SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Annb550: Introduction - citalopram and Seroquel

Annb550

My name is Ann, I am new here.

•I have been taking 10 mg of Citalopram since June 7, 2021
•I am also taking a tiny dose of Seroquel for sleep. 
• I would like to taper off both (not at the same time). 
•I am extremely sensitive to these meds and would like to learn how others taper. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Annb550: Introduction - citalopram and Seroquel

Hi @Annb550 and welcome to SA.

Please create a drug history in your signature with amounts, starts, stops and changes.

If you've been on a steady 10mg citalopram since June that's simple - can you please add it to your sig along with the same info for quetiapine.

Usually we recommend tapering the most activating drug first and the most sedating last, one at a time.  My sense is that you might wish to taper the citalopram first, but we can be clearer on that once we see your drug history.

Sometimes it makes sense to alternate a bit and find a balance say if you were getting too sleepy in the day, start tapering a bit of quetiapine until that eases, then another round of the citalopram.

There is a lot of info here to avail yourself of while you plan and carry out your taper.  Some topics you might find handy:

and a whole bunch more at 

Cheers,

Hayduke

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM