Drowsiness

nofriendsphoebe

What are people doing to combat fatigue from WD? I feel constantly drowsy as I taper off my meds, especially after eating -- sometimes to where my eyes are physically closing involuntarily. I get at least 8 hours of sleep regularly. Caffeine doesn't help....Anyone else?

2014 - started 10mg Escitalopram

2015-2017 - 15mg

2017 - feel lethargic; go down to 10mg, no WD symptoms 

2018 - try quitting cold turkey; bad WD, reinstate at 5mg  

2019 -2021 try to taper off too quickly, reinstate at 2.5mg and hold; few WD symptoms (headaches, GI symptoms, bouts of panic) but mostly windows!

2022: switch to liquid to begin tapering from 2.5 ML (didn't bridge from pill form first which may have led to more WD symptoms)

- Jan-March 2.3ML; GI symptoms (diarrhea, heartburn, stomach cramps); some panic/hypochondria; 

- March: 2.2ML; begin getting constant vertigo. take a steroid for two days at advice of ENT and have big setback 

Currently: 2.6 ML and holding 

Supplements: B12 and D3 for deficiencies; Magnesium 400mg + B2 400mg for migraines; fish oil 

I was just about to post something like this! I am having EXTREME exhaustion. It’s absolutely all consuming and indescribable how fatigued I am. I am barely functioning. I’m not sure if it’s my Zoloft taper or something else, but it does seem to coincide with my cuts. 

2014-severe postpartum depression, placed on 50mg Zoloft 2015-increase to 75mg Zoloft 2018-attempted to taper off Zoloft with MD guidance, large reductions (25-50%) leading to severe withdrawal 2019- remain on 75mg 

10/19-taper to 50mg, somewhat tolerated Beginning of 2020-taper to 3/4 of pill (had no scale) approx. 37.5 mg End of 2020-taper to 25 mg Zoloft (0.07 g pill weight)       found SA:

5/20/21- taper to 0.065 g pill weight, no adverse effects  6/20/21-taper to 0.06 g pill weight  7/20/21- taper to 0.055g PW, switch to liquid. 8/21 0.05 g PW 9/21 0.048 PW 10/21 0.045 PW 11/21 0.043 then 0.04 PW 11/21 0.38 PW then O. 032 PW 12/21 0.025 PW 1/22 0.02 PW toggled with 0.025 2/22 0.02 toggled with 0.01 PW 3/22 forgot dose several days in a row, off. Some tearfulness but decided not to updose 

currently off all meds but supplementing with Mg complex 

• Moderator Emeritus

If you haven't had a check up lately it might be a good idea to get your blood pressure checked and get a blood test done.  Sometimes we can have low levels of something, eg iron, Vitamin D, thyroid.

It may be a due to a psychiatric drug, ie side effect or withdrawal symptom, but it is better to get it checked to rule out other possible causes.

But be sure, if the doctor suggests a drug, to check out the possible side effects and drug interactions BEFORE you take anything.

And if starting a supplement, start with a small amount and only one thing at a time.  It is better to take a single supplement NOT a complex:

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

If you haven't had a check up lately it might be a good idea to get your blood pressure checked and get a blood test done.  Sometimes we can have low levels of something, eg iron, Vitamin D, thyroid.

It may be a due to a psychiatric drug, ie side effect or withdrawal symptom, but it is better to get it checked to rule out other possible causes.

But be sure, if the doctor suggests a drug, to check out the possible side effects and drug interactions BEFORE you take anything.

And if starting a supplement, start with a small amount and only one thing at a time.  It is better to take a single supplement NOT a complex:

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

Hi Chessie. I've just done a check up and some lab work at the doctor and everything she tested for came out normal, but I can't be sure she checked for everything that could lead to this, I guess. I'm not taking supplements except some electrolyte powder occasionally because I get migraines from my SSRIs and need to stay hydrated, but I've been doing that for months and this side effect just started getting worse this week...along with some vertigo and brain fog. I'm tapering so slowly, too! 

2014 - started 10mg Escitalopram

2015-2017 - 15mg

2017 - feel lethargic; go down to 10mg, no WD symptoms 

2018 - try quitting cold turkey; bad WD, reinstate at 5mg  

2019 -2021 try to taper off too quickly, reinstate at 2.5mg and hold; few WD symptoms (headaches, GI symptoms, bouts of panic) but mostly windows!

2022: switch to liquid to begin tapering from 2.5 ML (didn't bridge from pill form first which may have led to more WD symptoms)

- Jan-March 2.3ML; GI symptoms (diarrhea, heartburn, stomach cramps); some panic/hypochondria; 

- March: 2.2ML; begin getting constant vertigo. take a steroid for two days at advice of ENT and have big setback 

Currently: 2.6 ML and holding 

Supplements: B12 and D3 for deficiencies; Magnesium 400mg + B2 400mg for migraines; fish oil 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy