SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Upnorth: reinstating

Upnorth

• Administrator

Yes, you might start with homemade liquid.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Are you going to reinstate ? I'm in the same place as you. 

- 10 mg lexparo 1.5 years

- ativan for panic 0.5 , never more than once daily and not everyday for 4 years.

-cold turkeyed in June 5 of 2021.

Buspar a few days and had severe muscle pain. July 26, 27, then 30 of 2021.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Frogie..

Just wondering if you think I may be having benzo wd.

I was using ativan last summer in July and August.  Not every day and only 0.5 mg ..

I stopped using it in Sept 12 and did not taper from that amount as I was unaware that I should taper.  Do you think it would be part of my problem? 

I have been off the zoloft for 15 months and I'm considering reinstatement as per Alto's micro dose suggested amount. 

I have taken 1 dose of ativan. .0.5 mg on Jan 11th to help me out with my drive to the Dr. 

Do you think that if I reinstate the zoloft,at the micro dose, it would be better than using ativan? 

I've been really struggling lately and having a terrible time.  Intrusive thoughts ..high anxiety..not much sleep, maybe 3 or 4 hours and waking with cortisol spikes and spend most of my day with terrible nausea. Not sure what to do. .

I'm going to answer you on your page so all the moderators know what it going on and they can help you also.

Is that ok?

We don't give tapering/reinstatement advice in PM's.

Thanks,

Frogie

Do you mean my intro page? 

Trying to find it..

I haven’t put it on there yet because I wanted your permission first.

I received the above PM from Upnorth and as you can see, I asked permission before posting this on here. I wanted all the other moderators to know what is going on.

@Upnorth

How did you feel when you took the 1 dose of Ativan on January 11 to go to the dr? Did it make you feel better/worse or how?

I wouldn't recommend reinstating the Ativan at this point as you have been off of it so long, I would have to agree with @Altostrata on reinstating the Zoloft first and see how you do.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Did you end up reinstating a low dose of Zoloft? If you did I hope it works for you. I am considering the same …. 

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

Thanks @Frogie

I haven't reinstated yet but seriously thinking about it. 

The 1 dose of ativan did help . Just wondering if you think the reinstatement would work as well. 

Having lots of dark thoughts and pretty scared. .

Started 100mg zoloft daily in Sept 2010.

Started taper Sept  2019 . Last dose was Oct 2020.                                                                                                            Taper was not done properly.

Reinstated zoloft liquid on Feb 6 2022 at 1mg .Feb 16-26, 2mg.

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

June 10 still holding at 3.0mg.

June 16 started split dose.

June 27th upped morning dose to 1.5mg. Evening dose is 2.0mg.

December 11  I tapered off my morning dose in August and currently at 3.5mg at night. I take 0.5mg of ativan on occasion but try not to use it.

@Upnorth

I can't say it will work or not. Some people it does after all that time and some it made them worse.

You could try a very small amount and see what happens.

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

@Altostrata @Frogie 

This is probably a stupid question but will the powder from the zoloft capsules  disolve in water? 

The pharmacist said I can't make my own liquid solution and I'm still waiting to receive the liquid from out of town pharmacy. 

Is there a difference between tablets and capsules?  I have capsules. .

Started taper Sept  2019 . Last dose was Oct 2020.                                                                                                            Taper was not done properly.

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

December 11  I tapered off my morning dose in August and currently at 3.5mg at night. I take 0.5mg of ativan on occasion but try not to use it.

Here is a link on how to make your own solution.

On 1/24/2022 at 5:14 PM, Upnorth said:

Thanks @Frogie

I haven't reinstated yet but seriously thinking about it. 

The 1 dose of ativan did help . Just wondering if you think the reinstatement would work as well. 

Having lots of dark thoughts and pretty scared. .

Did the ativan dose help? I wanted to ask if you had a brief moment of clarity

Klonopin Mar 2013 - Feb 2021 - used .000 gram scale to cut pills did very slowly from 2017-2021, had no issues stopping after final dose that was sub .5mg diazepam equivalent (If anyone wants advice for tapering Klonopin with a gram scale, feel free to ask!)

tapered off zyprexa twice over 2 weeks in my 20's, had little issue with that after about 3-4 years of use both times.

Prozac 40MG for 5 years - 2016 - 2021 (Total of 13 years of consecutive use)

(Most recent after last break, been on cumulatively in my life 14 years all times combined, 3 separate on/off occasions, all successful except most recent 3/4)

Recent Issue:  Tapered gradually from 40MG down to 0MG from May 7th - Aug 18th

Felt fine through Oct 5th, slowly started getting depression, panic, and anxiety (Was original thing I was treated for)

Decided to go back on SSRI Nov 1st, reacted very bad to 20mg reinstatement, day 1 was fine, day 2 had ADR. Doctor said to drop dosage.

Took 5mg for 2 weeks, 10mg for 2 weeks, still felt physically sick, could not take 20mg for more than 3 days, looking for advice going forward (ADR)

Not happy about it, but on 1.5mg 3x ativan and temazepam 15mg for sleep

(Was sleeping 2-3 hrs nightly prior to temazepam, was first thing that broke 2-3 hr then wide awake sleep cycle)

Main symptoms: headaches from certain foods and meds, sleep is broken, anxiety and agitation is extremely high, cortisol spike sensitive, bad in morning better at night, panic attacks, concentration is awful, focus is awful, anhedonia is awful, sensitive to light and noise, especially noise, extreme depression, intense bouts of fear, every looks and feels 'scary' at times, stress tolerance extremely low, have bouts of extreme anxiety, and bouts akathesia, and bouts extreme anticipatory anxiety over basic events/tasks. Nervous system is clearly crashed.

No Prozac for 249 days.

Yes it helped for awhile but scared of the merry go round.  Don't want to take any and trying to stay away from them.  Just depends on the day. . It did calm me down and give me a break. 

I guess I should keep track of the results for future reference. 

That was the only dose I have taken since Sept 12th. and I don't want to be dependent on them but the chemical imbalance is hard to tolerate. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

3 minutes ago, Upnorth said:

Yes it helped for awhile but scared of the merry go round.  Don't want to take any and trying to stay away from them.  Just depends on the day. . It did calm me down and give me a break. 

I guess I should keep track of the results for future reference. 

That was the only dose I have taken since Sept 12th. and I don't want to be dependent on them but the chemical imbalance is hard to tolerate. .

I feel you, it is great you got some relief and at least know it still helps, that 1 day won't get you back on the merry go round and at least you know now

can i ask upnorth, what are all your current symptoms, from worst to best, and are you sleeping?

Klonopin Mar 2013 - Feb 2021 - used .000 gram scale to cut pills did very slowly from 2017-2021, had no issues stopping after final dose that was sub .5mg diazepam equivalent (If anyone wants advice for tapering Klonopin with a gram scale, feel free to ask!)

tapered off zyprexa twice over 2 weeks in my 20's, had little issue with that after about 3-4 years of use both times.

Prozac 40MG for 5 years - 2016 - 2021 (Total of 13 years of consecutive use)

(Most recent after last break, been on cumulatively in my life 14 years all times combined, 3 separate on/off occasions, all successful except most recent 3/4)

Recent Issue:  Tapered gradually from 40MG down to 0MG from May 7th - Aug 18th

Felt fine through Oct 5th, slowly started getting depression, panic, and anxiety (Was original thing I was treated for)

Decided to go back on SSRI Nov 1st, reacted very bad to 20mg reinstatement, day 1 was fine, day 2 had ADR. Doctor said to drop dosage.

Took 5mg for 2 weeks, 10mg for 2 weeks, still felt physically sick, could not take 20mg for more than 3 days, looking for advice going forward (ADR)

Not happy about it, but on 1.5mg 3x ativan and temazepam 15mg for sleep

(Was sleeping 2-3 hrs nightly prior to temazepam, was first thing that broke 2-3 hr then wide awake sleep cycle)

Main symptoms: headaches from certain foods and meds, sleep is broken, anxiety and agitation is extremely high, cortisol spike sensitive, bad in morning better at night, panic attacks, concentration is awful, focus is awful, anhedonia is awful, sensitive to light and noise, especially noise, extreme depression, intense bouts of fear, every looks and feels 'scary' at times, stress tolerance extremely low, have bouts of extreme anxiety, and bouts akathesia, and bouts extreme anticipatory anxiety over basic events/tasks. Nervous system is clearly crashed.

No Prozac for 249 days.

Probably the worst is the nausea and dizziness.  I also have tinnitus and my sleep is never the same.  I've been getting about 2 to 4 hours most nights, sometimes 6.   I am waking up to the cortisol spike and intrusive thoughts. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

Me too

- ativan for panic 0.5 , never more than once daily and not everyday for 4 years.

• Administrator

Read this

On 12/23/2021 at 8:06 PM, Altostrata said:

Zoloft comes in a prescription liquid so you can take very small amounts, or you can make your own liquid, see Tips for tapering off sertraline (Zoloft)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...

@Altostrata

I reinstated liquid zoloft 1mg on Feb 6 and did this for 10 days. I increased to 2mg, 2 days ago and have not seen any changes yet. 

I am still having trouble with the anxiety and nausea but it seems to be the same as before reinstatement. 

Is there anything I can do for the anxiety and nausea or do I just keep going and hope to get some relief. 

I'm so tired of being sick like this and not getting any rest. 

The Dr sent me for blood work and ecg and the results came back as normal. 

Should I just increase by 1mg every 10 days? 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

@Altostrata @Frogie

My Dr prescribed domperidone for my nausea but after reading about it I don't think it is a good idea. 

Any thoughts or suggestions for the nausea would be appreciated. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

@Upnorth

I had extreme nausea when I was tapering Lexapro. I found eating small meals, yogurt, soup, crackers, things like that helped. I also found some, and I know it sounds silly, but they are called Preggie Pops on Amazon. They helped a lot.

• Administrator

@Upnorth how do you feel before and after you take the dose of Zoloft?

@Altostrata

I take it late at night, which is when i usually feel sort of okay, I don't seem to feel much different before or after. 

I've been really struggling with the nausea but that hasn't changed since before reinstatement. 

From what I read, domperidone is a dopamine antagonist so I don't think I should try that. .any thoughts on this? 

The first half of the day is terrible. .usually wake up with the cortisol spike and spend most of the day trying to calm down and deal with the nausea and inner  agitation. 

I've been using gravol but it has limited effect. 

There must be a way to ease all this suffering? 

Feel like I'm loosing the battle. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

• Administrator

You are nauseous in the morning? What time does this start?

@Altostrata

The nausea usually starts shortly after I get up.

I take a gravol when I wake up to try and get some relief.   The Dr prescribed domeperidone for the nausea but I read it is a dopamine antagonist and unsure of trying it. 

Do you know anything about domeperidone? 

Also, how long should I wait before up dosing? 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

• Moderator Emeritus
30 minutes ago, Upnorth said:

Do you know anything about domeperidone? 

We have recently had some members joining SA having issues with withdrawal symptoms as well as having difficulty getting off the drug.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/search/?q=domperidone

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

Domperidone is another drug that may incur physiological dependency and withdrawal. In fact, it is a failed antipsychotic. Please be sure to research all the drugs that may be prescribed for you. This is your job as a patient.

If you're willing to take domperidone, why are you not willing to try reinstatement of low-dose sertraline?

@ChessieCat@Altostrata

Thank you ChessieCat. .

I had searched the sa site and couldn't find this info. 

Guess I was looking in the wrong place? It sounds like something I want to stay away from . Just like to find some relief from the nausea and that was what the Dr said but I think it would just add insult to injury . Might as well take an ativan.. at least then I know I'd get a break. 

Alto. .I have been researching all recomendations but wanted some input from you guys because you have more knowledge.  I didn't know it was a failed anti psychotic even after searching the Web. I don't think I will be using the domperidone. .thanks for shedding light on this drug.

Also. .I have reinstated zoloft. . I did 1mg for 10 days and currently on day 8 of 2mg and have been replying to your questions.  

18 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Domperidone is another drug that may incur physiological dependency and withdrawal. In fact, it is a failed antipsychotic. Please be sure to research all the drugs that may be prescribed for you. This is your job as a patient.

If you're willing to take domperidone, why are you not willing to try reinstatement of low-dose sertraline?

I had asked for some time line ideas ..how long do I stay at the current dose before up dosing?

I haven't seen any relief yet. ..  anxiety has increased and nausea is ongoing.  Not functioning very well. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Upnorth said:

I had searched the sa site and couldn't find this info. 

It's not you, I had trouble finding it and I knew that it was there.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@ChessieCat

Thanks. .just glad I was able to read those posts. 

I'm amazed that my Dr recommended this drug but I guess he thinks it would help my nausea. 

I was hoping that the reinstatement would have eased some of my symptoms  by now. .it's hard to function on little to no sleep. .

Starting to wonder if I'll ever heal from this torture. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

@Altostrata@ChessieCat

Would you ladies think that the increased agitation and random sweating be an adverse reaction to reinstating?  

I have done 10 days at 1mg and 8 days at 2 mg and noticed more anxiety and the last couple days I've had a few spells of increased sweating.  It doesn't last long but is concerning. My sleep is also minimal. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

• Administrator

What time o'clock do you take sertraline? How do you feel before and after you take it?

How has your symptom pattern changed since January, prior to reinstatement? Your sleep pattern?

@Altostrata

I usually take it around 11:30 pm. because that is when my system seems to be a bit less agitated. 

I haven't noticed much change before I take the dose.  The anxiety and discomfort are pretty much the same, other than a few acute sweating spells the last couple days. 

After I take it I usually stay up till 3 am because that is the only time I feel sort of okay. No change in this time frame, was like that before reinstatement. 

My symptoms are similar to before reinstatement other than I feel more anxious and irritated. The nausea is a bit worse, feel like throwing up but never do. No appetite, force myself to eat. I've been using gravol to take the edge off and it helps a bit but usually just suffer through the day. 

My sleep is around 3 hours and fragmented. .wake up with cortisol spike and wait for it to calm down and try to go back to sleep which usually is just a series of naps. Lots of intrusive thoughts cause I feel defeated and exhausted. 

I had hoped that the reinstatement would calm things down by now but there hasn't been any improvement.  

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

Ruff day today ..

Agitated really bad and anxiety is overwhelming. .

Woke up with the cortisol spike and lots of dark thoughts. Guess my body is so exhausted ..just wish I could get some sleep and have a break from this hell. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

Hi Upnorth,

Sorry to hear that you are still struggling. It’s so difficult to function well on little sleep and feeling anxious all day. I too struggle with these symptoms. 

Have you tried magnesium? It doesn’t have any side effects unless you take too much (diarrhea). I find it somewhat calming. I use a powder called Calm, mix it with water and sip it throughout the day.

I don’t know how often you take gravol, but maybe it is causing some of your symptoms?

https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Alberta/Pages/Substance-use-gravol.aspx

Hang in there.

Believer

1998-2015 Zoloft. 100mg

2015 Straight switch to Wellbutrin by GP who claimed Zoloft stopped working; I was experiencing occasional brain zaps. 3 months later Wellbutrin  XR. Highly activating. Lost ability to sleep. Seroquel x3 nights. Horrible reaction. Straight switch back to Zoloft, began taper. Found SA  after tapering 25 mgs a week to 25mgs and began experiencing W/D.

6/21/19 5.05 mg; 9/6/19 4.8 mg; 4/24/20 4.57 mg; 8/27/21 4.43 mg

9/20-9/25/21 xover to new RX from expired meds

10/22/21 4.13 mg; 11/26/21 3.93 mg; 4/15/22 3.74 mg; 6/3/22 3.54 mg; 8/5/22 3.38; 9/30/22 3.19; 11/18/22 3.03; 12/30/22 2.88; 2/17/23 2.74; 3/24/23 2.60; 5/12/23 2.47;  6/23/23 2.35; 8/11/23 2.24; 9/15/23 2.13; 10/20/23 2.02; 11/24/23 1.92; 1/12/24 1.83; 2/17/24 1.72; 3/23/24 1.64

Supplements: Natural Calm magnesium, Vitamin C Vitamin D during winter.

@Upnorth

Dear fellow anxiety sufferer.  No one wants to feel like this and be in a state of mental anguish and uncertainty. I am sorry this last weeks has been such a nightmare for you. 

I have read the thread with care and see that you have been seeking a chemical cure for your problems. And from bitter experience I know that psychotropic medications even in low doses can be counterproductive. You will see from my signature that I have made a right mess of trying to cope in the past. 

In your story you don’t mention the reason for being thumped on sertraline, nor of any psychotherapeutic intervention or alternative ways at dealing with your anguish. There may be a better way of looking to your hopefully calm and positive future than grasping at a medical model. 

I am only trying to help, but if you find my post inappropriate then please say so. I use several non medical methods to deal with the pain of anxiety.  What you deserve is calm, friendship, support, self nurturing and hope. 

Yours 

OldDodgy 

Edited by OldDodgy
Typo

My Intro topic.  Was Dickie in FB gabapentinoids 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

2020 June Stopped Pregabalin 150 at night using Ashton Method Some holds. 

2021 December Stopped Mirtazipine 15 using Ashton Method. (Slower at end). 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Oxazepam 10mg.STOPPED 10th FEB 2022  “Rescue dose x 2 in 2 months. 

Buccastem 3mg less than 1 a month for nausea. 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

Chewable melatonin works, the chewable, the normal one didn't work for me. Everyone on here writes like they have a degree in English lit. I am a sloppy person, I felt like the melatonin works, I know its not the best to take regularly and I don't always but I was blown away that the chewable works so much better than the regular one. 

• Administrator
On 2/24/2022 at 1:39 PM, Upnorth said:

After I take it I usually stay up till 3 am because that is the only time I feel sort of okay.

Is staying up until 3 a.m. a longstanding habit or only since you reinstated sertraline? What do you do until 3 a.m.?

On 2/18/2022 at 10:30 PM, Upnorth said:

I reinstated liquid zoloft 1mg on Feb 6 and did this for 10 days. I increased to 2mg, 2 days ago

Please put the information about your reinstatement in your signature.

@Altostrata

Yes the 3 am is a long standing habit . Been that way for a long time. It's usually the only time of my day that I feel some relief and the nausea is at a minimum. Usually just watch movies or read and try to relax. I don't sleep well,maybe 3 hours and the rest of my time in bed is like a bunch of small naps.

I guess I'll have to figure out how to post  the info in my  signature .

Should I go to 3mg?  I haven't felt any relief yet or stabilized. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

@OldDodgy

Not really looking for a chemical solution.. was just hoping that the reinstatement would ease some of this suffering.  Then I could do a proper taper the way it's recommended on this site . 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m