LizaB: Lyrica / pregabalin

LizaB

19 minutes ago, OldDodgy said:

@LizaB

I am sorry you feel a bit neglected. 
You only get “noted” if some one is being notified of your new posts. 

Regarding urine issues - it is recognised side effect of clonazepam. 

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/clonazepam-side-effects.html

I hope you are drinking enough.  

I have just had Covid and still in a lot of pain so not been very helpful. Only out of bed for ten mins a day to get water and apple.  

OldDodgy 

Hi Liza,

Apologies you feel this way.

I'm sorry I can't help I have no knowledge of clonazepam.  I get notified by email if you have posted on here but I don't always come on my email.  Sorry I'm not of much help either at the moment as I also contracted covid and feel absolutely dire.

Hope you find some peace soon.  Take care of yourself. Know you are worth it xx

My Intro topic  

Insomnia following AZ vaccine April 21.

May 21-July 21-Began Lorazepam.  Withdrew as per Dr recommendations. (i now have learned that this was too fast)

August 21 diagnosed with Fibromyralgia and CFS and possible Ehlers Danlos

September 21- Started Pregabalin/Lyrica 150mg, upped to 250mg in the coming weeks, didn't like the way it made me feel so dropped to 200mg end Nov 21/start Dec 21 (as per Dr advice) found the survivors group, held there until

22nd Jan 22 began following Ashton Manual. Got to 88mg am and pm (176mg daily) 11th March.  Holding here atm as caught covid, and appears I have symptoms of long covid.

39 minutes ago, LizaB said:

I am so sad today.

I was having a lot of anxiety, so the doctor told me I could take a bit more clonazepam, which I did, and it helped the anxiety, but now I can’t sleep at all. I slept for many 20

minutes at a time last night and my bladder kept telling me to pee, when there was nothing in my bladder. 

I was supposed to go to the Hospital for an important appointment and had to cancel because I’ve been awake all night and just feel like crying.

Does anyone know if clonazepam can cause insomnia and depression, urinary urgency ect???

And how can I get people to see my posts?
i very very  much appreciate the two members who always reply, but curious why no one else sees what I write?

Hi @LizaB

I had an urge to urinate when I was taking clonazepam.
Now I'm taking pregabalin and understand the side effects you mentioned in previous posts.
I will be sending positive energies! 🌻
(Sorry for my English. My native language is Portuguese).

Past meds:

• 2013-2019 = 100mg Quetiapine
  • mar20 - aug20 = 50mg Quetiapine
  • aug20 - jun21 = 25mg Quetiapine + 5mg melatonin
  • jun21 - aug21 = 12,5mg Quetiapine + 5mg melatonin
  • aug21 = 6,25mg Quetiapine + 5mg melatonin
  • sep21 - oct21 =  5mg melatonin
  • oct21 - dec21 = 0,5mg Clonazepam + 5mg melatonin 
  • 25th dec 21 - 5th jan 22 = 5mg melatonin  
  • 5th jan 22 - 17th jan 22 = 0,3mg Clonazepam + 5mg melatonin + 12mg CBD full spectrum
  • 17th jan 22 - 19th fev 22 = 0,2mg Clonazepam + 5mg melatonin 
  • 19th fev 22 - 25th fev 22 = 12,5mg Quetiapine

Current meds:

• 01st mar 22 = 50mg Pregablin (Lyrica) 
  •  50mg Pregablin = 30 mg 10:30 PM + 12,5mg 10:30 AM + 7,5 mg 5:00 AM
  • 23 mar = 6,25mg Quetiapine  /  31 mar = 5,0 mg / 11 apr - until now = 4,0 mg at 04:30AM
  • (Between 15 may - 20 may) 0,5 mg Quetiapine 03:30 AM 

@LizaB

I'm really sorry you are struggling. im sure not familiar at all about the clonezapam but @OldDodgy has saved me again thank you pal..  it really is disconcerting to have to pee and nothing is there. Do make sure you hydrate water is your best friend right now. Maybe some electrolyte like a Gatorade or I have a recipe for home made electrolyte drink if you like. 

I recall back in 2018 when I was still withdrawing that I got an invite (as Fire Chief) to go to the Governor inauguration.  My anxiety was thru the roof that day and I couldn't make myself leave my house. I really feel like I missed out. 

Hang in there it does get better.  I don't have that crippling anxiety much anymore. 

MJF

MerryJayneFriday

Polydrugged for many years after dx of Failed Back surgery.   Tapered from Lyrica from 2016 to 2020

Quit 10 mg oxycontin Sept 2021

currently taking 5mg oxycodone every 4 to 5 hours

2 hours ago, MerryJayneFriday said:

@LizaB

I'm really sorry you are struggling. im sure not familiar at all about the clonezapam but @OldDodgy has saved me again thank you pal..  it really is disconcerting to have to pee and nothing is there. Do make sure you hydrate water is your best friend right now. Maybe some electrolyte like a Gatorade or I have a recipe for home made electrolyte drink if you like. 

I recall back in 2018 when I was still withdrawing that I got an invite (as Fire Chief) to go to the Governor inauguration.  My anxiety was thru the roof that day and I couldn't make myself leave my house. I really feel like I missed out. 

Hang in there it does get better.  I don't have that crippling anxiety much anymore. 

MJF

Thank you. 

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

currently taking 85mg of Lyrica. 

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety 
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

Zoloft- took as an adolescent and into my 20s. Went off of it in my early 20s. 
Buspar- Took as a child, must have switched to Zoloft at some point. 

2 hours ago, OldDodgy said:

@LizaB

I am sorry you feel a bit neglected. 
You only get “noted” if some one is being notified of your new posts. 

Regarding urine issues - it is recognised side effect of clonazepam. 

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/clonazepam-side-effects.html

I hope you are drinking enough.  

I have just had Covid and still in a lot of pain so not been very helpful. Only out of bed for ten mins a day to get water and apple.  

OldDodgy 

@OldDodgyfeel better and you have been immensely helpful. 

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

2 hours ago, Valerio said:

Hi @LizaB

I had an urge to urinate when I was taking clonazepam.
Now I'm taking pregabalin and understand the side effects you mentioned in previous posts.
I will be sending positive energies! 🌻
(Sorry for my English. My native language is Portuguese).

@Valeriothank you and I’m sorry you are having those side effects. 

My Intro topic

@LizaB

My pleasure to help. 

Hope symptoms settle. 

OD 

My Intro topic.  Was Dickie in FB gabapentinoids 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

2020 June Stopped Pregabalin 150 at night using Ashton Method Some holds. 

2021 December Stopped Mirtazipine 15 using Ashton Method. (Slower at end). 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Oxazepam 10mg.STOPPED 10th FEB 2022  “Rescue dose x 2 in 2 months. 

Buccastem 3mg less than 1 a month for nausea. 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

• Moderator Emeritus
20 hours ago, LizaB said:

Can Clonazepam cause insomnia and/or depression

I have been having terrible anxiety from a

blood clot and my doc told me to take more

clonazapam, so I have been taking a bit more since Thursday, but now I can’t sleep, feel less anxiety, but more depression. 

Does clonazepam cause insomnia, urinary urgency and depression if you increase it slight above 0,5mg?

what should I do? 

Liza, I moved this post from the Benzo Forum in order to discuss your situation within your own thread. This keeps all of your information in one place. 

Your signature states "Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety " Please update your signature to include the date and dose you started taking clonazepam and also, any dates where you changed the dose.  A direct link to your signature is here:

Account Settings - Create or Update Your Signature

Clonazepam, like all benzos, is a central nervous system depressant, so yes, it can cause feelings of fatigue and weakness, along with many other side effects in the list that OldDodgy linked in his post above. 

When are you taking your drugs and supplements? Please list the time(s) of day and the dose. Benzos are notorious for causing paradoxical reactions, especially when combined with other sedating drugs or supplements, so knowing when you take your drugs can help us give you advice. 

OMG. I feel so much better today. Did not take any extra clonazepam yesterday and feel like a different person today. I slept so well last night!

My Intro topic

4 hours ago, Shep said:

Liza, I moved this post from the Benzo Forum in order to discuss your situation within your own thread. This keeps all of your information in one place. 

Your signature states "Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety " Please update your signature to include the date and dose you started taking clonazepam and also, any dates where you changed the dose.  A direct link to your signature is here:

Clonazepam, like all benzos, is a central nervous system depressant, so yes, it can cause feelings of fatigue and weakness, along with many other side effects in the list that OldDodgy linked in his post above. 

When are you taking your drugs and supplements? Please list the time(s) of day and the dose. Benzos are notorious for causing paradoxical reactions, especially when combined with other sedating drugs or supplements, so knowing when you take your drugs can help us give you advice. 

@Shep thanks. I did not take any extra clonazepam yesterday and feel like a different person today. I slept so well, no urinary urgency and feel far less depressed and anxious today. Knock on wood. 

My Intro topic

Great news LizaB - sleep is so restorative, you shall be back to yourself in no time. Xx

Michele G:  my Intro topic

Poly drugged 20 yrs ADs & sleeping pills. 10 years Anxiolytic. 7 yrs Lyrica. 
Hx Valium 15mg 12/20 cut dose in half now on 2.5mg 3x/day.

Mirtazapine 7.5mg CTd 3/2021 per Dr, reinstated 4/21 @ 15mg. Zopiclone 3.75 CTd 7/21 E-script glitch, didn’t resume. 2016 Lyrica 150mg 2x/day, < 100mg 2x/day 2016. Tapered to 50mg 2x/day 4/2021-10/21, taper on hold. Oxybutnin Patch 3.9mg started 2016. LDN 3.0mg at night. Fish oil, Magnesium 400mg, Multivitamin, Iron,  D3/K2, B Vitamins - all daily.  Ashwagandha as needed  Not cognisant of tapering until joining Lyrica Survivors.

• Moderator Emeritus
21 hours ago, LizaB said:

@Shep thanks. I did not take any extra clonazepam yesterday and feel like a different person today. I slept so well, no urinary urgency and feel far less depressed and anxious today. Knock on wood. 

This is great, Liza. It sides like you were getting hit with a lot of side effects of that updose.

Please go ahead and update your signature so we know your full benzo history. Also add in the dates with any dose changes. This will be important to keep straight in case a benzo updose question comes up later in your journey. Details like this often get missed if they're not documented and may be important later on. 

@ShepThanks.
My signature is up to date and listed Clonazepam. 

My Intro topic

I haven’t reduced the lyrica since November due to a blood clot, and for the last three months I was sleeping fairly well considering. 

I am now having urinary urgency in the second half of the night again and I am woken up every hour. 

Do you think this is still from Lyrica or maybe for something else I’m taking?

i have not listed all my medications which are numerous because I was told to only add certain medications, which I have done 

My Intro topic

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, LizaB said:

@ShepThanks.
My signature is up to date and listed Clonazepam. 

Liza, it doesn't look like your signature was saved with the update. It still reads "Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety." It will help the staff if you include the date you started and the dose and also, the dates for any changes in the dose. If your signature isn't saving for any reason, simply post the information here in your thread and I'll add it to your signature for you. 

9 hours ago, LizaB said:

i have not listed all my medications which are numerous because I was told to only add certain medications, which I have done 

What else are you taking?

Please add your drugs to this drug interaction checker. You may need to register for an account, but it's free to do so. 

Drug Interactions Checker

Please copy and paste the report here in your thread. 

50 minutes ago, Shep said:

Liza, it doesn't look like your signature was saved with the update. It still reads "Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety." It will help the staff if you include the date you started and the dose and also, the dates for any changes in the dose. If your signature isn't saving for any reason, simply post the information here in your thread and I'll add it to your signature for you. 

What else are you taking?

Please add your drugs to this drug interaction checker. You may need to register for an account, but it's free to do so. 

Drug Interactions Checker

Please copy and paste the report here in your thread. 

I am only taking 0.5 mg of clonazepam though, so don’t understand. I only took more for 3 days. 

Also, I am not comfortable sharing all the medications I take. I don’t knew when I started most of them either. 

My Intro topic

• Moderator Emeritus
12 minutes ago, LizaB said:

I am only taking 0.5 mg of clonazepam though, so don’t understand. I only took more for 3 days. 

When did you start taking it? Please note the staff doesn't ask for information unless it's important.

13 minutes ago, LizaB said:

Also, I am not comfortable sharing all the medications I take. I don’t knew when I started most of them either. 

I'm confused about what you expect from this forum. A few hours ago, you asked:

10 hours ago, LizaB said:

If you're not comfortable listing your drugs on the forum, please work with your doctor, not an online forum.