Christina2: Seroquel, Paxil, Mirtazapine

Christina2

Hello everyone,

I am new on this site and I am not quite sure about how to behave and/or use this site the right way.

Please apologize for any mistakes I will do, because I am not a native speaker. I live in Germany.

I am at a very bad stage in my life now and I am looking for some community to exchange experiences and give each other support.

I took Seroquel for 1,5 months and Paxil for 4,5 months. I am 2 months free of meds now. About two weeks ago I've tried 7,5mg Mirtazapin for about 2-3 nights and felt worse afterwards so I stopped them.

What I feel at the moment: Very slow in my thinking process, lowered memory, not being able to feel feelings, problems with sleeping, dizzyness

Can somebody relate and give advice on how to deal with that?

I can hardly take it. I have suicidal thoughts because of this inner state. I feel not able to solve day to day problems or challenges.

I feel lost, without power and don't know what to do and how to help myself.

I want to help myself and would do anything to help me....

I wish to find community and peers who went or are going through similar issues. I would wish to meet up on a regular basis online. Where do I need to go/search/look up?

Thank you so much in advance.

Best wishes to all

• ChessieCat changed the title to Christina2: Seroquel, Paxil, Mirtazapine
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Christina2.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

You benefit from reinstating, but we need to know more about your drug history before giving advice.

Did you rapid taper these drugs or did you stop cold turkey? Please list the doses you were on when you started and the doses you were taking when you stopped.

Were you on psychiatric drugs prior to taking Seroquel and Paxil? Are you taking any supplements?

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Please continue to use this thread to ask questions and to document your taper.