Clancy: Just moved from the FB Lyrica page

Clancy

• Hello Everyone,

it’s me, Laura from Amy’s FB group. Just wanted to say Hi to you all, and let you know that I’ve made it across the divide!

For those who don’t know me, I was prescribed Lyrica for PTSD after an incident in India.

I took it for 9 months @300mg a day, it worked at first, then turned on me making anxiety symptoms worse and a bunch of bizarre physical symptoms too.

I tapered very cautiously using the Breggin/Aston titration protocol over a year… I was probably a bit more cautious than I needed to be in retrospect but after reading other members stories, I took heed.

I am now two weeks clear of Lyrica! I am doing well, I have minimal physical symptoms just a few niggles, like frequent peeing, tiredness, and a bit of irritability and anxiety.

it’s all very bearable, but I am keen to get back to the slim, fit, active person I was. I’ve put on two stone😩 and lost two teeth to Lyrica..but I determined to loose the weight this spring and think about implants to restore my choppers.

Anyhow just wanted to say a big Hi to my old friends from Amy’s board, and an equally big one to everyone here. 

Can’t wait to get to know you all❤️

Laura from FB:  my Intro topic

• 9 Months on Lyrica @300mg a day
  • Tapered via Breggin/Ashton protocol over 12 months
  • clear of Lyrica since January 30 2022
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Clancy: Just moved from the FB Lyrica page

Hello from Lyrica survivors!

Hi Everyone,

Laura here from Amy’s ‘Surviving Lyrica’ FB group.

This is my third attempt to make a post, it seems quite complicated!
I managed to put my history in the signature now, so I am really hoping that this post actually makes it lol.

I just wanted to let all my friends from Amy’s group know that I’m here and say Hi👋 To you all, and also to say a big hello to all the folk here I’ve yet to meet.

I’ll tel y’all how Im getting on once I see that Ive got the formula right, and my post has nade it!

Hugs to all,

Lauraxxx

Edited by ChessieCat
added Intro topic title before merging with intro topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Clancy and welcome to SA,

Congratulations on successfully getting off Lyrica.

Please check out the relevant posts linked in Post #1 of this topic, especially the one titled "It Doesn't End at 0"

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

It will be important not to get complacent and inadvertently overdo things.

And thank you for creating your drug signature.

This is your own Introduction topic which is the best place to ask questions specific to your own situation and where you can journal your progress.  This keeps your history in one place and means you do not have to repeat your story.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thanks for the Welcome Chessie Cat! 

Ha! I am finding this out! Im not feeling great at the moment….Im so sleepy and I have very little energy. I had dental surgery to remove a cracked and broken tooth ( thanks again Lyrica!) last week and honestly, my mouth is SO sore!  There is a bit of suture sticking out of my gum ( as the had to cut through the gum, rather than pull it out) and it just feels horrible. I’m really struggling to eat right now, and only want cold smoothies etc.

Im also peeing all the time! Like at least every 90 minutes! So that’s driving me crazy too. Then there the temperature regulation thing - I’m hot one minute, cold the next. 
Boy, how long will this last? I guess there no good answer to that!

I have this feeling of life just passing me by, after I’ve done the housework and dog walking, I don’t have much energy for anything else, which makes me anxious as I have a business to keep afloat…I’m just about managing to keep it going, but it’s demanding.

Because I’m spending a lot of time on my butt right now, I’ve started to teach myself a new language ( Polish) and this has proved to be my salvation.

When I’ve finished a lesson, I feel  as if I have achieved something and it’s 

fun to grow my vocabulary. It makes me feel as if I’m not wasting my time, and I’m hoping that it will be good exercise for my brain…it seems to help when I’m feeling anxious too. 
I’m hoping things will improve with the coming spring, it really cheers me up to see the light increasing slowly.

Can’t wait to connect with all my lovely friends from LS on FB… love to you all xx

21 hours ago, Clancy said:

Anyone there from Lyrica survivors? Say Hi if so!

Hi, hows you?

My Intro topic  

Insomnia following AZ vaccine April 21.

May 21-July 21-Began Lorazepam.  Withdrew as per Dr recommendations. (i now have learned that this was too fast)

August 21 diagnosed with Fibromyralgia and CFS and possible Ehlers Danlos

September 21- Started Pregabalin/Lyrica 150mg, upped to 250mg in the coming weeks, didn't like the way it made me feel so dropped to 200mg end Nov 21/start Dec 21 (as per Dr advice) found the survivors group, held there until

22nd Jan 22 began following Ashton Manual. Got to 88mg am and pm (176mg daily) 11th March.  Holding here atm as caught covid, and appears I have symptoms of long covid.

Hello MJF here I was a mod in the Facebook group

MerryJayneFriday

Polydrugged for many years after dx of Failed Back surgery.   Tapered from Lyrica from 2016 to 2020

Quit 10 mg oxycontin Sept 2021

currently taking 5mg oxycodone every 4 to 5 hours

On 2/11/2022 at 11:22 AM, Clancy said:

Hello from Lyrica survivors!

Hi Everyone,

Laura here from Amy’s ‘Surviving Lyrica’ FB group.

This is my third attempt to make a post, it seems quite complicated!
I managed to put my history in the signature now, so I am really hoping that this post actually makes it lol.

I just wanted to let all my friends from Amy’s group know that I’m here and say Hi👋 To you all, and also to say a big hello to all the folk here I’ve yet to meet.

I’ll tel y’all how Im getting on once I see that Ive got the formula right, and my post has nade it!

Hugs to all,

Lauraxxx

Hi, I’m from the group too. Nice to see you here.  I just sent you a message
-Liza 

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

currently taking 85mg of Lyrica. 

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety 
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

Zoloft- took as an adolescent and into my 20s. Went off of it in my early 20s. 
Buspar- Took as a child, must have switched to Zoloft at some point. 

On 2/13/2022 at 8:41 AM, Clancy said:

Anyone there from Lyrica survivors? Say Hi if so!

Hi! 

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

19 hours ago, Clandy1984 said:

Hi Clancy. I'm from the LS fb page too. I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. I'm in the same place at the moment. It's tough for sure. I have to say I admire you massively at learning a new language. That's amazing, well done! This journey is all about finding tools and techniques that keep our minds and our bodies going. It's such a long road to recovery but taking an active part in that recovery is key. Keep going my friend 🤗

Hey Clandy 

Ooh we have similar screen names. Can I ask who you are from LS? I’m completely bloody lost  here. Are we allowed to use our first names? 

I don’t really know who is who here and it just dosent have the same friendly feel as the FB group does it?  I guess it’s just new at a time when my brain really wants familiarity. You just don’t know who you’re talking too now we all have to have aliases and…grumble grumble….lol.

Yeah it’s all a bit crap at the moment, grey overcast weather and the world situation seems grim, but I guess it’s been worse.

I long for the light and the warmth to return, I know I will feel better then.

xxxx

19 hours ago, LizaB said:

Hi, I’m from the group too. Nice to see you here.  I just sent you a message
-Liza 

Where do I find it🤔 I’m Lost in here! 😝

• Moderator Emeritus

@Clancy @Clandy1984

Please see this post:

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

HI! Me too! Catherine M B here. 

I'm Catherine M B from the FB Lyrica Survivors group: my Intro topic

I'm now off everything!! I'll simplify this since I've taken so many different things over the years and even switched them back and forth. Some overlapped like Gabapentin and Pregabalin. I'm surprised I'm not dead from it all and it was all prescribed!

Gabapentin 2007 - 2017 (1200mg) Not much taper since it was the first one and I didn't know how.

Cyclobenzaprine 2011 - 2017 

Clonazepam 2004 - 2/2/21 (2mg)  10 mth taper 

Pregabalin 2010 - 2/14/22 (300mg) 14 mth taper 

Propranolol 2004 - March 2022  (20mg) 

On 2/15/2022 at 9:19 AM, Clancy said:

Where do I find it🤔 I’m Lost in here! 😝

Sorry, I didn’t see this until now. To see messages, you should have gotten an email, but if not, there should be an envelope icon at the top right of your screen, depending on what device you are using. Click that and it will take you to your inbox. 

My Intro topic