Dandelion3: Quitting while new

Dandelion3

New here. I had a sudden illness/trauma and was given seroquel and gabapentin for sleep. I was told to use as needed. I’ve been taking Seroquel, anywhere from 12.5-25 mg at night for ten weeks and gabapentin 300 mg at night for seven weeks. I’m still not sleeping great even with these, but I am realizing I never should have taken them and I want off. I have no idea how to do this. Can I just stop the seroquel? How much can I drop at a time? Can I taper both at the same time? I am super anxious about all this.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Dandelion3: Quitting while new
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Dandelion3

It is unusual to be directed to take Seroquel and gabapentin "as needed". If you have been taking either of these drugs every day for more than a few weeks, you are likely to become physiologically adapted to them. You will need to taper off.

What times o'clock do you take each of these drugs? What effects do they have on you?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.