Help with Procrastination

Anna42

Hi guys, first - feel free to try my advice and look through links i will provide and tell me if my contribution is good or bad. It is an attempt to help get started right now, so it will be brief at first, i think. It is also a reminder for me.

https://solvingprocrastination.com/how-to-stop-procrastinating/

Very good site with insane ammount of techniques and info

https://zenhabits.net/focusguide/

Cool blog, cool tips.

(Be extremely careful to not procrastinate by reading how to stop procrastination - my vice lol)

1. technique - just get started. Figure out the smallest step and try to do it.

There was some study done that suggests that people feel actual pain when thinking about the task they are procrastinating on. It subsides when you start the task. I know, easy to say - but when you feel that pain and say "i will feel like this tommorow" - which you will not, think of it as a flag, as a message to get started. Gets easier with practise.

2. Act as if/Opposite action

Opposite action is a DBT skill. When you feel like doing something, do the opposite, but all the way. Imagine that you are a method actor, potraying your best self or anything you find helpful. For example - you want to play games, but decide to act as a studious person to prepare for the exam. Hard skill, can be used to change unwanted emotions also, hope i explained it adequately. Apologies for any mistakes i am new to this site and English is not my first language

Edit : realised that this will work only when you feel mostly alright, so when you feel awful - forgive yourself, be gentle and practise self-compassion (talk to yourself as you would with a friend or a loved one)

Edited by ChessieCat
added spacing for easier reading

2018 - july 2019 - Paxil plus atypical AP

July 2019 - November 2019 - Velofaxin

November 2019 - December 2019 - AP that made me active and productive and then anxious and ahedonic

January 2020 - Anafranil + Aripiprazol

July 2021 - stopped cold Turkey

Late october 2021 till now - Zoloft 100 mg + Aripiprazol 5 mg

Thanks a lot for editing!  Boy, should i take my own advice

November 2019 - December 2019 - AP that made me active and productive and then anxious and ahedonic

https://waitbutwhy.com/2013/11/how-to-beat-procrastination.html

Gold article, may help better than anything I wrote

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy