Upnorth: reinstating

Upnorth

I have been off zoloft for 14 months and still have nausea and anxiety.  I am considering reinstatement but have read on the forum that it might be a bad idea after such a long time. . I'm scared to try it and make matters worse.  

Started 100mg zoloft daily in Sept 2010.

Started taper Sept  2019 . Last dose was Oct 2020.                                                                                                            Taper was not done properly.

Reinstated zoloft liquid on Feb 6 2022 at 1mg .Feb 16-26, 2mg.

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

June 10 still holding at 3.0mg.

June 16 started split dose.

June 27th upped morning dose to 1.5mg. Evening dose is 2.0mg.

December 11  I tapered off my morning dose in August and currently at 3.5mg at night. I take 0.5mg of ativan on occasion but try not to use it.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Upnorth: reinstating

Hi @Upnorth

I'm sorry you are going through this but  glad you found SA. Welcome to the site.

This your main page to ask any questions or make comments.

Could you please create a signature.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

How long were you on Zoloft?

How fast was your taper?

What were your symptoms, if you had any, during your taper?

After 14 months, it could be a risk taker to try to reinstate.

I'm going to give you some links to look read.

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal Symptoms

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

Digestive problems:  Nausea, Diarrhoea, Bloating, GERD

You could try a small amount of Magnesium and Omega. Just start with a small amount of each take one at a time and wait a few days before trying the other to see if you have any relief or reactions. Magnesium does help with anxiety.

Magnesium

Omega-3 Fish Oil

After you create your signature, read the above links and please let us know if you have any questions that we can help you with.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Edited by Frogie

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

My symptoms were like many others on the site . Severe anxiety, poor apetite, fragmented sleep and waking in the morning with the cortisol spike which sent me into anxiety attack. I  was taking ativan in July and August at 0.5 per day as needed but have not taken any since Sept.  I also have relentless nausea and some vertigo, this and the flu like feeling never seem to change. I don't feel like the person I used to be. .never had anxiety issues like this before and I'm convinced that the problem is from the chemical imbalance from the ssri.  Is there anything that works for nausea?  I take magnesium and probiotics and some ginger gravel and occasionally antinausea pills.  If I would've known this trip thru hell was gonna be this bad. ..I think I would've stayed on the pills.

Started taper Sept  2019 . Last dose was Oct 2020.                                                                                                            Taper was not done properly.

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

December 11  I tapered off my morning dose in August and currently at 3.5mg at night. I take 0.5mg of ativan on occasion but try not to use it.

Reinstating ?

I've been off zoloft for 14 months and still struggling with nausea and anxiety/sleep  and gi problems.  I am considering reinstating but am scared and unsure. Just want some kind of life back.  This is no way to live. .

Edited by ChessieCat
added Intro topic title before merging with intro topic

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

9 hours ago, Upnorth said:

I  was taking ativan in July and August at 0.5 per day as needed but have not taken any since Sept.

If you took Ativan regularly for this amount of time, your body became dependent on it. It takes approximately 2 weeks for your body to become dependent on a benzo. Did you take it consistently in July and August? Unfortunately, if you took it for that long you can't just stop it. That could be some of the problem also.

I agree this is no way to live and I feel for you.

I'm going to ask another moderator that has more experience with Zoloft than I do.

Hang in there.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Administrator

Welcome, @Upnorth 

Did your symptoms change after you went off Ativan?

Do you have any Zoloft tablets left?

Did you tell your prescriber that you were having these symptoms of classic antidepressant withdrawal syndrome?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I wasn't taking the ativan daily. Tried to only use it when necessary. I was prescribed 1mg but was cutting it in half.  Probably did take it for too long but it did work well for the wd I was having. .Dr said I should stop taking them unless it's an emergency situation so I  haven't taken any since Sept 12. Symptoms did change a little because I was really trying hard to not take any and I  think there was some wd.

When it was prescribed in June. .my symptoms where unbearable. .major anxiety, felt like I couldn't breath. Could hardly function. 

Terrible sleep, very fragmented. Then when I took 0.5 ativan I could actually have a calmer day. I would only take it once a day when needed and never tried it for the sleep issue cuz I didn't want to get hooked on them.  It was hard to stay away from them knowing how well they work.

I do have some zoloft 25 mg. The Dr prescribed them last month but after reading on this site about reinstatement I have been scared to take them for fear of making things worse.  I don't think I could handle worse. 

I did tell my Dr about the wd earlier this summer but not sure if he believed me or maybe didn't know what I should do. 

The last time I seen him he said I should take the 25mg zoloft and if I have trouble with it to take an 0.5 ativan. 

I think he should recommend 12.5 zoloft? 

I think he is changing his opinion a bit because he said his wife is currently trying to quit effexor. .

Anyway. .I am at a loss and don't know what to do.  It's been 14 months off the zoloft and the wd is unbearable most of the time.  Some days later in the evening, after about 9 pm, the symptoms ease up a bit and I can watch TV or come to  this site and look for answers.  Most of my day I am nauseous,  some vertigo and feel like I have a chronic flu.  My wife doesn't understand and thinks I should just go back on the zoloft.  I don't think she knows the extent of the wd and thinks it should be done by now. 

I should also mention that last year at Christmas when the symptoms started, I thought I was having a heart attack so I went to the er and they checked me out and said nope and gave me ativan.  I only took 1. Even after that visit I felt I couldn't breath so on Jan 13th I quit smoking.  This has not helped my air hunger much and I think is also part of the wd issues. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

As much as I really don't want to, do you think I should maybe try 0.25 ativan? 

Also, what do you think about the anti nausea pills dimenhydrinate? 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

Would benadryl help? Is there anything that helps with the morning cortisol spikes? 

Also been reading about ketamine and magic mushrooms. .or would this be dangerous with the dysregulated nerves?  

This is hard to accept. .I used to drive a logging truck in steep mountainous terrain for 35 years, in some severe weather at times and had very little anxiety and now I  have a tuff time driving uptown to check the mail. I hope there is something I can do. .not sure how I will get thru Christmas like this.

I know everyone is busy. .hope to hear from someone. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

• Moderator Emeritus

There are many existing topics on SA.  You can use the site search function or use the internet search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.

The only supplements that SA does recommend are magnesium and omega 3 fish oil.  When trying something new start with a small amount and only try one thing at a time.

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

Magnesium

Omega-3 Fish Oil

Cortisol spikes can happen at any time of the day, but there might be helpful information in this topic:

early-morning-waking-managing-the-morning-cortisol-spike

antihistamines-for-withdrawal-insomnia-diphenhydramine-doxylamine-hydroxyzine

ketamine-and-esketamine-treatment

psychedelic-mushrooms-ayahuasca-and-other-hallucinogens

mushroom-supplements-lions-mane-reishi-shiitake-ahcc

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thanks for your reply ChessieCat. 

Thought every one abandoned me.  I have read some of the links you mentioned but will read some more.  I was hoping to get some advice on using the ativan or lower dose of zoloft. I posted some info but Altostrata is probably very busy.  My anxiety is terrible and I'm not sleeping much. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

I am sorry you are going through this. We discontinued Zoloft same time (Oct 2020). I ll be praying for healing for both of us …. 

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

Thanks. .it is awful.  I don't want to take any ativan but this nausea and anxiety plus the flu feeling is brutal. 

It will be hard to be around family over the holidays and I'm not sure what to do. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

Is this the right place to post stuff?  Doesn't seem to be many replies.

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

• Administrator
On 12/21/2021 at 9:18 PM, Upnorth said:

I do have some zoloft 25 mg. The Dr prescribed them last month but after reading on this site about reinstatement

I think he is changing his opinion a bit because he said his wife is currently trying to quit effexor. .

Well, that's interesting!

He's on the right track, but he should read further. When we suggest reinstatement, we suggest trying a very small dose, such as 1mg Zoloft, maybe going up to 5mg. This limits risk of an adverse reaction. We often see these very small doses are effective. You'd taper off by minute amounts later.

Zoloft comes in a prescription liquid so you can take very small amounts, or you can make your own liquid, see Tips for tapering off sertraline (Zoloft)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I'm starting to wonder if I have akathasia or is it anxiety from wd?

So you wouldn't recommend the 25mg? 

What about taking some ativan? 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

I just read about making my own suspension of zoloft. 

If I do this properly, should I start at 1mg and how long would I hold at that amount?  I'm concerned about trying this but I need to do something. .

Or take some ativan?

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

• Administrator

If you try 1mg, we have to see what you do before figuring out what to do next. Reinstatement and then tapering off is more likely to take 6 months or longer than less time. If it works as we expect, you'd feel a lot better during the process.

We do not recommend adding a benzo if you can help it, benzos are also difficult to taper off and doctors are antsy about prescribing them.

Thanks Altostrata. 

Too bad there wasn't something that could take the edge off.  I only slept 3 hours last. Hard to function.

The feeling in the pit of stomach from the anxiety is awful. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

Thanks for your reply  thelongestroadhome. . Always good to have more input .. Altostrata has left some reinstatement guidelines... 

If I could get this nausea and anxiety and fragmented sleep under control then I wouldn't think of reinstatement .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

@Upnorthlet me know if you proceed with reinstatement… I’m only 8 month out but in exactly the same boat. No sleep at unbearable anxiety. I hope you get the relief you are looking for 🙏🏼

June 2016-May 2021 sertraline (up to 200mg)

Tapered off in 3 months. Crashed in August. Was told it was relapse. 
August 2021 started 2.5mg Escitalopram for a week, 5mg for a week, then 2mg for a week and then stopped (triggered insomnia and akathesia). From the first dose Escitalopram couldn’t sleep and was given temazepam and zopiclone, 1 week of each (did not work).

October 2021 my mother called crisis team as I was in a 24hr panic and hadn’t slept for a month. Given seroquel 25mg. I only took 12.5mg for 2 weeks (gave me 5hrs sleep). Quit QT as I was terrified of taking it.

Currently taking: probiotic and 400mg magnesium, fish oil, daily Epsom salt baths and meditation.

I'm totally confused and unsure of what to do.  I just reread the reinstatement post.  I think I can make a suspension out of the capsules and use 1ml as a trial but my frazzled mind is scared.  Hard to make a decision but maybe I should just try it .. any thoughts would be appreciated. . guess I'm just looking for support and feeling vulnerable at this point. .

Hard to believe a person could feel this sick for this long. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

Will the moderators follow me here when I start this process or do I have to post somewhere else? 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

Are there any moderators available?   Alto? 

I'm concerned about kindling. . I know my nervous system is hypersensitive because I have nausea all the time don't get much sleep. .wake up with the cortisol spike and never feel rested. 

Probably a dumb question but if I make a suspension solution and try 1ml. .will this trigger a kindling and make matters worse or is it a low enough dosage and might reduce my wd?  

I have been struggling with this decision and just want some input.  Thanks. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/#comment-33809

Hi @Upnorth,

Have you read the information about reinstating?  See the attached link above. It might help answer some of your questions.

To ensure that a moderator sees your post, (or anyone in particular) you need to include the @ symbol before their name. 

I’m sorry you are struggling so much. I am in a similar situation, but I am still tapering.     It is a difficult journey, for sure.

Congratulations on quitting smoking!

Hang in there.

Believer

1998-2015 Zoloft. 100mg

2015 Straight switch to Wellbutrin by GP who claimed Zoloft stopped working; I was experiencing occasional brain zaps. 3 months later Wellbutrin  XR. Highly activating. Lost ability to sleep. Seroquel x3 nights. Horrible reaction. Straight switch back to Zoloft, began taper. Found SA  after tapering 25 mgs a week to 25mgs and began experiencing W/D.

6/21/19 5.05 mg; 9/6/19 4.8 mg; 4/24/20 4.57 mg; 8/27/21 4.43 mg

9/20-9/25/21 xover to new RX from expired meds

10/22/21 4.13 mg; 11/26/21 3.93 mg; 4/15/22 3.74 mg; 6/3/22 3.54 mg; 8/5/22 3.38; 9/30/22 3.19; 11/18/22 3.03; 12/30/22 2.88; 2/17/23 2.74; 3/24/23 2.60; 5/12/23 2.47;  6/23/23 2.35; 8/11/23 2.24; 9/15/23 2.13; 10/20/23 2.02; 11/24/23 1.92; 1/12/24 1.83; 2/17/24 1.72; 3/23/24 1.64

Supplements: Natural Calm magnesium, Vitamin C Vitamin D during winter.

Thanks. .still trying to figure out how to use the site. 

I have read some of the reinstatement stuff. .just confused. .scared. .frustrated. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

• Administrator
On 1/6/2022 at 3:11 PM, Upnorth said:

if I make a suspension solution and try 1ml. .will this trigger a kindling and make matters worse or is it a low enough dosage and might reduce my wd?

We don't know until you try it. If you get a marked adverse reaction from one dose, you can stop it. Any upset probably will go away in a week or so.

Despite much deserved dread on the Interwebs, akathisia is not an inevitable reaction.

Are you currently hypersensitive to foods, supplements, and over-the-counter drugs?

@Altostrata

Not sure. I know my nervous system seems to be hypersensitive. 

I have been taking aspirin for the headaches and no reaction.  I've also been using anti nausea. . Dimenhydrinate. . and no adverse reaction. 

I don't seem to be having noticeable problems with the few supplements,  vitamin c,magnesium, probiotic,vitamin d.  But I am taking less and cutting down cause I'm trying to keep it simple. .as you suggest. 

Just hoping to find some relief. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

• Administrator

You may do fine with 1mg. If this makes you nervous, you might want to try 0.5mg.

@Altostratathanks. 

Hopefully this will help. .the anxiety and nausea are brutal. I don't get much sleep. .maybe 3 hours and the morning spikes are no fun.  The only time I kinda feel comfortable is after 10 pm.  Makes me want to stay up all night cuz the morning and afternoon are hard to get through. Just be nice to see some stability. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

On 12/23/2021 at 10:33 PM, Upnorth said:

Thanks. .it is awful.  I don't want to take any ativan but this nausea and anxiety plus the flu feeling is brutal. 

It will be hard to be around family over the holidays and I'm not sure what to do. .

The ativan helped with your naeusae right? It is supposed to and helped me at least when I had it

Klonopin Mar 2013 - Feb 2021 - used .000 gram scale to cut pills did very slowly from 2017-2021, had no issues stopping after final dose that was sub .5mg diazepam equivalent (If anyone wants advice for tapering Klonopin with a gram scale, feel free to ask!)

tapered off zyprexa twice over 2 weeks in my 20's, had little issue with that after about 3-4 years of use both times.

Prozac 40MG for 5 years - 2016 - 2021 (Total of 13 years of consecutive use)

(Most recent after last break, been on cumulatively in my life 14 years all times combined, 3 separate on/off occasions, all successful except most recent 3/4)

Recent Issue:  Tapered gradually from 40MG down to 0MG from May 7th - Aug 18th

Felt fine through Oct 5th, slowly started getting depression, panic, and anxiety (Was original thing I was treated for)

Decided to go back on SSRI Nov 1st, reacted very bad to 20mg reinstatement, day 1 was fine, day 2 had ADR. Doctor said to drop dosage.

Took 5mg for 2 weeks, 10mg for 2 weeks, still felt physically sick, could not take 20mg for more than 3 days, looking for advice going forward (ADR)

Not happy about it, but on 1.5mg 3x ativan and temazepam 15mg for sleep

(Was sleeping 2-3 hrs nightly prior to temazepam, was first thing that broke 2-3 hr then wide awake sleep cycle)

Main symptoms: headaches from certain foods and meds, sleep is broken, anxiety and agitation is extremely high, cortisol spike sensitive, bad in morning better at night, panic attacks, concentration is awful, focus is awful, anhedonia is awful, sensitive to light and noise, especially noise, extreme depression, intense bouts of fear, every looks and feels 'scary' at times, stress tolerance extremely low, have bouts of extreme anxiety, and bouts akathesia, and bouts extreme anticipatory anxiety over basic events/tasks. Nervous system is clearly crashed.

No Prozac for 249 days.

17 minutes ago, Upnorth said:

@Altostratathanks. 

Hopefully this will help. .the anxiety and nausea are brutal. I don't get much sleep. .maybe 3 hours and the morning spikes are no fun.  The only time I kinda feel comfortable is after 10 pm.  Makes me want to stay up all night cuz the morning and afternoon are hard to get through. 

Actually,

I have a questions on this, If I slept during the day and stayed up at night, would the cortisol thing be lower?

I should right?

Klonopin Mar 2013 - Feb 2021 - used .000 gram scale to cut pills did very slowly from 2017-2021, had no issues stopping after final dose that was sub .5mg diazepam equivalent (If anyone wants advice for tapering Klonopin with a gram scale, feel free to ask!)

tapered off zyprexa twice over 2 weeks in my 20's, had little issue with that after about 3-4 years of use both times.

(Most recent after last break, been on cumulatively in my life 14 years all times combined, 3 separate on/off occasions, all successful except most recent 3/4)

Felt fine through Oct 5th, slowly started getting depression, panic, and anxiety (Was original thing I was treated for)

Decided to go back on SSRI Nov 1st, reacted very bad to 20mg reinstatement, day 1 was fine, day 2 had ADR. Doctor said to drop dosage.

Took 5mg for 2 weeks, 10mg for 2 weeks, still felt physically sick, could not take 20mg for more than 3 days, looking for advice going forward (ADR)

(Was sleeping 2-3 hrs nightly prior to temazepam, was first thing that broke 2-3 hr then wide awake sleep cycle)

Main symptoms: headaches from certain foods and meds, sleep is broken, anxiety and agitation is extremely high, cortisol spike sensitive, bad in morning better at night, panic attacks, concentration is awful, focus is awful, anhedonia is awful, sensitive to light and noise, especially noise, extreme depression, intense bouts of fear, every looks and feels 'scary' at times, stress tolerance extremely low, have bouts of extreme anxiety, and bouts akathesia, and bouts extreme anticipatory anxiety over basic events/tasks. Nervous system is clearly crashed.

No Prozac for 249 days.

34 minutes ago, Upnorth said:

@Altostrata

Not sure. I know my nervous system seems to be hypersensitive. 

I have been taking aspirin for the headaches and no reaction.  I've also been using anti nausea. . Dimenhydrinate. . and no adverse reaction. 

I don't seem to be having noticeable problems with the few supplements,  vitamin c,magnesium, probiotic,vitamin d.  But I am taking less and cutting down cause I'm trying to keep it simple. .as you suggest. 

Just hoping to find some relief. .

Same, no problem with sugar, if i take (a lot) of caffiene it does, tylenol or advil I am not sure, they definitely don't do anything extreme when I take it, but I am not sure if they ever really helped me with headache, if anything makes headaches slightly worse, had no problem with the 200mg of magnesium either, started that straight away, i tried both .5 and 1mg and 2 mg of melatonin, unfortunately didnt do anything but also no bad effect, it really seems like it is only prozac and MAYBE diet drinks but I am not 100% on it, I havent had one for a while, it seemed like it was only prozac giving me the pounding headches, which was so bizarre, but I am struggling with the cortisol thing over night, its not much better, but sometimes but my first block of sleep is 3-5 hours and before it was like 1 1/2, so that is something i suppose

No Prozac for 249 days.

@UserMan1775  

I have wondered the same thing.  Night time is the only time that I feel close to normal.  I usually stay up till 3 am because I don't feel tired. I dread the mornings. .

Used to enjoy mornings but the withdrawal has ruined that. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

4 minutes ago, Upnorth said:

@UserMan1775  

I have wondered the same thing.  Night time is the only time that I feel close to normal.  I usually stay up till 3 am because I don't feel tired. I dread the mornings. .

Used to enjoy mornings but the withdrawal has ruined that. .

Honestly, The evening feels so great for me, so I feel you, sent you a message!

No Prozac for 249 days.

@Altostrata  I seen the Dr yesterday and he is getting some liquid zoloft made up up. 

My question is. . should I wait for the liquid or is the homemade suspension as good. ?  Also, is there a difference in strength? 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m