LizaB: Lyrica / pregabalin

LizaB

My name is Liza and I’m from Canada. I am here because the Lyrica support group I am part of is shutting down. 
I was put on Lyrica last March 2021 for burning in my legs, but was started at 150mg and increased to 375mg in less than a month.

The side effects included severely burning legs, insomnia, and  anxiety. A month after I started taking it, I realize it was causing these problems and not some unknown disease. I began tapering and taped too fast to start. 

the withdrawal caused burning legs, severe insomnia, urinary urgency, anxiety, angry, depression.

In early November 2021, I was started to Seroquel to help with the insomnia, but it’s caused me to hyperventilate and then on Dec 28th, i was diagnosed with a DVT - Blood clot.

i am off the seroquel, but am holding the Lyrica at 85mg because the recovery from the blood clot has been pretty awful.

Since the clot, my anxiety has been quite severe and I feel like something terrible is going to happen, especially when o get a new pain. 
And FYI  I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. 

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

currently taking 85mg of Lyrica. 

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety 
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

Zoloft- took as an adolescent and into my 20s. Went off of it in my early 20s. 
Buspar- Took as a child, must have switched to Zoloft at some point. 

Welcome aboard Liza and I'm sure sorry you are suffering. I had every one of your symptoms and more!  So during that time epsom salt baths were my best friend along with Cannabis.  If it were me I wouldn't add any more rx drugs to the mix and I would hold at 85mg until I stabilized a little. I held many times there is no shame in holding. 

As you familiarize yourself with the website here you will find in the tapering section the files from the Facebook group. If you have problems please holler. XO 

MJF

MerryJayneFriday

Polydrugged for many years after dx of Failed Back surgery.   Tapered from Lyrica from 2016 to 2020

Quit 10 mg oxycontin Sept 2021

currently taking 5mg oxycodone every 4 to 5 hours

Thanks so much. Yes, i am fortunate to be able to afford medical cannabis in Canada, as it’s very expensive, but it helps. I don’t plan on adding any more medication unless it’s absolutely necessary. Currently I have oral thrush that won’t go away, so have to take medication for that, but won’t be taking anything like Lyrica again.

i am actually working with a doc to get me off as many meds as posible, 

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

Lyrica hold/withdrawal

Hi,

I have been taking a break from tapering the Lyrica because of a blood clot, IBS and oral thrush. I can’t seem to get better and am hesitant to start tapering when I’m unwell. I think I will likely just stay at 85mg for another few month.

After holding for months, do you find the withdrawal gets easier? 

thanks! 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

My Intro topic

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, LizaB said:

Lyrica hold/withdrawal

Hi,

I have been taking a break from tapering the Lyrica because of a blood clot, IBS and oral thrush. I can’t seem to get better and am hesitant to start tapering when I’m unwell. I think I will likely just stay at 85mg for another few month.

After holding for months, do you find the withdrawal gets easier? 

thanks! 

I have merged your new topic with your Introduction topic.

Your own Introduction topic which is the best place to ask questions specific to your own situation and where you can journal your progress.  This keeps your history in one place and means you do not have to repeat your story.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

2 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I have merged your new topic with your Introduction topic.

Your own Introduction topic which is the best place to ask questions specific to your own situation and where you can journal your progress.  This keeps your history in one place and means you do not have to repeat your story.

I am so confused by this. I don’t know where to find that introduction topic, but will look. How will people from the Lyrica group find it and answer it ? 

My Intro topic

Liza I found it.  I always felt better about my taper after holding a few months. I did several times on my 4 year journey. I always knew when it was time to drop again, I could eat a couple of really good meals, and it was almost like my body was saying "its time again".

Listen to your body it will tell you what to do most times and it's right. Hang in there XO 

MJF

MerryJayneFriday

Polydrugged for many years after dx of Failed Back surgery.   Tapered from Lyrica from 2016 to 2020

24 minutes ago, MerryJayneFriday said:

Liza I found it.  I always felt better about my taper after holding a few months. I did several times on my 4 year journey. I always knew when it was time to drop again, I could eat a couple of really good meals, and it was almost like my body was saying "its time again".

Listen to your body it will tell you what to do most times and it's right. Hang in there XO 

MJF

Thanks so much. I definitely am not ready now and doubt I will be until the summer, as I’m still having pain in my leg from the clot and from Ehlers Danlos syndrome. 

My Intro topic

On 2/7/2022 at 10:41 PM, LizaB said:

My name is Liza and I’m from Canada. I am here because the Lyrica support group I am part of is shutting down. 
I was put on Lyrica last March 2021 for burning in my legs, but was started at 150mg and increased to 375mg in less than a month.

The side effects included severely burning legs, insomnia, and  anxiety. A month after I started taking it, I realize it was causing these problems and not some unknown disease. I began tapering and taped too fast to start. 

the withdrawal caused burning legs, severe insomnia, urinary urgency, anxiety, angry, depression.

In early November 2021, I was started to Seroquel to help with the insomnia, but it’s caused me to hyperventilate and then on Dec 28th, i was diagnosed with a DVT - Blood clot.

i am off the seroquel, but am holding the Lyrica at 85mg because the recovery from the blood clot has been pretty awful.

Since the clot, my anxiety has been quite severe and I feel like something terrible is going to happen, especially when o get a new pain. 
And FYI  I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. 

Sorry to hear you too are suffering. I'm still on 190mg per day of Lyrica and have burning throughout my body, trouble sleeping (which started following my first cv19 vaccine), constipation, BMS, dry mouth nose, sinuses.  I'm said to have Ehlers Danlos too, not formerly written but consultant mentioned this on a telephone appointment and my daughter is diagnosed.

My Intro topic  

Insomnia following AZ vaccine April 21.

May 21-July 21-Began Lorazepam.  Withdrew as per Dr recommendations. (i now have learned that this was too fast)

August 21 diagnosed with Fibromyralgia and CFS and possible Ehlers Danlos

September 21- Started Pregabalin/Lyrica 150mg, upped to 250mg in the coming weeks, didn't like the way it made me feel so dropped to 200mg end Nov 21/start Dec 21 (as per Dr advice) found the survivors group, held there until

22nd Jan 22 began following Ashton Manual. Got to 88mg am and pm (176mg daily) 11th March.  Holding here atm as caught covid, and appears I have symptoms of long covid.

• Administrator

Hello, @LizaB

What drugs are you taking now, at what times o'clock and dosages? How do you feel before and after each dose?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, @LizaB

What drugs are you taking now, at what times o'clock and dosages? How do you feel before and after each dose?

All of them? Sadly, I take so many and at all times. I want to get off all of them. 

For Lyrica, I take 50 mg at 6 a.m. and 35mg at 7 p.m.  I have not reduced since Nov 15th and most of the Lyrica withdrawal symptoms have subsided, but when my legs were burning during withdrawal, I can’t remember if they felt better after I took a dose…likely did a bit. However, the insomnia never got better, but just got worse. It wasn’t until the stupid blood clot that I started sleeping well. Maybe just a coincidence.

My Intro topic

10 hours ago, Lovetobefree said:

Sorry to hear you too are suffering. I'm still on 190mg per day of Lyrica and have burning throughout my body, trouble sleeping (which started following my first cv19 vaccine), constipation, BMS, dry mouth nose, sinuses.  I'm said to have Ehlers Danlos too, not formerly written but consultant mentioned this on a telephone appointment and my daughter is diagnosed.

@LovetobefreeI am sorry to hear what happening to you. Fortunately, I didn’t have a problem with the covid vaccines or booster, but know EDS patients do react oddly to medications. When did you start reducing the Lyrica? 

My Intro topic

On 2/8/2022 at 9:18 AM, MerryJayneFriday said:

Welcome aboard Liza and I'm sure sorry you are suffering. I had every one of your symptoms and more!  So during that time epsom salt baths were my best friend along with Cannabis.  If it were me I wouldn't add any more rx drugs to the mix and I would hold at 85mg until I stabilized a little. I held many times there is no shame in holding. 

As you familiarize yourself with the website here you will find in the tapering section the files from the Facebook group. If you have problems please holler. XO 

MJF

@MerryJayneFridayi don’t have a bathtub, but do use ketamine compounded cream on my legs and it works. It’s just Uber expensive, so I only use it when things are really bad. I thought about using it on my painful leg with the clot, but am too scared.

I have been sooo soooo sooo scared of trying anything new, even supplements scared me. i was even afraid to take the omega fish oil from the naturopath tonight. 

i am currently dealing with a Oral thrush infection they won’t go away. And because I’m on blood thinners, I have limited options for treatment. Sorry…I kind of got off track. 

My Intro topic

I had a blood clot on Dec 28th and since then I have been beyond anxious. (I was anxious before this because of the lyrica and Seroquel side effects and withdrawal).  I am scared of dying and when I get a new pain or illness, I freak out.  I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, so it will take me longer to heal that most people and sadly, since the clot, I have have very little pain management, which has slowed the recovery further.

Because I’m going off lyrica my psychiatrist has been apprehensive about giving me an anti depressants or anything but Clonazapam.  Also because when I went off Effexor in 2017/2018- ish, I had a terrible time getting off of it.

Yesterday I spoke to my GP, as I was having intense pain in my leg and fear. She suggested I take 10mg of Prozac, because she think my brain is sending the wrong messages, but I really don’t know what to think or do.

I am very aprensiva about taking medications, because of the Lyrica and Seroquel, but my doc think taking Prozac might help me get off more of the medication I don’t want to be on anymore and settle my mind enough to recover.  

I am interested in hearing what others think and if you have experience taking a low dose of Prozac or with what I’m going through 

thanks. 

#prozac #lyrica #gabapentinoids

My Intro topic

• Administrator

Hello, @LizaB How much Lyrica are you taking now, at what times o'clock and dosages? How do you feel before and after each dose?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@LizaB

i am really sorry you are battling with a clot. Could I ask whether it was provoked or not?  As you know that defines how long you are to be on DOACS. I guess you are on Xeralto or Eliquis. 
When I was on them my haematologist wanted to CT me off ADs. 
He was unhappy with the extra serotonin causing bleeding and of course it had to rapid taper. 
Nevertheless I am sure lots of folk are on Ssri meds and DOACS together safely. But I would check with the haematology consultant for reassurance.  Yours OldDodgy 

My Intro topic.  Was Dickie in FB gabapentinoids 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

2020 June Stopped Pregabalin 150 at night using Ashton Method Some holds. 

2021 December Stopped Mirtazipine 15 using Ashton Method. (Slower at end). 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Oxazepam 10mg.STOPPED 10th FEB 2022  “Rescue dose x 2 in 2 months. 

Buccastem 3mg less than 1 a month for nausea. 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

41 minutes ago, OldDodgy said:

@LizaB

i am really sorry you are battling with a clot. Could I ask whether it was provoked or not?  As you know that defines how long you are to be on DOACS. I guess you are on Xeralto or Eliquis. 
When I was on them my haematologist wanted to CT me off ADs. 
He was unhappy with the extra serotonin causing bleeding and of course it had to rapid taper. 
Nevertheless I am sure lots of folk are on Ssri meds and DOACS together safely. But I would check with the haematology consultant for reassurance.  Yours OldDodgy 

@OldDodgyit was unprovoked, but the week prior I was hyperventilating from the Seroquel. My mother, her twin and many of their cousins have this unknown clotting disorder, and thus doc thinks I’ve inherited it, so will likely stay on Eliquis for ever. 

good point about speaking to the hematologist!

The thing is I’m scared to add more medication to the already long list.  

My Intro topic

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, @LizaB How much Lyrica are you taking now, at what times o'clock and dosages? How do you feel before and after each dose?

@Altostratai am current on 85mg. 50 mg in A.M and 35 in P.M. I have not reduced since November 15th and have no plans to reduce until I’m doin better physically. (I’m also dealing with IBS and oral thrush that is stubborn). Because I’ve been on this dose for a while, I don’t notice much (in a good way), as most of the withdrawal and side effects have stopped. 

My Intro topic

@LizaB

I am glad you are on Apixaban- it has the least side effects usually. They usually reduce after 6 months and with unprovoked it’s for life.  
my haematology chap had never heard of pregabalin but contacted Addenbrooks who said stop it CT ! 
in the end we compromised on a half dose while I tapered. Saying that I could find nothing in the literature about a drug interaction !  
I would join the Xarelto/Eliquis FB group. They are very supportive and well moderated. Always be advised by your medics. 
Yours OD

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

• Administrator
On 2/17/2022 at 4:22 PM, LizaB said:

(I’m also dealing with IBS and oral thrush that is stubborn).

Are you also taking drugs to treat the thrush?

On 2/20/2022 at 4:28 PM, Altostrata said:

Are you also taking drugs to treat the thrush?

Yes and by the naturopath. It is starting to get better now

My Intro topic

I saw my Hematologist and Ehlers Danlos doctor this week and it’s seem like the clot is causing the severe pain in my groin and inner thigh  and I am going to have to switch to a injection blood thinner for a while. Hopefully it won’t be for long,  because it makes me really anxious because it involved jabbing myself, but more so it’s a new medications. I really hate taking anything new because how traumatized I feel over the Lyrica and Seroquel and really hate not feeling I have a choice. They can’t do radiology, so it’s either this or things  probably will not get better. 

I am sad and don’t understand why this is happening to me. I just want to escape my body and life.

And in order to task the injection blood thinner, I have to weigh myself and I don’t want to do that because of all the weight I’ve gained from the bloody Lyrica.

I guess one bit of good news is I got referred to the guru of medication toxicity and I really hope he can help me get off as many medications as possible. The reason I was referred was because my leg pain got extremely bad after I took try Depo Provera injection , which I’ve been on for 19 years 

My Intro topic

@LizaB

This clot business is not what you need. If they think clexane (heparin) by injection will speed things then I guess you have to comply. In fact our body destroys the clot itself and the injections are to prevent clot extension. 
I am a wimp and managed injections for months, but I understand your reluctance! 
I hope you can stabilise your meds successfully. 
Yours OD.  Aka Dxxk 

10 hours ago, OldDodgy said:

@LizaB

This clot business is not what you need. If they think clexane (heparin) by injection will speed things then I guess you have to comply. In fact our body destroys the clot itself and the injections are to prevent clot extension. 
I am a wimp and managed injections for months, but I understand your reluctance! 
I hope you can stabilise your meds successfully. 
Yours OD.  Aka Dxxk 

Thank so much. Hopefully the injections will only be for a week to two. 

My Intro topic

@LizaB

After injections DO NOT rub the area 

Hope it’s all ok. 
The injections had no adverse effect on withdrawal- but it got itchy dry skin. E45 helped. Avoid antihistamines in with drawl I was advised by YW in the other group 

Best wishes 
OD 

@LizaB

hey Liza,I just wanted to throw this in as Iv been reading your post but when I was on birth control in my younger years,it started what they thought was a blood clot. Then in my mid 20s I was on depo for a year and it never stop any bleeding and ended up with a partial hysterectomy at 24yrs old. But they said the blood clot was caused from the Bc which is a side effect.  Just thought I’d add that in. Nothing like having every thing wrong with you.  😀 smile it makes pple wonder what your up to. 😀 we just strong warriors is all,that’s it! 

@LizaB

Hey I'm sorry I do not have a but of wisdom on clots. Fortunately I've not had to deal with those in person or in my family or friends or pets. But i hope you feel better and OD always has great advice. I wish he were my dr lol.  I'll be praying you feel better soon XOXO 

Hang in there!

MJF

MerryJayneFriday

On 2/27/2022 at 7:51 PM, SurvivingInjustice said:

@LizaB

hey Liza,I just wanted to throw this in as Iv been reading your post but when I was on birth control in my younger years,it started what they thought was a blood clot. Then in my mid 20s I was on depo for a year and it never stop any bleeding and ended up with a partial hysterectomy at 24yrs old. But they said the blood clot was caused from the Bc which is a side effect.  Just thought I’d add that in. Nothing like having every thing wrong with you.  😀 smile it makes pple wonder what your up to. 😀 we just strong warriors is all,that’s it! 

Thanks. I take a shot that doesn’t have estrogen which is what can causes clots, so what happened to me was weird and unusual. 

My Intro topic

On 2/27/2022 at 2:23 PM, OldDodgy said:

@LizaB

Hope it’s all ok. 
The injections had no adverse effect on withdrawal- but it got itchy dry skin. E45 helped. Avoid antihistamines in with drawl I was advised by YW in the other group 

Best wishes 
OD 

@OldDodgywhat is E45? Will I bruise from the Lovenox injections? I picked the medication up today and am supposed to start tomorrow. I am bloody nervous. 

I have to take prescription reactin every day, but not exactly sure what you mean about anti histamines. 

My Intro topic

LizaB The injection sites will show bruising and as OldDodgy said don’t rub the area after having injected. The hardest part is becoming used to injecting oneself, after the 1st couple of times you shall be a pro. Believe E45 is a moisturiser for your skin, vaguely recollect having seen it here. Just use a quality moisturiser on the areas where you’re not injecting. All the confidence in the world you shall succeed 🥰🥰

Michele G:  my Intro topic

Poly drugged 20 yrs ADs & sleeping pills. 10 years Anxiolytic. 7 yrs Lyrica. 
Hx Valium 15mg 12/20 cut dose in half now on 2.5mg 3x/day.

Mirtazapine 7.5mg CTd 3/2021 per Dr, reinstated 4/21 @ 15mg. Zopiclone 3.75 CTd 7/21 E-script glitch, didn’t resume. 2016 Lyrica 150mg 2x/day, < 100mg 2x/day 2016. Tapered to 50mg 2x/day 4/2021-10/21, taper on hold. Oxybutnin Patch 3.9mg started 2016. LDN 3.0mg at night. Fish oil, Magnesium 400mg, Multivitamin, Iron,  D3/K2, B Vitamins - all daily.  Ashwagandha as needed  Not cognisant of tapering until joining Lyrica Survivors.

@LizaB

Yes any good moisturising cream will help but I should have said I used it particularly for the dry skin and itch on my legs and back. Don’t injected in the midline but choose alternate sides of your tummy - this is more comfy if you bend.  I injected slowly to reduce the slight stinging. Good luck with it.  I was on in twice a day for three months. 
Reactin is an antihistamine and it will reduce itching and is ok with clexane. The reason I DID NOT use an antihistamine was because I was tapering mirtazipine and YW from the group warned against an antihistamine in mirtazipine withdrawal. You will be fine. 
Incidentally Depo provers does increase the chance of clots, even though it’s a progestogen. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20798377/

OldDodgy 

2 hours ago, Aussieblue said:

LizaB The injection sites will show bruising and as OldDodgy said don’t rub the area after having injected. The hardest part is becoming used to injecting oneself, after the 1st couple of times you shall be a pro. Believe E45 is a moisturiser for your skin, vaguely recollect having seen it here. Just use a quality moisturiser on the areas where you’re not injecting. All the confidence in the world you shall succeed 🥰🥰

@Aussiebluethank you. I am so scared. 

My Intro topic

1 hour ago, OldDodgy said:

@LizaB

Yes any good moisturising cream will help but I should have said I used it particularly for the dry skin and itch on my legs and back. Don’t injected in the midline but choose alternate sides of your tummy - this is more comfy if you bend.  I injected slowly to reduce the slight stinging. Good luck with it.  I was on in twice a day for three months. 
Reactin is an antihistamine and it will reduce itching and is ok with clexane. The reason I DID NOT use an antihistamine was because I was tapering mirtazipine and YW from the group warned against an antihistamine in mirtazipine withdrawal. You will be fine. 
Incidentally Depo provers does increase the chance of clots, even though it’s a progestogen. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20798377/

OldDodgy 

@OldDodgyOMG.I just sent the info to my hematologist. 

thank you for your help and support. It means a lot.

My Intro topic

Liza your fears are perfectly normal. All will be well, anyone in the group is able to conquer the world. Feel free to pm me if need be. Am on Australian EST. XX

Michele G:  my Intro topic

Poly drugged 20 yrs ADs & sleeping pills. 10 years Anxiolytic. 7 yrs Lyrica. 
Hx Valium 15mg 12/20 cut dose in half now on 2.5mg 3x/day.

Mirtazapine 7.5mg CTd 3/2021 per Dr, reinstated 4/21 @ 15mg. Zopiclone 3.75 CTd 7/21 E-script glitch, didn’t resume. 2016 Lyrica 150mg 2x/day, < 100mg 2x/day 2016. Tapered to 50mg 2x/day 4/2021-10/21, taper on hold. Oxybutnin Patch 3.9mg started 2016. LDN 3.0mg at night. Fish oil, Magnesium 400mg, Multivitamin, Iron,  D3/K2, B Vitamins - all daily.  Ashwagandha as needed  Not cognisant of tapering until joining Lyrica Survivors.

On 2/27/2022 at 2:23 PM, OldDodgy said:

@LizaB

Hope it’s all ok. 

Best wishes 
OD 

@OldDodgywe did the injection, but it really stung and hurt for 45minutes. I took clonazepam this morning becaus I got so anxious, but it didn’t help much. My mom told   me I was crazy and that I should be in hospital for mental problems.
I know she is very resentful of having to stay with me and in a way I want her gone, but I have no one else. I feel quite alone. 

the hematologist still has not answered my questions and I am frustrated. 

My Intro topic

@LizaB

Ouch 

It isn’t always a stinger. But I do sympathise!  It’s important you prevent clots though. And you will get used to it. 
Try not to updose the Clon if possible.  Warm the syringe in your hands before using it of course. 
Part of your anxiety is because your mum seems unhappy with the situation.  
Obviously if you are not capable of coping alone you and mum need support from your medics.  
Good luck with tomorrow’s injection. 
OD