Rhiannon

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

thecowisback

i make my own. 

Adili13

Me too. If you can afford the Ora plus and are stressing about dispersion, I highly recommend it. I have no idea if the sediment is filler or not, but the fact that it’s evenly mixed with the Ora eases my mind and is worth the money imo. 

Adili13

I do half Ora 10 ml and half water. Being that the bottle contains over 400 ml, this will last me over 40 days. On amazon it’s like 25 bucks. Expensive, but not as much as paying like 250 a month for liquid paxil

thecowisback
  • i'm trying to find a similar item in the uk but i think it must be called something different over here 😊

Adili13

There’s gotta be. Go to a compounding pharmacy and see what they offer 

thecowisback

we don't have one of those where i live 😑

thecowisback

just double checking my dosage. i was making liquid from 1 x 20mg capsule in 20ml of water and taking 5ml a day - 5mg prozac. the mixture was running out quickly so today i used 3 x 20 mg capsules in 60ml of water so i still take 5 ml to equal 5mg prozac? i'm sure that 's right but needed to double check 😉 @ChessieCat

thecowisback
On 5/2/2019 at 8:31 AM, thecowisback said:

just double checking my dosage. i was making liquid from 1 x 20mg capsule in 20ml of water and taking 5ml a day - 5mg prozac. the mixture was running out quickly so today i used 3 x 20 mg capsules in 60ml of water so i still take 5 ml to equal 5mg prozac? i'm sure that 's right but needed to double check 😉 @ChessieCat

@Altostrata

Songbird
On 4/25/2019 at 7:09 AM, Adili13 said:

For anyone who feels their liquid is uneven and the pill just sinks to the bottom, Ora Plus works incredibly well at disbursing the pill evenly. I use 10 ml water and 10 ml Ora plus with my 20 mg of Paxil. I’m no longer worrying about it evenly dispersing. It’s clear as day that it works super well. 

This is what I've been doing as well, just in case there's any active ingredient stuck inside those tiny pill crumbs!  I also like that it makes a syrupy liquid rather than water, it seems easier to handle when measuring and when actually taking it.

Altostrata
On 5/2/2019 at 12:31 AM, thecowisback said:

The 20mL lasted you 3-4 days, correct?

60mL might last you 11-12 days. I would not keep a do-it-yourself liquid for more than maybe 4 days, it might go bad, even in the refrigerator.

Your math is correct but your technique is not recommended.

thecowisback

ok, thankyou ☺

thecowisback

I'm still having trouble getting the last bit of compacted powder out of the capsules. I've tried using as toothpick to scrape out the last bits but some still remains. If I put the capsule into the water to wash it out some powder sticks to the capsule when I remove it. Would it be ok to leave the empty capsule in the solution for the duration of the use of the liquid? 

TriD

I'm trying to take small amount of lexapro, i have 10mg tablet, but feel I only need a minute dose.

0.5mg or 0.2mg based on the attached PDF which i made, it would think a 10-20% 5-HTT block would be enough to treat my symptoms as i continue to taper.

i have a digital scale, so I am thinking of crushing the 10mg tablet to powder and weighing out what would be 0.5mg/0.2mg, which would be micro dosing.

then i will put the powder into 10ml of water and swallow that, in that i dont need to dissolve it, but rather mix it to a larger volume to allow for ingestion rather than putting powder in mouth which might have no effect.

thanks

Doc2.pdf

brassmonkey

You would be working with a very tiny amount of powder and losing any of it would cause a large change in the strength of the dose.  If you try putting it into water there is a good chance that some will stick to the container and be lost.  There are several other ways that might work better.  Take a spoon of apple sauce or fruit jam and pour the powder on a pile on top of that and swallow it whole. Or take a very small piece of toilet tissue (single ply) and wrap the powder in that.  Make it into a tiny ball and swallow it whole with some water.

TriD

nice thanks for the tip, i think i need a bit more paper in my diet so will take that option.

swordiebrom

aren't you afraid of a relapse while you are tapering? i think i might have experienced a relapse of some sort or withdrawal,i  cant really tell, each relapse hurts my cognitive function

Daffy

I was wondering if tap water was OK to use to make my liquid or do I need to buy distilled water?

ChessieCat

I think tap water is okay.  However I think it would be better to use distilled water, bottled water or filtered water.

The unused portion needs to be refrigerated in a dark/tinted (preferably), covered container.

Daffy

Ok. Thank-you!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy