the Prozac for 4 days(no issues besides insomnia) could that have caused kindling as well? And I’m a little confused after reading kindling what it means ? And does it have negative implications on recovery ? 

• Administrator

As noted before, your taking your drugs inconsistently may have led to some of your nervous system instability. Read this again: 

@Altostratafair enough. I can get back to normal through correct ? 

• Administrator

Older but wiser.

7 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Older but wiser.

Is that a yes to being normal again 🥺

@Kiasofia. @Altostrata anything I can do for nausea and appetite ? Happy Holidays also ❤️

• Moderator Emeritus
23 minutes ago, OptimisticRP said:

anything I can do for nausea and appetite ?

There are many existing topics on SA.  You can do a site search or use an internet search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.  Searching for nausea found these:

what-to-do-for-dizziness-queasiness-nausea

digestive-problems-nausea-diarrhoea-bloating-gerd

lack of appetite found this:

loss-of-appetite-or-how-to-stimulate-appetite/

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@Altostrata. @Kiasofia. My doctor called in the liquid fluoxetine 1MG to start you suggest ?

@Altostrata. @Kiasofia Merry Christmas and happy holiday you beautiful souls! Just a question!! 

I only got all my symptoms after stopped a medicine I took for 8 days! 

or the month Prior I took escitalopram for a month and felt terrible at first on it but felt better a month in. 

after stopping escitalopram- after a week taper - I felt amazing for 3 weeks and then my mood Changed - so My doc put me on citalopram and then 8 days I took it and I had headaches and felt bleh so I stopped it C/T and then a week later is when the hell started  and that was a month and 2 weeks ago! And I’ve gotten more symptoms as I’ve been off medicine - so is that part withdrawal. 

i plan to get fluoxetine - but I’m wondering if reinstating the citalopram  would be better 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Administrator

Reasoning explained here 

It was rare occasions when I missed doses and even then I wouldn’t notice anything, and taking it different times I’d usually adjust it by going 2 hours up or down. But fair enough if you think fluoxetine is best! Also, how do we go about spreading awareness and getting more publicity! And getting science - celebrities and more research on this. I wanna help with that somehow! 

i feel like my situation is strange! But maybe it’s not….. just hope I heal  

@Altostrata

• Administrator

It's not at all strange, unfortunately.

People need to learn about withdrawal syndrome and talk to their doctors about it. How would you like to help wit that?

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

It's not at all strange, unfortunately.

People need to learn about withdrawal syndrome and talk to their doctors about it. How would you like to help wit that?

Maybe I can make a tik tok and or start a podcast ? Try to email and get in contact with famous people/ doctors. Enough publicity and stuff could lead to research and a possible solution or at least awareness. 

I am just worried I won’t heal. That’s my biggest fear. My whole life was flipped upside down in a month. It’s hard. 

@Altostrata