AloneLover: My story and experiences of drugs I will write briefly here

AloneLover

21 hours ago, AloneLover said:

Unfortunately Iam living in very bad conditions I am alone Tell me clearly how long the withdrawal symptoms last If I find informations then I will find hope that one day I will be healed Then I can fight to some extent I know it's different for everyone Can withdrawal symptoms last for four or five years?

Thank you so much for your kindness and help

I'm sorry withdrawal has been hard on you. Withdrawal is hard. That is why we have this support forum. The average from the one limited study that has been done is 3 years (this is one study and not enough to actually know). Though still people can heal in less. From what I have seen average for healing time is about 3 to 5 year. This is just from my own observations. Someone else with more experience may correct me. Some people have no progress for two years then hit a bunch of progress by the third. Some people heal so slowly they almost don't notice until they look back. Unfortunately we can't say how long it will take. If everyone was one the same meds with the same factors we would have a better idea.

So we go by milestones.

Make it through the first year. That is an achievement. Because most of us don't know what is going on. Do not understand our symptoms or how withdrawal works. For a lot of people not much healing takes place in year one, but it is a learning year and it is important to get through it.

Year two. You made it two years. Some people look forward to this because they see this as the start of their healing or they see progress.

They milestones go on and vary between different people.

It is extremely hard and scary at times because we don't know when ours is going to end and there is no general time line. It will get worse and then better and then worse and then better, until it stays better.

For way more details on this go to the link below:

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

• Moderator Emeritus

When trying anything new be sure to only try one thing at a time and only try a small dose to start.  Also only make one change at a time:

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

SA's topics for the only supplements which SA recommends:

Magnesium

Omega-3 Fish Oil

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thank you very much I calmed down a lot. Now I know that this is due to stopping the medication I used to think I had a disease that had no diagnosis or treatment withdrawal is very dangerous I will try hard to do what you told me This is what happened to me 10 years ago when I first stopped taking the drugs During these 10 years I went to many doctors Unfortunately they prescribed me different drugs but I never got better I did not feel better when I was on medication From the beginning my body was allergic to drugs now I know I also feel that I am not like this these thoughts are not from me Your forum is very helpful Thank you very much now I can hope that one day I will be healed too Unfortunately the situation in my country is bad I can not do much I will try to do what you told me I have used fish oil before But I'm sensitive to it it made me weak and dizzy the eleventh month is almost over It will be a year after another month that I have not taken any medication

2011 - started Fluoxetine, followed by many other psychiatric drugs, including Sertraline, Praxotine, Olanzapine, Dulxionee, Mirtazapine, Inderal, Co Dipracap, Helin, Tenxiat

January 2021 - stopped all psychiatric drugs. 

The use and manufacture of these drugs should be illegal In our country many people use these drugs arbitrarily to find peace These drugs are very dangerous they are poisonous What is going on in the world they made poison in the name of medicine I pray for peace in the whole world

2011 - started Fluoxetine, followed by many other psychiatric drugs, including Sertraline, Praxotine, Olanzapine, Dulxionee, Mirtazapine, Inderal, Co Dipracap, Helin, Tenxiat

Hi These drugs were made to help with mental health problems But instead of solving problems, they create very dangerous side effects What is the secret of making these drugs and what kind of problems do these drugs cause in the body that cause such dangerous and long-term symptoms do these drugs prove to be harmful to everyone or they may be helpful to some

• Moderator Emeritus

This book gives a history of antidepressants:

Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America

by Robert Whitaker

And pharmaceutical companies are businesses with shareholders so their aim is to make money:

Interview:  Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher (51 minutes Gwen Olsen - ex pharmaceutical representative)

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Symptoms of quitting antidepressants are not a natural illness It is caused by psychotropic drugs Which are made by humans like the corona virus Those who made these drugs can still make a drug to relieve these symptoms but they will never do that because Their goal was to make people sick If we think logically they did not do it just to gain money They have other big goals also The informations I received and read from the forum i figured out There is no cure for withdrawal symptoms of antidepressants and this is absolutely true because I also feel how fatally traumatized my body and brain by these drugs anyone who has used these drugs will feel this not only me the last word is this anyone who was lucky and whose body was able to eliminate these side effects over time will survive and the body and brain of those who can not bear this long gradual death will die The world needs an essential and fundamental change This horror and barbarism must end oppressed and innocent people are tools for the benefits of demons and oppressors 

does derealization cause insanity This is a very scary and dangerous feeling how to get rid of it

1 hour ago, AloneLover said:

does derealization cause insanity This is a very scary and dangerous feeling how to get rid of it

Derealization makes you feel cut off from the world or like something is off. It is an awful feeling, but it can not kill you. It also cannot make you insane though it can be upsetting or stressful to the mind. Many here suffer from chronic derealization. Many people focus on touch and texture. I believe someone in here said it was a sense they could trust. Closing your eyes while you feel many help. 

Unfortunately there are some symptoms we have to wait out.

To cope with this symptom many people use exercise or swimming. Touch is another one people use. Some people are able to accept it. 

Let yourself know it cannot hurt you. It is your nervous system making everything feel wrong. I am sorry you are dealing with this symptom. 

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

Do medications cause this condition? I was anxious since childhood but I was able to control my stress now I have very poor stress control anything intimidates me 

• Moderator Emeritus

This page shows the common withdrawal symptoms that people might experience:

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

Thank you very much for your help and kindness I will definitely read the information I have delirium I do not know what is going on in my mind what happened to my brain this is clear sign of delirium Is there is a cure for delirium? Iam living in a very bad condition I can not even see a doctor I am very miserable

• Moderator Emeritus

Here is the link to SA's success stories:

success-stories-recovery-from-psychiatric-drug-withdrawal

Do you have any physical problem ?? like bloating , gastro issues ?? fatigue ?? how is your sexual function ?? How much muscular are you ??

how is your sleep ??

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

I went same as you, Doctor kept on prescribing me drugs. It felt like it would continue foreever, fortunately I found this website and stopped all drugs within 3 years.

Those doctor led you drug for 10 years ?? OMG , there was a girl here in this cakesgimmecake, doctor led her to take drug for 15 years .

Dont know psychiatry doctors are killers or healers .

It is good news you got out of this hell of drugs else they would insist you take them foreever in lifetime.

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

Hi I stuttered since I was a child I went to the doctor to cure my stuttering I was anxious in the society but I enjoyed everything I was a normal person I could give logical answers to my stress Unfortunately I also developed PTSD when I was in withdrawal Which continues to this day Ten years passed, but my brain never changed I did not know about the side effects of the drugs Unfortunately the doctors prescribed different drugs for me during these ten years Until I read about the harms of the drugs on the Internet On Facebook I met the best person I have ever met in my life she informed me  about the side effects of the drugs and Withdrawal she helped me alot  during these ten years I left the drugs arbitrarily several times I did not know anything about tapering doctors are killers They only think about money, human life is not valuable to them I do not have any physical symptoms physically iam completely healthy my weight is normal sexually also normal But Iam mentally devastated, my soul is dead I had gained a lot of weight while taking the medication It has been eleven months since I quit all the medication and now my weight is normal again It's been almost a month since I found a muscle spasm I'm suffering from severe anxiety.

I hope one day we will be completely healed I am very tired It is very difficult to bear this gradual death.

4 hours ago, AloneLover said:

I hope one day we will be completely healed I am very tired It is very difficult to bear this gradual death.

I understand that feeling. I have breakdowns sometimes over it, how exhausting it feels. It's too early in our recovery to call it a slow death. But yes, its ok to be tired. Get rest where you can, mentally and physically. We should treat ourselves gently the best we can. I am glad you don't have psychical symptoms aside from the muscle spasm. You will be able to sleep, eat well, and walk. That will help with healing. Mental symptoms are very hard to deal with so treat yourself gently. 

History:

You have stopped taking medicine for three years? Yes It is much harder and more annoying to deal with psychological symptoms withdrawal is very dangerous and torturous, it completely destroys the whole function of the nervous system

8 hours ago, AloneLover said:

You have stopped taking medicine for three years? Yes It is much harder and more annoying to deal with psychological symptoms withdrawal is very dangerous and torturous, it completely destroys the whole function of the nervous system

Unfortunately I am still on some pills but too unstable to try to get off of them. I quit a lot of them much like you.

History:

I had no information I had to stop taking the medication gradually I left the drugs arbitrarily several times and used it again This caused damage to my nervous system I will never use medicine again

Informations about my current situation

Hi, I received an email asking for more information about my current Situation I'm not in a good mood my mind is vague I have severe fear and anxiety The medical community should regulate the use and prescription of these drugs In my country, even doctors do not know how to stop taking these drugs for their patients I stopped using these drugs several times and later used them again with different doses Because I did not know about the harms and consequences of these drugs The important thing is who should use these medications I was not depressed i was mentally completely healthy I just had mild anxiety Because of my stuttering, which I could easily treat with counseling and psychotherapy But I was prescribed most of the antidepressant drugs that ruined my life I found out informations about these drugs through the internet You have taken a very good step to make people aware Thank you so much This can save the lives of so many peoples

Edited by ChessieCat
added Intro topic title before merging with intro topic

I have a question Can antidepressant withdrawal cause OCD or increase it I do not know why my brain is bothering me. I was not like this before taking the medicine. It is true that I was stressed anyone can have stress it is natural but now my brain does not allow me to calm down like I should never be calm and I should always suffer It causes me problems with everything and it bothers me a lot is this is withdrawal Symptom ?

• Moderator Emeritus
11 hours ago, AloneLover said:

Can antidepressant withdrawal cause OCD or increase it

Other members have posted that withdrawal can cause them to have OCD-like symptoms:

obsessive-compulsive-disorder-or-ocd-repetitive-intrusive-thoughts-compulsive-behaviors

I had problems since childhood because I stuttered I had social anxiety I also had obsessive thoughts but they did not disrupt my life I Could Control everything Medications made my problems worse and created new problems These strange thoughts are not from me I did not think like that I had logical reasons for my problems, they were really problematic

10 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Other members have posted that withdrawal can cause them to have OCD-like symptoms:

I had OCD along with social anxiety The source of my social anxiety was my stuttering But I did not have strange thoughts I was not afraid I enjoyed everything I just had social anxiety and I was upset and anxious among people Because of my social anxiety I went to the doctor to cure my social anxiety and Stuttering When I left the drugs for the first time after five months I was in a terrible state I lost my mind I did not know what I am thinking about my Every thought scared me The same situation continues to this day 10 years has been passed I went to many doctors and took medicines but I never got better I do not know now whether these are side effects of the drugs and its withdrawal or I really have a mental problem Please guide me I'm so confused I do not know what to do It has been eleven months since I quit all the drugs  

I do not enjoy anything I always think about my illness that when will I get better Ten years passed, but nothing changed in my mind my mind always bothers me I can no longer live like this I am very scared if I stay like this forever and never get better I can not change my mind No matter how hard I tried but I could not.

When your mind becomes vague and you ask yourself what Iam thinking about, what happened to me you look for flaws in everything You can not understand your feelings and mental state You are suffering and in deep panic Is this is sign of derealization?

Please someone answer me 

Is brain fog  caused by inflammation in the brain ?

23 minutes ago, AloneLover said:

Is brain fog  caused by inflammation in the brain ?

Popular theory. But from my own experience if you get a scan it won’t show anything.

Brain fog is related to cognitive function. That, anhedonia and pssd seem to be related someway. Some say because they all have to do with the prefrontal cortex. But honestly it’s all connected, so many thing can go wrong to cause it. Some say lack of dopamine is to blame. Because dopamine is needed for memory and emotions. Others say it’s receptor issues. If anything is off it can mess everything up. And we don’t know enough to pinpoint anything. Because it’s all complex and interwoven. It seems to be speculation for now. 

History:

1 hour ago, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

Popular theory. But from my own experience if you get a scan it won’t show anything.

Brain fog is related to cognitive function. That, anhedonia and pssd seem to be related someway. Some say because they all have to do with the prefrontal cortex. But honestly it’s all connected, so many thing can go wrong to cause it. Some say lack of dopamine is to blame. Because dopamine is needed for memory and emotions. Others say it’s receptor issues. If anything is off it can mess everything up. And we don’t know enough to pinpoint anything. Because it’s all complex and interwoven. It seems to be speculation for now. 

I also read on Google that One of the most common

symptoms of brain inflammation

is brain fog, that feeling of slow

and fuzzy thinking. Other common

brain inflammation symptoms

include depression anxiety,

irritability, anger, memory loss,

and fatigue. Even getting a song

stuck in your head is a symptom Yes the structure of the brain is very complex and mental problems can not be seen by imaging the brain.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:27 AM, AloneLover said:

Even getting a song

stuck in your head is a symptom

That explain why we have a thread dedicated to earworms😆

was just experiencing that myself, but with all my other symptoms it seems like small beans.

History:

9 hours ago, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

That explain why we have a thread dedicated to earworms😆

was just experiencing that myself, but with all my other symptoms it seems like small beans.

I can not stop crying I had symptoms of withdrawal Derealization & brain fogs  Doctors prescribed me olnazapine olnazapine is used to treat schizophrenia I read on Google now  I was healthy They can not diagnose the disease How did they do this? They are very evil They are the enemies of humanity. Will the side effects of these drugs disappear? I wish I had never seen a doctor I am in a terrible panic They prescribed me schizophrenia drugs What happens if a healthy person takes schizophrenia drugs ?

Please give me informations they also prescribed me quetiapine I remember now which is also used to treat Schizophrenia 

All of these are common symptoms for withdrawal. All drugs affect the central nervous system. What’s done is done. And symptoms have to be waited out. New drugs added can destabilize the nervous system no matter what they are used for. If you are looking for advice on symptoms search the forums. There are topics dedicated to these symptoms 

History:

What happens in the body when we use antidepressants drugs ?

And why when we quit these drugs our minds become frightened and anxious

• Moderator Emeritus