SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ amg2012: New Beginnings

amg2012

• Administrator

I'm a little concerned about the electrical feelings.

If weird symptoms get worse -- I know you won't want to do this, but I suggest taking a little Prozac again. You may have gone off too fast, going from 5mg to zero.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amg2012

• Altostrata

• Skyler

• jr1985

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little concerned about the electrical feelings.

If weird symptoms get worse -- I know you won't want to do this, but I suggest taking a little Prozac again. You may have gone off too fast, going from 5mg to zero.

Alto, I am 99.9% certain that the electric shocks are from my neck and alignment problems: Found this on Google -

"Sciatic nerve pain is characterized by a pain that radiates down one or both legs. It is normally a constant tingling sensation, with an occasional sharp and burning pain that shoots down the leg. The pain originates in the buttocks area and will travel down the leg to the ankle. It may sometimes reach all the way down to the foot depending on how much pressure is on the nerve. Even though the condition originates in the lower spine, there may be almost no back pain associated with sciatic nerve pain."

But, I do appreciate your concern. I am on guard for symptoms of withdrawal. So far so good. I am more concerned about becoming depressed again as the all-over consistent body pain is nerve-racking and I am in isolation. I have an appointment with a local osteopath tomorrow and I am hopeful.

Anyway, so far so good with the AD W/D (code) and I am very happy about that (so far). (guarded)

I think! Too much!

Jan. 2009 150 mg. Venlafaxine

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

8 July Fluox 5ML (0 Venflx)[/b]

10 July aprox. 20 mg Fluoxetine liquid, trouble measuring between 4 - 5 ml, 0 Venflx.

15 July Fluox 5 ML + Vnflx. 10 - 6 grains

24 July Fluox 5ML + 37.5 mg Venflx.

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

13 Aug.Fluox 18 mg liquid; 18 Aug. Fluox 17 mg; 25 Aug. Fluox 16 mg;

2 Sept Fluox 15 mg; 10 Sept Fluox 14 mg; 17 Sept. Fluox 13.6 mg; 29 Sept. Fluox 13 mg.

7 Oct. Fluox 12 mg; 14 Oct. Fluox 11 mg; 21 Oct; Fluox 10 mg; 23 Oct. 9mg; 26 Oct. 8 mg.

21 Nov. 5 mg; 3 Nov. ZERO

• 1 month later...

Alto and anyone interested...

I have not visited this site for some time and it isn't because I am all better and have lost interest. I have been quite unwell for some time. I have not gotten off of the ADs without plenty of issues. I have had a lot of suffering with body pain on and off due to neck spine that looks rather squished in x-ray... accident as a child caught up with aging. So it has been hard to know what is causing what.. Okay, I am suffering a great deal at the moment and feeling rather suicidal so I am finding it difficult to write. I have no one to turn to.... I have no family. What was, I thought, a close friend for more than 40 years is now lost to me. Not sure if it is because of my behaviour on A.D.s or hers as she has been on Anafranil for more than 20 years... in any case she has never been the supportive type. My husband, well he is NOT at all useful... he is easy to describe as a sweet man. But he is not useful - and, that is the whole problem for me. He is a very dependent personality type and not very bright. I have had to accept responsibility for every aspect of our lives for over 20 years and I am so tired and stressed out now and feel so trapped. We have lived by the 80/20 rule - I take care of 80% and he takes care of 20% and that is skewed a little as it is probably more 90/10. Social worker says it is normal that I feel anger and resentment and that it is a big responsibility - yes it's rather like being responsible for a child that never grows up. Wow, I am venting.

Anyway, I believe the drug was holding me together; no feelings. Now they are back --- a mother-load. I am over-whelmed and over-stressed and that is bringing on some depression but I do not want to take anti-depressants. This has been building and I am having a very bad day.

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 July aprox. 20 mg Fluoxetine liquid, trouble measuring between 4 - 5 ml, 0 Venflx.

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

2 Sept Fluox 15 mg; 10 Sept Fluox 14 mg; 17 Sept. Fluox 13.6 mg; 29 Sept. Fluox 13 mg.

7 Oct. Fluox 12 mg; 14 Oct. Fluox 11 mg; 21 Oct; Fluox 10 mg; 23 Oct. 9mg; 26 Oct. 8 mg.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi AMG

Sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time. If I could be there to help I would

Can you tell me a little more about your husband. What kind of things would you like him to do and why is he unable/unwilling?

Although i agree with your social worker that its nornal to fwel resentment when you are carrying the load, I am also wondering whether some of your feelings in response to this might be related to protracted withdrawal.

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Hi AMG

Sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time. If I could be there to help I would

Can you tell me a little more about your husband. What kind of things would you like him to do and why is he unable/unwilling?

Although i agree with your social worker that its nornal to fwel resentment when you are carrying the load, I am also wondering whether some of your feelings in response to this might be related to protracted withdrawal.

Dalsaan

Dalsaan, that is very kind of you. I have pretty much always felt upset with my husband. I married much beneath my intelligence and abilities. Our entire marriage I have felt that he was a very heavy weight and I have been guiding him through life. He is incapable of making decision and is simply not good at doing things... it is like being married to a child that never grows up. He is sweet and kind but that is not very useful at all.

I have read quite a bit lately, he simply falls into "Dependent Personality." He is also utterly Passive. He knows it and agrees. I married him when I was feeling very frightened and alone... it was a major mistake. My second one. At my age, I can only think "what a waste."

The symptoms I currently have many on this board would call depression - I see them as sTRESS eXHAUSTION sYMPTOMS

http://www.ta-tutor.com/webpdf/ram002.pdf

I recognize that every time I have run into problems and was prescribed depression it was really Stress Exhaustion of which Depression is one of the symptoms.

Of course I have and still feel withdrawal symptoms. But I have most of my brain back - I can think much clearer - and I am not tired all of the time as I was on the A.D.s But the mask has been removed and my complacency has been replaced with anger, mostly at myself for making stupid decisions/mistakes, but I admit to taking it out on him... he is understanding as he feels he deserves it. Yes, he is an honest man and is able to look at himself realistically. He is not strong enough nor intelligent enough (pretty simple guy) to help me out of my situation with the stress... I have no one to push me into doing the right things to get better. Not yet able to push myself into change.

What would I like him to do - well maybe one half of what most men usually do in a marriage and household! We have a 90 - 10 situation here!

I have banged every nail, cleaned garages, basements, gardened, handled heavy loads - now I have stage 4 degeneration in my neck. Oh, don't get me started on all the things he does not do. I have done all packing and dealt with every aspect of any move. I have negotiated the sale and purchase of properties. Driven accross the country... this is really not helping me. Off to bed. Thanks for your kind reply and holiday greetings to you. No Christmas in this house this y ear. Period. I am isolating.

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

• 5 months later...

Alto

Hello!  I have thought from time to time about checking back in and now, well, I finally did.   I cannot believe I simply disappeared since December last year.  Still totally off any anti-depressants.  It has been quite a ride and I am not sure how much of my mental, physical, and emotional experiences have been due to withdrawal or if this is what I would have been experiencing if I had never ever had them in my system in the first place.  I will try to write more tomorrow when I am more awake as it is late and I am tired.  

Meantime, if there is any information that you can guide me to that discusses how long it takes to really normalize - if ever - from having had these drugs in the system.  I wonder if I will ever have back the "brain" that I remember from years ago.  Of course, now that I am almost 70, I guess there would be some mental deterioration even if I had never taken brain-altering meds.

At least I've taken a step in returning here, though I have not yet read any posts, etc.  YET!  

It would be nice to hear from you and others too.

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

• Administrator

Hi, amg. Good to hear from you.

You might want to look at http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-recovery/

Sounds like you're a bit better?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 1 year later...
It has been a very long time since I have visited this board.  Very busy life and much has happened since my last visit.

Recently moved to Lake Chapala area in Mexico with my husband as he has early dementia and our life here is much more affordable.

I am still totally off of any anti-depressant.  In fact the only prescription drug I take is a very small amount of Levothyroxine as I am hypo-thyroid.

I had a lot of help from others on this site.  Another thing that really helped me is a book called The Mood Cure by Julia Ross.  This book could be useful to many on this site, I think.  Mainly that the food one eats and the amount of or lack of certain amino acids found in foods which can also be taken as supplements, can greatly affect our moods.  Also allergies can affect our moods.  Came across "Paleo diet" while reading the book and have eaten that way now for over a year.  Lost a lot of weight and all belly fat.  NO more pain from arthritis.... same with husband.   I take 1 mg of Melatonin before bed, along with 250 mg of Tryptophan... helps me sleep. 

As I recall though, I did quite a program of various amino acids and other supplements which helped me a great deal getting past withdrawal.

You can learn more about this book here...

there is an on-line test that can help as well.

Wishing all  of you the very best in your efforts.

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for updating us AMG, it's good to see that you are doing well post withdrawal and that you have been

able to find none drug ways to help both you and your husband.  We love to get success stories

and to get off effexor and go on to be stable and well is a great success. Congratulations    :)  

How long did it take for the withdrawal symptoms to settle down? 

(I moved this post to your original thread for continuity)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

amg, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol

to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!