SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Kara2302: CT Fluoxetine/ Adverse reaction Amitryptiline

Kara2302

Hallo, I am From Germany. I dont know where to Start. I Tool fluoxetine 20 mg From 2011-2019, I Reduced the drug about 6 month. I were pregnent in That time, my daughter is Healthy! 😇 A few days After giving birth and 5 month After Stopping fluoxetine, I got Amitryptiline against pain. I had a terrible adverse reaction ! Stopped the Ami immadiately! 

I am 19,5 month Out now ! And still so ill, ist was much better, Not normal … but better … Now i am in a terrible Wave again … i am so sad😢

I took Zero Drugs or drank Alcohol … Nothing ! 

How Long Can it Last ? Will I Ever get healthy ? :( 

love, 

kara

2011-2019 Prozac (6month Taper) 
May 2020 Amitryptiline Adverse reaction to three doses (2mg) !!

• ChessieCat changed the title to Kara2302: CT Fluoxetine/ Adverse reaction Amitryptiline
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Kara.

This thread may help with the "how long does this last" questions:

Are We There Yet? How Long Is Withdrawal Going To Take?

Here is more information on withdrawal:

How psychiatric drugs remodel your brain

Healing from antidepressants. Patterns of recovery video (4 minutes)

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

You may find some helpful information to handle your symptoms here: 

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

We don't recommend a lot of supplements, as many members report their nervous systems are simply too fragile to handle them. However, magnesium and fish oil tend to be calming to the nervous system and many people report they do help. Please only add in one supplement at a time and at a small dose. For more, please see:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Hallo, Thank you 🙏

I red the article Written By brasmonkey and get the Creeps 😰😰 

6 years out and still Bad Waves ?? Omg 😭 

sorry, I am so anxious … I cant 🙁 

Best regards ❤️

@Kara2302 When I was in withdrawal, I got spooked by Brassmonkey's article too. I read it and skipped work that day. When I was at my worst, I remember a mod telling me to go back and look at it, because he had revised it. I said no, I remember every single word he said. I think it's written just to issue a very heavy warning to people who are still using their medication not to cold turkey, since it has the potential to be a more damaging and perilous way to go about quitting their drug. Unfortunately it's not written to be considerate for those of us who read it after we had no choice about tapering (the mods went around for a bit about me reinstating, but it's pretty confusing on how to do that when you've quit multiple drugs at once, so the default was just to do nothing), so our sense of safety and the future is deeply sacrificed.
I am here to tell you that I healed after 22-24 months off, and not only was I a cold turkey, I cold turkeyed two different meds (one SNRI and one antipsychotic) within a month of each other. I had started healing at month 13 and slowly got better. So, don't worry so much about Brassmonkey's article. If I could have just invalidated it when I was going through withdrawal, it would have saved me a lot of bad days. And it was wrong about me...by a longshot. 

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

@armorall Thank you so much ! 🙏❤️

So nice to hear, you recovered so „fast“ ! 

But I am already 19,5 month off and in my worst wave since the beginning of last year. I can‘t understand why it is so bad again ! 🙁 I am in so much fear … 🙁 

btw … sorry for my english, I try my best. 

Thank you for helping. 🙂 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 1/8/2022 at 8:54 AM, Kara2302 said:

But I am already 19,5 month off and in my worst wave since the beginning of last year. I can‘t understand why it is so bad again ! 🙁 I am in so much fear … 🙁 

That's why I linked to Brassmonkey's article - there are a lot of people who struggle at 19.5 months out, it's not unusual. But that doesn't mean you won't heal. There are far too many success stories to suggest we don't heal.

Success stories: Recovery from psychiatric drug withdrawal

Please check out the links I left in my previous post about non-drug coping and on fish oil and magnesium. There are many things you can do to be more comfortable and to calm your nervous system.

@Shep oh okay … yes, I noticed … But I cant live with That for 6 years or more 😞 it was way better … I cant believe. And I have got a wonderful Little daughter, I have to function … it Feels like everything is Happening again 😩😩

• Moderator Emeritus

We have no idea how long withdrawal lasts for each individual person. You may heal at the 2 year mark. There's no rhyme or reason. I would encourage you to spend your limited energy on non-drug coping skills and adding in a bit of fish oil or magnesium in, one supplement at a time and at a low dose. Doing things that will help you goes a long way to preventing learned helplessness, which will slow down your healing. There are many things you can do with your little girl, such as mindfulness and gentle yoga - these are great for kids. You can find a lot by googling (I just found this - Mindfulness for Kids).

@Shep Thank you very much ! My daughter is only 1,5 years old, But My husband is working Full time, so I care about her, and try to Fill all the time wird love, happiness and other Things my Girl Need, it was so so soo wonderful to Enjoy That, Till the wave came … But she Needs me, i am fighting and Hoping the Wave will End Soon … in That time I try to find coping Skills 🙏

@Kara2302 I know this is hard, but let me reassure you about something- don't worry about having limited energy with your daughter. I know, I felt the same way about my son. Children are very resilient and they intuitively know that you are giving them all you can. After my son saw me sick all that time- he actually became such a great kid, and very relaxing. When adults that are caring for him need to take a break, he just cuddles them and does screen time- and enjoys it, because that's what he did for me as a little boy while I was going through withdrawal. We spent an entire summer together just laying in bed in a very dark bedroom (since I had to black out the windows while in withdrawal) watched TV and ate snacks and would only leave to go into the forest and do a relaxing hike.  Another person who has recovered, told me this while I was in the throws of withdrawal- "don't worry, your son is very young and won't remember any of this". He doesn't. He doesn't remember how often he had to tell me, as a 2 year old "You will heal soon, momma". 
You just need to wait it out, and your daughter appreciates you for everything you are, *right here and now*, I swear to you that's true. It was hard for me to see, too, but now on the other end, I can remember those times and know that it was true. 
Please don't apologize for your English- most of us here in the US are monolingual, and should only appreciate how well others speak English as an extra language. Your English is very clear and understandable. 
Anyways, rest and heal. Shep always has great tips and info and I hope you can hear all of it and be empowered to move forward. I looked to Shep's writing often to get me through this, I printed out some of it and put it on my wall (I put her success story on my wall). Please feel free to message me for support if you need to be reminded of your healing. 
Much love and healing to you. 

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

Hello ❤️ 

I feel too ill to answer, but red all replies and just want to say: THANK YOU ! ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all … 

my wave Doesn‘t Want to End :( I am so hopeless, helpless, sad, Full of fear, my Body cant Deal anymore :( I Want my Life back, I can‘t do this anymore 😰 I also got my Period Last Night … That Night was so horrible, I thought I am REALLY going to die. How Long … How much longer   😞😞 

Hi, 

does anyone know this scary, creepy perception ? Like … you See a tree or something else (very normal things!) and they Look scary ?? Its so terrible, I feel so Alone with That Symptom … please let me know, if you know That … 

Thank you ! 

love, 

kara ♥️

• Moderator Emeritus
59 minutes ago, Kara2302 said:

does anyone know this scary, creepy perception ? Like … you See a tree or something else (very normal things!) and they Look scary ?? Its so terrible, I feel so Alone with That Symptom … please let me know, if you know That …

You may find this post helpful:

DP / DR - Do You Feel Like a Stranger to Yourself?

You may want to read that entire thread on DP/DR. It's a very common symptom. 

Hi, 

Thank you, I also have dp and dr, But it isnt the Same. What I Tried to describe is very different … 

It is so random … anxiety against everything … Trees, People, pictures and so on :(

• Moderator Emeritus

@Kara2302Even though you haven't been on a benzo drug, you may want to join Benzo Buddies.org for the social support. A lot of AD withdrawal symptoms are the same as benzo withdrawal and since your symptoms include dp/dr, which is extremely common with benzos, you'll likely get a lot of social support on Benzo Buddies. Their tapering information is not always good, but since you're not tapering, that won't be a problem. It may help with the isolation to have a social support network, especially with one as large as Benzo Buddies where you'll likely find other German speakers. 

Thank you 🙏 but the dp/dr is Not sooo Bad for me … its the anxiety what really Makes me Crazy :( 

Hi, 

I have got a question … I read the success storys almost every day… most People do have Symptoms After all the years, so some are forever ? 

And another question … I have the big wish to get a second Baby in Future (Not Now) But I was wondering, if it is possible or maybe it is to much work for my Body and my WD get worse again ? Dont missunderstand me, I wont get pregant until feeling recovered ! But maybe I think I am Receovered in Future, But I am Not and get ill again After Giving birth or so … also because sometimes you Need medication or a Surgery and so on … 

awww I am so Scared of all :( 

best wishes,

kara 

Nobody Knows anything about it :( ? Please let me know … 

Thank you ♥️

• 1 month later...

Hi all … 

my Wave dont lessen … every day is More terrible :( I cant Understand why this Wave doesnt end. I am in the wave since December.

I Dont take ANY medication, drank alcohol or something Else. 

I am so done. This wave feels like acute stuff. 😔 

Love, 

kara 

Hello, 

I Dont have a Pollen Allergy. But since WD, I notice a very Bad Wave every Time in Spring. No allergy Symptoms at all, but massive Worsening of wd symptoms and intolerance to Histamine (only in Spring!) and diarreah. 

is this Common ?? How can it be without allergys ? 

please help … 

love, 

kara 

I’m sorry you are feeling bad.  Yes, I get worse in Spring, but every Spring is better than the one before.  Healing happens.  It’s just very slow for some of us.  A lot of ups and downs, and that is hard to handle.  
Allergic reactions are not limited to cold symptoms.  They can be almost anything.  Even anxiety.  Hang in there.

Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

@Rosetta Thank you so so much for your reply! 🙂 

I really Hope this Spring will be better than the Last one, I got worse every day ☹️ 

My english isnt the best, I red your thread, and was wondering of you Are already healed From WD ? 

Thank you, I wish All the best to you ♥️🍀 

love, 

kara 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Kara! I read throughh your posts. I'm also in fluoxetine withdrawal. What symtoms do you experience ? Could you describe?

Fluoxetine 2017 sept- 2019 January CT

• 8 months later...

Hey I too had an adverse reaction. How are you feeling now?

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

• 7 months later...

Hello, 

I have got a question. What is your Experience about Alkohol After  WD? I am 3,5 years Out now. I am not healed yet, but much better! 

I can Drink much coffeine, there is no Effect. So I ask myself, what about a Glas of Wine … ? 🤔 

Much love for you all! 🫶😊