SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Mary66

On 4/18/2022 at 11:47 AM, Altostrata said:

@Mary66 please post questions about your personal situation in this Introductions topic.

Why are you reducing Wellbutrin? Please stop reducing it.

Can you please tell me if there are any places in Minnesota that I can go to for awhile to get my mind better? My psych nurse wants me to go to inpatient here in our small hospital for 3 days with Olanzapine and it is filled with Meth addicts and suicide watchers…

Non functioning, mind is manic

-1994 Paxil 20 mg -2010 Paxil 40 mg

-November 2020 Wellbutrin xl 150

- April 2021 begin Paxil taper. Drop 5 mg every two weeks per psych :(

-April 2021 Wellbutrin xl 300 perpsych 

-March 2021 start Primidone, increase @ 2 wks to 50 am/pm for ET -

July 2021 final Paxil, Terrible WD

-October 2021 30# lost, terrible depression/anxiety, almost to ER

-January 2022, begin Wellbutrin xl 300 taper to 150 for 2 wks. Then 75 IR 2x/day for 2 wks, then 75 IR am/ 37.5 pm for 2, 18.75 Wellbutrin per psych

-February 3, started Effexor 37.5 stopped February 11, bed 3 days, hot throat

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey there Mary66, @Mary66

Sounds like you have a pretty disorganized thought process and confusion to the max right now.

You might try and get in, or take, a second dose of Wellbutrin IR (immediate release) tomorrow.

I see Go2zero had some ideas on Wednesday to suggest.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26571-mary66/?do=findComment&comment=588130

(just click on the underlined passage, or scroll on up to review)

If you are working with the 75 mg tablet, and find the cutting it into 1/3 pieces too difficult...... you could alternately go with your usual am/morning dose of 18.75 mg.  That must be a 1/4 of the 75 mg tablet.  And then........in the afternoon, I'd go with at least 6 hours later, you could take 1/2 of the quarter tab, or 1/8 tablet. 

It's rough cuts and not accurate or meant for long term usage but it IS something you might be able to pull off instead of going to treatment, or going on Seroquel.

And so then you get approximately 18.75 mg of your Wellbutrin IR per usual, plus another 9.37 mg dose later in the day, or just a little over 28 mg for a new daily dosage.  And that's pretty close to the 25 mg total daily dose that Go2zero recommended.  Also much safer to go slowly now with updosing........harm reduction if you will.

Tips for tapering off Wellbutrin(buproprion)

when your brain comes back, and it will........after reading the initial drug information, scroll way down until you get to the section on the IR form, or immediate release like you have.  And you are fortunate you are on that, as it allows for both a liquid preparation or weighing to get the non prescription doses.

Unfortunately, it does not look like you have tolerated your fast taper at all.

Best for us too, would be when you can........do your best with some Notes/daily drug and symptom logs.

Here's the link on those: 

Keep Notes on paper and then share on your Introduction, Daily Drug and Symptom Logs

And if this seems like massive chaotic confusion, do just like below.  Time on the left always.  Then ALL drugs by name and dose, and symptoms to the right of the times.  Keep it concise.  Describe symptoms rather than using psychiatric terms to the best of your ability.

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

Start with the times, and then just your drugs for tomorrow, if you will.  And then you can expand.  This will help us all a lot.

Once your thoughts get a bit more organized and you feel less panicky and confused.  We do really need to get you to more accurate measurement of your Wellbutrin IR.  You can go with the scale, or even easier go with a home made liquid.

And I don't know of any real good Withdrawal informed places where anyone can go in the U.S.  Is this the same Nurse Prescriber who "helped" you get off the Paxil.  And put you on the Primidone?? 

Just know that now is not likely to be a great time to try and convince anyone of all your new found wisdom.  I mean your brain works......it's just really disorganized right now........and confused.  Makes it a tough time to put thoughts to words very well.  And often neuroemotions are intense.  Makes the muggles or so called normies, especially the professional ones, kind of uncomfortable.

Then here is what we have got on doctors and therapist who may be a bit more WD(withdrawal) friendly than others.

Recommended doctors, therapists, and clinics

Don't get your hopes up(said sadly) on a respite outside of psychiatry.  Do get going with the Wellbutrin IR updose and NOTES. 

Use your imagination and imagine you are in the finest respite right at home.  We know how hard it is to stop everything for awhile and just focus on getting better.

And best.  Love, peace, healing, and growth,

moderator manymoretodays(mmt)

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

On 4/22/2022 at 10:37 PM, manymoretodays said:

Hey there Mary66, @Mary66

Sounds like you have a pretty disorganized thought process and confusion to the max right now.

You might try and get in, or take, a second dose of Wellbutrin IR (immediate release) tomorrow.

I see Go2zero had some ideas on Wednesday to suggest.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26571-mary66/?do=findComment&comment=588130

(just click on the underlined passage, or scroll on up to review)

If you are working with the 75 mg tablet, and find the cutting it into 1/3 pieces too difficult...... you could alternately go with your usual am/morning dose of 18.75 mg.  That must be a 1/4 of the 75 mg tablet.  And then........in the afternoon, I'd go with at least 6 hours later, you could take 1/2 of the quarter tab, or 1/8 tablet. 

It's rough cuts and not accurate or meant for long term usage but it IS something you might be able to pull off instead of going to treatment, or going on Seroquel.

And so then you get approximately 18.75 mg of your Wellbutrin IR per usual, plus another 9.37 mg dose later in the day, or just a little over 28 mg for a new daily dosage.  And that's pretty close to the 25 mg total daily dose that Go2zero recommended.  Also much safer to go slowly now with updosing........harm reduction if you will.

Tips for tapering off Wellbutrin(buproprion)

when your brain comes back, and it will........after reading the initial drug information, scroll way down until you get to the section on the IR form, or immediate release like you have.  And you are fortunate you are on that, as it allows for both a liquid preparation or weighing to get the non prescription doses.

Unfortunately, it does not look like you have tolerated your fast taper at all.

Best for us too, would be when you can........do your best with some Notes/daily drug and symptom logs.

Here's the link on those: 

Keep Notes on paper and then share on your Introduction, Daily Drug and Symptom Logs

And if this seems like massive chaotic confusion, do just like below.  Time on the left always.  Then ALL drugs by name and dose, and symptoms to the right of the times.  Keep it concise.  Describe symptoms rather than using psychiatric terms to the best of your ability.

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
6 p.m. Ate dinner

Start with the times, and then just your drugs for tomorrow, if you will.  And then you can expand.  This will help us all a lot.

Once your thoughts get a bit more organized and you feel less panicky and confused.  We do really need to get you to more accurate measurement of your Wellbutrin IR.  You can go with the scale, or even easier go with a home made liquid.

And I don't know of any real good Withdrawal informed places where anyone can go in the U.S.  Is this the same Nurse Prescriber who "helped" you get off the Paxil.  And put you on the Primidone?? 

Just know that now is not likely to be a great time to try and convince anyone of all your new found wisdom.  I mean your brain works......it's just really disorganized right now........and confused.  Makes it a tough time to put thoughts to words very well.  And often neuroemotions are intense.  Makes the muggles or so called normies, especially the professional ones, kind of uncomfortable.

Then here is what we have got on doctors and therapist who may be a bit more WD(withdrawal) friendly than others.

Recommended doctors, therapists, and clinics

Don't get your hopes up(said sadly) on a respite outside of psychiatry.  Do get going with the Wellbutrin IR updose and NOTES. 

Use your imagination and imagine you are in the finest respite right at home.  We know how hard it is to stop everything for awhile and just focus on getting better.

And best.  Love, peace, healing, and growth,

moderator manymoretodays(mmt)

Could adding back just a tiny bit of Paxil after 9 months and then slow taper help me?

wouldn’t my brain remember Paxil?

-January 2022, begin Wellbutrin xl 300 taper to 150 for 2 wks. Then 75 IR 2x/day for 2 wks, then 75 IR am/ 37.5 pm for 2, 18.75 Wellbutrin per psych

On 4/22/2022 at 4:42 PM, Mary66 said:

Can you please tell me if there are any places in Minnesota that I can go to for awhile to get my mind better? My psych nurse wants me to go to inpatient here in our small hospital for 3 days with Olanzapine and it is filled with Meth addicts and suicide watchers…

Non functioning, mind is manic

Wouldn’t my brain remember Paxil if I added back just a tiny bit and the did a slow taper?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mary66,

3 hours ago, Mary66 said:

Could adding back just a tiny bit of Paxil after 9 months and then slow taper help me?

wouldn’t my brain remember Paxil?

3 hours ago, Mary66 said:

Wouldn’t my brain remember Paxil if I added back just a tiny bit and the did a slow taper?

You passed the window of time for Paxil reinstatement quite awhile ago.  And I see where this has been asked and answered for you  more than 2 months ago.

On 2/13/2022 at 5:43 AM, Go2zero said:

If I read your first post well, you stopped Paxil completely in July 2021. That is too long ago to reinstate the drug at a very low dosage in my opinion. Reinstating a very low dosage may help in "treating" withdrawal symptoms sometimes. But that should be done not later dan 1-2 months after a full stop of a drug. Reinstating later is not without risks, so not recommendable. 

What have you done with your Wellbutrin? 

What are you taking now and when?

Include the Primidone please and any other drugs added or removed since you last posted.

Do answer right here on your topic.

From what I can see and read on your Introduction topic here, you've gone right ahead and kept cutting down Wellbutrin despite our suggestions to ease up and stop tapering that.  If you are still on the IR Wellbutrin that does require more than one dose a day and we wanted you to ease on back into that slowly and see how that was tolerated.

I hope you have had a few moments anyway of peace and comfort since last posting here.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

No peace.

Have not decreased Wellbutrin further.

afraid to do anything. Still 18.75 am 😔

• Moderator Emeritus

Well you are in Wellbutrin WD(withdrawal) now so it would sure make sense to try an updose with the Wellbutrin as soon as possible. 

And we've been trying to talk you into taking the Wellbutrin more than once a day, as that is how you need to do it with the IR or immediate release form. 

We also just want you to add in a little bit, as I outlined in my previous post first and then stay with it for at least 4 to 7 days before doing any further increases.

We'd like you to make observations while you do this.......start to do NOTES and then post them here too, as you are making this change.  I went over that above as well.

Can you try that?  Note the time on the left and everything else throughout the day to the right.  Especially note all drugs by name and dose.  And then be sure to note symptoms both before and after you've taken your drugs.  Note any good periods as well or anything you can do as far as non-drug coping.

You've got a better chance of at least some withdrawal stability with the Wellbutrin  than you would adding back Paxil or any other drug right now.

You noticed weeks ago feeling mentally worse since quick tapering the Wellbutrin and still kept going.  That just doesn't make sense Mary66.  You have to be patient and kind to yourself.   And try something.

Sending healing hopes and vibes.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone there?

so much to tell…inpatient, more meds🥺

so much has happened, I don’t know how to add to my list of meds

i need help badly to figure out what to do asap 

inpatient and psych new meds since may 3

ativan .25 three times/day

Ambien 10

paxil 10

Pretty desperate at the end of April.

but I could still walk 1 1/2 miles, drive to grocery store.

I saw an endocrinologist April 26 about my higher A1c and she said she often gives low doses of Celexa to help menopausal women and thought the small bit of serotonin might help me. In my out of control and desperate mind I agreed. By the 2nd day my legs were out of control, dark dark thoughts and my mind worse, despair, couldn’t function. What was I thinking for gods sake???? 😣

May 2 inpatient. Med wash 5 days for Celexa and Wellbutrin. An awful place to be in my small town of 10,000. Put on Ativan 1.5 three/day and ambien 10. I didn’t question it….every day with psych. He felt I should go back on Paxil since it worked for me for so many years. After so much brain activity and desperation I said ok.

He wanted to get me up to 30 asap, so May 6, Friday night 5 mgs, Saturday 10 mgs, Sunday 15 mgs (could hardly get out of bed) then home Monday on 15 mgs. I was to increase 5 mgs every week and take the Ativan to help with side effects.

Monday home,  I couldn’t manage my meds, my mind wasn’t functioning, and each day got worse. Wednesday my thoughts were dark, morbid, death, despair, horror, fear….something is wrong! This has to be an adverse effect, these are not the normal side effects!

balance off, can’t eat, trembling. 
psych nurse may 17, says push through but agreed not to increase dose, wanted to drop Ativan to .25 cuz I felt so medicated. Not functioning. Vision changes, Akathesia by the 19th, then internal vibrations, feels like every fiber is electric in arms, shoulders, legs and feet. 

Lots of calls to psych nurse, wanted me to increase Ativan. Did for one day.

psych nurse the 26th, drop pax to 10

mind worsening, can’t  fix food, walk the block, she thought back inpatient on Olanzapine, psych said no but I could go back in.

after many messages psych said follow the “plan” . 
so much concern about Ativan and ambien dependence and I’m 66 years old. They said maybe I should go inpatient in Duluth or mpls for Med mgmt. f-ck!  
they never told me side effects about them or how long or anything. Now I’m so freaked out about getting off them and so scare. 
i am a bit better…..I wake up hourly now, but bed is the only place I feel comfortable and my body is calm. Everything is too stimulating, sounds, voices, smells. Can’t even go for a drive.

my husband made charts for my meds that I tak 8x/day and has to be with me to make sure I do it right, my cognition is a mess. Last night I took Ativan at 2:30 am instead of ambien :(

there is no way I can figure out the math for tapering,, my husband will have to do it.

I think the ambien needs to go first.

as of today I’ve been on ambien and Ativan for 28 days and Paxil for 24.

hoping I can just cut tablets?

what should I do?

it’s spring and I can’t even think about flowers or watch the birds, I always had a beautiful yard and garden.

I am so sad, angry, scared

On 4/30/2022 at 5:38 PM, manymoretodays said:

Hi Mary66,

You passed the window of time for Paxil reinstatement quite awhile ago.  And I see where this has been asked and answered for you  more than 2 months ago.

What have you done with your Wellbutrin? 

What are you taking now and when?

Include the Primidone please and any other drugs added or removed since you last posted.

Do answer right here on your topic.

From what I can see and read on your Introduction topic here, you've gone right ahead and kept cutting down Wellbutrin despite our suggestions to ease up and stop tapering that.  If you are still on the IR Wellbutrin that does require more than one dose a day and we wanted you to ease on back into that slowly and see how that was tolerated.

I hope you have had a few moments anyway of peace and comfort since last posting here.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Please read my newest post.

I screwed up and now worse than b4

• Moderator Emeritus

Please provide daily symptoms notes;  without them it will be difficult to know what might be happening.

We need to see daily symptoms notes for at least the next 3 days following the example shown in blue at the bottom of this post.  This is what and why the notes have been requested:

On 9/28/2016 at 4:49 AM, Altostrata said:

Keep notes on paper about your daily symptom pattern and drug dosing

Are your symptoms worse at any particular times of day? A symptom pattern that occurs regularly over several days could mean the symptoms are from withdrawal, other adverse effects of drugs, or something else you do on a daily schedule.

In the course of discussion in your Introductions forum topic, you may be asked to keep notes on paper of your daily symptom pattern, including when you take your drugs, their dosages, and any symptoms. We ask this because there may be something we can do to reduce the symptoms.

What we need to see for every single day over several days is what symptoms you get before and after you take your drugs. If you're not taking any drugs and have withdrawal symptoms, we still need to see your symptom pattern throughout the day:

The time of day, dosage, and severity of symptoms are essential information. Include

- Time and dosage for all drugs taken throughout the day, psychiatric and non-psychiatric.

- Following each dose, note any symptoms. If you are having a reaction to the drug, it may take hours for a symptom to show up -- that's why we ask you to keep notes all day long.

- If you're not taking any drugs, your symptoms throughout the day.

- Your sleep pattern. Since so many drugs disturb sleep, if you find you're waking in the middle of the night, it could be from a drug you took earlier in the evening. If you're not taking any drugs, there may be ways you can improve your sleep.

Expand  

DATE:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
6 p.m. Ate dinner

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

I have read back through previous posts made by Altostrata, SA's founder.  The following quoted post is why I am asking this question:

Q:  Are you still taking Primidone?  If yes have you changed the dose?  If yes, please list the doses and the dates you started taking that dose.

We need to know what is happening/has happened regarding the Primidone.  Thank you.

On 2/15/2022 at 11:01 AM, Altostrata said:

You need to talk to your prescribers about adjusting the Primidone. Your situation is complex and we its not our place to interfere with your treatment for tremor. 

We can address tapering Wellbutrin or Effexor, but you need to get the Primidone settled first.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

13 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I have read back through previous posts made by Altostrata, SA's founder.  The following quoted post is why I am asking this question:

Q:  Are you still taking Primidone?  If yes have you changed the dose?  If yes, please list the doses and the dates you started taking that dose.

We need to know what is happening/has happened regarding the Primidone.  Thank you.

I sorry but I don’t think changing Primidone at this time is right for me.

march 2021 started Primidone 25 pm for 2 weeks. Then added 25 am for two weeks. Then 50 pm for two weeks, then 50 am for two weeks.

So I’ve been on 50 am/50 pm since may 2021.

My WD from Paxil from from 5 ruined me last fall. Kept hoping I’d pull thru.  But kept getting worse mentally. My immediate concern are these three new drugs in the past month.

as for the schedule, I do not notice a difference before or after taking anything, except the ambien. 
Just continuously agitated, tremulous, shaky, need help with meds, can’t be alone, fear, despair, head tingling, left side continued parenthesis. 
can only lay down, or listen to guided meditations, bible things now

i did not have these b4 he started Paxil again. Seeing psych nurse again today….I don’t think she knows what to do

• Moderator Emeritus

I suggest that you go back to the beginning of your Introduction topic and carefully read all the posts which Altostrata, SA's founder, made.

Your situation was very complex when you joined SA.  It appears that you have not discussed the possibility of adverse reaction/s to Primidone with your doctor which Alto suggested that you do.  Since then you have started new drugs which makes your situation even more complex than it was in the beginning.  Alto wrote on Page 1 of this topic:

On 2/15/2022 at 11:01 AM, Altostrata said:

You need to talk to your prescribers about adjusting the Primidone. Your situation is complex and we its not our place to interfere with your treatment for tremor. 

On 2/15/2022 at 9:18 AM, Altostrata said:

You need to pursue possible drug adverse effects with your doctors. If I were you, I'd question them closely before accepting any prescribed psychotropic, and force them to review potential drug interactions. This is why you're paying them the big bucks. They're supposed to do this, it's their job, not ours. 

I have gone back and reviewed the posts and responses made on Page 1 of your Intro topic.  Because there were multiple changes made close to the time that you started Primidone it is very difficult to know what is causing the symptoms you reported at that time.  This is why Altostrata advised you to speak to your doctor about possible adverse reactions from Primidone.

On 3/28/2022 at 6:27 AM, Altostrata said:

Have you looked at adverse effects of Primidone barbiturate? Do you have any of them?

I do not know if you answered Alto's question asked in the above quote about your symptoms.

From  https://www.drugs.com/pro/primidone.html 

Call a healthcare provider right away if you have any of these symptoms, especially if they are new, worse, or worry you:

• thoughts about suicide or dying
  • attempts to commit suicide
  • new or worse depression
  • new or worse anxiety
  • feeling agitated or restless
  • panic attacks
  • trouble sleeping (insomnia)
  • new or worse irritability
  • acting aggressive, being angry, or violent
  • acting on dangerous impulses
  • an extreme increase in activity and talking (mania)
  • other unusual changes in behavior or mood

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear god, I’m in deep.

I tried to add to my signature but it won’t let me….will copy and paste here. My desperate mind did some stupid things.

Re:Primidone, I didn’t realize that many of my Paxil tapering and WD symptoms were similar to Primidone side effects…the addition and taper was at the same time. I now see that my agreeing to be on Primidone was lack of knowledge. At that time I was still following drs orders without question. He should’ve told the pros/cons, etc especially that I’m 66, have osteoporosis and was depressed and anxious. I can’t go back. And NOw reading about tapering Primidone makes me sick 

all these drugs are killing me and I don’t know if I can make it.

I have to get off the benzo and ambien first then tackle the Primidone I think.

pkease see the bottom about Hydroxyzine…..she keeps telling me to trust her 

-April have stayed on 18.75 Wellbutrin 1x/day for 4 weeks, declining 

afraid to re up

-April 26 Celexa 2.5 per endocrinologist  suggestion-STUPID, Akathesia, suicidal ideation, decline rapidly , non functioning, so agitated 

-may3-6 inpatient, did 5 day Med wash for Celexa and Wellbutrin. Put me on ambien 5 + 5 and Ativan .5 4/day didn’t question:(

-may 6 psyc says try pax again 5 mg, next day 10, next day 15 then home

-may 9-13 TERRIBLE side effects, Akathesia, dark thoughts, feel drugged, psyc nurse says push thru

Dropped Ativan to .25 three x/day. Every fiber elec in body, despair dread

legs shaking, arms vibrating inside

-may 26 per psych nurse agreed to bad reaction. drop pax to 10 for 1 week, then 7.5 one week,  5 for one week then 2.5 for one week then done. I started 5 on June 9. So was on pax one month til started decrease

-June 11…Ativan and ambien SIX weeks. When pax is done she wants me to take Hydroxyzine alternating with Ativan to taper ??????

them ambien?

Im so scared.

Please share with all admins….thx

dammit, I went from Primidone and Wellbutrin to now Primidone and 3 more. Cog decline increasing, agitation, have to have a chart as I take meds 8 x/day and need my husband to do it with me.

ocd started with these new meds, afraid to be alone, I can’t go anywhere Or talk to anyone. Ideations are better but I don’t t know if I can live like this.

• Administrator

Hello, @Mary66 

You are not getting good care from this psych nurse. Try as we might, peer support cannot assist you if you keep following instructions from an incompetent prescriber.

Strongly recommend you find a good doctor as soon as possible.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 7 months later...

I’m down to .125 mg of Ativan.

1/4 of a .5 tablet once/day.

Can’t cut it further.

confused with liquid suspension from pharmacy and equivalents to ml.

too shakey to weigh…

• Moderator Emeritus

1) Are you on any other drugs currently besides Ativan?  

2) How long have you been on the 0.125 mg of Ativan?  

3) What has your Ativan taper been like?  Please show more details about your past tapering of Ativan, such as doses, and specific dates.  Thank you.  Put this info in your signature.  (Click on your name in the upper right corner, click account settings, click signature, type in in the box, and be sure and click save). 

4) You will need to ask your pharmacist how many milligrams (mg) of Ativan is in 1 milliliter (ml) of the liquid, and we can take it from there.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• Moderator Emeritus
16 minutes ago, Mary66 said:

too shakey to weigh…

Is the shakiness from withdrawal, or from something else? 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

Thank you for responding. I’ve had a year from hell. Currently on Prozac 50 for extreme ocd after poly drugged in may, then tapered then mold in home and in me. Wanted off. After a paradoxical reaction to Frieda they put me on ambien, Ativan and Paxil again which was terrible. They did not tell me anything about the benzo and I didn’t realize not to be in it more than two weeks.

was taking 1/2 of a .5 three x/day

Then quartered the morning rise for two weeks, then the aft, then the pm.

then stopped the afternoon. Then the evening.

tried cutting the 1/4 in 1/2 but always crumbles. Shakey from stress, brain fog, panic/fear being in my home and afraid to touch anything.

asked for liquid and everyone has different calculations for .125 and I do not understand decimals or how to dilute such a small amount. Can I just keep taking tiny bits and then jump?

Hoping to attach…how can I attach a photo? Bottle says 2 mg/ml

my husbands math says .125 mg equals .0625 ml.

there is no way I can get that in an eye dropper or syringe?!?!? I’m scared

• Moderator Emeritus

Please update your signature with the drug history you describe in your post, which I'm having a hard time following.  What is Frieda?  Is that a typo?  Only list drug names, dosages, and dates, for each and every dose and drug change.  Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen, click "account settings", then "signature", type it in the box, then click "save".  

Please just tell us how many mg of Ativan are in 1 ml of the liquid.  

This website can help with getting off benzos: 

http://www.benzobuddies.org

Edited by getofflex

It says I’ve used the limit for my signature 😕

2mg/ml on bottle

how can I remove the old attachments?

my mental health is declining daily.

was a grant writer/teacher/artist and now I can’t even fill out a form 😣

• Moderator Emeritus

For now, just make a very simple sequential list of only the drug name, dose, and dates.  See my signature for an example. Just list it in a post.  

My lady  CB post was last winter tapering off Wellbutrin , it did not go well.

April 2022 accepted celexa, ended up with akathesia, suicidal ideation, horrible horrible, had to go inpatient. They put me in ambien and Ativan. Med washed celexa and Wellbutrin that week. Then convinced me to try Paxil again. I succumbed. Raised it by 5 every day….again at home it was bad bad bad. I kept telling them it was a reaction, finally let me taper quickly so was on it 2 months. 
then read about the others….tapered ambien, then primidone the started Ativan taper in October.

in the meantime, I had to go to a hotel for 3 months because of the mold. Tan out if $ and had to come home 4 weeks ago, paralyzed with fear. I even went to outpt hospital for ocd for 3 weeks. My brain is not working. I think all those psych drugs really messed me up. Seeing a psych, therapist, integrative dr, neurologist.  Started Prozac in October at 5 with slow ramp.

had protested for so long but non functional and praying it helps my ocd.

Just want off this Ativan.

with terrible WD from Paxil I want to do it right but it’s too complicated.

• Administrator

Hello, @Mary66

Please stop making any drug changes for the time being.

Help us understand. Please list your drug changes since April 2022 like this:

April xx Started ??mg Celexa

April xx Hospitalized, went off ??mg Celexa and ??mg Wellbutrin

April xx Started ??mg Paxil, ??mg Ambien, and ??mg Ativan

....and so forth

Exactly what drugs are you taking now, at what times o'clock, with dosages for each?

Has your mold situation been resolved?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.