MaxSurvivor: Trintellix / Brintellix / vortioxetine for OCD

MaxSurvivor

Hi everyone in this group! I am going to share very briefly about me and my experience.  I have been diagnosed OCD in the past and then I was  prescribed Luvox.  It worked great for me for some time, but then almost every aspect of my life kind of got worst by COVID-19, all its strict measures and challenging life implications.  Now I have been prescribed Trintellix to treat my depression symptoms triggered initially by OCD and now by the difficult circumstances I am immersed in.  I am on my 5th day taking Brintellix on a 10mg dose.  On this 5th day I am feeling slightly better in my mood overall, kind of calmer and relaxed, but still I am not experiencing such a big difference overall.  I have not experienced any serious side effect such as constipation, nausea or vomiting so far, just dry mouth.  Just wondering if it is normal or common to have the same or similiar diagnosis as mine (OCD) and be prescribed this medication, if it has shown to be effective to decrease or improve the depressive symptoms caused by OCD; and if it has, how much time does it actually take to kick in.  Thanks!

Edited by MaxSurvivor
I didn't expressed myself in the way I wanted
  • ChessieCat changed the title to MaxSurvivor: Trintellix / Brintellix / vortioxetine for OCD
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello MaxSurvivor and welcome to SA,

Q:  Had you been taking any psychiatric drugs prior to your diagnosis of OCD?

If yes, then your diagnosis might be due to that drug or going off it too quickly.  If this is the case, please create your drug signature following these instructions:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

However, if the answer is no, then we are not able to assist you with your question/s because SA is a site for tapering/withdrawal of psychiatric drugs.  The staff of SA are unpaid peers, not medical professionals, who are getting off their psychiatric drug/s or have got off their drug/s.

You could search for OCD forums, support groups, facebook groups.  They may be able to assist you with your questions.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management