fkphamah0es: Need help, want to help

fkphamah0es

• Moderator Emeritus

Helloe fkphamah0es and welcome to SA,

Please tell us about your experience with psychiatric drug/s.  Answering the following questions will help us to understand your situation.

What help do you want from SA?

Was Remeron the only drug you have taken? 

How did you stop the drug? 

Why did you stop after only 6 months?

What withdrawal symptoms did you experience after stopping the Remeron?

Are you currently taking any psychiatric drugs or supplements?

Are you experiencing withdrawal symptoms?

Please create your drug signature following these instructions:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

This is your own Introduction topic.  Each member has only ONE Introduction topic.  Your own Introduction topic is the best place to ask questions specific to your situation and where you can journal your progress.  This keeps your history in one place and means you do not have to repeat your story.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• ChessieCat changed the title to fkphamah0es: Need help, want to help
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope

Yes

2 weeks taper

Mania

Felt like my soul was gone

Severe apathy, anhedonia

Depression, insomnia, panic attacks  confusion, dr / dp, severe anhedonia, aphaty

Omega 3, l tyrosin

Remeron?

Depression, insomnia, panic attacks  confusion, dr / dp, severe anhedonia, aphaty

I'd like to post in the anhedonia / apathy thread but can't, I'm severe damaged and want to share my story there.

Edited by ChessieCat
italicised questions
  • Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for answering the questions I asked.

Please create your drug signature as requested above.  This will allow members to see your drug history at glance.  Doing this gives your posts context and means that members do not have to find your Intro topic to get the information.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, fkphamah0es said:

Yes

It sounds like you may have had a bad reaction to Remeron, especially if the bad effects soon after you started the drug.

There is no "quick fix" after this has happened.  Only time.  Generally the symptoms will gradually reduce.  Please read the following:

See:

immediate-adverse-reactions-to-an-antidepressant-or-within-a-few-doses-how-long-for-recovery

But I only took it for a Week - immediate adverse reaction

Also see the member Success stories for adverse reactions:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/search/?q="adverse reaction"&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=28

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

On 1/7/2022 at 3:27 PM, fkphamah0es said:

Hope

Yes

2 weeks taper

Mania

Felt like my soul was gone

Severe apathy, anhedonia

Omega 3, l tyrosin

Remeron?

I'd like to post in the anhedonia / apathy thread but can't, I'm severe damaged and want to share my story there.

I am sorry you are going through this. You stopped remeron 9 years ago? Have you seen any improvements during these  years ? Are u able to work at all or function a bit on a daily basis? 
I am bedridden and totally dysfunctional after just few weeks on Zoloft that I took 14 months ago . I am sorry for what these evil drugs have done to us …. I pray in God for a miracle of healing …. 

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

On 1/12/2022 at 3:14 PM, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I am sorry you are going through this. You stopped remeron 9 years ago? Have you seen any improvements during these  years ? Are u able to work at all or function a bit on a daily basis? 
I am bedridden and totally dysfunctional after just few weeks on Zoloft that I took 14 months ago . I am sorry for what these evil drugs have done to us …. I pray in God for a miracle of healing …. 

Compared to the person I once was  this is just a black tunnel now, I can do the simpliest things like cleaning my house, I do program for cognitive training. There was improvment in motivation only but not for long as I cant function not having emotions and feelings, no matter what I do, its just monotonic...

53 minutes ago, fkphamah0es said:

Compared to the person I once was  this is just a black tunnel now, I can do the simpliest things like cleaning my house, I do program for cognitive training. There was improvment in motivation only but not for long as I cant function not having emotions and feelings, no matter what I do, its just monotonic...

I wrote you a private message. 

Ad's since 2016 (I was 16 then...) (Escitalopram) 

Nov 2018 switch to venlafaxin 150mg

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Reinstated venla 150mg in Juli 2020.

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

Current dose 50mg venlafaxin

No other medication. 

No supplements

Stopped smoking 29.12.2021

No alcohol 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/27/2021 at 10:34 AM, ChessieCat said:

Please create your drug signature following these instructions:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

As TWICE previously requested, please create your drug signature.  This allows members to see your drug history at a glance and gives posts that you make elsewhere on the site more context and means that the members do not have to visit your Introduction topic to find out information about your drugs.