SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

haley: Not too sure what to believe...

haley

• Administrator

haley, do you have any refills left on your old Paxil prescription?

You can phone the pharmacy and have them refill it for you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• haley

• Altostrata

• Brandy

• Barbarannamated

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

haley, do you have any refills left on your old Paxil prescription?

You can phone the pharmacy and have them refill it for you.

Sometimes the pharmacy will call the docs office to get additional refills on your behalf if there are none left on the script, I wonder if this would help.. could this possibly just go thru so you don't need to deal with the office? (too easy it sounds, but one can always hope)

Do you even want to treat with the docs you were seeing anymore, sounds like you are pretty steamed at them for all the hassles (and they may be aware of this?). What would your options be if you wanted to move on, are the they part of a clinic that provides other services to you, whose assistance you need so it is not so easy to move forward and sever ties.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

yeah, I would have too check at the pharmacy. my mom actually works there. I will leave her a notes but the therapy place is closed again this weekend. they are all against me getting back on it. prolly because I said one tiny thing about feeling confuseday while on it. I dont thinks I have any receipts.

"Before God, We were all equally wise and equally foolish."-Albert Einstein

Paxil(paroxetine) 20mg prescribed in april 2012

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Moderator Emeritus

yeah, I would have too check at the pharmacy. my mom actually works there. I will leave her a notes but the therapy place is closed again this weekend. they are all against me getting back on it. prolly because I said one tiny thing about feeling confuseday while on it. I dont thinks I have any receipts.

Ask the pharmacy for copies of the receipts. They have to give them to you on request as far as I know. I have gotten copies for myself and never had difficulty. Your Mom would not be involved unless you ask her to intervene, and she would need to clear any request with you because of confidentiality concerns. Haley, this is something you can easily do for yourself without involving your mother.

Do you think the problem with getting another Paxil script is the docs think it caused so many side effects (some of which seem to have been withdrawal) they do not feel you should take Paxil again?

What type of 'therapy place' is this you go to. Is it a community mental health service?

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Administrator

Good idea, Schuyler.

haley, if there are refills available on your Paxil prescription, the pharmacy will know. Phone them or phone your mom and see if you can get your prescription refilled.

If they have to call the doctor's office, they'll phone on Monday.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

yeah, but no doctor is getting in touch with me.

I think this is bullsh*t. I cannot calm down. When i do i just get depressed, and then i start going crazy. Will i ever be normal again?

C'T paxil after 30 days.

I don't wanna talk too anybody. I don't have a license too go anywhere, nor a job. I can't do this alone.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

haley, phone the pharmacy and ask them to refill your Paxil prescription. They'll phone the doctor if they have to.

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't wanna talk too anybody. I don't have a license too go anywhere, nor a job. I can't do this alone.

Haley.. pick up the phone and call the pharmacist. Ask them

1) to renew the script when the docs office is open. The pharmacy will place the call and you will not need to do anything further. (I'm not thinking of a call to the pharmacy as 'talking to anyone', as this is a routine call and all you do is need to relay basic info that will take no more than a few seconds. I'm hoping this is not what you mean when you say you don't want to talk to anyone.)

2) Ask the pharmacist to print out a copy of your receipt for Paxil then give them permission to give it to your mother. Or you can ask the pharmacy to mail it to you. If you have trouble remembering what you are going to discuss, print a copy of the questions and just read them to the pharmacist.

You don't need to drive anywhere.

Haley,

I know we're online friends and not right there with you, but you are not alone. Hang in there. We can do some good networking to help you.

Is your mother understanding or supportive? Sometimes it's harder when our loved ones are part of the mainstream medical community and dont understand that these drugs can be harmful. Is your mother a pharmacist or assistant to pharmacist?

I understand if you don't want to talk to anyone. Nobody knows how you really feel inside.

It's scary right now, but you're going to be ok.

Barb

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Yes, i believe my mother isn't supportive, she has been trying too kick me out, because i told her I cannot talk out loud, how would i be able too work.... When i never know what day it is. But she has been on and off antidepressants her whole life, and it has never effected her this way, so she doesn't understand. She is a stocker in the pharmacy. And says that the pharmicist know more about the drugs than she does, but when I went they tried giving me celexa. I will have too call monday because my doctor hasn't called it in.... I have too get a new appointment set up.

I do need support at the moment, but it feels like everybody in my life, is pushing me further down.... "You're Selfish Haley." "Your just putting on an act, Haley." I literally have nobody. I thank you all though. Sorry if i am rambling.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

haley, is it possible there is a refill left on your OLD prescription of Paxil?

If you phone the pharmacy, they will give you a refill if there's one left.

Phone them and ask for a refill.

• Administrator

haley, can your mom help you with this? Or are you afraid to talk to her?

I will be getting paxil tommorrow, oh how long its been. I was only on the med for a month. But i felt oddly sleepy on it and side effects were present. Is there a point of return when you feel like you have lost it. I'm at rock bottom, kind of glad though i'm 19. Maybe just maybe one day. I won't be sooooo scared of the world. And maybe the colors I used too see will come back too me.

"Everything I loved, Become everything I lost." I am sooo hopeless, that I will ever be okay. I am sooooo sorry if i seem a little overbearing. I mean I know anxiety has been going on, but i could learn how too deal. When i am okay.

THANKS EVERYBODY WHO HAS BEEN OF HELP.:) you all are super strong.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

How did you get the Paxil, haley? What dosage did you get?

Are they tablets or capsules?

I got twenty mg tablets. I took 2mg. from nyc pychiatrist.

I donte see a difference. feel wide awake. disconnected. more anxiety. but its is the first night.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

You might want to cut a tablet in half and take only 10mg, haley. You might not need 20mg to make you feel better, it might be too strong.

I got twenty mg tablets. I took 2mg. from nyc pychiatrist.

I donte see a difference. feel wide awake. disconnected. more anxiety. but its is the first night.

I'm a little confused. Did you take a whole 20 mg tablet, or just a piece of one?

I agree with Alto that you should just take a part of a dose.

People usually don't feel the effects of antidepressants immediately.

You might want to start with just 5 mg. By breaking a tablet into fourths.

You can do this with a pill splitter. (Also called a pill cutter.) They cost a few dollars and are sold at drug stores and even many supermarkets.

Then you could cut the pill in half, then cut each half into halves again. Take your time lining the pill up in the splitter and cut them as evenly as possible.

Whether you take one-fourth of a pill (5 mg) or one-half (10 mg) at first, stay at that dose for at least several times, to not only give it time to work, but to let it take full effect. Then see how you do on that. The goal is to minimize withdrawal symptoms, without taking enough to cause side effects.

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

I cut it from twenty to ten. too five. tooo 2.5. I believe I will I have too go up to five.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

so I only took 2mg.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

5mg might be fine, haley. Be patient and find the lowest effective dose.

been at five for two nights. idk what to do anymore. I fought so hrd to get the paxil but now tht im on it I dont really feel the way I did the first time on it. patience is wearing tthin. I took a bunch of supplements at the begginning and an antibiotic for like seven days. also took two stay johns worts. you dont think that could cause any damage? I am thinking ill be in this for awhile. what if I can never feel good again. wht if im never me. I want too be normal. I mean im 19 I know I have time. but I donte want too feel this way for years. Idk if idea last that long. I need too calm down, but this is torture.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

You probably won't feel the same way on it, your brain has been hurt.

Did it help your symptoms at all? It may take some time for Paxil to help withdrawal symptoms.

An antibiotic can make you feel sick, too.

DO NOT take supplements right now.

DO NOT take St. John's Wort.

These can make you feel worse.

I just got back on it. and I already want back off.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

Haley, it's too soon for you to know if the reinstatement will help or not.

It's EXTREMELY important to make any changes in meds carefully and as rarely as possibly.

Don't jump on and off (or up and down) in dose based on how you feel at a given moment.

What has changed since you reinstated that makes you want to go off it? (Knowing that will help Alto know how to advise you.)

Please don't make ANY changes in the paxil or anything else until you tell her what's changed and she advises you. OK?

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

• Administrator

haley, I sure can understand you're wanting off Paxil!

You need to go slow so you don't hurt your brain again.

How are you feeling now?

Depressions still here, DP, but I feel super anxiety. I am having major stomache probs. but that was previous too getting back on the medication. I still have a headache. Like a huge brain ache. Uh... If this don't work.

What about homeopathy?

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

Be sure to take the Paxil at the same time every day.

Homeopathy might help a little, but it won't take away the withdrawal symptoms.

Don't try to fix it with supplements, you need to let your brain settle down.

Well i don't see a difference. or maybe i'm just not sure.

I have been taking 5mg every night. I can't sleep good still. Cant have fun still.

Depression is sitting. I can barely remember who i was, or what i used too do. I don't remember hardly anything.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

Haley,

You might not notice yet, but you *sound* much better. Sometimes it's hard to tell when we're in the middle of it, but you defintely sound stronger and calmer.

The other feelings will come back.

You did good. You took care of yourself in a challenging situation.

Barb

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Administrator

haley, is that right -- you were only on Paxil for a month? April to May?

You've been taking the 5mg for only a week. Give it some time.

How much are you sleeping? Did this get better?

Haley,

I was only on Zoloft for a little over a month and came off of it way to fast. I was suprized by the symptoms considering I had only been on it for a short time. I had know idea that these drugs could do so much to you in such a short amount of time. You will get through this and you have a lot of people here to help support you through it. My thoughts are with you.

Prozac(situational depression) 1993 discontinued sometime in 1994 without WD problems

Paxil from 2003 until 2004 for anxiety/panic attacks

25mg of Zoloft from March 2012. started tappering in April and took my last one on May 13, 2012

I was only on it for a month. And yes, I see big changes in my personality. And sleeping feels like not sleeping just a short break from reality. its prolly like six hours every night. but i don't feel like im sleeping.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Moderator Emeritus

Haley,

Please give the 5mg some time to work. It took me at least a month after reinstatement of my med to feel improvement. It is highly recommended to stay consistent and not make a lot of changes. I've learned this by trial and error! If I can help prevent someone else, perhaps you, from making same mistakes, I won't feel it was totally all done in vain.

You will be yourself again. I have had those same thoughts and feelings. It will take time but it will happen if you won't do a lot of changing like upping or cutting too soon. Your youth is probably in your favor, just try to be patient and allow your brain ample time to get adjusted to the med being reinstated.

I feel for you, we all do...hang in there and you will get better. Listen to Alto, she's my hero, she will always give you the best advice.

{{{hugs}}}

tezza

I'm staying with my ex at the moment, and hate too be so pessimistic, but she has two other friends staying there as well, they are soo hyper and i cannot sleep. Seeing normal teen life is so hard, i was there like seven months ago before i hit this point of medication. I want so badly too just feel better. And these anxiety attacks are killer. I am scared I'll never be able too have sex and enjoy it, I am scared I'll never be happy. I am scared I will never smile again. Sorry i have nowhere else too go too talk about this. I feel so broken. I just want too feel alive. Like everybody else. I always hear people trying too help, but it just frustrates me. I'm having really bad thoughts about myself, and don't want anybody too see me. I want too run away and hide. I am soooooooooooooooo scared. Lasst night, I had really bad suicidal thoughts. And i think i'm almost hallucinating, because whenever i see something out of the corner of my eye I feel like its an animal but then i check and its just a block of wood, or a chair. I am freaking out about this.

You can't die from this can you?

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

No, you will be okay, haley.

One of the things that makes this very difficult is it's scary. You feel like you're losing control. Everybody feels like this.

You need to remind yourself to stay calm and not go to a scary place, haley. This is like learning how to play the guitar, you have to practice.

Six hours of sleep is not too bad for withdrawal syndrome. It's important for you to find a peaceful place to stay, so your nervous system can stabilize.

Are there any other places you can go for a while? Other family?