SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

I have depression and anxiety. My former prescribing ARNP started me on Latuda to augment sertraline (an off-label use) but I didn’t notice any effects. We then switched 150mg sertraline to 20mg trintillex from November-December and I felt good but I had eye twitching and found out it was expensive so I decided to try an ADHD medication as recommended by my prescribing ARNP. I lowered my trintillex (I think to 10mg) and started the ADHD med but I was anxious and nauseous on it so I stopped and went back up to 20mg trintillex. A few weeks after that, I started having severe symptoms (see below). I have a feeling that increasing the trintillex caused my current symptoms but Latuda is not covered by my insurance so I want to get off it as well. I know I need to titrate slowly but I don’t know which one to start with. 

I was working with an ARNP and we discussed starting sertraline and then decreasing trintillex but she dropped me after I asked started asking questions about and wanting to change the tapering schedule. She discouraged me from stopping the trintillex alone and said my depression would get worse.

Since January 11th, I have been experiencing debilitating anxiety, crying uncontrollably (for the first two weeks), nausea, vomiting, racing heart, heat sensitivity, insomnia, stomach pain, suicidal ideation, obsessive thoughts, memory issues, cognitive issues, itching, agitation, feeling detached, irritability, waves of panic, self doubt, and constipation.

My questions are as follows: 

1. Should I start decreasing the Latuda or the trintillex first?
  2. Do you think decreasing the Latuda could help my anxiety symptoms even though it didn’t seem to have a positive affect on me when I started taking it?
  3. Would it be unsafe for me to start decreasing trintillex without adding another SSRI?
  4. Would it be safe for me to start on sertraline before dropping the trintillex?

To the best of my memory:

2006-2010: sertraline

2006-2007: risperidone

2010-2016: took fluoxetine and 

citalopram as mono therapy

2016: trial Effexor for a few months

2016-2020: escitalopram (polyrugged with Wellbutrin)

2016-2020: Wellbutrin, months on and months off

May 21-Nov 21: tapered from escitalopram to sertraline 150mg

August 21: trial of lamotragine (rash)

August 21: started latuda (off label) at 20mg, then up to 40mg and 60mg but back down to 40mg

November 21: two week taper from sertraline to trintillex 20mg, experienced eye twitching and itchiness

(5mg trintillex for 5 days, day 6 decrease sertraline to 100mg, day 10 decrease sertraline to 50mg and increase trintillex to 10mg, day 14 stop sertraline, 10 days of 15mg trintillex and then up to 20mg trintillex)

December 21: quick taper down on trintillex to I think 10mg and trialed dextro-amphetamine for a week, 10-40mg, anxious and nauseous (1/2 of 40mg pill in am, then 1/2 pill am and 1/2 pill pm, then 20mg am and no pm, then 20 mg am and 1/2 pm, then maybe 20 mg am and 20 mg pm)

December 21: quick taper back up to 20mg trintillex, some lip and foot twitching 

January 22: lorazepam for a few days 

January 22: clonidine .1mg-.4mg per day, currently taking .1mg am and .1mg pm

January 22-March 22: ashwagonda, L-theanine, and probiotics 

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Clonidine .1mg am and .1mg pm

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

Edited by ChessieCat
Resized font

August 21: started latuda (off label) at 20mg, then up to 40mg and 60mg but back down to 40mg

November 21: two week taper from sertraline to trintillex 20mg, experienced eye twitching and itchiness

(5mg trintillex for 5 days, day 6 decrease sertraline to 100mg, day 10 decrease sertraline to 50mg and increase trintillex to 10mg, day 14 stop sertraline, 10 days of 15mg trintillex and then up to 20mg trintillex) missed 3 doses of Latuda and then went down to 10mg Trintellix, tapered back up to 20mg at some point

December 21: quick taper down on trintillex to I think 10mg and trialed dextro-amphetamine for a week, 10-40mg, anxious and nauseous (1/2 of 40mg pill in am, then 1/2 pill am and 1/2 pill pm, then 20mg am and no pm, then 20 mg am and 1/2 pm, then maybe 20 mg am and 20 mg pm).

December 21: quick taper back up to 20mg trintillex, some lip and foot twitching 

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

Also, how slow should I titrate down? I’ve seen 10% per month, is that the standard? I would rather go faster if it would be safe.

(5mg trintillex for 5 days, day 6 decrease sertraline to 100mg, day 10 decrease sertraline to 50mg and increase trintillex to 10mg, day 14 stop sertraline, 10 days of 15mg trintillex and then up to 20mg trintillex) missed 3 doses of Latuda and then went down to 10mg Trintellix, tapered back up to 20mg at some point

December 21: quick taper down on trintillex to I think 10mg and trialed dextro-amphetamine for a week, 10-40mg, anxious and nauseous (1/2 of 40mg pill in am, then 1/2 pill am and 1/2 pill pm, then 20mg am and no pm, then 20 mg am and 1/2 pm, then maybe 20 mg am and 20 mg pm).

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

• ChessieCat changed the title to daughterc: introduction & help request!

daughterc - intro & advice please

I have depression and anxiety. My prescribing ARNP started me on Latuda to augment sertraline (an off-label use) but I didn’t notice any effects. We then switched sertraline to trintillex from November-December and I felt good but I had eye twitching and found out it was expensive so I decided to try an ADHD medication as recommended by my prescribing ARNP. I lowered my trintillex (I think to 10mg) and started the ADHD med but I was anxious and nauseous on the ADHD med so I stopped and went back up on trintillex. A few weeks after that, I started having severe symptoms (see next paragraph). I have a feeling that increasing the trintillex caused my current symptoms but Latuda is not covered by my insurance so I want to get off it as well. I know I need to titrate slowly but I don’t know which one to start with. 

I was working with an ARNP and we discussed starting sertraline and then decreasing Trintillex but she dropped me after I asked started asking questions about and wanting to change the tapering schedule. My former ARNP discouraged me from just stopping the trintellex and said my depression would get worse.

Since January 11th, I have been experiencing debilitating anxiety, crying uncontrollably (for the first two weeks), nausea, vomiting, racing heart, heat sensitivity, insomnia, stomach pain, suicidal ideation, obsessive thoughts, memory issues, cognitive issues, itching, agitation, feeling detached, irritability, waves of panic, self doubt, and constipation.

My questions are as follows: 

1. Should I start decreasing the Latuda or the trintillex?
  2. Do you think decreasing the Latuda could help my anxiety symptoms even though it didn’t seem to have a positive affect on me when I started taking it?
  3. Would it be unsafe for me to start decreasing trintillex without adding another SSRI?
  4. Would it be safe for me to start on sertraline before dropping the trintillex?

November 21: missed 3 days of Latuda and had emotional symptoms and restless leg syndrome/no sleep on the third night, dropped down to 20mg, not sure when returned to 40mg but at some point I did 

(5mg trintillex for 5 days, day 6 decrease sertraline to 100mg, day 10 decrease sertraline to 50mg and increase trintillex to 10mg, day 14 stop sertraline, 10 days of 15mg trintillex and then up to 20mg trintillex)

December 21: quick taper down on trintillex to I think 10mg and trialed dextro-amphetamine for a week, 10-40mg, anxious and nauseous (1/2 of 40mg pill in am, then 1/2 pill am and 1/2 pill pm, then 20mg am and no pm, then 20 mg am and 1/2 pm, then maybe 20 mg am and 20 mg pm)

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

Edited by ChessieCat
added Intro topic title before merging with intro topic & resized font

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

Question 5: Do I need to taper at 10% per month for either drug or do you think I could go faster?

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

Has this been posted? I can’t tell.

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

Update: I looked deeper into my history and it looks like I also went down to 10mg on Trintillex right after I missed the 3 days of Latuda and I’m not sure when I returned up to 20mg. I am waiting on my records from my psychiatrist and hope that will give me some clarity.

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a volunteer-run community of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  Thank you for your patience in awaiting a reply.  It looks to me like you've had several drugs and drug changes in the recent past, and this has confused your brain and caused your nervous system to become destabilized, which then causes the many symptoms you are describing.  

Since your situation is rather complex, please don't do any tapering or further drug changes until advised by a staff member.  Thank you.  I will give you some basic information, and then one of us will give you suggestions about what to do about your drugs after we confer about this together.  

I will copy your list of drugs in your post body into your drug signature, since this is clearer and easier to read, being in a vertical list format.  

Here is some information about how these drugs actually work.   This explains why we get symptoms from going off of these medications, and why it's so important to taper slowly and carefully, and be very cautious about changing our doses: 

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

This helps you understand what withdrawal syndrome is: 

Video on Recovery from Psych Drugs

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Tapering is best done extremely slowly, and we generally taper by 10% of the current dose no more than once every 4 weeks, so that the reduction becomes exponentially smaller.

Why Taper by 10% of my Dosage  

Taking Multiple Psych Drugs - Which Drug to Taper First

Here is a link with checklists of common WD symptoms: 

Dr Joseph Glenmullen Withdrawal Symptom Checklists

Here are some techniques to cope with symptoms: 

Non Drug Ways to Cope with Withdrawal Symptoms

Stability is really important when we are tapering off psych meds.  Please read the link about stability:

Keep It Simple, Slow, and Stable

We don't suggest many supplements, but 2 that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Please hang in there.  I know things are pretty rough right now, but we will help you work through this.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/23/2022 at 9:29 PM, daughterc said:

it looks like I also went down to 10mg on Trintillex right after I missed the 3 days of Latuda and I’m not sure when I returned up to 20mg

Missing doses of your drugs can also cause nervous system destabilization, since the level of the drug in your bloodstream varies.  Please try and set a reminder for yourself to take your doses every day.  This will help.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

• Administrator

Welcome, @daughterc 

What exactly are you taking now, at what times o'clock and what dosages?

On 3/20/2022 at 1:30 PM, daughterc said:

I was working with an ARNP and we discussed starting sertraline and then decreasing trintillex but she dropped me after I asked started asking questions about and wanting to change the tapering schedule.

I am puzzled why you do not have a doctor now. You have been prescribed one psychiatric drug after another for 15 years. Was this ARNP your only prescriber all that time? When she decided she could no longer treat you, did she refer you to another doctor to continue your care? 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Welcome, @daughterc 

What exactly are you taking now, at what times o'clock and what dosages?

I am puzzled why you do not have a doctor now. You have been prescribed one psychiatric drug after another for 15 years. Was this ARNP your only prescriber all that time? When she decided she could no longer treat you, did she refer you to another doctor to continue your care? 

7:15am: .1mg clonidine, .112 levothyroxine (thryroid)
7:45am: 250mg CBD
12:00pm: 250mg CBD
5/6pm: 250mg CBD
9:00pm: .1mg clonidine, 40mg Latuda, 20mg trintillex, 500 mg krill oil, 125mcg vitamin D, 250mg CBD

I have had multiple prescribers throughout my life but I started seeing then ARNP around August when I started the Latuda. I originally wanted to switch back to on sertraline which is what I was on before I started working with her but when I started questioning starting on sertraline while on Trintillex, she said I have too high of needs. She had already been saying that once I started having these side effects but I believe that she didn’t like me questioning her. She suggested I try a local practice but they are full. I am currently trying to find a new prescriber through my insurance and I have an appt with someone in June if I can’t find anyone before then. I hope my PCP will continue prescribing until then. I just asked him if he would support me tapering off Latuda at 10%/month in an effort to get my insurance to cover it. I have a meeting with him on Wed to discuss. I do think my side effects might be from trintillex because they started after I increased the dose.

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

4 hours ago, getofflex said:

I will copy your list of drugs in your post body into your drug signature, since this is clearer and easier to read, being in a vertical list format.  

I think you added the bold part about me missing 3 doses of Latuda right? Will you move it to the end of November and say "missed 3 doses of Latuda and then went down to 10mg Trintellix, tapered back up to 20mg at some point" please? I tried to do it myself but it said my signature had too many lines. 

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

4 hours ago, getofflex said:

Missing doses of your drugs can also cause nervous system destabilization, since the level of the drug in your bloodstream varies.  Please try and set a reminder for yourself to take your doses every day.  This will help.  

I'm usually pretty good at taking my medication, I think I just forgot to fill my med box with Latuda that week. However, my ARNP gave me 10mg samples of trintillex rather than 20mg so I accidentally took 10mg last Wednesday and Thursday :(

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

• Administrator

You should file a complaint about the ARNP with your state medical board. Prescribers cannot reject complex cases without referring them to another doctor, that's irresponsible.

On 3/20/2022 at 1:30 PM, daughterc said:

I have a feeling that increasing the trintillex caused my current symptoms but Latuda is not covered by my insurance so I want to get off it as well. I know I need to titrate slowly but I don’t know which one to start with. 

This is the reason you want to go off Latuda, correct? Is it your intention to go off Latuda and continue with a different combination of psychiatric drugs?

32 minutes ago, daughterc said:

7:15am: 1mg clonidine, .112 levothyroxine (thryroid)
7:45am: 250mg CBD
12:00pm: 250mg CBD
5/6pm: 250mg CBD
9:00pm: 40mg Latuda, 20mg trintillex, 500 mg krill oil, 125mcg vitamin D, 250mg CBD

Why are you taking clonidine first thing in the morning and Latuda and Trintellix at the same time at night? Are you also taking clonidine later in the day?

When did you start levothyroxine, and for what reason?

Why are you taking CBD all day long?

Vitamin D is a daytime hormone, you should be taking it in the morning.

Please put ALL your drugs in this Interactions Checker and post the report or a link to it in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

10 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You should file a complaint about the ARNP with your state medical board. Prescribers cannot reject complex cases without referring them to another doctor, that's irresponsible.

This is the reason you want to go off Latuda, correct? Is it your intention to go off Latuda and continue with a different combination of psychiatric drugs?

Why are you taking clonidine first thing in the morning and Latuda and Trintellix at the same time at night? Are you also taking clonidine later in the day?

When did you start levothyroxine, and for what reason?

Why are you taking CBD all day long?

Vitamin D is a daytime hormone, you should be taking it in the morning.

Please put ALL your drugs in this Interactions Checker and post the report or a link to it in this topic.

My mom plans to file a complaint, a lot has gone on by I don't feel up to typing it all up yet. 

I want to go off of both eventually but I don't know if I will replace them with another SSRI. I am thinking I should prioritize the Latuda right now due to financial issues and the potential negative consequences of taking it longterm. I think my issues may be due to Trintillex because they started right after I increased the dose but I don't know for sure. 

I take the clonidine in the morning because the ARNP told me to take it twice a day and it has about a 12 hour half-life I believe. I realized I forgot it in my reply so I just went and edited it. I think the ARNP also told me to take Latuda and Trintillix at night but it's been so long that I don't remember. 

I have been taking levothyroxine since I was 13/14 (2009 maybe?) due to hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's. 

I'm taking CBD all day long because I thought it might help with anxiety and I read it lasts about 3-4 hours.

I'll start taking Vitamin D in the morning.

Here are my drug interactions: https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?interaction_list_id=183500572&drug_list=1463-3517,3490-18003,3278-14870,704-0,1749-19797,646-5790,1486-0

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello.  Please keep a daily drug and symptom schedule, to see how the drugs are affecting you.  Especially pay close attention to the symptoms you have before, and after you take your drugs.  You mentioned that when you went back up to your 20 mg of Trintellix is when your symptoms started, so you may be having an adverse reaction to the Trintellix.  Do this for a full 24 hours, so we can see your sleep patterns, too. See this link to know how to do your daily journal: 

Recording Drug Schedule and Symptoms to Track Patterns

Here is an example: 

6 AM woke with anxiety

8 am took 2.5 mg lexapro

10 am stomach is upset

10:30 am ate breakfast

11:35 am got a headache, lasted one hour

12:35 ate lunch

4 pm feel a bit better

5 pm took 2.5 mg lexapro

6 pm ate dinner

9:20 pm headache 

10:00 pm took 50 mg Seroquel

10:30 pm feeling dizzy

10:30 pm fell asleep 

2:30 am woke, took 3 mg Ambien

2:45 am fell asleep

4:30 am woke, but got back to sleep 

Please post your daily journals in here, so we can help you figure out what is going on.  

On 3/31/2022 at 5:17 AM, getofflex said:

Hello.  Please keep a daily drug and symptom schedule, to see how the drugs are affecting you.  Especially pay close attention to the symptoms you have before, and after you take your drugs.  You mentioned that when you went back up to your 20 mg of Trintellix is when your symptoms started, so you may be having an adverse reaction to the Trintellix.  Do this for a full 24 hours, so we can see your sleep patterns, too. See this link to know how to do your daily journal: 

3/31/22

5:30am woke up

6:00-6:30am anxiety increased (this is typical for my mornings, the longer I'm awake, the more I stress about work)

7:10am .1mg clonidine & .112 levothryoxine

7:45am 250mg CBD, vitamin D, and breakfast, felt slightly better

12pm new therapist, anxiety increased but could have been due to discussing issues

12:55pm 250mg and lunch, felt slightly better

5:30pm nauseous, ate dinner, felt slightly better

7:30pm .1mg clonidine, epsum salt bath, felt slightly better (potentially due to talking to my mom)

9:00pm foot twitching

9:30pm 40mg latuda, 20mg trintillix, fish oil

11pm woke up, anxious about work 

Later that night: 250mg CBD (since missed typical dinner CBD), felt slightly better, may have dozed for a few minutes here and there but otherwise up for the majority of the night due to work stress

The last few weeks I've been sleeping from around 9:30pm through to around 4-6am so last night was not normal (for right now). I am about to start my period and I didn't have a great day yesterday so I think that contributed to my higher stress level around work and thus my lack of sleep. 

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, daughterc said:

12:55pm 250mg and lunch

250 mg of what?  

I need to know more about specific symptoms you have throughout the day and at night.  You say several times you feel slightly better.   I'm not sure what symptom or symptoms you feel slightly better from.  Do you mean less anxious?  Less nauseous?  Less crying?

What specific symptoms do you have before taking the Latuda and the Trintellix?  What specific symptoms do you have after you take the Latuda and Trintellix?  I'm trying to see if you are having an adverse reaction to these drugs.  

Antidepressants are usually taken in the morning.  Did you doctor tell you to take the trintellix at night?  Is there a particular reason for taking it at night?  Since you take Trintellix at the same time as Latuda, it will be hard to tell what is causing what.  

It's really good that most nights you get a pretty decent night's sleep.  

Please continue to do your daily symptom and drug journal.  I will confer with the staff on whether it might be better to move the Trintellix gradually to earlier in the day.  

Edited by getofflex

On 4/1/2022 at 3:15 PM, getofflex said:

250 mg of what?  

I need to know more about specific symptoms you have throughout the day and at night.  You say several times you feel slightly better.   I'm not sure what symptom or symptoms you feel slightly better from.  Do you mean less anxious?  Less nauseous?  Less crying?

What specific symptoms do you have before taking the Latuda and the Trintellix?  What specific symptoms do you have after you take the Latuda and Trintellix?  I'm trying to see if you are having an adverse reaction to these drugs.  

Antidepressants are usually taken in the morning.  Did you doctor tell you to take the trintellix at night?  Is there a particular reason for taking it at night?  Since you take Trintellix at the same time as Latuda, it will be hard to tell what is causing what.  

It's really good that most nights you get a pretty decent night's sleep.  

Please continue to do your daily symptom and drug journal.  I will confer with the staff on whether it might be better to move the Trintellix gradually to earlier in the day.  

250mg of CBD.

When I said slightly better, I was referring to anxiety. That is my main symptom. 

Since I take both Latuda and trintillex at night, I don’t notice much a difference before and after. 

I don’t remember if my prescriber told me to take the trintillex at night but I’ve always taken SSRIs at night so maybe I assumed that’s when I should take it. 

I used to need and be able to sleep 9+ hours a night so this amount of sleep is completely new to me, but I am grateful for what I am able to get.

If I am having an adverse reaction to trintillex, wouldn’t it be better to take it at night so I sleep through it? It looks like peak plasma concentration is 7-11 hours so maybe it is hitting me in the mornings. 

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

I know this isn’t recommended by the site but I have compromised with my PCP to start tapering Latuda by 5mg every 3 weeks. I decided to start with Latuda due to the expense and the negative consequences of being on it longterm. I am not convinced that it isn’t the trintillex causing my issues so I may switch to tapering that if I don’t feel better in 3 weeks and I can get my PCP or a new psych to agree.

Here is my tracking for the last two days. My schedule was off this weekend because I visited my mom. I am usually less anxious after work but I wasn’t on 4/1/22.

4/1/22

710am .1mg clonidine and .112mg levothyroxine

750am breakfast, vitamin D, 250mg CBD

10am anxious but maybe because I was driving 

11am eye twitching

1pm 250mg CBD and lunch 

4pm anxious even though with a friend

530pm dinner, missed normal dose of 250mg CBD

6-8pm felt less anxious but maybe because I was going to my mom’s house

11pm snack, 250mg cbd, 35mg Latuda, 20mg trintillix, fish oil

4/2/22

5/5:30am woke up

7am thigh twitching 

730am .1mg clonidine, .112 mg levothyroxine, vitamin D

830am breakfast, tired and dozed

930am mildly anxious

10am 250mg CBD, snack

145pm lunch

330pm 250mg CBD

345 anxiety, tired and dozed 

430pm snack

630pm dinner, 250mg CBD, less anxious 

8pm epsom salt bath

9pm 35mg Latuda, 20mg trintillix, fish oil

945pm fell asleep

Edited by ChessieCat
reduced font size

Current medications:

Latuda 40mg

Trintillex 20mg

Fish oil

Vitamin D 

Levothyroxine .112mg

• Administrator
1 hour ago, daughterc said:

I know this isn’t recommended by the site but I have compromised with my PCP to start tapering Latuda by 5mg every 3 weeks. I decided to start with Latuda due to the expense and the negative consequences of being on it longterm. I am not convinced that it isn’t the trintillex causing my issues so I may switch to tapering that if I don’t feel better in 3 weeks and I can get my PCP or a new psych to agree.

Here are our Tips for tapering off lurasidone (Latuda) 

Tips for tapering off vortioxetine (Trintellix, previously called Brintellix)

You are right that Latuda is both expensive and a high-risk drug that probably was inappropriately prescribed, and a priority for minimizing your drug burden. 

If you wish to follow your PCP's tapering schedule, please report any withdrawal symptoms or other problems to your prescriber. You do not need to post daily notes for us.

I'm going to be really honest here. Your drug history is that of a person who's been told they need psychiatric drugs for the rest of their lives. You have been on and off so many drugs, most likely many symptoms that were interpreted as worsening of your psychiatric disorder probably were adverse drug effects or withdrawal. Your drug history may have caused your thyroid damage. Your last prescriber was an ARNP who behaved unethically and may have been incompetent.

This is a site for going off psychiatric drugs. If you decide you want to minimize your drug burden via our gradual tapering methods, please let us know.

• Moderator Emeritus

@daughterc  You may want to read the book Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker. It comes highly recommended on this site. Whitaker is a medical journalist and historian. 

Here is the book trailer video: 

Robert Whitaker, author Anatomy of an Epidemic video (11.5 minutes)

You may also want to read his articles on the Mad in America site, a site dedicated to psychiatric reform:

Mad in America - Robert Whitaker archives

As Alto wrote, we're a site for coming off of psychiatric drugs. The fact that you found this site is a sign that a part of you is wanting out of the drugging chaos and to find some peace of mind. I would do some research before making any more drug changes.