Hawkins: Researcher and taking meds for nerve pain

Hawkins

I have been a member since 2019 . I was put on amitriptyline for nerve pain and clonazapine for sleep caused by the pain . After 4 years the amitriptyline caused severe dystonia and I was tapered off amitriptyline( but not slow enough) and yanked off clonazepam to be placed on Valium for ticks of dystonia .

The result of withdrawing of antidepressants,  crashing off of clonazepam and introduced to Valium almost aused me to died. I had every sever reaction to every drug at once . I could not eat because of nausea and went down to 103 lbs and lost all muscle control n could not walk or use tongue to speak. And yet the doctors had no idea it was the meds and kept giving me more ...it was hell on earth.

I am now back looking for posts on remeron which they are giving my mom w on set dementia and it's making her worse.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed member name/ added spacing
  • Hawkins changed the title to Researcher and taking meds for nerve pain
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Hawkins: Researcher and taking meds for nerve pain
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Hawkins

You can find posts from members taking mirtazapine by using site search in this form.

You may be interested in Tips for tapering off mirtazapine (Remeron)

It's difficult to counsel third parties, you'll probably have to convince your mother's doctors to slowly reduce her dosage.

How are you feeling now? How did you stabilize after your drug mishaps?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.