MagnusCharleston: changes to the brain reversible and a solution to suffering

MagnusCharleston

Hi Everyone,

I have one question and one solution.

First my question is are the effects of antidepressants reversible once you get off of them or are the effects permanent in the ways it changes your brain.

Second my solution is that I found becoming stress resistance is far more superior than trying to suppress or reduce stress. I found that exercise is better than any medication there is. I do pushups every day and gradually increase the count daily (Up to 1000), and my body has adapted to being resistant to the pain which has reduced my stress, anxiety and depression tremendously. I also use the sauna and both of these methods have strengthened the body and mind to be resilient to pain. You don't have to wait out the suffering, you just have to push through it.

God bless you all and have a happy holiday.

- MagnusCharleston

• ChessieCat changed the title to MagnusCharleston: changes to the brain reversible and a solution to suffering
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi there MagnusCharleston,

And welcome aboard,

On 12/17/2021 at 1:48 PM, MagnusCharleston said:

First my question is are the effects of antidepressants reversible once you get off of them or are the effects permanent in the ways it changes your brain.

You mean the adaptations in the neuroreceptors that occur after usage?

I believe my brain, and or nervous system, and or whole body system........has definitely seen some changes from the medications/drugs I was on.

And then, more than likely has adjusted/adapted some more, post drugs in my case.

I shy away from any terms that keep me "sick"........if that makes sense.  I have recently come to accept that yes, I have had some iatrogenic injuries from my psychiatric drug and other treatment.

I live in a healing bubble of types now though.......in other words, I continue to heal.

So yes, I feel like any of the harmful effects of AD's(antidepressants) and other psychoactive drugs I was given, are reversible.

So......other answers may vary.  We'll see.  Mine isn't very scientific, just experiential.

On 12/17/2021 at 1:48 PM, MagnusCharleston said:

Second my solution is that I found becoming stress resistance is far more superior than trying to suppress or reduce stress. I found that exercise is better than any medication there is. I do pushups every day and gradually increase the count daily (Up to 1000), and my body has adapted to being resistant to the pain which has reduced my stress, anxiety and depression tremendously. I also use the sauna and both of these methods have strengthened the body and mind to be resilient to pain. You don't have to wait out the suffering, you just have to push through it.

This is good.  I think we each find what works best for us.  Thank you for sharing.

How to Summarize Your Drug History in Your Signature

^ this is a bit different from the information you gave on registration and appears below all your posts, once competed

And is something we ask members to do

Are you tapering or interested in tapering?  Or have you withdrawn from medication/drug(s)?

And thanks for your post.  Apologies, for the huge delay getting you posted too.

Happy Holidays to you too MC.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

moderator manymoretodays(mmt)

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing