SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

SurvivingInjustice: Lyrica / pregabalin

SurvivingInjustice

On 2/22/2022 at 4:43 AM, OldDodgy said:

@SurvivingInjustice

I know you had valuable support with your pain relief in the other place. 

As you know I am in a lot of pain and my doc wants me back on ADs for it which I declined. 
I found entering Pain in the search bar quite helpful. We aren’t the only ones in trouble. ! There are some helpful posts in there. 
OD 

I do understand that there is some valuable info and help here,I do but atm I’m so disoriented that I can’t find any help. I’m also very very emotionally sensitive and I know nobody means to be offensive but I take it so wrong and then I’m that much deeper in that black hole. I don’t mean at all to leave permanently but I tried to drop on my dosage 2 wks ago and the pain is so horrific that I couldn’t do it,so I was on 50’mg 2xday of Preg then I tried to stop to 25mg 3xday but couldn’t do it and even tho I’m taking 25mg 4xday I’m now on top of the pain and waiting to stabilize in now in withdrawal like symptoms stil from trying to drop and that dreaded death warmed over feeling is back. So I’m just gona sit and stabilize then drop one of my dosage. I wished I knew what vitamins or natural supplements I could use with the meds I’m on but I get so confused when I try to find sumin to help with the nerve pain that I just give up,especially early on in my dosage drop.  But anyways I’m sure Iv talked your ear off. I so appreciate your care and concern I truelly do. Thank you so much for your kind words. Gabanoids

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, SurvivingInjustice said:

I was on 50’mg 2xday of Preg then I tried to stop to 25mg 3xday

If you make an Introduction topic for yourself staff can provide you with assistance there.

100mg to 75mg is a 25% reduction.  SA's recommended taper rate is no more than 10% of current dose followed by a hold of at least 4 weeks to allow the brain to adapt to not getting as much of the drug.

Post #1 of this topic explains how to get non standard doses.  It is possible to make your own liquid.

tips-for-tapering-pregabalin-lyrica

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@SurvivingInjustice

Hi 

you have not done a signature that I can see, and that would be useful -) 

Having gone back to 100 a day after your 25% drop I guess you need to stabilise. 

Below 100 and certainly below 50 many of us had to go at 5% or less.  

Rushing these things is counterproductive.  

I note that you want to take supplements but I cannot comment on these. Similarly we used to recommend a full blood screen if running into problems with withdrawal. 

Although the FB group is halted I believe you can still access files. 

Personally I take iron, b12,VitD, Omega3, folate and zinc BUT you must do your own research on anything you take. 

I can only comment from my journey and cannot advise you per se. 

Yours 

OldDodgy 

My Intro topic.  Was Dickie in FB gabapentinoids 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

2020 June Stopped Pregabalin 150 at night using Ashton Method Some holds. 

2021 December Stopped Mirtazipine 15 using Ashton Method. (Slower at end). 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Oxazepam 10mg.STOPPED 10th FEB 2022  “Rescue dose x 2 in 2 months. 

Buccastem 3mg less than 1 a month for nausea. 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

• Moderator Emeritus
11 hours ago, OldDodgy said:

you have not done a signature that I can see, and that would be useful -) 

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

The link goes straight to where you create / edit your drug signature.  Remember to click Save after you have typed / edited it:

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

@SurvivingInjustice

Hi there 

Just checking that you had a reasonless night.

Post or message me if you feel I can help. 
Yours 

OldDodgy 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

Feel free to message me anytime…I’m from the old group.

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

currently taking 85mg of Lyrica. 

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety 
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

Zoloft- took as an adolescent and into my 20s. Went off of it in my early 20s. 
Buspar- Took as a child, must have switched to Zoloft at some point. 

On 2/25/2022 at 4:57 AM, ChessieCat said:

If you make an Introduction topic for yourself staff can provide you with assistance there.

100mg to 75mg is a 25% reduction.  SA's recommended taper rate is no more than 10% of current dose followed by a hold of at least 4 weeks to allow the brain to adapt to not getting as much of the drug.

Post #1 of this topic explains how to get non standard doses.  It is possible to make your own liquid.

Thank you. I’m hanging out at the 25mg 4xday,I was trying to stay at least 25 or 50 mg ahead of what I’m prescribed just in case. But I’m doing ok. And will have to drop on 25mg doses Bc I can’t do the water titrating Bc I have no lining in my stomach so it causes a lot of stomach aches,neausea and just sickness on top of every withdrawal out there but anyways I’m fixen to now that my brain (at least for today)is stable enough to read up on some supplements. Any good prebiotic,probiotics etc. for stomach issues.  Anyways I thank you all for the concern,it’s very appreciated. JA

On 2/25/2022 at 4:57 AM, ChessieCat said:

I will try to find where I’m suppose to make the introduction topic and go from there. Thank you 

@SurvivingInjustice

Hi.  
I am worried about your plan to reduce at 25% because capsules seem the only way.  I could be very uncomfortable. 
can you think of a way of say dissolving a 25 in just 2.5 of water and losing ten percent. ?
Then the rest is such a small volume you could mix it in something you find palatable?  (Always take the liquid with food of course) 

I am concerned and hope you can find a way. 
best wishes 

OldDodgy 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, SurvivingInjustice said:

I will try to find where I’m suppose to make the introduction topic and go from there. Thank you 

I created your Introduction topic for you and the post quoted above was made by you here in Introduction topic. 

3 minutes ago, OldDodgy said:

can you think of a way of say dissolving a 25 in just 2.5 of water and losing ten percent. ?

The instructions about how to get non standard doses is in Post #1 of this topic explains how to get non standard doses.  It is possible to make your own liquid.  Instructions are given at the bottom of Post #1:

@ChessieCat

Thanks for the help there 

OldDodgy 

Thank you @OldDodgy I appreciate your sincere concern. I hope by the time I’m able to drop any at all that my stomach will be in a good way so I can use the water titration. It’s just very hard on my stomach 3 or 4 times a day. But we’ll see,I’ll keep you updated  as I go along. 

@ChessieCatyes I’m very aware of the water titrating method. Thanks a bunch. 
So is my signature,and medical history in the right place and all Bc if not can you put this there?

iv been polydrugged with AD since 1985. A few antipsychotic,if that is mood stabilizer. Tried to stay away as much as possible due to my mom being used as a Guinea pig for the state,all my life.In 2008 I stopped all Sertraline,trazodone after many yrs of use. I think I lowered a lil bit of course still ct. til 2011 im thinking. Then bK on Sertraline 100mg nightly 
lisinopril. 5mg 

levothyroxin 85mcg 

atorvastatin 

Cytomel generic (T4)5mg day

pregabalin (17 yrs,3 titrating down,highest dose 600mg,at start of titrating was at 400mg,currently at 25mg 4 times daily. 
diazepam 2.5 a day as needed)no more than twice daily Bc it often works reverse. 

vitamin D 10,000 once weekly

Vyvanse 30mg

• Moderator Emeritus

The drug signature is details of drugs, doses and dates (for when you changed the dose) for the last 2 years and just a summary of anything older.  We don't need lots of words and explanations  We need to be able to see your drug history at a glance without having to read through it.

Click on this link which will take you straight to where you create your drug signature.  Type the information in the text box and then click Save.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

My introduction from LS fb group.

53 F,

Poly drugged since about 1985, On/off,switched between AD and mood stabilizers,to benzos til 2000.

Stayed on sertraline/trazodone til 2008,stopped pretty much ct. 2010/11 started bK sertraline. Been on opioids 22yrs,different ones,different strengths.

Meds. Pregabalin 25mg4xday(6am,noon,6pm,12am)

Oxycodone 10/325 4xday or Hydocodone 10/325 4xday

humolog insulin

linsinopril 5mg (1@am)

levothyroxin 88mcg (1@am)

atorvastaton (update later)

cytomel 5mg (1@noon)

sertraline 100mg (1@pm)

Vitamin D3 (will update dosage)

(Only as needed) diazepam 2.5

(allowed 5mg 3xday)

vyvanse 30mg (very seldom since started titrating Bc of overstimulation)

Have available every benzo of course if needed,also requip for rls but fearful to take.

Automobile accident 1985,caused severe whiplash. I suffer complete spinal stenosis from top to bottom.

Arthritis shoulders,arms,hands/fingers,knees and pelvis.

CKD (stage 2b)

diabetes 2

hashimotos(thyroid doesn’t work anymore,supposed to have removed but scared of anesthesia side effects.

IBS (c&d)

Migraines Occipital neuropathy (started after having a occipital nerve block)

fibromyalgia

cervical and lumbar pinched nerves

Im sure there’s more.

2010/11 started bK sertraline. Been on opioids 22yrs,different ones,different strengths.

Meds. Pregabalin 25mg4xday(6am,noon,6pm,12am)

Oxycodone 10/325 4xday or Hydocodone 10/325 4xday

humolog insulin

linsinopril 5mg (1@am)

levothyroxin 88mcg (1@am)

atorvastaton (update later)

cytomel 5mg (1@noon)

sertraline 100mg (1@pm)

Vitamin D3 (will update dosage)

(Only as needed) diazepam 2.5

(allowed 5mg 3xday)

vyvanse 30mg (very seldom since started titrating Bc of overstimulation)

I hope I got that all right.

(please know this is my experience only,my advice is only from care,concern and my experience only)

I’m just a nobody tryin to tell everybody about somebody that brought me through everything he brought me to! My king Jesus!😇 

If I could tell you anything important in this life,it would be to “Get Ready!”

#Lifelongmeds

Edited by ChessieCat
added Intro topic title before merging with intro topic

Need a good reputable probiotic for ibs-c gut health

My husband wants to start on a pre pro and post biotic and I’m aware we are all different,but being sensitive to everything now,I’m thinking I need something that he may not need. I don’t know,Iv researched and read til I’m mind bogged down. Can anyone suggest or recommend a prebiotic for at least me? I have ibs with constipation and I need to get my gut in good health throughout the summer to drop my dose again when school starts back in Aug.  any advice or experiences (good or bad) with any prebiotic would be healthful too. Thank you all. 

Edited by ChessieCat
added Intro topic title before merging with intro topic
  • Moderator Emeritus

This is the link to SA's topic:

probiotics-and-gut-health

• 2 weeks later...

Dreams that are so real that I have conversations during the day that I argue about saying sumin that I dreamed. Just wanted to see if this is part of withdrawals bc some of the dreams are pretty horrid. Anybody else experienced the same or similar effects?  Ty

4 hours ago, SurvivingInjustice said:

Dreams that are so real that I have conversations during the day that I argue about saying sumin that I dreamed. Just wanted to see if this is part of withdrawals bc some of the dreams are pretty horrid. Anybody else experienced the same or similar effects?  Ty

Hi SurvivingInjustice.  I have moved your post here back into your intro thread.

If you use the site search here, you can find a lot of conversation on many things you will likely want to talk about already underway.  E.g

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

• Moderator Emeritus
8 minutes ago, hayduke said:

If you use the site search here

The SA search function does not always find things.  I like to use a search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.