FionaM: my introduction - transferring from surviving Lyrica FB group

FionaM

Hi all !

I am transferring from the surviving Lyrica group so still finding my way around on this site.

I started taking pregablin on a low dose of 50mg daily then upped to 100mg to manage fibro pain for 2 months December 2020 -February 2021 before I realised that my body could not tolerate the drug… and began to taper off .. but I needed help and could not manage the pain so stuck at 50mg and slowly began a low taper after finding the support group on FB. I should have been off of this drug ages ago but was struggling with managing the fibro and IBS as well as a bereavement and stressed at work.

I took time off and focussed on my health and well being.

I restarted my taper and am on 30.6 mg daily.

Hoping to get off of this drug this year as   I take a small amount of cocodamol and vape CBD oil which helps but can only decrease by 0.2 mg every week/ fortnight as can’t stand the pain/ withdrawals. 
I would love to hear from you guys for your experiences and helpful advice.

thanking you all in advance

Fiona

FionaM:  my Intro topic

Pregablin was 100mg daily now 30.2mg😌once a day.

Tapering micro dose 0.2mg once or twice a week as can’t stand pain or the tinitus ! 
I need to increase my taper to a minimum of 5% a week otherwise I will be on this drug forever. If anyone has any hints and tips on how to manage the pain whilst tapering that would be awesome !

co-codamol 30/500mg

Thank you for reading my signature ! 😀

• ChessieCat changed the title to Fiona: my introduction - transferring from surviving Lyrica FB group

@Fiona

Welcome to SA.

I'm sure all the other's that have come from the facebook page and @MerryJayneFriday will be along soon to welcome you also.

Thank you for your introduction page and creating a signature.

If we can help in anyway, please don't hesitate to reach out.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hey Fiona and welcome. I'll try to hop on here later and give you some tips. For now welcome aboard glad you are here!

MJF

MerryJayneFriday

Polydrugged for many years after dx of Failed Back surgery.   Tapered from Lyrica from 2016 to 2020

Quit 10 mg oxycontin Sept 2021

currently taking 5mg oxycodone every 4 to 5 hours

On 2/13/2022 at 4:01 AM, Fiona said:

Hi all !

I am transferring from the surviving Lyrica group so still finding my way around on this site.

I started taking pregablin on a low dose of 50mg daily then upped to 100mg to manage fibro pain for 2 months December 2020 -February 2021 before I realised that my body could not tolerate the drug… and began to taper off .. but I needed help and could not manage the pain so stuck at 50mg and slowly began a low taper after finding the support group on FB. I should have been off of this drug ages ago but was struggling with managing the fibro and IBS as well as a bereavement and stressed at work.

I took time off and focussed on my health and well being.

I restarted my taper and am on 30.6 mg daily.

Hoping to get off of this drug this year as   I take a small amount of cocodamol and vape CBD oil which helps but can only decrease by 0.2 mg every week/ fortnight as can’t stand the pain/ withdrawals. 
I would love to hear from you guys for your experiences and helpful advice.

thanking you all in advance

Fiona

@Fiona hi, I am also from the Lyrica group. Can I ask you what cocodamol is? 

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

currently taking 85mg of Lyrica. 

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety 
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

Zoloft- took as an adolescent and into my 20s. Went off of it in my early 20s. 
Buspar- Took as a child, must have switched to Zoloft at some point. 

Co codamol is 500 mg paracetamol with either 8/15/30 of codeine added. 
I have only come across the 8/500 in the uk and it can be bought. Stronger dose may be available through a doctor but the NICE guidelines are not to prescribe it now.  They recommend using antidepressants instead for pain. Madness in my view.  
Care required if using paracetamol already of course! 
I use about twenty a year and only for dire pain.  
It is habit forming of course and sedating.  
I am not qualified to give medical advice. 

My Intro topic.  Was Dickie in FB gabapentinoids 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

2020 June Stopped Pregabalin 150 at night using Ashton Method Some holds. 

2021 December Stopped Mirtazipine 15 using Ashton Method. (Slower at end). 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Oxazepam 10mg.STOPPED 10th FEB 2022  “Rescue dose x 2 in 2 months. 

Buccastem 3mg less than 1 a month for nausea. 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

16 hours ago, MerryJayneFriday said:

Hey Fiona and welcome. I'll try to hop on here later and give you some tips. For now welcome aboard glad you are here!

MJF

Thank you MJF x

FionaM:  my Intro topic

Pregablin was 100mg daily now 30.2mg😌once a day.

Tapering micro dose 0.2mg once or twice a week as can’t stand pain or the tinitus ! 
I need to increase my taper to a minimum of 5% a week otherwise I will be on this drug forever. If anyone has any hints and tips on how to manage the pain whilst tapering that would be awesome !

co-codamol 30/500mg

Thank you for reading my signature ! 😀

• ChessieCat changed the title to FionaM: my introduction - transferring from surviving Lyrica FB group