Nicole23: Scared hopeless and sick

Nicole23

I cold turkeyed off Lexapro 10mg in august of 2020. Big mistake. After a year of taking every supplement known to man I relapsed really bad. My relapse was triggered by chronic UTIs, numerous rounds of antibiotics, and hypothyroid.  I relapsed into severe depression, anxiety and insomnia.  It’s been six months now and docs have tried to reinstate me four times on the ADs including the one I cold turkeyed off of. I got really sick on all of them and quit within a week.  Also on lorazepam daily for severe anxiety which I still take.  

Finally my psych put me on trintellix and was able to eat again and felt like maybe it could work. I did four weeks on five mg and started to sink again. Doc moved me up to 10 mg two days ago and I feel the worst anxiety Ive ever had. I’m losing hope. I think im permanently damaged from quitting cold turkey.  I dont think I will ever be the same again and don’t want to live this way anymore. Im now on two drugs that are both very hard to quit and feel like Ive taken 10 steps backwards. 

I have no interest in anything. Im not myself and haven’t been since I quit the AD. 

My psych doc doesn’t call me back when im having a crisis. I’ve been to the ER for severe anxiety three times. I need help real bad.  

Edited by ChessieCat
added spacing

2003- Lexapro 

2011- cold turkeyed Lexapro

Reinstated Lexapro four months later

2020 August- Cold Turkeyed Lexapro again

2021-September-Ativan

2021- November- Trintellix 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Nicole23: Scared hopeless and sick
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a volunteer-run community of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  I'm sorry that you are in this predicament. You've really been through a lot, with the drugs, the UTI's, and the hypothyroid.   You've come to the right place.   It sounds to me as though you are dealing with withdrawal from stopping the previous antidepressants, as well as adverse reactions to them.  Are you still on any psychiatric drugs at this time?

Can you please give us specific information about your drug history for all drugs you are on and have been on, especially for the past 18-24 months?  It would be especially helpful to have the details of your drugs in a concise vertical list (no symptoms), only drug names, specific dates (as best you can say for example early March if you don't recall the day) and dosages of each medication decrease or increase.  Use this format:

Drug name: date, dose, date, dose, date, dose…

Etcetera

Please read the link below for instructions.  This will allow us to give you the best guidance.  

How to List Drug History in Signature

Here is some information about how these drugs actually work.   This explains why we get symptoms from going off of these medications, and why it's so important to taper so slowly and carefully, and be very cautious about changing our doses: 

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

It sounds to me like you have had adverse reactions to all of the antidepressants.  Then, trintellix worked for a little while, but then when the doc upped the dose, you had an adverse reaction because the dose was too high.    What did you mean when you said "started to sink again"?  What specific symptoms did you have? 

This helps you understand what withdrawal syndrome is: 

Video on Recovery from Psych Drugs

What is Happening in Your Brain

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Tapering is best done extremely slowly, and we generally taper by 10% of the current dose no more than once every 4 weeks, so that the taper becomes exponentially smaller.

Why Taper by 10% of my Dosage  

I'm not sure if you are still on the Trintellix, so I'll include a link about tapering off of that: 

Tips for Tapering Trintellix

Also, as we are recovering, we suggest keeping things slow, simple, and stable. 

Keep it Simple, Slow, and Stable

Considerations About Stability - Stop Jumping Around

What are your current symptoms?  Here is a link with checklists of common WD symptoms: 

Dr Joseph Glenmullen Withdrawal Symptom Checklists

Here are some techniques to cope with symptoms: 

Non Drug Ways to Cope with Withdrawal Symptoms

We don't suggest many supplements, but 2 that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

There is a way out of this, but it takes a lot of time and patience.  We are here to help you through this, so don't lose hope.  Please let us know how you are doing. 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

I ct off lex 6 months ago, it's definitely been a rough ride. 

- 10 mg lexparo 1.5 years

- ativan for panic 0.5 , never more than once daily and not everyday for 4 years.

-cold turkeyed in June 5 of 2021.

Buspar a few days and had severe muscle pain. July 26, 27, then 30 of 2021.

I CT off Lexapro about 8 1/2 months ago. It’s been brutal but thank god for this website and the people who run it/on it. How are you guys feeling? Hope you are doing as well as you can be. 

2017:

Jan-Mar: Lexapro 20 mg. Wellbutrin XR (2 days) Lamotrigine 150 mg. CT all due to sexual side effects. 
2020-2021:

Lexapro 20 mg, Jan of 2020 until CT in Apr of 2021. 

June: Buspirone 10 mg. Wellbutrin XL (4 days) 

July: Lamotrigine 25-100 mg. Buspirone 10 mg. 
August: Lamotrigine 100 mg. 6 treatments of IM Ketamine, 25-40 ml. 
September-Current: Lamotrigine 50 mg. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 3:52 AM, getofflex said:

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a volunteer-run community of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  I'm sorry that you are in this predicament. You've really been through a lot, with the drugs, the UTI's, and the hypothyroid.   You've come to the right place.   It sounds to me as though you are dealing with withdrawal from stopping the previous antidepressants, as well as adverse reactions to them.  Are you still on any psychiatric drugs at this time?

Can you please give us specific information about your drug history for all drugs you are on and have been on, especially for the past 18-24 months?  It would be especially helpful to have the details of your drugs in a concise vertical list (no symptoms), only drug names, specific dates (as best you can say for example early March if you don't recall the day) and dosages of each medication decrease or increase.  Use this format:

Etcetera

Please read the link below for instructions.  This will allow us to give you the best guidance.  

Here is some information about how these drugs actually work.   This explains why we get symptoms from going off of these medications, and why it's so important to taper so slowly and carefully, and be very cautious about changing our doses: 

It sounds to me like you have had adverse reactions to all of the antidepressants.  Then, trintellix worked for a little while, but then when the doc upped the dose, you had an adverse reaction because the dose was too high.    What did you mean when you said "started to sink again"?  What specific symptoms did you have? 

Tapering is best done extremely slowly, and we generally taper by 10% of the current dose no more than once every 4 weeks, so that the taper becomes exponentially smaller.

I'm not sure if you are still on the Trintellix, so I'll include a link about tapering off of that: 

What are your current symptoms?  Here is a link with checklists of common WD symptoms: 

We don't suggest many supplements, but 2 that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

There is a way out of this, but it takes a lot of time and patience.  We are here to help you through this, so don't lose hope.  Please let us know how you are doing. 

I am not doing well. I have lost interest in all areas of my life. I have been on Trintellix 5mg for a month then moved to 10mg for three weeks now. I take probiotics, bone broth, collagen, digestive enzymes, ginger, omega, magnesium glycinate, zinc, Vit D, C, melatonin, hydroxyzine.

I reduced my Ativan to .5 a day even though my doc wants me to take 2mg a day. My psych doc doesn’t answer my messages.  I have anxiety every day. I wake up in panic every morning. I’m so scared I won’t get through this.  My psych doc also has me doing spravato treatments. Nothing is working.  I can’t find a new psych doc Bc they are all booked. I was told by my primary care doc my issues are genetic and also due to meningitis I had at age two. This has been lifelong for me and I’m losing my desire to keep going.  Every day is a struggle.  I can’t stop smoking due to the severe anxiety as well. I haven’t felt like myself for a year now. I think I damaged my brain when I cold turkeyed off Lexapro I took for 17 years. I don’t know what to do. I’m so lost and every day I spend trying to climb out of this to no avail.  

Edited by ChessieCat
added spacing

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nicole,

As previously requested please create your drug signature.  This lets the staff see your drug history (changes in drugs and doses) at a glance.  Please follow these instructions:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

Q:  How many times a day are you taking Ativan?

Q:  What time of day are you taking it?

Ativan has a short half life so you might be experiencing interdose withdrawal.  I will ask @Frogie to follow up on this, so please answer the questions as soon as possible.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@Nicole23

I see you said the dr wants you to take 2 mg of Ativan a day? How much have you taken and have you taken it consistently? Or have you tapered off of it? As ChessieCat said, Ativan has a very short life in your system, about 8 hours. So you may need to split your dose to keep from having wd symptoms.

Please create your drug signature so we know what is going on.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

@Nicole23

I see you said the dr wants you to take 2 mg of Ativan a day? How much have you taken and have you taken it consistently? Or have you tapered off of it? As ChessieCat said, Ativan has a very short life in your system, about 8 hours. So you may need to split your dose to keep from having wd symptoms.

Hello

I was Ativan once or twice per day.  My doc hasn’t mentioned tapering yet but I want to start. I tried taking .5 a day for a week and I wake up with bad anxiety.  I moved up to taking one half and a quarter of a 1mg pill. I still have anxiety after taking it. I’m not sure if it’s the Trintellix causing this because I’ve only been on my new dose of 10mg for three weeks.  
I want to quit both the Ativan and trintellix. I’m tired of taking psychiatric meds. But I was told I need to stabilize first before I try to taper.

My stomach is messed up, vision blurry, no appetite, my mood is just flat. I take hydroxyzine and melatonin to sleep. And wake up early every day.  I have health anxiety.  No interest in anything. No motivation to socialize or go anywhere. I’m isolated.  I am a shell of who I used to be. 

Ive been to the ER three times. I’ve had blood work and CT scan after having chronic UTIs in July and August of 2021. All tests came back normal. Took numerous rounds of antibiotics. Ive had my hormones tested and the results were very low progesterone, high cortisol and adrenal fatigue. I also became hypothyroid twice after quitting Lexapro in August of 2020.

I am trying to heal my stomach with bone broth, collagen, digestive enzymes, ginger, probiotic and Zantac.  I also take omega, magnesium, Vit D, C zinc.  Nothing is working.  I don’t know what to do. 
I had a bioenergetic scan in February of 2021.  I still can’t interpret the results. 

I made appt with a functional med doc for January of 2022. He is very expensive but I’m running out of options. I have been told my depression and anxiety is due to genetics and meningitis I suffered at age 2. 

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

Just now, Nicole23 said:

Hello

I was Ativan once or twice per day.  My doc hasn’t mentioned tapering yet but I want to start. I tried taking .5 a day for a week and I wake up with bad anxiety.  I moved up to taking one half and a quarter of a 1mg pill. I still have anxiety after taking it. I’m not sure if it’s the Trintellix causing this because I’ve only been on my new dose of 10mg for three weeks.  
I want to quit both the Ativan and trintellix. I’m tired of taking psychiatric meds. But I was told I need to stabilize first before I try to taper.

My stomach is messed up, vision blurry, no appetite, my mood is just flat. I take hydroxyzine and melatonin to sleep. And wake up early every day.  I have health anxiety.  No interest in anything. No motivation to socialize or go anywhere. I’m isolated.  I am a shell of who I used to be. 

Ive been to the ER three times. I’ve had blood work and CT scan after having chronic UTIs in July and August of 2021. All tests came back normal. Took numerous rounds of antibiotics. Ive had my hormones tested and the results were very low progesterone, high cortisol and adrenal fatigue. I also became hypothyroid twice after quitting Lexapro in August of 2020.

I am trying to heal my stomach with bone broth, collagen, digestive enzymes, ginger, probiotic and Zantac.  I also take omega, magnesium, Vit D, C zinc.  Nothing is working.  I don’t know what to do. 
I had a bioenergetic scan in February of 2021.  I still can’t interpret the results. 

I made appt with a functional med doc for January of 2022. He is very expensive but I’m running out of options. I have been told my depression and anxiety is due to genetics and meningitis I suffered at age 2. 

I am going to go back to 2mg Ativan a day until I can find someone to help me.  The anxiety is unbearable. The Trintellix isn’t working either. I’m so lost 

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

1 minute ago, Nicole23 said:

I am going to go back to 2mg Ativan a day until I can find someone to help me.  The anxiety is unbearable. The Trintellix isn’t working either. I’m so lost 

Every psych doc is booked until March of 2022. I live in a city that has terrible mental health resources. My current doc is super busy and doesn’t respond to my messages when I really need her to. I feel like I’m just a number to her and not listened to. She also has me doing spravato treatments and they arent working. Nothing is working. Prior to starting Trintellix I tried Lexapro twice, prozac, and cymbalta each for only a week because they made me so sick. 

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

• Moderator Emeritus
23 minutes ago, Nicole23 said:

Zantac

Q:  When do you take this related to when you take your other drugs and supplements?

If you are taking Zantac at the same time or too close to the drugs/supplements, then you might not be getting consistent dosing.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

@Nicole23

I'm sorry you are going through this, let's try and get this straightened out.

When you were taking the Ativan, were you taking 2 mg a day? For how long did you do this? Then you started taking .75 mg once a day (1/2 and 1/4 of a 1 mg tablet)? How long have you been doing this? If you go back up to the 2 mg of Ativan, you need to take it 12 hours apart and on a consistent schedule. And stay on 2 mg. Please don't go up and down on the dosage. You are getting wd symptoms from going up and down on the Ativan. Your body becomes dependent on a benzo in 2 weeks. So you can not go up and down with the dosage and take it whenever you want. Maybe take it at 7 am and 7 pm. You also need to take it at least an hour before or after any other medication.

Dr.'s are notorious for not believing in symptoms that these medications cause. Can you find a different dr that will listen to you? 

Have you had your thyroid checked? You said you had a hypothyroid after stopping lexapro.  Thyroids can cause anxiety also.

Antibiotics can cause problems also. I'm glad to see you are taking a probiotic for that. 

Have you tried magnesium? It helps a lot of members on here for anxiety. You might try a small amount and see if that helps. Epson salt baths are also very relaxing as they are magnesium.

Try mediation, shutting the computer and tv off an hour or so before bed. Calming music, a nice slow walk even around the block will sometimes help.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

On 12/4/2021 at 10:52 AM, getofflex said:

Etcetera

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Thanks so much for your reply and the links to valuable information. I’m still taking trintellix. I did a month on 5mg. And switched to 10 mg. for about three weeks. Then my doc told me to alternate 10mg with 5mg every other day.  I’m taking 1-2 mg of Ativan daily as well. I’m having side effects. Loose stools every day, no appetite, tremors, hair falling out, and I wake up with bad anxiety every day. I’ve lost interest in every area of my life and I feel like every day is Groundhog Day. I pray I will get myself back. 
i don’t know how long I should keep taking the trintellix. I plan to taper after i stabilize but I don’t feel stable at all yet. I’m starting to have insomnia again.  I also want to taper the Ativan but nobody is interested in helping me with this. My doc keeps refilling my script and tells me take 2mg a day. 
I feel like my gut was destroyed by the antibiotic use and trintellix is hard on my gut as well. How can I heal my stomach if trintellix is making it worse? 
thanks 

nicole

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

On 12/6/2021 at 9:48 PM, WithdrawalWarrior said:

I CT off Lexapro about 8 1/2 months ago. It’s been brutal but thank god for this website and the people who run it/on it. How are you guys feeling? Hope you are doing as well as you can be. 

I’m doing the ketamine nasal spray as well. I did a month of twice a week now I go once a week. I haven’t noticed a difference at all. Has it helped you? 

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

On 12/19/2021 at 3:48 PM, ChessieCat said:

Hi Nicole,

As previously requested please create your drug signature.  This lets the staff see your drug history (changes in drugs and doses) at a glance.  Please follow these instructions:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

Q:  How many times a day are you taking Ativan?

Q:  What time of day are you taking it?

Ativan has a short half life so you might be experiencing interdose withdrawal.  I will ask @Frogie to follow up on this, so please answer the questions as soon as possible.

I take Ativan in the afternoon. And due to insomnia I take it at night to sleep if melatonin and hydroxyzine don’t work first. I never take more than 2mg a day. I want to taper the Ativan. But doc wants me to wait until the trintellix starts working. Been on the trintellix for almost 2 months and still having bad anxiety. 
thanks

nocole 

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

On 12/19/2021 at 4:05 PM, Frogie said:

@Nicole23

I think o did create my drug signature. If I did it wrong please let me know. 

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

How much Ativan do you take everyday and at what time?

Thanks.

On 12/19/2021 at 6:04 PM, ChessieCat said:

Q:  When do you take this related to when you take your other drugs and supplements?

If you are taking Zantac at the same time or too close to the drugs/supplements, then you might not be getting consistent dosing.

How far away should I take Zantac from the trintellix and Ativan? I take digestive enzymes and ginger as well. Also take omega, magnesium, calm asap. I need to heal my stomach. 
thanks 

Nicole 

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

2 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Thanks.

I have 1mg tablets. I take a half and a quarter every day in the afternoon. Then a half and a quarter at night to help me sleep if melatonin and hydroxyzine don’t work first. 
thanks

nicole

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

On 12/19/2021 at 6:18 PM, Frogie said:

@Nicole23

I'm sorry you are going through this, let's try and get this straightened out.

When you were taking the Ativan, were you taking 2 mg a day? For how long did you do this? Then you started taking .75 mg once a day (1/2 and 1/4 of a 1 mg tablet)? How long have you been doing this? If you go back up to the 2 mg of Ativan, you need to take it 12 hours apart and on a consistent schedule. And stay on 2 mg. Please don't go up and down on the dosage. You are getting wd symptoms from going up and down on the Ativan. Your body becomes dependent on a benzo in 2 weeks. So you can not go up and down with the dosage and take it whenever you want. Maybe take it at 7 am and 7 pm. You also need to take it at least an hour before or after any other medication.

Dr.'s are notorious for not believing in symptoms that these medications cause. Can you find a different dr that will listen to you? 

Have you had your thyroid checked? You said you had a hypothyroid after stopping lexapro.  Thyroids can cause anxiety also.

Antibiotics can cause problems also. I'm glad to see you are taking a probiotic for that. 

Have you tried magnesium? It helps a lot of members on here for anxiety. You might try a small amount and see if that helps. Epson salt baths are also very relaxing as they are magnesium.

Try mediation, shutting the computer and tv off an hour or so before bed. Calming music, a nice slow walk even around the block will sometimes help.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Just had my thyroid labs drawn and they are in the optimal range. 
i don’t think the trintellix is working for anxiety. Neither is spravato. 
mom pretty sure I’m not taking Ativan 12 hours apart. Maybe 7-8 hours apart. 
Im sorry if I’m answering these messages as they come in. I’m still trying to learn how to navigate this site. 
thanks 

Nicole

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

13 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Thanks.

I’ve been taking Ativan daily for five months now. I thought the trintellix would take away my need for Ativan but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I thought I could take lower doses of the Ativan and hopefully skip days but my anxiety is too high. I feel like I’ve taken ten steps backwards. 

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

10 minutes ago, Nicole23 said:

I have 1mg tablets. I take a half and a quarter every day in the afternoon. Then a half and a quarter at night to help me sleep if melatonin and hydroxyzine don’t work first. 
thanks

nicole

I take the Ativan around 1-2 pm. Then again at 1-2 am to sleep. 

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

I would take 1 mg at 1 am (is that when you go to bed) and 1 mg at 1 pm. Stay on that dose until you stabilize. 

Can you keep notes so we can get an idea of what's going on please.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1008-before-you-begin-tapering-what-you-need-to-know/?do=findComment&comment=249388

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Nicole23 said:
On 12/6/2021 at 9:48 PM, WithdrawalWarrior said:

I’m doing the ketamine nasal spray as well. I did a month of twice a week now I go once a week. I haven’t noticed a difference at all. Has it helped you?

I did 6 treatments after month 3 of withdrawal. It was the IM injections and i guess it helped with the doom and gloom that I was experiencing. It didn’t take away my withdrawal by any means but it did help lift me out of the pure psychological hell I was in. I’ve been in a pretty bad wave the past 4-5 days now but I guess the ketamine helped kickstart the wave/window pattern instead of 24/7 torture.

2017:

Jan-Mar: Lexapro 20 mg. Wellbutrin XR (2 days) Lamotrigine 150 mg. CT all due to sexual side effects. 
2020-2021:

Lexapro 20 mg, Jan of 2020 until CT in Apr of 2021. 

June: Buspirone 10 mg. Wellbutrin XL (4 days) 

July: Lamotrigine 25-100 mg. Buspirone 10 mg. 
August: Lamotrigine 100 mg. 6 treatments of IM Ketamine, 25-40 ml. 
September-Current: Lamotrigine 50 mg. 

On 12/22/2021 at 12:43 PM, Frogie said:

I would take 1 mg at 1 am (is that when you go to bed) and 1 mg at 1 pm. Stay on that dose until you stabilize. 

Can you keep notes so we can get an idea of what's going on please.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1008-before-you-begin-tapering-what-you-need-to-know/?do=findComment&comment=249388

Thanks!

Ok. How do I know that I have stabilized? I have anxiety every day. 

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

@Nicole23

Eventually, you will feel "normal".  You just need to take the 2 mg everyday at the same time so your body can acclimate to it. Hopefully that will help.

Withdrawal Normal Description

On 12/4/2021 at 10:52 AM, getofflex said:

Etcetera

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Thanks so much for this info and I feel better knowing you guys have my back. It’s been a really rough ride for me. I appreciate you. 

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

It is a rough ride, but you can do it. Just keep telling yourself that😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 4:34 PM, Frogie said:

It is a rough ride, but you can do it. Just keep telling yourself that😊

Thanks so much. I hope the adehonia subsides. And the anxiety. I have four kids and sick parents. Lots of stress that interferes with my healing. 

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

I'm sorry to hear that.

Just stay as positive as you can.

Let me know if I can help any other way.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. 

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

• 2 months later...

Just finished taper

I just finished a taper off trintillex. I’m not taking anything else but Ativan every day. I’m having no appetite and severe panic. I can’t take the side effects of the meds so I’m out of options.  I’m so lost and scared because I feel so bad like I’m relapsing. Not sure if it’s just withdrawal. Please help. I don’t know what to do from here. I have kids to care for. I’m also upset that I have to take benzos every day but it’s the only thing that helps. My doc is going to taper me some day. 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

2003- Lexapro 

2021-September-Ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

We need to see the details of your Trintellix reductions.  Please add the doses and dates and the last dose that you took with the date for your Trintellex taper:

Trintellex:  dose, date; dose, date; dose, date; last dose, date

Q:  What time/s of day are you taking Ativan?  What dose?  Have you changed the dose recently?

Q:  Is there any particular time of the day when you feel worse?  Does it improve after you take the Ativan?

• Moderator Emeritus
23 hours ago, Nicole23 said:

I’m not taking anything else but Ativan every day. I’m having no appetite and severe panic. I can’t take the side effects of the meds so I’m out of options.  I’m so lost and scared because I feel so bad like I’m relapsing. Not sure if it’s just withdrawal.

Some of what you're describing may be interdose withdrawal and / or rebound symptoms, very common with Ativan. 

Once you answer ChessieCat's questions, we'll be able to help you. It may help to split out the Ativan to several times a day to help with interdose withdrawal. Interdose withdrawal happens when you go into withdrawal in between doses. This is common with benzos that have very short half lives, such as Ativan. 

Please let us know how you're doing.