curiousnootropics: Zoloft hell

curiousnootropics

Hello

I'm Curiousnootropics. Short story about me: In 2019 I started to suffer from rough anxiety and I started to look for ways to deal with it. A couple of weeks later, my doctor pushed me in to taking SSRI (Zoloft), otherwise he would not sign the papers for sick leave. I was in such a bad position, I took it.

After about 8 weeks of hell, my anxiety was much less so I continued with that for about 1 year. On the last months of Zoloft, I started to realize I had lost many friends. I started stop caring on the meds, even stopped caring about my family. I became lazy, fat, having problems with my vision, having sexual side effects, having nightmares on Zoloft. I realized that I needed to get off it and deal with reality. I tried to taper off 4 times without success and the 5th time, I managed to do it but I did it in 3 months which was WAY TOO FAST for me.

I'm 13 months off now (1 year on Zoloft), and I have had almost every withdrawal symptoms. The mood swings, severe insomnia, blurry vision, severe anxiety, severe depression and the brutal muscle tensions/pains are the worst for me. I have tried many supplements and many of them have failed BIG TIME. I'm very sensitive to supplements. I'm nowhere recovered yet.

The ones that help for me are: DL-phenylalanine, Saffron, Magnesium (glycinate but it makes me less active) and a multivitamin

The ones that were a disaster for me: 5-htp, Agmatine, B-complex, St johns wort

Supplements I have heard of and want to try: L-taurine or L-tryptophan. Anyone experienced these?

I have been here and reading for a while, but I managed now to make an account because this seems to be the best site to get best support. My doctors are not with me at all

Zoloft, November 2019.  I worked up to 50 mg and stayed there until 1 year later. I tapered for 3 months, which should consider to be cold turkey.
Tapering schedule:
Month 1: 37.5 mg

Month 2: 25 mg

Month 3: 12.5 mg

Month 4(Half the month): 6.75 mg
Month 4(Other half): 0 mg December 9, 2020

• ChessieCat changed the title to curiousnootropics: Zoloft hell
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello curiousnootropics, and welcome to SA.  We are a volunteer-run community of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  You have come to the right place.  I'm very sorry to hear that you are going through all of the uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.  Please rest assured that you will eventually recover from this, given time and proper self care.  How is your eating?  Are you able to do basic day to day functioning?  

Can you please give us specific information about your drug history and supplements for all drugs you are on and have been on, especially for the past 18-24 months?  It would be especially helpful to have the details of your drugs in a concise vertical list (no symptoms), only drug names, specific dates (as best you can say for example early March if you don't recall the day) and dosages of each medication decrease or increase.  Use this format:

Drug name: date, dose, date, dose, date, dose…

Etcetera

Please read the link below for instructions.  This will allow us to give you the best guidance.  

How to List Drug History in Signature

Here is some information about how these drugs actually work.   This explains why we get symptoms from going off of these medications, and why we suggest a slow and cautious taper.

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

This helps you understand what withdrawal syndrome is: 

Video on Recovery from Psych Drugs

What is Happening in Your Brain

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Also, as we are recovering, we suggest keeping things slow, simple, and stable. 

Keep it Simple, Slow, and Stable

Here is a link with checklists of common WD symptoms: 

Dr Joseph Glenmullen Withdrawal Symptom Checklists

Here are some techniques to cope with symptoms: 

Non Drug Ways to Cope with Withdrawal Symptoms

We don't suggest many supplements, but 2 that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. I see that you are already benefitting from magnesium, which is good.  Perhaps some omega-3 would also help you.  Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you.  A word of caution about multivitamins - often they contain high amounts of B vitamins, which can be activating to the nervous system and cause or aggravate insomnia, anxiety, restlessness, agitation, etc.  I personally don't take B vitamins, but try to eat a healthy whole food diet to get my vitamins in my food. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Here is a thread about supplements in general: 

Hypersensitivity to Supplements

Topics About Supplements, Tests, Treatments, etc

I know I've given you a lot of information.  Take you time to go through it, and feel free to ask any questions.  Eventually, your system will sort itself out, but it takes a lot of time, and patience.  Hang in there, and let us know how you are doing. 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

4 hours ago, getofflex said:

Hello curiousnootropics, and welcome to SA.  We are a volunteer-run community of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  You have come to the right place.  I'm very sorry to hear that you are going through all of the uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.  Please rest assured that you will eventually recover from this, given time and proper self care.  How is your eating?  Are you able to do basic day to day functioning?  

Can you please give us specific information about your drug history and supplements for all drugs you are on and have been on, especially for the past 18-24 months?  It would be especially helpful to have the details of your drugs in a concise vertical list (no symptoms), only drug names, specific dates (as best you can say for example early March if you don't recall the day) and dosages of each medication decrease or increase.  Use this format:

Etcetera

Please read the link below for instructions.  This will allow us to give you the best guidance.  

How to List Drug History in Signature

Here is some information about how these drugs actually work.   This explains why we get symptoms from going off of these medications, and why we suggest a slow and cautious taper.

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

This helps you understand what withdrawal syndrome is: 

Video on Recovery from Psych Drugs

What is Happening in Your Brain

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Also, as we are recovering, we suggest keeping things slow, simple, and stable. 

Keep it Simple, Slow, and Stable

Here is a link with checklists of common WD symptoms: 

Dr Joseph Glenmullen Withdrawal Symptom Checklists

Here are some techniques to cope with symptoms: 

Non Drug Ways to Cope with Withdrawal Symptoms

We don't suggest many supplements, but 2 that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. I see that you are already benefitting from magnesium, which is good.  Perhaps some omega-3 would also help you.  Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you.  A word of caution about multivitamins - often they contain high amounts of B vitamins, which can be activating to the nervous system and cause or aggravate insomnia, anxiety, restlessness, agitation, etc.  I personally don't take B vitamins, but try to eat a healthy whole food diet to get my vitamins in my food. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Here is a thread about supplements in general: 

Hypersensitivity to Supplements

Topics About Supplements, Tests, Treatments, etc

I know I've given you a lot of information.  Take you time to go through it, and feel free to ask any questions.  Eventually, your system will sort itself out, but it takes a lot of time, and patience.  Hang in there, and let us know how you are doing. 

I'm pretty much bed ridden and on sick leave. I eat pretty healthy and well. I'm having severe anxiety at the moment, but it is mostly my fault. I tried Flow Neuroscience and it started my severe anxiety. I'm having severe shivering, feeling cold, chest tightness etc (had manageable anxiety before I tried it). Flow neuroscience is a tDCS device that stimulate the brain. I did 2 sessions, I hope I'm not permanently damaged from that because I'm in hell now. Today is day 3 without it but I'm still in very bad shape. I also suffer from severe insomnia (13 months off, do you think I can try melatonin 0.3 mg?)

I have only tried Zoloft, I took it 2019 in November I think. I worked up to 50 mg and stayed there until 1 year later. I tapered for 3 months, which should consider to be cold turkey.

Tapering schedule:

Month 4(Other half): 0 mg

As you can imagine, this would absolutely send me into withdrawal.

Regarding supplements: I have bad experience with fish oil, it increased my depression a lot. I'm unsure about Magnesium. I took it before Zoloft but I don't react that good on it anymore. I tend to eat magnesium foods instead

Zoloft, November 2019.  I worked up to 50 mg and stayed there until 1 year later. I tapered for 3 months, which should consider to be cold turkey.
Tapering schedule:

Anyone suffers from severe insomnia?

I'm suffering from it right now. Some days I can't fall asleep at all and some days I fall asleep 9-10 in the morning which is horrible. Anyone have any tips? I'm 13 months off, I'm thinking of trying Melatonin 0.3 mg. Is it a bad idea?

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

Tapering schedule:

• Moderator Emeritus

There are many existing topics on SA.  SA likes to keep similar information in one place so it is easier for members to find and discuss.  Before creating a new topic, please do a search to see if one already exists.  Use the site search function or an internet search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.

I have seen your post in the Insomnia topic but I will give you the link:

tips-to-help-sleep-so-many-of-us-have-that-awful-withdrawal-insomnia

26 minutes ago, curiousnootropics said:

I'm thinking of trying Melatonin 0.3 mg. Is it a bad idea?

melatonin-for-sleep

19 minutes ago, curiousnootropics said:

Can you use it as a foot bath if you don't have a bath tub?

There is more information about using epsom salts/magnesium in this topic:

magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

2 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

There are many existing topics on SA.  SA likes to keep similar information in one place so it is easier for members to find and discuss.  Before creating a new topic, please do a search to see if one already exists.  Use the site search function or an internet search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.

I have seen your post in the Insomnia topic but I will give you the link:

tips-to-help-sleep-so-many-of-us-have-that-awful-withdrawal-insomnia

melatonin-for-sleep

There is more information about using epsom salts/magnesium in this topic:

magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker

Very much appreciated!

You are off I see, how are you doing?

Tapering schedule:

• Moderator Emeritus
19 hours ago, curiousnootropics said:

I'm having severe anxiety at the moment, but it is mostly my fault. I tried Flow Neuroscience and it started my severe anxiety. I'm having severe shivering, feeling cold, chest tightness etc (had manageable anxiety before I tried it). Flow neuroscience is a tDCS device that stimulate the brain. I did 2 sessions, I hope I'm not permanently damaged from that because I'm in hell now.

I would stay away from anything that stimulates the brain.  Our brains tend to already be overly activated and stimulated when we are withdrawing from SSRI antidepressant drugs.  This manifests in symptoms like anxiety, insomnia, agitation, restlessness, irritability, racing thoughts, etc.  When we are in WD, our nervous systems are destabilized.  I would suggest avoiding anything at all that affects the nervous system, be it devices, drugs, supplements, etc.  Our nervous systems react in unpredictable ways, and often these things tend to further destabilize us.  We at SA use the least harm approach.  The best path to healing, in our opinion, is time, and natural non invasive self care techniques, such as described a link in my original post.  Things like a walk outside each day can be very therapeutic, meditation, listening to relaxing music at a low volume, especially at night when you can't sleep, being outside in nature, eating a healthy natural diet and avoiding processed foods, avoiding alcohol and any mood altering substances, getting enough water to drink, etc.  Avoid unnecessary drama and negative people and avoidable stress really helps, too.  

19 hours ago, curiousnootropics said:

Today is day 3 without it but I'm still in very bad shape. I also suffer from severe insomnia (13 months off, do you think I can try melatonin 0.3 mg?)

Yes, melatonin can help with sleep.  Please read this link for ideas on how much to take: 

Melatonin for Sleep

I will copy your drug history, and put it in your signature box.  That way, it is automatically included in each post for easy reference by the staff.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

P.S.  Do you remember what months you did this tapering?  That would help a lot.  

I know you said the first 8 weeks of the Zoloft were hell.  

Q: What specifically did you mean by this?  What were the symptoms?  

Q: After the 8 weeks were up, did you still have any side effects from it, and if so, what were they and how bad were they? 

Q: Have you felt any improvement at all in your withdrawal symptoms since you went off the Zoloft in November 2020, up until you tried the Flow Neuroscience device?  

Edited by getofflex

I would stay away from anything that stimulates the brain.  Our brains tend to already be overly activated and stimulated when we are withdrawing from SSRI antidepressant drugs.  This manifests in symptoms like anxiety, insomnia, agitation, restlessness, irritability, racing thoughts, etc.  When we are in WD, our nervous systems are destabilized.  I would suggest avoiding anything at all that affects the nervous system, be it devices, drugs, supplements, etc.  Our nervous systems react in unpredictable ways, and often these things tend to further destabilize us.  We at SA use the least harm approach.  The best path to healing, in our opinion, is time, and natural non invasive self care techniques, such as described a link in my original post.  Things like a walk outside each day can be very therapeutic, meditation, listening to relaxing music at a low volume, especially at night when you can't sleep, being outside in nature, eating a healthy natural diet and avoiding processed foods, avoiding alcohol and any mood altering substances, getting enough water to drink, etc.  Avoid unnecessary drama and negative people and avoidable stress really helps, too.  

Yes, melatonin can help with sleep.  Please read this link for ideas on how much to take: 

Melatonin for Sleep

I will copy your drug history, and put it in your signature box.  That way, it is automatically included in each post for easy reference by the staff.  

Yeah, it was a very stupid idea. I went to the ER and talked with the CEO at Flow Neuroscience and both the doctors and CEO told me that it can't cause permanent damage because it is a very low electric stimulation. It feels like it now but I guess my mind is playing tricks on me. I hope it will get better.

Thanks for the help

P.S.  Do you remember what months you did this tapering?  That would help a lot.  

I know you said the first 8 weeks of the Zoloft were hell.  

Q: What specifically did you mean by this?  What were the symptoms?  

Q: After the 8 weeks were up, did you still have any side effects from it, and if so, what were they and how bad were they? 

Q: Have you felt any improvement at all in your withdrawal symptoms since you went off the Zoloft in November 2020, up until you tried the Flow Neuroscience device?  

I was completely off the drugs 9th december 2020

I had almost every withdrawal symptoms, but the worst was the mood swings and suicidal thoughts

I have a lot of side effects left, like PSSD, Anhedonia, worse anxiety, worse depression, brain fog etc.

My windows were pretty good, where I almost felt like I was back to my normal self. But I have been in a wave for months now. The stimulation put my withdrawal in to overdrive, it has been awful these last 6-7 days. I hope I have not caused permanent damage through the stimulation

Tapering schedule:

• Moderator Emeritus

If it were me, I would read the link on non drug ways of dealing with symptoms, and practice some of those.  It can help with the depression, anxiety, etc.  

Trying the 2 supplements I suggested can help with the brain fog (omega-3), and the anxiety. (magnesium).  Just try one at a time, starting with a low dose, to see how it affects you. 

Hi Curiousnootropics,

I saw you mention in your first post wondering about Taurine.  I had seen it recommended for heart palpitations from withdrawal insomnia, and bought some online and it did seem to help.  Outside of the Taurine and taking more Vitamin C  and Liquid Iron (for iron-deficiency anaemia i had probably gotten from Zoloft), most supplements I've bought have either made things worse or done nothing at all.  A lot of the supplements that  i would read about online  as either helping with sleep, or digestive issues or fatigue, that i would purchase, would give me headaches or stomach aches, but Taurine did seem to help when i was dealing with heart palpitations from the withdrawal insomnia.  

I've tried the L-tryptophan, as well, earlier on in withdrawal.  It's in a lot of "natural" OTC sleep aides, but didn't seem to do a lot to address the severe insomnia i was dealing with.  It would make me a little sleepy, but my sleep would still be short and mostly nightmare filled or else have the depressed, vivid imagery common with cold turkey withdrawals.  

With melatonin, it's usually recommended in tiny doses of .25-.5 mg, with less being more, in terms of efficacy.  It didn't do a lot for me personally, and i had even at one point tried 12-15 mg per night of the liquid version (sounds like a lot, and probably is, but it's actually sold in those doses on Amazon, in fact, the higher dose melatonin are some of the more popular sellers for the supplement).  It would make me almost drunk, where i would fall asleep rather quickly, but about two months into taking it, i noticed that my urine was clear and had a strong fruity smell to it, which is a type 2 diabetes symptom.   I looked online and there was actually a study out of Sweden in 2017, linking melatonin supplements with onset of type 2 diabetes, since when you increase melatonin through supplementation, it causes the body to reduce insulin production.  The effect may not be that great at lower doses, but that is what the study found.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/310321

Poetjester (Derek)

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I've moved your new topic about hair to an existing topic:

hair-loss-poor-condition-body-hair-excessive-hair-growth

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• 1 month later...

Increased anxiety 15 months off, did this happen to anyone else?

How can I stop this hell?

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

Tapering schedule:

• Moderator Emeritus

Q:  Have you been sick, experiencing additional stress (eg relationship/work issues, financial, loss of a friend, relative or pet), drinking alcohol, drinking caffeine beverages, taken any supplements or other medications (eg cold/flu), eating Chinese food or snack food (which contain MSG, a neurotoxin), drinking diet soft drinks containing aspartame / phenylalanine, overdoing exercise?

It's been a stressful 2 years due to Covid 19 and even though things are returning to a more normal state, it is still different and can be stressful.  There are different kinds of stress; including high level stress (which we generally notice straight away) and long term low level stress.  The low level stress can build up without us realising that it is having an effect on us.

When things worsen it is a good idea to think back over what might have happened / changed in the last few months that might be the cause or contributing factor.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I've moved your post to the existing topic.

There are many existing topics on SA.  To find them you can use the site search function OR use an internet search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.

ashwagandha-herb-for-anxiety-stress-and-toxic-overload

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Your new topic has been merged with the existing topic.  SA likes to keep similar information in one place to make it easier for members to find.  Please search to see if one exists before making a new topic.  Thank you.

Ariel has provided some search results in a post responding to your question (she made 2 posts).  You can find it here:

exercise-do-more-do-less-do-nothing-what-worked-for-you

I'm soon 18 months off with no improvement. I'm starting to wonder if I ever will recover. My life is over, I'm a broken man.

Tapering schedule:

@curiousnootropics

I'm curious to know if your anxiety has improved at all following your use of tdcs?  I had a very similar experience recently, and am worried I did something permanent.  I used a brain stimulator in hopes of getting some tinnitus relief (which started after trying zoloft).  About 3 hours after my first use of the brain stimulator, my anxiety/panic shot up and has not come back down at all - it's been about 10 days and I'm hanging on by a thread.  Not only has my anxiety gotten worse, but I now have worse tinnitus, as well as intense feelings of derealization/depersonalization.  I'm in a bit of disbelief, as I don't understand how one 10 min. session of tdcs could mess up my brain so bad.  

I truly hope you are feeling better - no one should ever have to feel like this.  

-Sept. 2021 - Hydroxyzine, can't remember dosage amount, (took off & on for 2 weeks) not much help,
-Sept. 2021 - Zoloft 25mg. (1 week) anxiety skyrocketed, nightly panic attacks
-Oct. 2021 - Ativan .5mg (off & on 3-4 weeks) insane rebound anxiety after each dose.
-stopped Ativan, and everything went downhill shortly after.
-currently in a state of constant terror & panic with no let up - way worse than before meds.

12 hours ago, CallOfTheWild2 said:

@curiousnootropics

I'm curious to know if your anxiety has improved at all following your use of tdcs?  I had a very similar experience recently, and am worried I did something permanent.  I used a brain stimulator in hopes of getting some tinnitus relief (which started after trying zoloft).  About 3 hours after my first use of the brain stimulator, my anxiety/panic shot up and has not come back down at all - it's been about 10 days and I'm hanging on by a thread.  Not only has my anxiety gotten worse, but I now have worse tinnitus, as well as intense feelings of derealization/depersonalization.  I'm in a bit of disbelief, as I don't understand how one 10 min. session of tdcs could mess up my brain so bad.  

I truly hope you are feeling better - no one should ever have to feel like this.  

Hello

I feel that the problems from the tDCS is gone, took me 2-3 months to get over them.. I thought I never would recover from that. Hang in there my friend

Tapering schedule:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

4 hours ago, curiousnootropics said:

Can the waves be worse at the end of withdrawal?

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

• 4 months later...

I'm now suicidal 23 months off and having severe anxiety. What the hell do I do? Can anyone give me any advice?

Tapering schedule:

Hello @curiousnootropics, I'm only one month off the medication and have the same awful feeling. I don't know what to do either cause it interferes severely in my life. I'm almost bed-bound.

Please try to hold onto something till someone with experience leaves a reply for you here. I've just taken Alprazolam to try to stop my mind. 

Bear hug 

"Journey" summary:

July 2022: prescribed Enzude (desvenlafaxine), generic form of Pristiq.

Dose: minimum available (50 mg)

Reason: tiredness, not feeling energy at all, sadness, extreme premenstrual syndrome, heavy periods.

⬇️

October 2022: quitted drug without tapering.

Symptoms: extreme tiredness, body aches (specially lower back, neck and hips, headaches) suicidal ideation, slowliness in thinking, difficulty in waking up, tiredness all day through, no intention to undertake anything (plans, going out, meeting people and so on), sensation the world has come to an end for me.

⬇️

December 2022: diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency plus Epstein-Barr virus.

Reason to join Surviving Antidepressants: to feel less lonely, to seek support and to get informed.

Fun fact: Venlafaxine shares chemical formula with Tramadol: C16H25NO2.

Please seak help .. try not to listen to the thoughts 

Its hard and im not here to tell you to ride the wave out but i do know that this does pass. If possible try to reach out to a medical professional or helpline and just talk through your thoughts

This could possibly be a wave that your going through and i know mine comes unexpectedly when i think im nearly through the other side it hits me and knocks me back 

2011 diagnosis eupd with psycosis given 50mg quitapine 75mg venlafaxine 

2013 increase of medication 100mg quietipine 150mg venlafaxine 

2014 stopped medication 

2014 reinstated medication 

2017 increase quietipine 150mg venlafaxine 225mg

2019 increase of quietipine 200mg

2020 stopped medication severe withdrawal so reinstated after a week

July 2021 reduced both medications down to zero

Medication free since September 2021

Currently trying vitamin c and magnesium and 5htp to see if it relieves any symptoms

I really feel for you. It will get better even if it does not feel like that now. Do you have someone you can call or a health contact?

2013 - 2020 50 mg zoloft. During this time a couple of attempts to stop. (One attempt meant reducing it over just one month or so and the other one over a few months).

Tried escitalopram for a short period instead of sertraline (quickly went back to zoloft)

2020 - Started tapering more successfully. Small steps with the help of a very supportive doctor.

June 2022 - Were then at 12 mg zoloft and changed to fluoxetine for the last bit of the tapering (suggested as an alternative by a new doctor). Unfortunately the doctor gave me a dosage that was too small. This meant I went from 12mg zoloft to the equivalent of 6 mg, in one go, (apart from taking both zoloft and fluoxetine for the first week).

July 2022 - The doctor adviced to also take away the fluoxetine after six weeks, since I became very unwell. This is how I stopped ssri.

I currently have promathezin and propranolol to help with wd. November 2022 - Reinstated 2 mg of zoloft which has been helpful so far.

Call a helpline or an emergency service if you are suicidal 🧡 Make sure you are not too alone with these thoughts. They will pass but you need someone to talk to. Thinking of you!

2013 - 2020 50 mg zoloft. During this time a couple of attempts to stop. (One attempt meant reducing it over just one month or so and the other one over a few months).

Tried escitalopram for a short period instead of sertraline (quickly went back to zoloft)

2020 - Started tapering more successfully. Small steps with the help of a very supportive doctor.

June 2022 - Were then at 12 mg zoloft and changed to fluoxetine for the last bit of the tapering (suggested as an alternative by a new doctor). Unfortunately the doctor gave me a dosage that was too small. This meant I went from 12mg zoloft to the equivalent of 6 mg, in one go, (apart from taking both zoloft and fluoxetine for the first week).

July 2022 - The doctor adviced to also take away the fluoxetine after six weeks, since I became very unwell. This is how I stopped ssri.

I currently have promathezin and propranolol to help with wd. November 2022 - Reinstated 2 mg of zoloft which has been helpful so far.

• Moderator Emeritus

@Andromeda @shazzak1403 @Elisabet Thank you all for responding @curiousnootropics

For those who are feeling desperate or suicidal

Please seek local support. 

The staff understand and are sympathetic to your situation.  However as an Internet forum, we cannot help with emergencies.

This is what I found for Sweden.

Nagon att tala med Samaritans
GOTHENBURG
Hotline: (46) 31 711 2400

Nationella Hjälplinjen
Box 22335
104 22
Stockholm
Contact by: - Phone http://www.suicide.org/images/check-mark.gif
Hotline: 020 22 00 60
Hours:
    Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs: 05:00 - 22:00

Thanks. I have been in contact with professional

I recently had COVID, I have severe symptoms from the covid..

Tapering schedule:

Hello Curiousnootropics, I´m glad you stopped by to say how are you doing. I hope you feel at least a bit better!!!!

"Journey" summary:

July 2022: prescribed Enzude (desvenlafaxine), generic form of Pristiq.

Dose: minimum available (50 mg)

Reason: tiredness, not feeling energy at all, sadness, extreme premenstrual syndrome, heavy periods.

⬇️

October 2022: quitted drug without tapering.

Symptoms: extreme tiredness, body aches (specially lower back, neck and hips, headaches) suicidal ideation, slowliness in thinking, difficulty in waking up, tiredness all day through, no intention to undertake anything (plans, going out, meeting people and so on), sensation the world has come to an end for me.

⬇️

December 2022: diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency plus Epstein-Barr virus.

Reason to join Surviving Antidepressants: to feel less lonely, to seek support and to get informed.

Fun fact: Venlafaxine shares chemical formula with Tramadol: C16H25NO2.