Olivetree2000: CT Effexor

Olivetree2000

Hi all! 
so I am also on my own journey of stopping Effexor. I however did stop cold turkey. I’m 15 days in and mentally I am completely fine but I would like to reach out to this community to help with the physical side effects. 
My short term memory seems to have gotten terrible, and I’m quite “in the clouds.” I also have developed pharyngitis coupled with a cough and cannot seem to get rid of it. In the first week I was also very nauseous and I had a fever, but that is no longer the case.

I understand my body is in shock so I would like some guidance with some vitamins to try and get it back to strength. I am currently taking Olive Leaf morning and night, and Vitamin C, magnesium and iron in the morning. Please let me know if anyone has some more advice. 
Thank you so much,

olivetree

• Frogie changed the title to Olivetree2000: CT Effexor

@Olivetree2000

Hi and welcome to SA. We are a volunteer run site with all the members that have been through or going through some of the same things you are currently.

This is your main topic page. It is where you can ask questions, make comments, talk with other members. We ask that each member only have one page to keep your information in one area so everyone can read it when needed.

Can you please create a signature.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

I'm sorry you went off Effexor cold turkey.

Did you chose to do this or did a dr take you off cold turkey?

How long were you on Effexor? 

What were the main symptoms that you had and how long did they last?

We don't recommend anyone going off a medication cold turkey.

I'm going to give you some links to read.

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

Brain Remodelling

Digestive problems:  Nausea, Diarrhoea, Bloating, GERD

As for the sore throat/cough I would have a dr look at that if it gets any worse as that could be a simple cold or an infection.

We don't recommend many supplements on here except 2. You might try one at a time and just a small amount to see how you react.

Magnesium

Omega-3 Fish Oil

I hope some of this information will help you.

If and when you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We are here to help.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Edited by Frogie

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.