#postyourpill movement

Dreamer0

Hello Everyone,

I’m not sure if any of you have seen this #postyourpill phenomenon happening on social media. It was started by a Dr. In the UK. Essentially people are taking photos with their psych meds and tagging themselves on social media, saying how AMAZING the drug is and how changed their lives are. It is geared to reduce the stigma around taking antidepressants and any other mental health drug. Many celebrities, influential people and thousands and thousands of regular people are participating. I am finding it deeply triggering and disturbing. 

Adderall 40mg, Lexapro 5mg, Ativan .5 mg PRN for 18 years. 
cold turkey august-September 2019 

100 percent medication free

Yes, I’ve seen it too and feel the same. I unfollowed the doctor as I found it really sickening every time he shared people’s pill pictures. Extremely reckless on his part and very naive. He’s made it ‘fashionable’ and I wonder how many people start taking SSRIs who otherwise wouldn’t have thought to and how many will skip trying non-drug methods and go straight for the pill. Sorry you’re finding it triggering too. 

Mid-August 2020 - started 15mg Mirtazapine, increased to 30mg 2 weeks later. Late-September 2020 - switched to 20mg Paroxetine as Mirtazapine exacerbated RLS. October 2020 - stopped Paroxetine because of worsening RLS, muscle twitching and general restlessness.

Mid-October 2020 - Switched to 50mg Sertraline. Restlessness, muscle twitching and other symptoms even worse. Stopped taking it on 18 November following advice from GP - took every other day for a week before stopping completely. Mid-November 2020 - GP prescribed Propranolol to take as and when required for anxiety. Have only taken a few times as it makes me very light headed. January 2020 - currently taking magnesium citrate powder in evenings to help with RLS. Also taking high strength omega-3 fish oil. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Back in 2015, there was a Twitter campaign called #medicatedandmighty

So the #postyourpill campaign is nothing new. Lots of ignorant people on the internet during the honeymoon phase of their drugging experience. I wouldn't pay it any attention. For all we know, some of the people from the 2015 #medicatedandmighty campaign are now on the psychiatric drug withdrawal forums regretting ever going on these neurotoxins. 

@Shep I'm glad I followed that link. While the personal posts made me nauseous, they are arguing with twitter users on the other side (psychmedskill etc etc) so I had more to follow!

On another note, I am on winter break and binge-watching dopesick on Hulu. I wasn't sure if it was a story directly taken from fact, then I was watching the news and they mentioned that the Sackler Family of Perdue Pharma have refused to apologize for the 450,000 deaths resulting from their drug, oxycontin. Ha! The entire story was accurate, and it's crazy how many layers of manipulation there were in pushing the drug, as well as the resulting suffering (death, criminal activity, child abandonment) that exploded with the release and constant remarketing of the drug. I saw many parallels in the people and their suffering to ours. I'm glad that the opiod thing was exposed (I honestly thought it took Prince passing for it to happen). When will it come for us? I want to work on this more...maybe in the summer. 

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

It just looks stupid to me.I have seen people from my country making jokes about Prozac and even people who work in the media sheepishly boasting about taking many clonazepam pills daily to deal with their anxiety.All this on social media.I do not object to people choosing to take pills ,what is clear to me is that there was,of course,no informed consent before choosing that pathway.Others just don't care about the long term use because the least they are considering is coming off their drugs.All this in accordance with the cultural predominance of being "happy"  and being "productive" no matter the future costs.Now,this doctor posting his picture looks just pathetic.

Hi.sorry but my computer is too old.not working properly.I can only write from my phone.nevertheless i do not have drugs to list.only paroxetine.20 mg from 2009 to 2019.10 mg during 2019.sleeping pills for over 20 years.stopped everything december 2019.no drugs since then.forced cold turkey from december 2019.

Thank you to all of you- so many great points! And Shep- that is super interesting about #medicatedandmighty from 2015. I probably would have been a part of that group back then, I was a huge advocate of psych meds and swore by them and here I am now lol!

Another thing I find very ironic is how these people are fighting to “end the stigma” of taking prescription drugs when I find the opposite to be true; if you have a an emotional issue (grief, anxiety, depression) there is often a tremendous amount of pressure to begin taking drugs and if you refuse there can be an attitude that you are not helping yourself. A close friend of mine went through a horrible bout of anxiety and depression this past summer and the sheer number of friends, family and doctors/therapists that tried to persuade him to get onto the drugs was shocking. He was guilted and shamed by many of these people for declining medication. There was a sense of people losing patience with him because he did not want to take them. He luckily held strong and refused and is steadily improving. 

Adderall 40mg, Lexapro 5mg, Ativan .5 mg PRN for 18 years. 
cold turkey august-September 2019 

100 percent medication free

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy