david1123: anhedonia no feeling of love mood swings

david1123

hello. I decided to make an account on this forum because of my problems definitely caused by antidepressants. I was taking escitalopram 10 mg and amisan 50 mg for a year and 3 months due to severe neurosis and drug seizures. Immediately I felt that the drugs had a strange effect on me because I was too aroused, Kind of like hypomania. I wanted to stop taking them but I couldn't give them up and every attempt ended with a strong drug and a heavy feeling of well-being. Unfortunately, my girlfriend left me after 2 months since I started taking these drugs and wanted to stop taking them. Unfortunately, it was hard because when I tried to stop taking drugs, I started to suffer more for it. So I was influenced by their actions for a year and 3 months, and only then we managed to put them off. It was ok for a month but then I started driving with my medications. They were even larger than before taking medications. I do not remember if my feelings and emotions were in some way matted then because I had strong emotions then, but after a few months I had to go back to drugs because I couldn't stand it. After the break, I took escitalopram 10 mg for 2 months and amisan 50 mg for 3 weeks, which is the previous mix. 2 weeks After we stopped taking escitalopram in November, I realized that my expression is not as strong as it used to be. There were feelings because I was suffering for my girlfriend, but I realized that I did not feel so intensely everything as with drugs. The problems have started and they are getting worse week by week. Stress has been killing me for a year and now it's getting worse due to the emotional contamination. Every day I think about what I used to feel, I can imagine it in my head but I can't feel it. I saw my ex-girlfriend's profile on social media yesterday. Now I suffer even more because I imagine how happy life is. She feels what I can't feel anymore, she has a man and she is in love, I can't do it because my anhedonia is getting worse. I used to be very emotional and nostalgic, now I'm smudged and have maybe 20-30% of my old feelings. I wonder if I got PSSD because I also had a sexual problem from quitting drugs a second time, but in the last few days it started in this respect for a few months. I also got strong mood swings. Depressive mood and anxiety, and in time a strange peace and good mood. I can't bear the fact that I can't feel life anymore and fall in love like my friends. Can someone advise me what I can do? I read that it should slowly get down from the dose and I, according to my doctor's recommendations, started to take half a tablet for 2 weeks and then stop taking it, so it's probably too soon. But I'm afraid to go back to medication because if I don't have PSSD then I can get it, or if I do, it might get worse. I'm afraid to mess in my brain already. Please help because I am dying inside. I apologize for any errors as English is not my first language

Nov 2019 - escitalopram 10 mg amisan 50 mg

Feb  2021 - escitalopram 5 mg, immediate withdrawal of amisulpride

Jul 2021 - Risperidon 1 mg 

Aug 2021 - risperidone 0,5 mg , withdrawal

Sep  2021 - Again escitalopram 10 mg and amisulpride 50 mg

Sep 2021 - amisan 25 mg for one week, then discontinuation

Oct 2021 - escitalopram 5 mg for two weeks, then discontinued

• ChessieCat changed the title to david1123: anhedonia no feeling of love mood swings

David1123: Should I go back to medications?

Hello.I took a year and 3 months to take escitalopram 10 mg and amisan 50 mg. I reduced the dose too quickly and then I was hit by stronger neurosis and panic attacks. Half a year later I started taking this kit again but amisan only 3 weeks and escitalopram 2 months and I got anhedonia and emotional anesthesia, my imagination is very poor. There was a monthly risperidone episode along the way. Should I go back to my medications and slowly start tapering down the doses or not touching them anymore? I will add that I do not have certain feelings and the others are but faded. I suffer from an ex-girlfriend but these emotions are not what they used to be and it's hard to read them. I don't know if it pays to go back to these drugs.

Edited by ChessieCat
added Intro topic title before merging with intro topic

• david1123 changed the title to David1123: Should I go back to medications?

David1123 : problems after discontinuation of ssri and antipsychotics

DeepL TRANSLATION:

Hello

I decided to start writing a message from scratch because it was too chaotic before.

My story is that in November 2019 I started taking escitalopram 10 mg and amisan 50 mg for severe anxiety attacks. I immediately felt that they were working badly for me because I was too anxious, but it was hard to put it off so I took them

In April 2020, I told my psychiatrist that I didn't want to take these medications anymore, so he told me how to stop taking the medications, but as far as I know, it was too fast because it only lasted a month. I was able to put them off over a year later in February 2021 and by the end of taking them I already had anxiety.

The month was good, but in the quarter the drug attacks started strong and I was dying of anxiety and somatic symptoms for days. After that I had several approaches to sertranorm and asentra prescribed by other psychiatrists, but it seemed like I was taking half a pill for days and panicking from fear of the drugs, so I stopped taking them. I was only given risperone for a month and put it off in 2 weeks. And so I was only left with the meds for the 5th time and the psychiatrist had me take asentra with escitalopram, half a tablet for a few days, then escitalopram alone, amisan 50 mg again. I stopped taking amisan after 3 weeks, and escitalopram after 2 months.

Two weeks after we stopped, I noticed that my imagination was flattened, my feelings a bit too, but it wasn't that bad yet. Unfortunately I was also having sexual problems and having trouble with erections. I started reading and maybe got pssd. I took my last ssri pill at the end of October and since then my anhedonia and emotional redness has gotten worse month by month I have lost my higher feelings although my imagination has started to improve in the last few days, I can't fall in love and I am suffering because my ex girlfriend has a boyfriend and feelings I no longer have and I envy her. I also have problems with concentration, memory, creativity and no longer feel connected to my best friends. I have not had strong sexual dreams since early December and my fantasies are tangled. I also have strong mood swings, depressive states with anxiety, and moments where I feel a surge of energy and desire to live. However, in the last few days something has started to improve and I have started to feel life a little, but these are temporary moments that disappear. Sexual problems also seem to be slowly improving, although I'm not sure about all that. Sorry for the chaos but I have severe cognitive issues. Should I go back on these meds after this time? Sorry for any errors as English is not my native language Sorry for the chaos but I have severe cognitive problems. Should I go back to these medications after this time? Sorry for any errors as English is not my native language Sorry for the chaos but I have severe cognitive problems. Should I go back to these medications after this time? Sorry for any mistakes as English is not my native language

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

ORIGINAL:

Witaj 

Postanowiłem zacząć pisać wiadomość od nowa, ponieważ wcześniej była zbyt chaotyczna.

Moja historia jest taka, że w listopadzie 2019 zacząłem brać escitalopram 10 mg i amisan 50 mg na silne ataki lękowe. Od razu poczułem, że źle na mnie działają, bo byłem zbyt zdenerwowany, ale trudno było to odłożyć, więc wziąłem je na siebie

W kwietniu 2020 roku powiedziałem mojemu psychiatrze, że nie chcę już brać tych leków, więc powiedział mi, jak przestać brać leki, ale o ile wiem, to było zbyt szybkie, ponieważ trwało to tylko miesiąc. Udało mi się je odłożyć ponad rok później, w lutym 2021 i pod koniec ich przyjmowania już miałem obawy.

Miesiąc był dobry, ale w kwartale ataki narkotyków zaczęły się mocno i przez wiele dni umierałam z niepokoju i objawów somatycznych. Potem miałem kilka podejść do sertranormu i asentry przepisanych przez innych psychiatrów, ale wyglądało na to, że przez kilka dni brałem pół tabletki i panikowałem ze strachu przed lekami, więc przestałem je brać. Dostałem risperon tylko przez miesiąc i odłożyłem go za 2 tygodnie. I tak zostałem dopiero po raz piąty z lekami i psychiatra kazał mi przez kilka dni zażywać asentrę z escitalopramem, pół tabletki, potem sam escitalopram, znowu amisan 50 mg. Amisan przestałem brać po 3 tygodniach, a escitalopram po 2 miesiącach.

Dwa tygodnie po tym, jak przestaliśmy, zauważyłem, że moja wyobraźnia jest spłaszczona, moje uczucia też trochę, ale nie było jeszcze tak źle. Niestety miałem też problemy seksualne i miałem problem z erekcją. Zacząłem czytać i może dostałem pssd. Ostatnią tabletkę ssri wzięłam pod koniec października i od tego czasu moja anhedonia i zaczerwienienie emocjonalne pogarszały się z miesiąca na miesiąc straciłam wyższe uczucia, choć wyobraźnia zaczęła się poprawiać w ostatnich dniach, nie mogę się zakochać i cierpię ponieważ moja była dziewczyna ma chłopaka i uczucia, których już nie mam i jej zazdroszczę. Mam też problemy z koncentracją, pamięcią, kreatywnością i nie czuję się już związana z moimi najlepszymi przyjaciółmi. Od początku grudnia nie miałam silnych snów seksualnych, a moje fantazje są splątane. mam też silne wahania nastroju, stany depresyjne z niepokojem i chwile, w których czuję przypływ energii i chęci do życia. W ostatnich dniach jednak coś zaczęło się poprawiać i zacząłem trochę czuć życie, ale to są chwilowe chwile, które znikają. Wydaje się, że problemy seksualne również powoli się poprawiają, chociaż jestem tego wszystkiego pewien. Zmartwiony dla chaosu ale mam surowe poznawcze problemy. Czy powinienem wrócić do tych leków po tym czasie? Przepraszam za wszelkie błędy, ponieważ angielski nie jest moim językiem ojczystym Zmartwiony dla chaosu ale mam surowe poznawcze problemy. Czy powinienem wrócić do tych leków po tym czasie? Przepraszam za wszelkie błędy, ponieważ angielski nie jest moim językiem ojczystym Zmartwiony dla chaosu ale mam surowe poznawcze problemy. Czy powinienem wrócić do tych leków po tym czasie? Przepraszam za wszelkie błędy, ponieważ angielski nie jest moim językiem ojczystym

Edited by ChessieCat
added Intro topic title before merging with intro topic/added translation/removed blank quote

David 1123 : Abnormal discontinuation of escitalopram and amisulpride anhedonia

Hello. I am 26 years old

I decided to make an accou

nt on this forum because of my problems definitely caused by antidepressants. I was taking escitalopram 10 mg and amisulpride 50 mg for a year and 3 months due to severe neurosis and drug seizures. Immediately I felt that the drugs had a strange effect on me because I was too aroused, Kind of like hypomania. I wanted to stop taking them but I couldn't give them up and every attempt ended with a strong drug and a heavy feeling of well-being. Unfortunately, my girlfriend left me after 2 months since I started taking these drugs and wanted to stop taking them. Unfortunately, it was hard because when I tried to stop taking drugs, I started to suffer more for it. So I was influenced by their actions for a year and 3 months, and only then we managed to put them off. It was ok for a month but then I started driving with my medications. They were even larger than before taking medications. I do not remember if my feelings and emotions were in some way matted then because I had strong emotions then, but after a few months I had to go back to drugs because I couldn't stand it.

After the break, I took escitalopram 10 mg for 2 months and amisulpride 50 mg for 3 weeks, which is the previous mix. 2 weeks After we stopped taking escitalopram in November, I realized that my expression is not as strong as it used to be. There were feelings because I was suffering for my girlfriend, but I realized that I did not feel so intensely everything as with drugs. The problems have started and they are getting worse week by week. Stress has been killing me for a year and now it's getting worse due to the emotional contamination. Every day I think about what I used to feel, I can imagine it in my head but I can't feel it. I saw my ex-girlfriend's profile on social media yesterday. Now I suffer even more because I imagine how happy life is. She feels what I can't feel anymore, she has a man and she is in love, I can't do it because my anhedonia is getting worse. I used to be very emotional and nostalgic, now I'm smudged and have maybe 20-30% of my old feelings. I wonder if I got PSSD because I also had a sexual problem from quitting drugs a second time, but in the last few days it started in this respect for a few months. I also got strong mood swings. Depressive mood and anxiety, and in time a strange peace and good mood. I can't bear the fact that I can't feel life anymore and fall in love like my friends. Can someone advise me what I can do? I read that it should slowly get down from the dose and I, according to my doctor's recommendations, started to take half a tablet for 2 weeks and then stop taking it, so it's probably too soon. But I'm afraid to go back to medication because if I don't have PSSD then I can get it, or if I do, it might get worse. I'm afraid to mess in my brain already. Please help because It's hard for me to focus on anything. I apologize for any errors as English is not my first language

Edited by ChessieCat
added Intro topic title before merging with intro topic

@david1123

Welcome to SA. We are a volunteer run site with members like you either off their medications, or tapering off.

This is your page where you can ask questions, receive information, and meet member such as you. We ask that you only have one introduction page so we can keep all your information in one place.

First, thank you very much for creating a signature. However, could you please edit it to show how much you took in what month? Example, 10 mg Escitalopram November 2021. Thank you very much. Then we can see exactly what transpired in what month.

I see that you stopped taking Escitalopram 10 mg in November, 2021. Is that correct? Did you taper at all or just stop it all at once?

And Amisulpride 50 mg in September, 2021. Did you just stop taking this, or did you taper off of it at all?

Tips for tapering off escitalopram (Lexapro)

Before you begin tapering what you need to know

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal Symptoms

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

Brain Remodelling

Anhedonia, apathy, demotivation, emotional numbness

You could try a reinstatement of 0.10 mg of Escitalopram and see if that would help. It is a very strong antidepressant. You would need to wait about 7-10 days to see if this helps, as it takes about 4 days to become steady in the bloodstream and another 4 days or so to reach the brain properly. But please read the #1 link that I gave you first. After you reach stability, you would taper off of this slowly.

I am going to tag @hayduke about the Amisulpride completely familiar with it and he is.

You can recover from PSSD, as a lot of our members have.

After reading the links that I have provided, please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have. 

Take care.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Frogie said:

You could try a reinstatement of 0.10 mg of Escitalopram and see if that would help. It is a very strong antidepressant. You would need to wait about 7-10 days to see if this helps, as it takes about 4 days to become steady in the bloodstream and another 4 days or so to reach the brain properly. But please read the #1 link that I gave you first. After you reach stability, you would taper off of this slowly.

Hi David and welcome from me too,

Please carefully read Post #1 of this topic.  The reason Frogie has suggested such a tiny dose is because it is better to start with small amount and increase by a small amount more if needed.  Also, because you have been off the escitalopram for 2-3 months, starting with this tiny amount will be a test to see how your respond to taking the drug again.  Please be sure to let us know if you do decide the reinstate the escitalopram (and update your drug signature so it remains current).

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Post #1 of this topic explains how to get non standard doses:

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi! I do not know where to start. I stopped taking escitalopram in November 2021 such that I took half a tablet for two weeks and then finished taking it. After two weeks of withdrawal, I realized that I had problems with emotional flushing and sexual dysfunction which from then on were terrible and other times better. I put Amisan aside in such a way that I took half a tablet for a week and then I set it aside. Problems with mood swings (depression / a lot of energy) I think they appeared two weeks after we stopped taking Amisan. I also want to add that when I did not have such emotional flattening, although now I do not fully remember how it was, but I had strong fears that influenced my feelings. A psychiatrist prescribed me a risperido. After him, I almost fell in love with a friend from the gym with whom I had not spoken before. It was just the first time I had a chat with her and I felt an affection, then I thought about her and it was very cool. After stopping risperidone, my fears returned and my feelings blocked again. As if I had dopamine deficiencies due to neuroleptics and without them it's hard for me to fall in love or tie. I don't want to be addicted to pills that I can't feel anything more without them. This is very disturbing to me. But now I have drug-induced anhedonia. I hesitate to start taking the small dose of escitalopram recommended by you again, because in the last week I had some kind of feeling back. It was not the same as before because I still felt soiling but I cried while listening to the music because I felt its power better than during the last mess. I even started to worry that this is the maximum I can do when it comes to regeneration. Now I feel withdrawn again, I don't feel like talking to people. I have no chance of a relationship now because I don't feel attached to anyone. I used to feel the atmosphere of a given place, time of the day, I loved driving at night and I felt this atmosphere. Now everything is the same, matted. Whether it's day or night, whether it's raining or not, it's all the same for me. So I wonder about the risk of bringing escitalopram back, even at a low dose I am also worried if my feelings have improved for a moment, can I feel as much as possible or will these feelings gradually come back stronger and stronger? And the covid vaccine. I got vaccinated and now I am stressed that they are confusing something and my brain will not be able to regenerate. Vaccines seem to affect genes, and how did I read antidepressants that they affect our genes or something like that. I don't know myself exactly but I have such fears and you are under stress.

On 2/8/2022 at 12:51 AM, ChessieCat said:

Hi David and welcome from me too,

Please carefully read Post #1 of this topic.  The reason Frogie has suggested such a tiny dose is because it is better to start with small amount and increase by a small amount more if needed.  Also, because you have been off the escitalopram for 2-3 months, starting with this tiny amount will be a test to see how your respond to taking the drug again.  Please be sure to let us know if you do decide the reinstate the escitalopram (and update your drug signature so it remains current).

Post #1 of this topic explains how to get non standard doses:

I am now very afraid of these pills because of the side effects of these drugs. I wonder at the thought that I should take the pills again.. Zastanawia mnie myśl, że powinnam znowu brać tabletki.

It is very hard for me and despite the fact that I have read many tips and benefits on your website related to slow withdrawal, I am still afraid of these drugs and I do not know if I am making a mistake waiting or taking the pill may be a mistake. I am very. scared in this situation.

I decided to bring back escitalopram. Can you advise me on how I should handle the doses now?

@david1123

If you want to reinstate Escitalopram, I would not reinstate more than 0.10 mg as it is a very strong antidepressant. It takes about 4 days for it to be steady in the bloodstream and a few more days to regulate in the brain.

You would hold there for at least a week to 2 weeks and if needed you can always updose a little.

Can you get liquid? That would be the best because you can do it in small amounts. If not, I can send you a link on how to crush, and weight tablets with a scale.

What to Expect in Reinstatement (James Heaney article)

Please let me know what questions I can answer for you.

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

@david1123

If you want to reinstate Escitalopram, I would not reinstate more than 0.10 mg as it is a very strong antidepressant. It takes about 4 days for it to be steady in the bloodstream and a few more days to regulate in the brain.

You would hold there for at least a week to 2 weeks and if needed you can always updose a little.

Can you get liquid? That would be the best because you can do it in small amounts. If not, I can send you a link on how to crush, and weight tablets with a scale.

What to Expect in Reinstatement (James Heaney article)

Please let me know what questions I can answer for you.

At first, I want to ask if you think it's a good idea to restore the drug when I have waves and windows? I wrote that I made up my mind but I started to hesitate again. For several weeks I have had moments when feelings come back to me to some extent, I have more joy and I feel a bit like before. It goes away after a while, and again the flabbiness and panic attacks keep coming over and over again. Each window is also slightly different.

Will the better moments that appear to me be stronger each time? then when I have more feelings, I am happier but I still feel that it is still not the same as before. Will it improve?

As for escitalopram in the form of a liquid, unfortunately in my country there is no such thing and I have to divide the tablets.

@david1123

Re-read the links I gave you on reinstatement and then you can decide what to do.

If you do decide to reinstate, do you have a scale? That would one way to crush and weigh your dose or you could do a homemade liquid solution.

You might read these also.

On 15.02.2022 at 15:24, Frogie said:

@david1123

Przeczytaj ponownie linki, które podałem ci przy przywracaniu, a następnie możesz zdecydować, co zrobić.

Jeśli zdecydujesz się na przywrócenie, czy masz skalę? Byłby to jeden ze sposobów na zmiażdżenie i zważenie dawki lub można zrobić domowy płynny roztwór.

Możesz je również przeczytać.

Thank you for the links. unfortunately I have no scale

I still have a question

I forgot to mention that while taking medication I quite often combined with the withdrawal of amisulpride and did not take it for 3-4 days and then returned. Could that seriously make matters worse?

@david1123

You might want to invest in a scale. They are pretty cheap through Amazon. It is the Gemini 20 that most everyone uses on here.

You would be having wd symptoms from skipping doses. We don't suggest that at all.

Skipping Days vs Every Day Dosing Graph

Altostrata explained skipping doses very well here;

Skipping doses causes the level of the drug in your bloodstream to go up and down, even with long-acting drugs such as fluoxetine. This puts stress on your nervous system, potentially causing withdrawal symptoms. It's like playing ping-pong with your brain.

Let me know if I can help you with any other questions you may have😊

Then I will look around for this weight. Thank you! 

So I made more trouble with this combination with drugs, well, it's hard to fight now.

I still have a question about some symptoms.
I'm having trouble with my creativity.
My intelligence, creativity and speed of thinking have deteriorated, will this also regenerate and pass?

My feelings have improved to some extent because I'm suffering again with the ex-girlfriend and recently I haven't even been able to think about her. Does it make sense to restore it at this point if it gets any upgrades?

I am sorry that I write about my feelings like that all the time but I am very sensitive and I would love to fully recover them.

I forgot to mention that the greatest effects after the restoration of drugs in September I felt after amisulpride. When I stopped taking it alone, escitalopram did not give me anything, it only slightly reduced my libido and, as anger, after we stopped taking it too quickly, I got anhedonia and pssd

I haven't had any success story where someone has recovered after a year or more of neuroleptic use. I am very worried about this and I begin to doubt my recovery :(

hey @david1123 just stumbled across your story. I also got anhedonia from reinstatement and would therefore strongly advise against taking that stuff again! It is of course your decision, but please weigh it very very carefully, especially if you are already a bit better! These drugs increase emotional numbing and PSSD rather than help against it. I rue the day I joined this site and followed the advice to dose again. Reinstatement is a big risk, and you may be triggering irreversible processes. So please, inform yourself well, and vllt. also on PSSD sites. There you will probably be advised not to reinstate... Good luck and all the best!!

Fluoxetine (Prozac) (25mg?) from December 2002 - November 2005 for anxiety/depression

Effexor (Venlafaxine) Retard (75mg) due to Panic attacks from November 2005 until around May 2020 when I started tapering off from 75mg to about 33mg in September. Accidentially missed a dose and naively went cold turkey from around 33mg to zero on 26th of September. Hell broke loose in early December.

25th December: Reinstated Venlafaxine with one bead (0.3/0.4mg) in the evening, proceeding with two beads (0.7/0.8mg)

since 5th January: 3 beads of Venlafaxine daily and nothing else except fish oil and magnesium. No changes in daily routine

15th January - 17th January: 4 beads of Venlafaxine

since 18th January: back to 3 beads of Venlafaxine due to extreme agitation, introduced Ashwaghanda supplement.

Since 23. January: introduced Lyrica to help with sleep/jerks keeping me awake: updosed from 4mg to 8mg.

Since February: 700mg Valerian and 2mg Melatonin for sleep

March: tapering Lyrica again due to side effects.

April: down to 2 beads of Venlafaxine

17th October: Off everything. Braindead, apathetic/anhedonic Zombie.

..just read a post by Alto advising JulesB:

"As we explained to you above, taking an antidepressant again may not be the answer to your problems, as they cause emotional numbness and sexual dysfunction. The disorientation, emotional anesthesia, and sexual dysfunction you have found to be so distressing are probably a result of having been on Zoloft for 8 years, and then withdrawal syndrome. Your nervous system needs to recover from the drug effects.

Your type of symptoms -- disorientation, emotional anesthesia, and sexual dysfunction -- are not the kind for which we usually suggest reinstatement."

Fluoxetine (Prozac) (25mg?) from December 2002 - November 2005 for anxiety/depression

Effexor (Venlafaxine) Retard (75mg) due to Panic attacks from November 2005 until around May 2020 when I started tapering off from 75mg to about 33mg in September. Accidentially missed a dose and naively went cold turkey from around 33mg to zero on 26th of September. Hell broke loose in early December.

25th December: Reinstated Venlafaxine with one bead (0.3/0.4mg) in the evening, proceeding with two beads (0.7/0.8mg)

since 5th January: 3 beads of Venlafaxine daily and nothing else except fish oil and magnesium. No changes in daily routine

15th January - 17th January: 4 beads of Venlafaxine

since 18th January: back to 3 beads of Venlafaxine due to extreme agitation, introduced Ashwaghanda supplement.

Since 23. January: introduced Lyrica to help with sleep/jerks keeping me awake: updosed from 4mg to 8mg.

Since February: 700mg Valerian and 2mg Melatonin for sleep

March: tapering Lyrica again due to side effects.

April: down to 2 beads of Venlafaxine

17th October: Off everything. Braindead, apathetic/anhedonic Zombie.

Hi! Thanks for the warning. I've just been thinking a lot about it and maybe it's better not to bring it back. Unfortunately, I once brought back these drugs in full dose and only for a while and that hurt me more.

I also wrote about my improvement but now I feel that it is worse again. I don't know if it's not worse with me month by month because I can't talk to my friends normally anymore. I am very hostile to people now, and it is terrible.

• 4 weeks later...

@david1123 how have you been feeling lately?  i know what you mean about being hostile to friends, but try to hold on to meaningful relationships whenever you can. and don't let jealousy get the best of you... you have to believe that you'll heal.

-lexapro 10mg daily from 2012 to 2021 (halfed dose in 4/2021, went all the way off 6/21)

-various benzos 2014-2019... valium 2019-10/2021~20mg, inconsistent but daily dosing
10/9-17.5mg 10/23-15m 11/29 - 12.5 12/24 - 12 12/31 - 11.5 
2/27/22 - 11 3/31 - 10.5 4/14 - 10 5/3 - 9.5 5/15 - 9 6/6 - 8.5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Thank you for your interest! I feel very bad lately, I feel like I have brain damage. Such a continuous void as if part of it does not work.

I forgot to mention in the posts that after risperidone I started getting something like psychosis. I look at my mother and I begin to feel that a strange woman is looking at me and my brain is sending me such impulses and I feel so convinced that it is so. I suffer all the time because of this. I do not know if this withdrawal symptom can be cured because now I am tired of such strong screws at every step.

Besides, I cannot fully feel the emotion or excitement. As if I don't know, the frontal lobe is no longer working

I just realized that this psychosis is getting worse and it has been tormenting me for several months. I have schizophrenic episodes that I didn't have before I started taking these drugs.

I've never had symptoms like this before. It could be a withdrawal symptom but why is it getting worse? what if it's from stress? I have been extremely stressed over the last year. If I have to take neuroleptics for the rest of my life, I can't take it.

I do not want to be addicted to these drugs and I am really afraid of what will happen to me now. Please help me

You're right, thank you for your kind words!

Unfortunately, I have already cut myself off completely from them because I don't feel any connection with them. It is too much pain for me to realize that I once had a life as beautiful as they did. That's why I'm trying not to think about it now.

I was only trying to read success stories and that gave me some motivation. Unfortunately, these schizophrenic symptoms completely blow me down. For 3 months after work, I am convinced that I turned the water to the bathtub and I am afraid that I forgot about it ... Or from the beginning of February, almost every time I talk to someone, I feel like a madman that they think about me that I am crazy. When I want to talk to someone about why these drugs have hurt me, I start to feel like I'm crazy and I can't win this belief, throw him out of my head.

• 1 month later...

I have a question. I probably got psychosis from using risperidone too quickly. Is it necessary to bring back a small amount of this drug to fix it or, as with the entire withdrawal syndrome, do you have to wait?

I mean hypersensitivity to dopamine.image.png

I am sorry that I am writing so chaotically but it is because of these drugs that I have problems even with that.

Hello @david1123

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Withdrawal syndrome really is so difficult to go through, isn't it? 

While you wait for a reply from a moderator, here are a few help topics that might be useful to read through: 

Are We There Yet? How Long Is Withdrawal Going to Take?

Neuro-emotions

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

On 3/31/2022 at 2:07 PM, david1123 said:

I am convinced that I turned the water to the bathtub and I am afraid that I forgot about it ... Or from the beginning of February, almost every time I talk to someone, I feel like a madman that they think about me that I am crazy. When I want to talk to someone about why these drugs have hurt me, I start to feel like I'm crazy and I can't win this belief, throw him out of my head.

I can relate to what you describe. It sounds like what I call "withdrawal brain" and can cause many strange, unpleasant thoughts and feelings. Remember this is temporary. It's just a symptom of withdrawal syndrome and it does get better. I had similar symptoms and they have gotten much better. 

Check out the links I've included above, they will lead you to a lot of useful information about what is happening during your body's healing process. 

Hang in there, david1123. It really does get better! 

In solidarity and support,

A. 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 28.05.2022 at 16:34, Ariel said:

Witam@david1123

Przykro mi, że masz problemy. Syndrom odstawienia naprawdę jest tak trudny do przejścia, prawda? 

Czekając na odpowiedź moderatora, oto kilka tematów pomocy, które mogą być przydatne do przeczytania: 

Czy już dotarliśmy? Jak długo potrwa wycofanie?

Neuro-emocje

Nielekowe techniki radzenia sobie z objawami emocjonalnymi

Mogę odnieść się do tego, co opisujesz. Brzmi to jak coś, co nazywam „mózgiem wycofania” i może powodować wiele dziwnych, nieprzyjemnych myśli i uczuć. Pamiętaj, że to tymczasowe. To tylko objaw zespołu abstynencyjnego, który się poprawia. Miałem podobne objawy i znacznie się polepszyły. 

Sprawdź linki, które zamieściłem powyżej, doprowadzą cię one do wielu przydatnych informacji o tym, co dzieje się podczas procesu gojenia się twojego ciała. 

Trzymaj się, david1123. Naprawdę jest lepiej! 

W solidarności i wsparciu

A. 

Hi! Thank you very much for your help and useful information! Yes, rehab is very hard to handle, and you have to try to be positive anyway.

One more thing I forgot: I wonder what alcohol might have done to me while taking antidepressants. Unfortunately, I often couldn't say no to it and I am now worried about what such a mixture of alcohol + anti-depressants could do in my brain.

@david1123

2 hours ago, david1123 said:

One more thing I forgot: I wonder what alcohol might have done to me while taking antidepressants. Unfortunately, I often couldn't say no to it and I am now worried about what such a mixture of alcohol + anti-depressants could do in my brain.

It won't help to worry about what's in the past, but your experience can help you to avoid alcohol now and in the future. 

It is recommended to eliminate alcohol while in withdrawal, i.e. both while tapering drugs and after stopping drugs completely, for as long as you are healing. 

Alcohol can make withdrawal symptoms worse and set you back in your recovery. 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

On 16.06.2022 at 17:24, Ariel said:

@david1123

Martwienie się o przeszłość nie pomoże, ale Twoje doświadczenie może pomóc Ci uniknąć alkoholu teraz i w przyszłości. 

Zaleca się eliminację alkoholu podczas odwyku, tj. zarówno podczas odstawiania narkotyków, jak i po całkowitym odstawieniu, przez cały okres gojenia. 

Alkohol może nasilać objawy abstynencyjne i utrudniać powrót do zdrowia. 

Unfortunately, it's hard for me to keep up my decisions. At the beginning of the rehab, I was able to limit caffeine and sugar, unfortunately from 2 months day to day I had to drink at least a can of Coca Cola.

I noticed a strange change a few days ago. Generally, for a few months I had attacks of anxiety almost every now and then, mood changes, I could not take naps during the day because I woke up with tremendous fear, I was very sensitive to sugar, caffeine, alcohol, but for a few days I had just these seizures have decreased and I can do naps now. I don't wake up with so much fear anymore, unfortunately I couldn't refuse myself a beer recently when I was at the lake with my friends and I don't know if my symptoms worsened when I was hungry.

Unfortunately, my emotional flattening and my PSSD did not pass and I think it even worsened because now even the feeling of anxiety and stress is smoothed. I stopped getting windows and waves and I think I'm probably less sensitive to stimulants now. I'm starting to worry why it has stagnated like this. I am far from recovering at this point. Will my brain continue to regenerate?

@david1123

It will help facilitate healing to eliminate alcohol, caffeine, and sugar for the duration of illness. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had windows and waves that lasted a few months and I was beginning to feel better and better.

Unfortunately, for 2 weeks I have not experienced them anymore and now my symptoms do not change, but they are weaker. Only pssd and anhedonia are strong all the time. Why could this have happened? I still need a lot to recover

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, david1123 said:

Why could this have happened?

Because that is the fairly typical pattern of recovery.  It is nothing unusual and very common here amongst SA members.

Did you drink alcohol or consume more caffeinated beverages than normal?  Did you do more exercise, or exert yourself some other way, for example going out a lot, being exposed to loud music, crowds etc?  Have you been sick, taken antibiotics or other medication?  Eaten a lot of food containing flavour enhancers (particularly MSG), or drinks containing aspartame/phenylanaline - all neurotoxins?

I like the Rubik's cube analogy in this video.  I have solved a Rubik's cube with the help of an online video, and just before you get it finished it is difficult to believe that you haven't messed up somewhere and it won't come out right.  But a few moves and then it is done.

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

and from What is Happening in Your Brain

On 12/27/2015 at 6:37 AM, Altostrata said:

Basically- you have a building where the MAJOR steel structures are [...] to be rebuilt at different times - ALL while people are coming and going in the building and attempting to work.

It would be like if the World Trade Center Towers hadn't completely fallen - but had crumbled inside in different places.. Imagine if you were [...] to rebuild the tower - WHILE people were coming and going and [...] to work in the building!  You'd have to set up a temporary elevator - but when you needed to fix part of that area, you'd have to tear down that elevator and set up a temporary elevator somewhere else. And so on. You'd have to build, work around, then tear down, then build again, then work around, then build... ALL while people are coming and going, ALL while the furniture is being replaced, ALL while the walls are getting repainted... ALL while [...] is going on INSIDE the building. No doubt it would be chaotic. That is EXACTLY what is happening with windows and waves.  The windows are where the body has "got it right" for a day or so - but then the building shifts and the brain works on something else - and it's chaos again while another temporary pathway is set up to reroute function until repairs are made. 

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

On 4.07.2022 at 01:02, ChessieCat said:

Ponieważ jest to dość typowy wzorzec zdrowienia. Nie jest to nic niezwykłego i bardzo powszechnego wśród członków SA.

Czy piłeś alkohol lub spożywałeś więcej napojów zawierających kofeinę niż normalnie? Czy ćwiczyłeś więcej, lub wytężałeś się w inny sposób, na przykład dużo wychodziłeś, byłeś narażony na głośną muzykę, tłumy itp.? Byłeś chory, przyjmowałeś antybiotyki lub inne leki? Spożywałeś dużo jedzenia zawierającego wzmacniacze smaku (zwłaszcza MSG) lub napojów zawierających aspartam/fenyloanalinę - wszystkie neurotoksyny?

Podoba mi się analogia do kostki Rubika w tym filmie. Ułożyłem kostkę Rubika za pomocą wideo online i tuż przed ukończeniem trudno uwierzyć, że gdzieś się nie pomyliłeś i nie wyjdzie dobrze. Ale kilka ruchów i gotowe.

Wideo: Uzdrowienie z antydepresantów – wzorce powrotu do zdrowia

i z tego, co dzieje się w twoim mózgu

Unfortunately, but for two or three months I have been consuming coca cola, cole zero every day and indulged myself 3 times on alcohol. It was hard for me to get off these things since the beginning of the drug addiction, but I could at least cut them down.Now, every day I lose to temptation and hurt myself at the same time, but excessive stress pulls me into unhealthy things.

I have been exercising regularly in the gym for 2 years but I stopped for 2 months.

I did not take antibiotics but I have Sibo and lamblia parasites and doctors are constantly advising me to take antibiotics to get rid of it.

I took benzo 4 times because I thought I would go to a psychiatrist because of my fears. From then on, my symptoms, which improved, receded and my emotional flattening worsened.

I took a headache apap three times because for a few days it hurt me badly and from then on I got even worse. And the worst symptom I have that appeared three weeks ago is dementia, lack of concentration and severe brain fog all rolled into one. I feel like my brain is really damaged. In general, you made me realize why it is getting worse with me. I hope I haven't missed my chance to recover. I will try to run every day because if I felt worse before after hard training, now I start to feel a slight surge of endorphins and a better mood. Now I will take care of myself.

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, david1123 said:

I did not take antibiotics but I have Sibo and lamblia parasites and doctors are constantly advising me to take antibiotics to get rid of it.

If you have been tested for lamblia parasites and you have this, then it might be better to take the antibiotics to get rid of them.

However, I suggest that you research the different types of antibiotics:

cipro-levaquin-azithromycin-z-pack-and-other-antibiotics

1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

Jeśli zostałeś przetestowany na obecność pasożytów lamblia i masz to, to może lepiej wziąć antybiotyki, aby się ich pozbyć.

Proponuję jednak zbadać różne rodzaje antybiotyków:

cypro-lewakin-azytromycyna-z-pack-i-inne-antybiotyki

You're right, I guess I will, because lamblia also affects your well-being. The only thing I fear is that it will worsen even more.