tulipp: Need Help

tulipp

I took 6 months of Lexapro 20mg in 2020. I had a very bad and violent reaction while taking it but the doctor told me to continue and it will pass. It made me quit for 3 months then jump 5mg.
Right in the WD, I didn't know what it was and what happened after I jumped.
Therefore, completely helpless in the face of the situation and not knowing what was going on, the doctor gave me mirtazapine to deal with insomnia and withdrawal. Only it was even worse, so I quit in 2 weeks. Since February 2021 I have been living the hell of withdrawal.

My worst probleme is my feeling for my husband.  it's not the same anymore.. i can't feel love for him and yet before the drugs i didn't have this problem. My thoughts are horrible.. tell me it will come back..  I have thoughts that I never had in my life.. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to tulipp: Need Help

@tulipp

I'm so sorry you are going through this. But it is just withdrawal, remember that.

Unfortunately, dr.'s don't always know how to taper you properly off these medications, and member, such as you, end up like this.

First, could you please create a signature. Here is a link on how to do it.

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

You said you took Lexapro for 6 months in 2020? Then stopped at 5 mg? 

Then when did you start and stop Mirtazapine? And what dose were you on? No wonder you are in withdrawal. Stopping it in 2 weeks.

I'm going to give you some information on how to taper properly.

Tips for tapering off mirtazapine (Remeron)

Tips for tapering off escitalopram (Lexapro)

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal Symptoms

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

It is perfectly normal to have feelings that you are feeling. And yes, overtime, you will feel normal again.

You could try a little magnesium and omega. They are soothing to the nervous system. But only try one at a time, and wait a few days before trying the other.

Magnesium

Omega-3 Fish Oil

After reading all of this, and I'm sorry I gave you so much, please reach out to us with any questions and how we can help you.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Thank you. 

Yes :

Lexapro 20mg : Mars 2020 - Aout 2020 : réduction jusqu'à 25 octobre 2020 : jump at 5mg

Mirtazapine 15mg : 14 december 2020 - 17 janvier : réduction jusqu'au 5 février 2021 : jump 3,75 mg (7,5mg puis divisé en 2)

retrait sévère depuis 1an .. j'ai des jours meilleurs mais toujours pas normale

@tulipp

Thank you for creating a signature, however, can you please post this at the bottom of your page and in English. Here are the instructions once again.

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

Thank you.

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

• 1 month later...

How long approximately to regain my normal feelings? it's so unpleasant and at the same time so real.. but it's not me.. Im affraid that never come back

Edited by ChessieCat
reformatted translated text

Hey Frogie, 

How long approximately to regain my love feeling ? it come back as before ? Im so affraid, the throught are not me, and my feeling too..

my brain is not my brain … 1 years WD (CT) 

@Frogie

Edited by ChessieCat
Resized font

@tulipp

I moved this question to your introduction page. Please only post your questions here as if you start multiple pages, your information will not be in one place for all the moderators to see.

I wish I could tell you how long this will last, but I can't. I can give you some information to read about it. 

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction PSSD

• ChessieCat changed the title to tulipp: Need Help
  • 1 month later...

Pregnancy in Withdrawal (15 months off)

Hello, still in acute period of mirtazapine withdrawal (after 1 month of use and CT) I got pregnant 12 months later. still in the terrible symptoms .. does the childbirth risk to make things worse? the epidural? postpartum? will it get worse? thank you for your feedback. Is the baby safe ?

Edited by ChessieCat
reformatted translated text/added topic title before merging with intro
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 5/6/2022 at 4:54 AM, tulipp said:

Pregnancy in Withdrawal (15 months off)

Hello, still in acute period of mirtazapine withdrawal (after 1 month of use and CT) I got pregnant 12 months later. still in the terrible symptoms .. does the childbirth risk to make things worse? the epidural? postpartum? will it get worse? thank you for your feedback. Is the baby safe ?

antidepressants-withdrawal-during-pregnancy

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management