Fundraising for Prof. Melcangi's study of paroxetine and PSSD

Separatesky

Please see the following post by Altostrata linked below:

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

I verified this with Dr. Melcangi. It is legitimate. 

Hi everyone, I recently read about this new study of Meclangi about the SSRI paroxetine, there is a fundraising to enable the researchers to keep going, and it almost reached the goal. The study has to be carried out on rats. Please DONATE and SHARE the link to reach the goal faster, that's an important step to fight and defeat this horrible disease. Thank you.

https://gofund.me/3d6f8a77

"To define in detail the mechanisms involved in the pathogenesis of PSSD, we intend to evaluate:

1. whether paroxetine is able to interact, like finasteride, with other molecules beyond its own molecular target (i.e., identification of off-targets), suggesting alternative mechanisms of action;

2. whether in an animal model, treatment with paroxetine, as well as its suspension, are able to alter the gut microbiota, as occurs for finasteride, and / or gut steroidogenesis;

3. whether, as in PSSD patients, also in the animal model treated with paroxetine a persistent alteration of sexual function can be found and to define the pathological mechanisms involved.

These observations will be important not only to clarify the pathophysiological mechanisms of PSSD but also to define further diagnostic criteria and identify possible therapeutic strategies."

Edited by ChessieCat
added link

• Administrator

I verified this with Dr. Melcangi. It is legitimate. 

Dr. Melcangi says:

Indeed, to recover money for PSSD research is not easy, because unfortunately the official agencies funding research do not still recognise PSSD. So even if these donations only partially cover our expenses (the cost for the basic research is very high) they are extremely important.

If patients have to fund research in psychiatric drug adverse effects, so be it.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Altostrata changed the title to Fundraising for Prof. Melcangi's study of paroxetine and PSSD