BeyondGabapentinoids: Transitioning Members from Lyrica Survivors FB group

BeyondGabapentinoids

Hey all you Lovely and strong peeps!

it’s just me here… Juanita A. 😁 trying to see if I can navigate this place.  Altho Iv filled out what I thought was my drug history,well I don’t know where it went and now my hands and fingers are too numb to retype it all. So i suppose I’ll be back shortly!  Love you all!   I pray this works out for us all as I miss not being able to jump on fb and reading. But we shall see.  Thanks for all the hard work you all are doing to help us. 

Edited by ChessieCat
de-italicised
19 hours ago, BeyondGabapentinoids said:

It has come to my attention that files from my Lyrica Survivors group are being shared with other Gabapentin and Lyrica groups. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED. 

I have shared my files solely with Surviving Antidepressants to have access while I am building the website. Please respect all my hard work and don't share my files. This is so disrespectful. 

The Spanish pharmacist I told you about couldn't join the group before going on hiatus. Can I share the files with her, please? What about other information that has been posted in the group, like scientific articles, videos, the interview to Mark Horowitz...? I was planning to put all the links together in a Word Document. If you don't want me to share the info, could at least tell me what sources did you use to write them? Thanks a lot!!

Mar C

• Administrator
22 hours ago, LizaB said:

Just so you guys know, some of your emails are being displayed for everyone on this site to see. I’ve notified a few of you, but thought if post here too. 

If you do not want your email displayed, go to Account, Account settings, Edit profile and then remove your email and save. 

You must mean e-mail addresses that on the the member's profile? We don't display any e-mails here on this site.

Each member can choose whether they want their e-mail address to be public. If you don't want it to be public, change your Settings (in menu under your name at the top right of every page).

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Administrator
On 2/10/2022 at 11:16 AM, AdriaticSea said:

Mar C has joined.

Uh oh!! do I really have to list all the medications I've been on since I was 22 years old? (now I'm 46) I don't remember most of them, I will have to look for 'names of drugs that end up in -ine or -in' or something like that.

Anyway, happy to be here, I'll let you know how it goes with the Spanish pharmacist and the tweets analysis project, that it's taking me ages to finish.

See ya!!

No, just the most recent ones, maybe in the last 3 years? Also when you started on psychiatric drugs. If necessary, we might ask for more detail later.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@JeaneenS

Hey welcome aboard!!!  I joke all the time about having a Teflon brain now,  nothing sticks lol.  We all be learning together ❤ 

MJF

MerryJayneFriday

Polydrugged for many years after dx of Failed Back surgery.   Tapered from Lyrica from 2016 to 2020

Quit 10 mg oxycontin Sept 2021

currently taking 5mg oxycodone every 4 to 5 hours

Hi I have a question regarding email. I’ve created a separate email account as a means to receive notifications. If I remove the email account in settings will I still receive notifications from the Lyrica Survivors group?  Thank you. 

Michele G:  my Intro topic

Poly drugged 20 yrs ADs & sleeping pills. 10 years Anxiolytic. 7 yrs Lyrica. 
Hx Valium 15mg 12/20 cut dose in half now on 2.5mg 3x/day.

Mirtazapine 7.5mg CTd 3/2021 per Dr, reinstated 4/21 @ 15mg. Zopiclone 3.75 CTd 7/21 E-script glitch, didn’t resume. 2016 Lyrica 150mg 2x/day, < 100mg 2x/day 2016. Tapered to 50mg 2x/day 4/2021-10/21, taper on hold. Oxybutnin Patch 3.9mg started 2016. LDN 3.0mg at night. Fish oil, Magnesium 400mg, Multivitamin, Iron,  D3/K2, B Vitamins - all daily.  Ashwagandha as needed  Not cognisant of tapering until joining Lyrica Survivors.

• Moderator Emeritus

The email which you have provided here on SA has nothing to do with the FB group.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

The email which you have provided here on SA has nothing to do with the FB group.

Sorry didn’t make myself clear. If I remove my email address from my profile will I still receive notifications from SA pertaining to the members who have transitioned over to SA from the FB group?  Thank you. 

Mirtazapine 7.5mg CTd 3/2021 per Dr, reinstated 4/21 @ 15mg. Zopiclone 3.75 CTd 7/21 E-script glitch, didn’t resume. 2016 Lyrica 150mg 2x/day, < 100mg 2x/day 2016. Tapered to 50mg 2x/day 4/2021-10/21, taper on hold. Oxybutnin Patch 3.9mg started 2016. LDN 3.0mg at night. Fish oil, Magnesium 400mg, Multivitamin, Iron,  D3/K2, B Vitamins - all daily.  Ashwagandha as needed  Not cognisant of tapering until joining Lyrica Survivors.

• Moderator Emeritus
5 minutes ago, Aussieblue said:

Sorry didn’t make myself clear. If I remove my email address from my profile will I still receive notifications from SA pertaining to the members who have transitioned over to SA from the FB group?  Thank you. 

When you join you provide an email address which is only visible to staff.  This is the one to which notifications are sent if you select that option.

The "other" email address is optional and is in your Profile under the heading How to Contact Me and can be seen by everyone if you filled that in.  If you completed that you are able to remove it without affecting the email that you signed up with.  The Edit Profile is above the See My Activity on the right hand side of your Profile page.

I hope that makes sense.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

Please remember to check out this topic for new posts:

fb-lyrica-survivors-general-chat-topic

Especially see this post:

On 2/13/2022 at 3:28 PM, BeyondGabapentinoids said:

It has come to my attention that files from my Lyrica Survivors group are being shared with other Gabapentin and Lyrica groups. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED. 

I have shared my files solely with Surviving Antidepressants to have access while I am building the website. Please respect all my hard work and don't share my files. This is so disrespectful. 

So sorry!  Did you know you posted your files on the internet?  They are still there.  You might want to take them down.  

On 2/14/2022 at 9:21 PM, JeaneenS said:

Hi to lovetobefree and survivingjustice and anyone else reading this.

Yes hopefully navigating this will become second nature. My ability to absorb new information is not what it once was.

I'm struggling to get to grips with this.

My Intro topic  

Insomnia following AZ vaccine April 21.

May 21-July 21-Began Lorazepam.  Withdrew as per Dr recommendations. (i now have learned that this was too fast)

August 21 diagnosed with Fibromyralgia and CFS and possible Ehlers Danlos

September 21- Started Pregabalin/Lyrica 150mg, upped to 250mg in the coming weeks, didn't like the way it made me feel so dropped to 200mg end Nov 21/start Dec 21 (as per Dr advice) found the survivors group, held there until

22nd Jan 22 began following Ashton Manual. Got to 88mg am and pm (176mg daily) 11th March.  Holding here atm as caught covid, and appears I have symptoms of long covid.

I was intimidated and still wary but by giving a few posts a go and hoping that they were worthwhile I found that any errors I made were corrected or moved as necessary.  I think we need to patient and brave. 
e mailing a mod directly has helped me cope with a complex issue. 
OD

My Intro topic.  Was Dickie in FB gabapentinoids 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

2020 June Stopped Pregabalin 150 at night using Ashton Method Some holds. 

2021 December Stopped Mirtazipine 15 using Ashton Method. (Slower at end). 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Oxazepam 10mg.STOPPED 10th FEB 2022  “Rescue dose x 2 in 2 months. 

Buccastem 3mg less than 1 a month for nausea. 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

• Administrator

If you use site search in this forum (box at upper right of page) for "gabapentinoids" (no quote marks), you will see those Introductions topics so tagged. The recent ones probably belong to people from the Facebook group.

Thanks 

OD 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

On 2/15/2022 at 3:22 AM, MerryJayneFriday said:

@JeaneenS

Hey welcome aboard!!!  I joke all the time about having a Teflon brain now,  nothing sticks lol.  We all be learning together ❤ 

MJF

Hey Merry,

Did I do things right do you know?  I created a post/topic post yesterday by marking it a symptom and posted there re dry eye, just wondered if I did this correctly, no replies from any of our fb group 😞 so wondered if I did right. Sorry if I've put this in the wrong place too.

My Intro topic  

May 21-July 21-Began Lorazepam.  Withdrew as per Dr recommendations. (i now have learned that this was too fast)

September 21- Started Pregabalin/Lyrica 150mg, upped to 250mg in the coming weeks, didn't like the way it made me feel so dropped to 200mg end Nov 21/start Dec 21 (as per Dr advice) found the survivors group, held there until

22nd Jan 22 began following Ashton Manual. Got to 88mg am and pm (176mg daily) 11th March.  Holding here atm as caught covid, and appears I have symptoms of long covid.

I got your post ok. 
OD

5 minutes ago, OldDodgy said:

I got your post ok. 
OD

Thanks OD :-) Just seen your reply. Have replied.  Thank you.  Hope you are ok.  Take care 

L xx

My Intro topic  

I got you Jean

MJF

MerryJayneFriday

Polydrugged for many years after dx of Failed Back surgery.   Tapered from Lyrica from 2016 to 2020

Quit 10 mg oxycontin Sept 2021

currently taking 5mg oxycodone every 4 to 5 hours

On 2/16/2022 at 5:10 PM, OldDodgy said:

I was intimidated and still wary but by giving a few posts a go and hoping that they were worthwhile I found that any errors I made were corrected or moved as necessary.  I think we need to patient and brave. 
e mailing a mod directly has helped me cope with a complex issue. 
OD

Which mod should I ask for help ?

FionaM:  my Intro topic

Pregablin was 100mg daily now 30.2mg😌once a day.

Tapering micro dose 0.2mg once or twice a week as can’t stand pain or the tinitus ! 
I need to increase my taper to a minimum of 5% a week otherwise I will be on this drug forever. If anyone has any hints and tips on how to manage the pain whilst tapering that would be awesome !

co-codamol 30/500mg

Thank you for reading my signature ! 😀

Onmyway is very helpful 

OD

• Administrator

Tip about the Notifications list (from the bell icon in the top navigation bar): If you start at the bottom of your list (older posts), you can work up without the earlier notifications fading out.

I am sorry the software has a flaw that fades the other notifications when you click on the most recent one in the list.

Hi Amy I and everyone 

Glad I have found you!

am still learning how to use this site so hope you don’t mind that I am now following you all so I can keep in touch and hopefully learn how to navigate ! 

Speak to you soon 😀

Fiona ( still working out how to edit my user name ) to add my surname initial.

FionaM:  my Intro topic

Pregablin was 100mg daily now 30.2mg😌once a day.

Tapering micro dose 0.2mg once or twice a week as can’t stand pain or the tinitus ! 
I need to increase my taper to a minimum of 5% a week otherwise I will be on this drug forever. If anyone has any hints and tips on how to manage the pain whilst tapering that would be awesome !

co-codamol 30/500mg

Thank you for reading my signature ! 😀

@Fiona

Hi 

I think click on your name, go to accounts, setting, profile and edit. 
I may be wrong !,

OldDodgy aka dxxk

• Moderator Emeritus
11 hours ago, Fiona said:

Hi Amy I and everyone 

Glad I have found you!

am still learning how to use this site so hope you don’t mind that I am now following you all so I can keep in touch and hopefully learn how to navigate ! 

Speak to you soon 😀

Fiona ( still working out how to edit my user name ) to add my surname initial.

11 hours ago, OldDodgy said:

@Fiona

Hi 

I think click on your name, go to accounts, setting, profile and edit. 
I may be wrong !,

OldDodgy aka dxxk

You are not able to edit your member name.

Ah. Such is life but probably for good reason thanks. 
OD 

Hi all, Michele G here from Amy’s group.  Am trying to navigate my way around. One problem I’m having is how to comment on posts. Sometimes there appears to be a comment bar, others not. If anyone would like to direct please do. Have done a search without result. Think I need a 101 course in being vaguely savvy. Cheers all. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I suggest that you put your FB name (first name and initial of surname) in your drug signature like I have done for Aussieblue.  <-- click on this link to go to Aussieblue's post  and look at the drug signature under the post.

This goes straight to your own drug signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Edited by ChessieCat

• Moderator Emeritus
26 minutes ago, Aussieblue said:

Sometimes there appears to be a comment bar, others not. If anyone would like to direct please do.

Q:  What device are you using to view the site?

2 hours ago, Aussieblue said:

Hi all, Michele G here from Amy’s group.  Am trying to navigate my way around. One problem I’m having is how to comment on posts. Sometimes there appears to be a comment bar, others not. If anyone would like to direct please do. Have done a search without result. Think I need a 101 course in being vaguely savvy. Cheers all. 

Maybe try to do just as I have done and use the "quote" on the bottom of the response. This is what you will see, but you will be able to respond. Let me know if this works.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

When I make a post under my introduction is, why is barely anyone commenting?

I have been able to DM some members of the old group, but it’s a shame there is no way for all of us to connect under 1 topic heading like this. 

When I would post in the Lyrica group, a bunch of people would reply almost immediately and now I’m finding I get maybe 1 reply.
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. What am I doing wrong? 

I need advice another adding another medication , but don’t quite know where to get it. I did post about it under my Intro and did get 1 reply, which I’m grateful for. 

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

currently taking 85mg of Lyrica. 

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety 
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

Zoloft- took as an adolescent and into my 20s. Went off of it in my early 20s. 
Buspar- Took as a child, must have switched to Zoloft at some point. 

3 minutes ago, LizaB said:

When I make a post under my introduction is, why is barely anyone commenting?

I have been able to DM some members of the old group, but it’s a shame there is no way for all of us to connect under 1 topic heading like this. 

When I would post in the Lyrica group, a bunch of people would reply almost immediately and now I’m finding I get maybe 1 reply.
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. What am I doing wrong? 

I need advice another adding another medication , but don’t quite know where to get it. I did post about it under my Intro and did get 1 reply, which I’m grateful for. 

This is actually my intro post you are all commenting on. Chessie Cat and Altostrata set up a special chat for our group and the link is above in this thread. Here it is again. But you might want to go to home and check out the other topics if it's about a different medication. 

Link to Lyrica Survivors chat:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26568-fb-lyrica-survivors-general-chat-topic/

Founded and ran the Lyrica Survivors (Pregabalin and Gabapentin Support) from Aug 2011-Feb 2022

Jan-Feb 2011: withdrew from 150mg Lyrica in 30 days after being on it for 5 years. Started at 25mg, and eventually increased over the years with extensive side effects thought to be my health conditions worsening or new ones occurring. Suffered protracted withdrawal for 2 years

Poly-Drugged approx 2000-2011

Opiates, Gabapentinoids, Benzos, Antidepressants, Z Drugs, Muscle Relaxers

Drug Free since 2014, and successfully managing condition with natural alternatives. 

On 2/14/2022 at 7:17 AM, Boris said:

Hi all to the new members from the FB group and welcome.

I am not sure where to ask this so will here as I’ve noticed a fair few members of your group mention bladder/urinary issues. Is this quite common with Lyrica? I’m starting to think that is the main culprit. Once I was off it for 3months I got my first proper windows of very minimal symptoms.

thanks I’m advance.

Yes. When I was tapering, it felt like I had to pee 30 times a night, when I didn’t have to. I’ve been holding at 85mg since Nov and the bladder issues subsided around Christmas. 

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

4 minutes ago, BeyondGabapentinoids said:

This is actually my intro post you are all commenting on. Chessie Cat and Altostrata set up a special chat for our group and the link is above in this thread. Here it is again. But you might want to go to home and check out the other topics if it's about a different medication. 

Link to Lyrica Survivors chat:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26568-fb-lyrica-survivors-general-chat-topic/

Sorry about that. Thanks. Hope you are doing well. 

My Intro topic