Pre-existing health issues aggravated by withdrawal or just protracted withdrawal?

tsranga

Some background - 

Chronic health issues - 
Grinding teeth, SI joint issues, piriformis syndrome, IBS (mainly excessive burping, visceral sensitivity, difficulty clearing gas), left varicocele, hemmoroids

New (since I stopped mirtazapine in 2019)
 - heat/cold intolerance, cold extremities (only when gut is busy), vasomotor rhinitis, HR/BP spikes, anxiety, mood swings, hyperawareness, tactile sensitivity, sensory hypersensitivity, blurry vision, brain fog, spasms, adrenaline rushes, hot/red ears, frequent urination and BMs at night.

Symptoms predominantly on the left side.. 

Got diagnosed with a general vagus nerve "disorder" and advised more testing last year.. (tilt, qsart etc).

Over the past 3 months, I have been doing acupuncture and it's really helped calm down most of my symptoms. 

Current challenges are waking up early with gas/heavy gut along with anxiety and being unable to return to sleep.. and occasionally when falling asleep (reflux, adrenaline rushes, frequent peeing, multiple BMs).  IBS symptoms through the day mainly around clearing gas. 

I am wondering if it's worth checking out for pelvic congestion / venous insufficiency given that most of my symptoms occur when I am supine, and I have lost a lot of weight (45lbs)

Lastly, most of the time, my evenings are symptom free.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Chronic IBS since 1990

Former smoker (1992- Jun 2017)

Prescribed mirtazapine for sleep in Aug 2017 after IBS flare-up following Nicotine cessation.

Mirtazapine 7.5mg 8/17 to 5/18

Mirtazapine 3.75mg 5/18 to 1/19

Off Mirtazapine since 2/19.

Vit B, Vit D+K2 and Magnesium Glycinate as needed.

On Ayurvedic herbs for GI issues - Guduchi since Jul 2020, Indukantham since Oct 2020

On Ashwagandha 1g since Nov 2020

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy